affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

31. new plans

1.5K 66 3
By SKULLJIN

031

Jungkook's apoplectic actions completely stunned Devora, pulling the attention of the people that were by the bar. Close enough to hear the chair drop.

The rest of the people minded their own business, having too much fun with the live music to discover the disturbance going on.

Devora noticed how his hands were now clutched into balled fists, he was unquestionably furious. But why, exactly?

What could agitate such a good-natured person?

He was composed, never once lost his temper — from what Devora had seen — yet, he stood there with his eyes narrowed, his pupils like black holes swallowing everything that would get in his way.

His knuckles were white from his strong clench, poking through his inked skin.

"Jungkook? What's going on?" She found the guts to ask, alarmed by his abstruse behavior, not wanting to get in the middle of things or touch him.

His tongue poked the inside of his cheek, looking in both directions of the place to find something.

Or someone.

"Jayce," He found who he was looking for, placing both his hands on the island table.

Devora decided it was best to stay quiet, she highly doubted her questions would be answered at that moment.

He seemed fed up, not wanting to talk.

She squeezed her hands together over her purse, chewing her lower lip as she watched everything unfold.

"What's up? Is everything all right?" His sleeves were now rolled up from the last time he was with them, sliding behind the bar to tend to Jungkook.

"Mika." Jungkook was curt when saying her name. "She needs to be fired." It was a demand.

His eyes turned to Mika who was pretending to seem busy at the far corner of the bar, averting any kind of eye contact.

Devora watched Jungkook's mannerisms when he spoke about Mika, looking at her with crowded eyebrows that pushed together, assessing her with his blazing scowl.

Jayce turned in Mika's direction, calling for her to join their discussion.

By that point, everybody was back to their own groups ignoring the vehement conversation happening a few feet away from them.

Devora watched deliberately.

Her head wanted to turn. Her brain was advising her that she needed to go back to the bathroom and scrounge for more harmony. But, her body stayed in place, wanting to know what went on while she was gone.

Fore-bonding over the defiance that leaked out of Jungkook's skin, emitting the atmosphere through his pores.

He was guarded.

"What? What do you mean I'm fired?" Mika shrilled in disbelief, standing up for herself.

"Jungkook says you were harassing him, and even suggested that you would..." Jayce seemed like he didn't want to finish his sentence, his finger pressed against his temple, embarrassed that he would ever hire somebody who would suggest such a thing.

Devora's heart dropped at the harassing part, blaming herself for not being there when this was happening. If she stayed or come around the time Mika was pestering him, she could have done something.

But, doing something would result in Devora spending the night in a jail cell for having a mean right hook.

She could only imagine how uncomfortable Jungkook was when...

Devora didn't even want to picture it.

"N-No, I would never do such a thing." Mika's apprehensive stuttering was a huge giveaway that she was lying. Horribly. "I never suggested that I would put something in his drink." Defended Mika.

Jayce's expression fell into a pool of frustration, dropping his hands from his temples. "I haven't even said what Jungkook told me." Her response assured him that what Jungkook was saying is true. "Just go. You're fired."

He put an end to the heated discussion, not wasting any more time for her to be giving more absurd excuses. Nothing could justify her behavior. Jayce couldn't trust her with making drinks, nor trust her in his building any longer.

Mika left without another word, knowing it would only make things worse for her.

Jayce put a palm up to his forehead, shutting his eyes for a moment.

"I am so sorry you had to go through that, dude." He baffled, "Honestly, how do I make it up to you? I feel horrible."

Jungkoook countered. "Don't worry about it, you already made it up to me by firing her." He assured, not wanting any favors from Jayce for doing the right thing.

"You realize that you're too genuine sometimes, right?" He jested with him to lighten the mood.

"Listen, it's been a crazy night and I've been running around busy helping out, but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, right?" Jayce made sure Jungkook knew that, looking at Devora. "You too, Devora. Don't hesitate to ask for anything." He pointed at her, with a smile.

"Thank you, Jayce." She slightly lowered her head, thankful that he was so sympathetic.

With that, he was gone.

Devora looked down, noticing that Jungkook's stool was still on the ground, idling to be picked up.

She reached for it, Jungkook mimicking her movements beside her.

Their hands slightly patted over each other, fondly.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, I just wanted to give you a hand." She apologized, letting go of the chair that Jungkook handled.

"Don't apologize Devora." He grunted quietly, sitting in his seat. "Actually, I should be sorry." He breathed, looking into the empty cup in front of him.

She had her chair faced toward him. "What do you mean you should be apologizing? If anything, you deserve an apology." Devora advised, referring to what he went through while she was gone.

"No, I mean I got so upset for nothing. I know what she did was wrong, but I feel like I overreacted, my chair even fell when I stood up." He recalled, embarrassed.

His nose and cheeks were nipped with red like he was outside in the middle of winter, roaming around with his face exposed, standing up to the biting snowstorm.

"I saw the look on your face too, you looked so anxious. That's when I felt like the amount of hostility I had was just unnecessary." Jungkook was in a cavity of guilt, irritated for letting his patience run so thin.

It was once Mika brought Devora into it when things started to get to him.

She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, I was okay. I was just a little startled, I wanted to know what happened. I was worried." Her thumb swiped his shoulder gently, trying to reassure him.

His eyes were now permeated with its original shimmer of simplicity, being that he had calmed down. His cheeks still tinted in its pool of flaming crimson, melting under her gentle touch, taking in her peaceful words.

He grabbed her hand that was on his shoulder, squeezing it with both his hands. "Let's go somewhere? Someplace else so it can just be us?" His eyebrows raised suggestively.

Devora became lost in a trance from looking at his soft lips for too long. Stranded in the firm hold Jungkook had on her one cold hand, his warm ones enclosed over it.

Like the sun reclaiming its home once it began to rise, kicking the moon out, replacing the iridescent stars with its burning streams of light.

Jungkook had a smug grin on his lips once he noticed how distracted she was.

'She just has no idea.' Jungkook thought, his massive hands acting as a blanket when setting over her smaller hands.

Devora snapped her mind back into reality once she heard his deep chuckle, forcing herself out of the daydream she was restrained into.

She failed horribly trying to conquer the shakiness in her voice, sweeping it under her tongue. "We can head back to my place— if that's okay with you?"

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11.2K 44
"Woah.." You trailed your fingers down his chest to his lower stomach, feeling him flinch from the sudden touch. "Your turn." Jungkook whispered down...
990 73 11
Namjoon breaks away from their kiss, leaning his forehead against Jungkook's, and tries to slow down his breathing. "Bun, I don't know what I'm doing...
413K 12.1K 39
Yn: are you happy with this marriage I asked him because he ignored me....and also didn't talk with me I scared because he just glaring me.but sudden...
3.2M 163K 74
𝘉𝘜𝘓𝘓𝘌𝘛 𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘚 #1 UNEDITED HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in angst & #2 in fanfiction "how old are you?" he asked. "eighteen." "hmm," he played with...