affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

30. vampire's kiss

1.8K 69 14
By SKULLJIN

030

"Welcome you two, my name is Mika, I'll be taking care of the bar for tonight," Her voice was delicate. "Are you interested in any drinks?"

"Hi, Mika," Jungkook greeted. "Actually, could you give us a moment to look over the menu? Please, thank you."

She noted, leaving them to it.

"Did you want to eat tonight?" He asked, flipping through the menu to find the list of food that they had.

"No, I'm okay. I'll just have some drinks." Devora made her cravings clear, watching Jungkook retrace back to the list of alcoholic beverages.

"Let me recommend a couple before you pick." The patient boy requested, searching for her approval.

Devora listened to all his references.

The names of the drinks were all so clever, though, some were overly explicit. Like one as Jungkook called them blow job or leg spreader.

She couldn't help but giggle as he announced the names, loud in such a serious tone, not once finding it unnatural.

Her giggles had him laughing, too. Realizing that some of the names of the drinks did seem a bit ridiculous.

But, some intrigued her with the titles.

"Oh, is this one any good?" She asked, pointing at one of the cocktails.

"Vampire's Kiss?" Jungkook repeated, trying to remember if he ever tried it before.

"Oh! I think Jimin ordered that once, yeah it's really cool— the way the presentation is!" He conversed over the subtle music.

"Okay! I'm gonna get that one." Devora answered with enthusiasm, "What about you? What are you getting?"

"I'm just gonna order some whiskey."

She raised her eyebrows, surprised by his choice of drinks. "Ooh okay, Mr.classic man." Devora nudged him gently, pushing on his laugh box.

Jungkook flagged down that bartender, both ready with their drinks in mind.

"I'll take a whiskey, please." He ordered for himself first, "And for the lady,"

He started the introduction for her, a sweet benign smile on his lips, head slightly tilted.

"Oh, thank you for that!" Devora wasn't expecting him to start her order. "Yes, I'll have the Vampires' Kiss, please." She gave the menu back to the woman.

It didn't occur to Devora that Jungkook kept his eyes on her the entire time she was ordering, not once looking up to make eye contact with the waitress. Not even for a second.

Mika went on to make the drinks.

Devora took a look around the place once more, acknowledging the band playing a more uplifting tone, more of the saxophone and trumpet getting its time to shine, the drums playing a quiet beat in the background.

The man on stage began singing his song. His deep strenuous voice matched up with the instruments so effectively, causing the guests to feel the music.

Even if they didn't want to, they found themselves entangled with the talented musicians on stage.

She was already tapping her foot to the beat of the song, her head slightly moving to the sounds that reverberated in her ears.

It wasn't until she noticed Jungkook's watchful eyes — that were staggered on her movements — when she realized she was moving to the music.

His fingers on the table tapped along with the tempo that somehow encouraged her to keep going.

She grabbed onto his tapping fingers, holding his hand to get the rest of his body moving along with her.

A blush crept on his cheeks, his teeth flashing themselves openly to her as he took up on her invitation.

Grabbing on her fingers, putting her hand above their heads, twirling her body on the spinning stool, twisting her in her chair — right when the song told the people to do the twist.

Devora laughed carelessly, coming to terms with the fact that she hadn't had that much fun in a while.

It wasn't long until Mika came around, handing them their drinks.

"Oh, thank you, Mika!" Jungkook never let go of Devora's moving hand, squeezing her fingers to get her attention.

"Little miss," He quoted the song, "Your drink is here." He smirked, gently nudging the cocktail towards her.

Her hands clapped together once, already intrigued by the looks of her drink.

It was served in a coupe glass, the drink itself was a piercing blood-red color with smoke oozing out on top, flowing down to the end of the glass, sweeping away up into the atmosphere.

It reminded her of the days in winter when she would pipe her hot breath out, watching it turn to fog, combining with the cold air.

He watched Devora's eyes light up, amazed by the streaming smoke coming out of her drink due to the magic of dry ice.

"Do I have to wait for the smoke to evaporate?" Devora asked Jungkook, dubious as to what the smoke was caused by.

He hummed, "No Dev, you can go ahead and try a sip. Just make sure the cubes don't rise up, I don't want you drinking the dry ice."

She made sure to follow his instructions, only taking a small sip to get a taste of the drink.

Devora tapped her tongue quietly against the roof of her mouth multiple times, trying to pinpoint the many flavors that were bursting in her mouth, her taste buds showering in the sweet-tart taste from the sugared rim.

He watched quietly for her feedback, eyes squinting as he studied her unreadable expression.

"How is it?" Jungkook asked, wanting to hear opinions.

She clicked her tongue. "It's honestly really good, I can really taste the Vodka, along with the raspberry that was added." Devora described it to him.

"Did you wanna try a sip?" She offered.

"Only if you insist." He cajoled, a tantalizing smile pushing on his lips. "Can I try the rim as well?" He purred in question, pointing at the candied red rim.

"Of course, I don't mind."

Taking a small sip, holding it upon himself to lick part of the rim as well.

His tongue scraped part of the rim, tipping the cup over simultaneously, taking a careful sip to make sure the dry ice wouldn't slide up to his lips.

He set the cup down, his tattooed fingers sliding under his damp lip to catch the fallen dabs of liquor that rolled down the side of his lip, licking his index finger to absorb the sweet flavors that tried running away from his mouth.

Devora shifted her eyes someplace else, feeling her ears heat up from his actions.

'Quit being so weird Devora... you are such a creep for that.' She profoundly scolded herself for looking at him that way.

Friends shouldn't picture other friends in such ways; is what Devora imposed upon herself, shaking her head mentally.

Instead, she should be working on getting to know him.

Unless, he did it on purpose — knowing she was watching.

But, Devora doubted that it was on purpose. He was just naturally good-looking while drinking alcohol. That's all.

Perhaps it was the Jazz music that was setting him up to be way more attractive than he already was?

She looked back at him to see if her theory was correct.

No. He definitely did not need Jazz music. He was already so beautiful.

Besides, how does one accidentally let a drink slip down their lips?

"Hmm, it's just how I remembered it." Jungkook recollected trying it from the time Jimin ordered it, a grin crawling on his soft lips.

Devora couldn't find her words, already so upset with herself.

Was this a date? Or was this just a simple hang-out?

Why did it feel like something more?

Her rosebud cheeks would heat up from his charming smirk, blushing when he put his lips on the cup.

"Sorry Jungkook, could you excuse me for a minute?" Her hands mingled with one another, suddenly bashful. "I have to use the bathroom."

"I'll be here." He confirmed, drying his fingers with the napkin on the table.

She immediately took that opportunity to speed to the bathroom, wanting to assemble her principles and calm herself down a bit.

Jungkook was left by himself, a somber tone casting upon him with the music the band now switched to.

Was he being too much? Jungkook pondered, watching the dry ice evaporate into thin air. The cube at the bottom of the glass faded away along with the rest of its vapor.

'Shit, did I make her uncomfortable just now?' Jungkook asked himself frantically. 'I knew as soon as I licked my fingers it would come off the wrong way.' He grabbed his cup, drinking the whiskey inside.

The corners of his lips pulled down into a skeptical grimace, putting the cup up to the light to examine it.

He realized that it wasn't the drink he ordered.

The woman must have mixed up his order with another customer because he didn't remember ordering Grey Goose.

He was so tangled up with his perceptions of Devora that he didn't even recognize the liquid wasn't a rusted brown color— the color that whiskey was supposed to look like.

"Excuse me, Mika," He called for the bartender's attention, watching her walk over to his seat.

"I ordered whiskey, but you served me Vodka." His smile was fraudulent, already drained from dealing with his doubts and frustration.

"Oh, gosh." Her face recoiled, forehead scrunched in defeat, "I am so sorry. Here, let me make you another, on the house."

"It's okay, take your time." Jungkook was still polished and good-natured, tying his patience on a tight leash.

The woman was back, a new cup in her hand with the accurate color of whiskey in the glass.

"Here you are, sir." She placed the cup in front of him, an almost devilish grin slackened on her lips.

Jungkook neglected that. Too busy caught up in his nebulous dull mind to notice the little things at that moment, just glad the lady was able to fix his drink.

He downed the drink, putting it down with a loud sigh of relief, in love with the taste that washed in his mouth.

Mika looked down at her button-up white-tee, unfastening one of the buttons to show more of her chest and cleavage.

"Finished already, huh?" She came by again, leaning her hands on the table in front of her. "Want another?"

Jungkook just smiled. "Yeah, thank you." Focusing his attention on his phone.

Mika began assembling the drink in front of him. "You know, I've never seen you here before, how are you so close to Jayce?" Making up any excuse to have a conversation with the man.

Jungkook looked up from his phone. "Oh um, we're old friends. I used to come all the time, you know before I got busy." He gave an awkward laugh, questioning in his mind whether or not her shirt was always so revealing.

"Oh, well no wonder," She giggled. "I actually started working here almost two months ago. Are you the photographer friend?" Mika guessed correctly.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, inquisitive as to how she knew that. "Yeah, does Jayce talk about me or something?"

"Yes, well, only sometimes." Mika laughed, placing the cup down in front of him. "More whiskey for you." Her tone was light, as gentle as the piano keys playing in the background.

"You know, I used to take a photography class." She made more conversation, keeping her elbows glued to the table in front of him.

"Oh, is that right?" He didn't mean to sound so interested, but anything to make the time pass.

"Well, in high school." She toyed with a napkin, getting a small laugh out of Jungkook. "And some in college, but I decided to take another route." Her eyes were low, looking up at him with a smile.

"Well, it isn't exactly for everyone, I suppose." He began to sweat, looking at the watch on his left wrist.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." She slightly pouted at his bland responses, wanting to get his attention. "I mean, from one photographer to another, maybe you could help me sometime. I've seen your shots, and they're all so fascinating."

He just smiled, confused about what to say next.

Was it a thank you?

His head went elsewhere, anywhere where she wasn't.

He knew exactly what her intentions were, and it wasn't working. He knew right from the moment her shirt was unbuttoned that she was looking for all the wrong attention from him.

He just wished she'd give up.

Suddenly, he felt his head being turned on its own, a hand below his chin that guided his direction back to her; Mika.

Her finger followed against his prodding jawline, falling down below his chest — tracing her fingers lower until he carefully swatted her hand away.

"What are you doing?" His eyes were now fully black like an oil spill, lacking the spirited gleam that they generally displayed.

"Oh come on, I know you're only with the girl for one thing." Mika referred to Devora. "Why not settle for somebody who won't play so hard to get? I can give you what you want."

Jungkook was offended.

Offended that the woman thought so low of Devora.

Him as well. What made her think sex is all he wanted?

His central purpose was to get closer to Devora — preferably more than friends— but at that point, he would settle for anything as long as she was going to be there with him.

"Excuse me? This act you're putting on is humiliating, I was trying to be nice at first, but you being so inappropriate, miss." Jungkook pushed his chair out, trying to scoot away from the woman who practically threw herself at him.

"Oh please, like you were gonna get that far with her either way. She thinks she's too good for you, anyway." Mika labeled Devora to be a pristine girl, a girl that thought highly of herself.

"I mean, I could loosen her up a bit," Her voice was brought to a low whisper. "You know, slip something in her drink. Make it easier for you, I'm sure you're struggling to keep it in your pants, big boy."

Her suggestion made Jungkook flinch, mortified that she would even consider something like that.

Mika.

The same woman that handled the drinks.

It made him wonder if she's done this in the past before.

It was egregious.

Jungkook noticed Devora come out of the restroom, retracing her steps back to their seat. Excusing herself through the crowds of people in the room.

There was something that ignited within his chest, lighting that churned through his veins in an odious response to Mika's behavior.

Something that urged him to do something about it. Pushing himself to stand up for it and the other people that she could have possibly brought the idea up to.

As soon as Devora sat down in her chair, Jungkook hastily stood up, causing the stool to fall behind him.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 11.1K 44
"Woah.." You trailed your fingers down his chest to his lower stomach, feeling him flinch from the sudden touch. "Your turn." Jungkook whispered down...
3.2M 163K 74
𝘉𝘜𝘓𝘓𝘌𝘛 𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘚 #1 UNEDITED HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in angst & #2 in fanfiction "how old are you?" he asked. "eighteen." "hmm," he played with...
729K 26.7K 64
"i've got everyones attention, except for yours." conceited, manipulative, egocentric, and rude. jeon jungkook; your schools heartthrob who is capabl...
403K 11.9K 39
Yn: are you happy with this marriage I asked him because he ignored me....and also didn't talk with me I scared because he just glaring me.but sudden...