affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

29. enthusiastic

1.8K 69 17
By SKULLJIN

029

Devora kept the image of Jungkook's radiant appearance in mind as she decided whether or not she should be going out with him.

After telling him yes, and even exchanging numbers, it was only now when she began to be dubious about their meet-up.

The thought of things being awkward hit her, she didn't know if Jungkook knew that she had feelings for him, but it was cumbersome nonetheless.

She would have to pretend that she only saw him as a friend, that was easy back then, of course, because she wasn't conscious of her feelings for him.

Now that she collided with reality, Devora believed conversations would be so difficult to carry out.

She didn't want to bail out on their 'date' Jungkook seemed thrilled to finally have the opportunity to converse with her, and she didn't want to wreck his enthusiasm with her suspicion of being gauche.

Devora could visibly picture his heart shattering if she were to call him and cancel their itinerary so abruptly.

"Come on, just shake off these nerves." Devora lamented, fixing her leather blazer in the driver seat of her car.

"It won't be awkward unless I make it awkward." Giving herself a much-needed pep talk, coaching her way through her mash of ambiguity.

Devora had never been to a Jazz/R&B club or a music establishment before.

Actually, she had never been to a place where they played live music, ever. She didn't even know what the proper attire for these music clubs were.

In reality, it didn't matter, it's not like what she was wearing was anything that would draw any unwanted attention.

From outside the parking lot, it looked a bit dim in there with purple and red lights being the only light.

It was still a bit lively outside — still 4 o'clock — but the windows seemed to block out any sunlight with a tint to keep the mood encaged within the room. Not being swallowed away with the sun's radiating shine.

The place must have been a hit with all the un-vacant parking spaces that surrounded her Tahoe.

Or, maybe people would show up because it was Saturday, and the music they played was entertaining.

She put her thoughts on hold as soon as she saw Jungkook's Mercedes enter through the opening of the lot, quickly finding a parking spot that was sequestered in the corner, fit enough for his smaller car.

Although she was hesitant about seeing him that day, her heart began to pursue with speed, subconsciously, once he got out of his car, making his way towards hers.

A laugh blossomed in her spurring chest when she noticed that they wore comparable jackets, both being a black leather material.

Getting out of her car, she hurried over to him, acknowledging the felicitous crinkle at the edge of his cheeks.

His black pure eyes filled with comfort when in her presence, happy that he was just as glad to see her as she was to see him.

An undesired shriek fled through her lips, unable to stifle her enthusiasm — now rueful that she even considered canceling plans on him.

She embraced his broad figure, cheek laid parallel against his warm chest, burning against her already boiled face.

"Someone's enthusiastic." He taunted, grazing the middle of her back with his large hand. "Cute." Jungkook snickered at her dear actions.

Devora pried herself off his welcoming body. "I'm sorry, we just haven't hung out and I missed it."

"I know, I'm really sorry about that," He sighed, reminded of his mistakes. "But, I swear I'll make it up tonight, I'll be paying for us both." Jungkook established a proud smile stretching on his lips.

She hummed in judgment. "We'll see how I feel at the end of tonight, won't we?" Her eyes squinted, scrutinizing his face.

"Okay, we will see." Jungkook's cheeks were red, kindled by the touch and cognizance of Devora, overwhelmed by her teasing comments.

Jungkook led the way to the entrance of the building, Devora suddenly grabbing his arm to stop their short walk.

"Wait- do you think I look fine? Am I underdressed, or maybe not fit for the attire?" She desired an honest answer.

He was a little caught off guard by her question, if anything he thought she would be the expert on answering that herself.

Devora always seemed so trusting about what she wore, but he can understand, sometimes people want a view from a different perspective.

So, he took the time to analyze her outfit.

She wore a black tight skirt, the end sitting right at the middle of her thighs, a black cropped shirt only revealed a small portion of her stomach, the leather jacket enclosed over her bare arms.

A pair of black gogo boots that raised up to her calves, finishing off her look.

As always, Jungkook thought she looked remarkable, anesthetic. She didn't have to be dressed up in elegant clothes for him to feel this way, either.

On her own, she was so marvelous, ineffably pretty. She was completely unaware of her gorgeous personality and dangerously beautiful looks.

She stood with a patient grin, anticipating his response.

"You look so fine, babe" He was finally able to answer. "Your clothes are always perfect."

Immediately after he said that Devora giggled — under the influence of his charm. He stole the words out of her mouth, only being able to flirtatiously laugh it off as if he cracked a joke.

"Thank you, you're being too kind right now." Waving off her embarrassment."You look really good too, Jungkook. Handsome as always."

She winked at him, beneath a soporific spell from his adulation. She could twirl her hair in between her fingers, solely entertained by watching his sharp chasm cheeks, his penetrating jaw fitting for the enigmatic cast on his face.

Jungkook was content with his words. How they were able to have Devora observe herself in the way that he views her.

Devora was honest, too. Jungkook looked absolutely spontaneous, even in the simplest clothing.

He wore a snug white tee underneath his leather jacket, enunciating the forming muscles on his chest — visibly evident that he was sufficient in doing push-ups and any exercises that call for bodyweight.

He seemed tyrant with his clenched jaw, making any person believe he held great animosity. Flippant and annoyed with anyone that would try to speak to him.

However, he was the complete opposite when it was with the people who truly meant something to him.

With anyone, really.

Jungkook wouldn't hurt a fly.

He quite literally had conversations with inanimate objects whenever he was alone, being wholehearted for any and all things that lived.

Big or small.

Devora held onto her purse, thanking him when he opened the door for her.

She was swept away by the place and how spacious it was.

There was a large stage to the east side of the entrance, the other parts of the room were filled with tables and circled booths that were against each corner of the room. A bar was parallel to the entrance, many heads sitting on the stools as they waited for their drinks.

The ambiance of the room was so relaxing, lights dimmed to harmonize with the music being played by the live entertainment.

The sounds flourished from the cymbal of the drums and high keys of the piano, tangling with one another elegantly, creating a tune fit for anyone, forcing them into a tranquilizing state.

"Jungkook, oh my gosh this place is so lovely." Devora breathed, disrupting her reverie.

She reached for his forearm, wanting to keep close to him before they lost each other with the other wave of people within the establishment.

"See, it's nice right?" Jungkook agreed with her, noticing the host coming to acquaint the two with a table.

It seemed like Jungkook had been there quite often since the manager of the place walked over to accompany him, with a large smile that was swelled with reminiscence.

Devora stayed put beside her companion as he caught up with his old friend — of what seemed to be of an old friendship.

"Oh, Jayce, this is Devora." The boy with black ebony hair didn't forget to include her into his conversation, "Devora, this is Jayce, he's the manager here, and an old family friend."

Old.

Devora repeated that word in her mind, taking a look at his features that seemed so youthful. She suspected Jungkook was using the word old to signify that their friendship had been an aged bond that had lasted since they were toddlers.

Perhaps it was the snake bite piercings on his lip and tattoos that made him look younger. His hair was a dark brown, split down on the left side, the tips of his hair falling near the right side of his forehead.

She looked down at his hands, noticing a wedding band.

This made her question his age, for sure.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, Jayce." Devora said in a kind voice.

"It's nice to meet you too, Devora." Jayce agreed with her. "I have a perfect seat for the two of you, follow me." He insisted, continuing his walk through the tables and physiques.

The perfect seat — as Jayce promised — was at the bar, where the stage was clear in view, and where the drinks were being quickly distributed.

Jungkook pulled out one of the cushioned stools, inviting Devora to sit to the right of him, not wanting to block the live performance from her with his body.

She thanked him with a nod, appreciating his invariable gentleman-like ways.

Jayce appeared from behind the counter in front of them, handing out a menu filled with endless lists of beverages. One section containing alcohol, and another with just soft drinks.

"Here are the menus, and the person in charge of the bar tonight is Mika," His head turned to the woman who was making drinks at the center of the bar.

"If you two want to put in a request for a song, don't hesitate to do so, boys' will play anything and everything." Jayce was so organized, his voice methodical.

"Thanks, man." Jungkook thanked him.

And he was off, not before nodding and winking at his old friend.

"Wait so, you guys met through your parents or?" Devora questioned, not wanting there to be silence between the two of them.

He nodded, placing the one menu between them. "Yeah, we used to be neighbors, and his dad was friends with my dad, practically best friends since they used to work together." Jungkook shared.

"Oh, so you two are the same age?" She guessed, looking down at the menu.

Jungkook murmured, almost like he was trying to remember how old Jayce really was. "No, he's about four years older than I am."

Just as she was about to respond, a voice entered their conversation.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 1.2K 50
"What are you wearing?" Yoongi said, looking at you up and down with surprise present in his tone. "My outfit!" You said, walking past him deliberat...
939 72 11
Namjoon breaks away from their kiss, leaning his forehead against Jungkook's, and tries to slow down his breathing. "Bun, I don't know what I'm doing...
260 6 1
Jimin and Jungkook had always been best friends for what they could remember. They basically grew up together, knew each other's family well and were...
320K 8.8K 30
•@jk.97 accepted your follow request• •@jk.97 started following you• "Um, who?!" -•••- •#25 jungkook (7.27.19) •#7 btsfanfic (6.10.21) •#5 btsfanfic...