affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

22. plans to forget

1.7K 71 7
By SKULLJIN

022

Devora could say that all was well, filling out necessary measurements for her dress was no big deal.

Staying later hours at work to assist Hoseok and his design team was manageable — when drowning in a coffee with triple shots — however she knew she had no room to protest.

They were doing it for her, and if they had to push through it then that means she had to as well.

One thing she kept reminding herself was that she wasn't going to be a pessimist with the outcome of the dress.

Among all the work they were putting into the design, it started to look the same way in which she envisioned it.

Things were coming together as the show neared, Devora would even take the time to practice the walk she would be doing down the runway.

She would practice at her mother's house to get some advice from somebody other than herself. Devora didn't want to screw anything up, she knew just how influential this was to Hoseok and the other members.

They prepared months before the date of the show was even set, it was something they each took some enjoyment in, — they all got the benefits of what it means to hold a show there.

But, Devora knew that wasn't the only reason why they enjoyed it so much.

The fact that they were able to meet up every day of the week had something to do with it, they were like best friends.

Practically brothers.

It never failed to surprise Devora when she remembered how many years they had known each other.

Normally, after about a year or two, some friendships break off. It isn't always over hard feelings, sometimes connections drifted off because it was part of life.

Everything has an end.

But, not with them.

Even Devora took pleasure in seeing the guys at work, too. They had a way of being able to uplift her spirits. They carried such a blissful characteristic that was overt to anyone with eyes.

Anytime she thought of the other members, he would take up the topic in her cloudy mind, thinking about that charming aura he invariably displayed whenever he stepped into the office.

The seraphic features on his blushing cheeks matching his effervescent personality. Reminiscing of his unforgettable qualities left her spirits perforated with anguish.

Devora wished she didn't take his absence so personal, she was certain that he wasn't in the same state of confusion that she was in.

Judging by the last time she saw him, it was obvious that he didn't want anything to do with her, as if his mind was made up and there were no wistful doubts behind his intellect.

Yet, these thoughts never raised fury — as much as she wished it did — it just put her in a reverie charged with his presence.

His voice, his childish actions. These factors perplexed her by just how much she allowed him to affect her life when she only knew him for about three months.

It was embarrassing to come to terms with that. Three months and he had already put her on such a tight chain.

Well, that solved the mystery of why women were all over him — he was blithe, somebody you craved to be around all the time.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Her mother's sweet voice chirped. "If it's about the show, you'll do just fine. Stop overthinking." She lectured her over from the kitchen, cooking for the family.

"No, it's not about the show mom." Devora exhaled wearily. "It's just... some dumb boy problems, you know?"

Her mother stopped stirring the liquids within the pot, forehead creased. "Boy problems? I haven't heard you talk about boys since... well since high school."

That didn't really shock Devora.

She did have a few crushes in high school, giving up on them once she found out what jerks they were.

But, as soon as she went to college, she converted her time and attention into her studies.

Since she was paying to get an education there, she had to get something out of all that money-spending.

After all the blunders with boys in high school, she realized that some men never truly grew up, or grew out of their immature ways.

The majority of guys in college took things as a joke, it was uncommon to find a guy who genuinely took important matters seriously.

"I know, tell me about it." Devora huffed, removing herself from the couch to assist her mother in the kitchen.

"I met him at work. He isn't really my co-worker, he's part of my boss's team — a photographer."

"I thought he was a great guy... but out of nowhere it was like he just resented me, and wanted nothing to do with me."

She told her story, chopping the green chives on her mother's wooden cutting board.

Sakina hummed. "And how long have you known this boy for?"

"Like... three months? Maybe less." Devora was reluctant to confirm when they started talking more.

"Wow, three months? And you're already worked up about his absence?" Sakina pushed her lips in a flat line.

Devora felt her ears redden at her mother's comment — already aware that her agony was beyond ridiculous.

"He must have really been a charming boy." Her mother continued before Devora could retort.

"At least I thought he was, we never got the chance to exchange numbers but he was always dropping small hints at me. The way he looked at me... almost like he wanted to get my attention."

She deliberately chopped, absentminded. "All that for what? Just to leave without a word?"

"What if he just needs time to think to himself?" Sakina tried to be open-minded. "You never know, maybe he was going through something?"

Devora considered this, and it was part of the reason why she felt so horrible.

If he was going through something, why couldn't he just tell her? The tatters of detachment would be much easier to deal with knowing he was going through something personal.

'Maybe he doesn't think I'm trustworthy enough with whatever he's going through?' Devora considered, setting the sharp knife down.

There was a chiming sound coming from her phone, letting her know she got a call.

"Oh, hold on. Let me go check who it is, in case it's Hoseok." She dismissed herself from the conversation, leaving the chives unattended.

She was slightly perplexed by who had chosen to call her at a later time of the day.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Devora! It's Catalina, you know, from the bar?" Her voice was perky and cheerful, something Devora needed.

"Hi! How've you been?" Devora laced on an animated tone, not letting her prior discussions phase her.

"Drowning in work, the usual."

Devora laughed, correlating to her struggles.

"Listen, we should hang out again. Whenever you're free, for some stress relief?" She suggested.

Devora picked her shoulders up, interested in the conversation. "Yes, we should hang out! I have a show to go to during the weekend, maybe we can meet up before?"

"Perfect! Let's hang out at night? I have classes all afternoon."

"Yeah, sure that's fine. I have work all morning, so it works for me."

Catalina celebrated, pleased. "Great! It's with friends from my classes, you're okay with that, right?"

"Of course, I don't mind." Devora nodded in agreement as if Catalina could see her through the phone.

"Good, you can invite a couple of your friends, too! Let's meet up at Grill and Bar, it's right around the corner from where the other bar is, where we first met." She instructed.

"Yeah, I know the place."

"Okay! I'll see you then. Goodnight." Catalina gave her goodbyes.

Devora did the same, hanging up.

Sakina looked up from the stove. "Who was that? A coworker?"

"Not exactly. She's a friend I met at a bar, she wants to hang out with me before the show." She walked back to complete her kitchen duties.

"That's a good idea, you need something to distract you from that guy you were talking about." Her mother encouraged her upcoming plans. "Oh, and call your brother to come and set the table."

Devora tried to see it that way, something that would get her mind off Jungkook, to just get out for once with new friends.

She just hoped things would go as planned.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 644 21
"Yes! You can't stop me! When I find the love of my life I'm gonna hear that bell Jimin and you can't tell me otherwise!" Jungkook whisper shouted wi...
342K 11.2K 44
"Woah.." You trailed your fingers down his chest to his lower stomach, feeling him flinch from the sudden touch. "Your turn." Jungkook whispered down...
429K 12.4K 39
Yn: are you happy with this marriage I asked him because he ignored me....and also didn't talk with me I scared because he just glaring me.but sudden...
324K 8.9K 30
•@jk.97 accepted your follow request• •@jk.97 started following you• "Um, who?!" -•••- •#25 jungkook (7.27.19) •#7 btsfanfic (6.10.21) •#5 btsfanfic...