affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

13. tequila

1.9K 95 10
By SKULLJIN

013

The engrossed ambiance between Jungkook and Devora within the car was practically tangible to the other guys. Jungkook sat motionless in his seat — hardly ever speaking after what had happened between them.

It was as clear as ever to Jimin and Taehyung about his affections toward Devora. Though, it was a bit tough to decipher Devora's feelings.

They weren't too sure if she felt the same way Jungkook did, mostly because she gave all the guys the same reaction; gauche and reserved when applauded, and most importantly, she talked to each of them equal amounts of time.

She was sufficient in keeping her professional image when around Hoseok.

Taehyung tried adding Jungkook into their conversation during the drive, too.

He gave small responses, flitting away from the discussion.

Devora noticed it as well, not wanting to pelt him for answers, she just kept her conversation between Tae and Jimin. So as long as they seemed interested to hear her babble on.

Thankfully, the ride was coming to an end once she followed behind Hoseok into a large parking lot.

"Maybe we're too over-dressed for a bar, huh?" She looked over at Taehyung for a response.

He waved her comment off. "Nah, don't worry about it. The people here are cool, we know everyone here."

Devora murmured, "You guys must come often." She pulled into an empty parking spot smoothly.

After getting out of the car, they headed to where the conversation most festered.

Even being out with the guys in the parking lot, she can already sense their rampant excitement leaching from their bodies. Enthusiastic to eliminate the solemnity that they donned every day of the week.

Walking behind her car, she was stopped by another body that suddenly came from the left side of the parked car.

"Oh-" Devora reacted, catching herself from bumping into him, "Sorry, I thought you got off and joined the other guys." She looked up, seeing that it was Jungkook.

He gave a flat smile, almost embarrassed. "No, it's okay, I just wanted to say I was sorry... for y'know, distracting you at the light. I feel really bad."

Devora shook her head, putting her hands up. "Please, don't even worry about that. Actually, I got worried you were weirded out by me because you hardly ever talked on the way here." Her smile was affable, yet carried sheepishly.

"No, I wasn't weirded out at all. I actually liked it." Jungkook stammered, "W-Well not like that, I mean it was fine, I don't mind making eye contact with you."

Devora laughed, finding it absurd for Jungkook to be so flushed.

From an outside perspective, he was so tall and muscular, that his chest protruded through his clothing, even in the thickest pieces of material.

The sleeve and piercing on the right side of his body made him seem like the tough guy type of man. However, the more one got to know him, the more his lively and timid side emerged.

"I'm glad, I really want us to be good friends." She responded, looking up at his blissful face under the sumptuous glowing sky.

"Hey, are you two coming?!" Namjoon's shouting came from near the entrance, waving at the two.

"We'll be right there, hyung!" Jungkook assured him to go inside, shooing his hand towards the door.

Namjoon nodded, making his way into the dusky building.

"Let's go already, I don't wanna miss out on anything!" Devora was elevated by an arbitrary spark of enthusiasm, taking Jungkook's hand to lead the way.

He chuckled softly, shy by their spontaneous handhold.

Although, he was one-hundred percent okay with it, allowing her to guide the way to the entrance.

Jungkook held the door open for her, thoughtfully, still holding onto her hand.

As soon as Devora stepped in, she was pierced with the frigid breeze from the air conditioner blasting through the ventilations, making her shiver.

The bar was illuminated with red lights that hung from the ceiling, there were groups of tables set, and a round table near the barkeep with glasses and bottles of liquor behind him.

The music was at the perfect volume. It set a nice atmosphere, loud enough to have her let loose and have a couple of drinks.

The guys were in an almost sequestered part of the room, decorative leather armchairs that surrounded a circular table were placed in the middle of the chairs.

"You can go join them," Jungkook's icy breath fanned the back of her neck. "Do you want something to drink?"

It was then that Jin called for the two of them to join their table.

She turned to Jungkook. "Let's go sit with them, they might have already ordered drinks." Trudging forward to the corner of the room.

It went unaware to the two that their hands were still curled together, even as they made their way to the group of six boys did they neglect to acknowledge that each of their eyes trailed down to their hands.

It wasn't until Jin suggestively lifted his eyebrows that Jungkook released her hand, fearful that their hand-hold would light up trouble for Devora and Hoseok.

There was an empty spot between the seats of Hoseok and Yoongi, which Devora figured had her name written on the seat — considering it was near her boss.

Hoseok modeled a bright face, his white teeth practically shining through the dim red room.

"Come, sit!" He patted the seat to his left.

She recognized Yoongi with a slight tilt to her head, sitting in her designated seat.

Jungkook sat almost across from her, beside Jin and Namjoon.

"We ordered drinks for all of us, is that fine?" Hoseok spoke powerfully to be heard over the music.

"Yes, that's fine!" Curious, Devora asked, "What did you order?"

Another female voice interposed Hoseok's response, a tray with eight tall glasses filled with a bright yellow substance, foam sitting at the brim of the cup.

The waitress said the name, however, Devora couldn't catch what it was called.

"Have you ever tried this?" Hoseok leaned over to her.

She shook her head, "I'm not sure... maybe?" Devora faltered, not knowing how to respond to his question.

Normally when she consumed alcohol, it was with her parents — meaning she drank whatever they brought.

That made Hoseok chuckle. "Try it, it's good I promise." He took a couple of sips from his own glass, nudging her gently on the arm.

Devora watched as the other guys were already halfway through their glasses. They must have been itching to finally get out of a clustered office.

The thought made her smile, the other members were distracted by their side conversations, caught up in the presence of one another.

She took a sip, getting past the white bubbles that formed at the top. She tapped her tongue against the roof of her mouth, trying to get the full taste of the beer.

Shrugging, she continued to drink more.

"Ima guess and sat you like it?" Yoongi's voice peeked carefully into her ears like a hushed poem, watching as she drank her cup.

Devora swallowed the remaining fluids in her mouth. "Yeah! Well, I don't know much about beer since my parents are the ones who always buy it."

Yoongi smiled, something Devora didn't normally see when he was in the office.

His smile was endearing, his gums standing in view with his white pearly teeth.

It was an adorable expression, she almost wished he smiled all the time so she could see it more often.

It was something that could brighten up anybody's day.

"What are the ones you normally drink?" He questioned, leaning up in his seat.

Devora pinched her lips. "Usually I just take shots, and my favorites are probably patron and one eight hundred." She spoke over the music, tapping her foot to the rhythm subconsciously.

"Tequila." Yoongi established. "You prefer hard liquor?"

She nodded, finishing the rest of her drink. "Yes! I feel like anything fruity or sugary will give me really bad hangovers, so I always try and go with hard liquor."

It was nice to finally get the opportunity to talk with Yoongi, he was so different when he was outside of work. Especially when consuming beverages that contained alcohol, he let himself relax and allowed his festive side to shine.

Devora had a feeling she would have a great time being around them.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

972 72 11
Namjoon breaks away from their kiss, leaning his forehead against Jungkook's, and tries to slow down his breathing. "Bun, I don't know what I'm doing...
536K 22.8K 56
❝ You're so keen on pointing fingers at me. ❞ ❝ Isn't that a given? Girls like you ruin lives. ❞ ❝ And what? Guys like you save lives, I assume? ❞...
116K 3.9K 69
"Are just going to stand there and just gawk!?" I ask finally breaking the silence. "Yes," He breaths. "Well, stop it. You look stupid," "How come...
414 36 22
"Jimin..." I whispered making his dark eyes meet mine. A rage burned within them. One I had never thought I'd see. His shoulders shook in anger and h...