Beating the Buzzer | Book 1 i...

By dontworryboutit123

Book One : USC series 18+ Ayanna Heart Reeling from betrayal of her ex, Captain of the basketball team for UC... More

Aesthetics
Face Claims
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
epilogue
bonus chapter +1
bonus chapter 2+

twenty

37.8K 808 199
By dontworryboutit123

Carson Addams

"This is my girlfriend, Ayanna."

My hand drifts to the small of her back and push her forward a little bit. I knew that she was nervous about meeting them since she would be introduced as my girlfriend.

When she meet my parents we were only friends with benefits, and that was barely in affect. She never felt that nervousness due to how easy it was in the beginning.

But with my grandparents—it was a whole different story.

Her nerves were high the entire ride from the city to the bronx. I tried to help soothe them and that helped, but barely.

"Hey." She squeaked out as she approached them."I'm Ayanna-" She paused." But you already knew that because he already told you and—"

Dominic looked at her with wide eyes as we watched her spiral. She looked so cute.

"Ayanna," My nana placed her hands on Ayanna shoulders." Breathe garota."

(Girl.)

My nana smiled at Ayanna's nervousness. Ayanna took in a deep breath as her cheeks turned a slight red shade. She let out a nervous chuckle as a strand of her fell into her eyes.

"Ela é tão adorável.  Eu me pergunto por que ela está namorando você." I winced at my grandmothers words.

"Ai, vovó. Isso doeu meu coração."  She placed her palms on Ayanna's cheeks and lifted her head .

(She's so adorable. I wonder why she's dating you?, Ouch, Grandma. That hurt my heart.)

"Ayanna," My grandmother repeated as Ayanna stared up at her." Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Isn't she beautiful Ricardo?" She questions my grandfather as a smile forms on her face.

Now here's the thing about my nana, she could be fake at times, and it was very easy to tell when.

Now was not one of those times, the smile on her face was genuine as she complimented my girlfriend. My heart felt warm as I watched her remove her hands from Ayanna's face.

Ayanna stepped back towards me as my grandfather agreed,"A very beautiful girl for our Carson."

"Umm-" Dominic opened his mouth for some smart remark. Ayanna brought her foot down on his new crisp white air- forces.

He's statement turned into a gasp as he noticed the small smudge mark at the top of his shoes.

"You're a menace to society, Ayanna Heart. A menace I say."

Ayanna smiled innocently as she looked up at him."I have no idea what you're talking about Dominic, you probably scrapped it getting out of the truck."

"Sleep with one eye open, Heart."

"Is that a threat, Steele?" Ayanna crossed her arms as she stared up Dominic.

"Anyways," I throw my arm around Ayanna, cutting off Dominic in the process." Ayanna's mom is also dating Dom'a dad."

"Oh!" My grandmother squeals." Giselle just loves your mother. I've heard such good things, I can't wait to meet her."

This is off to a good start— a great start even.

Everyone was happy, well except Dominic.

He was still mulling over the small dirt stain on his shoe. It's moments like these when I'd wish Rhegan would hurry the fuck up and get here.

Although their "relationship" was giving me a major migraine, there was no denying that he was less of a grump when she was around.

I never quite realized why he was so intrigued by her but he would tell me eventually.

Ayanna helped my grandmother stock up the shelves while she talked Ayanna's ear off. I watched from the back of the counter while my grandfather talked about our season.

"How is that new assistant coach, I saw the little court side argument." Dominic let out an annoyed grunt as he swept.

"A pain in everybody's ass. No one on the team likes him and for good reason."

"Although we may be a little biased." I interjected." He also happens to be Ayanna's father. What he pulled that game was for his own personal reason."

My grandfather tutted as he shook his head," He shouldn't let personal reasons interfere with your future careers. If that's the case then he needs to find a new job that doesn't cause conflict."

Grandpa Ricardo was the one person that would give it to real... he may be harsh sometimes but I would prefer harsh over sugar coating.

"How does Ayanna feel about it?" He asked.

"He's a non-factor as far as she is concerned."

"Ayanna can't stand his ass."

He nodded his head as we moved the subject along to our winning steak. We'd won all of our games so far but there would always be a chance that we would have one bad game.

Hopefully that's not the case, you would have to be a high achiever to push for an undefeated season...

I was that high achiever— especially with it being my last season and having scouts watch me.

Dominic, Kyler, Marcus, Abel, and I were going to dominate the 2022 drafts.

And that's a fact.

"Well if anyone could do it, it would be you two." My grandfather shook his head as locked up the register.

"Grand-pops knows what's up," Dominic clasped his hands on my grandfathers chest.

"Dominic you're two big for this shit," My grandfather seated him with a rolled up newspaper. Dominic held his arms up in defense as he backed away. A cackle bubbles out of me as he let out squawk after squawk.

"You're going to give this poor old man a heart attack one day."

My laughter died down as I turned my attention back to Ayanna, a bright smile was plastered onto her face as she spoke to my grandmother.

It had only been almost three months of us talking but it felt like a life time.

Ayanna made everything better, she brought a light into my life that no other girl has ever been able to bring. She made my heart swell with happiness every time I saw her in the stands at a game, with every laugh that left her plump lips, with every act of kindness that came from her sweet soul.

She was everything that I wanted, everything that I needed. I didn't want anyone but her, it was always her.

I didn't intend on falling in love with her this quickly, but come on, it's Ayana we're talking about.

How could you not fall in love with someone like her. She is everything to me.

After we got done with helping my grandparents, we locked up the store and walked them towards their car.

"See you in three days," I say as I wrap my arms around my grandmother. She was short woman so I looked like a giant compared to her.

"Ela é uma garota doce. Você a trata bem, certo." She scolds as she pinches my forearms.

(She's a sweet girl. You treat her well,okay.")

"I will nana, I promise." I kiss her forehead as we pull away.

I quickly hug my grandfather before he helps her get in the truck.

They've been married for over twenty years, I aspire to have a relationship like them and my parents.

After Ayanna pulled away from my grandparents, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer towards me.

"Ready to go?" I question as Dominic comes up next to us. " Mhmm." She stands on her tip-toes and presses a kiss to my cheek.

Yep, everything was right in the world as far as I was concerned.

Ayanna Heart

It was Christmas Eve, only twelve hours left until the greatest holiday ever commences.

"Okay, pick one gift." I rubbed my hands together as Carson grabs one from under the tree.

He grabs a small box instead of going for the big box. I sat criss-crossed on the couch as he unwraps the gift.

I brought the warm cup of hot-coca towards my lips as he sat in front of me. I didn't really know how much he would like this gift, it was our first time exchanging them.

Although I did know that he wasn't big on materialistic things. The second gift I got him was a tad bit pricey, but the one he picked out right now was something he had a lot of already.

It was a snapback with our initials engraved into each side. I placed the mug on the coffee table and placed my hands in my lap.

"It's not your actual gift," I said nervously," but I thought it was a cute idea." I shrug as he takes the lid off of the box.

"Oh this is nice." He drags out the word nice as he spins around the black hat with the NY engraved on the front. He then saw the sides with our initials engraved on them.

"Do you like it?" I hoped he likes it.

"C'mere." He places the cap to the side and pats his lap." You don't like it, do you?" I question as my stomach drops.

"No angel," I let out a sigh as I straddle his lap.
"I love it. It's already my favorite gift." He says as he rubs his nose against mine.

"You're so cute when you're nervous, do you know that?" He questions as he stares up  at me, his hand holding the back of neck. He leans in and presses a soft kiss to my neck.

"I love the gift angel."

I let out a sigh of relief as he squeezes my waist.

"I probably should've gotten a beanie, but you already have so many beanies already. You don't have a lot of snap backs so I th—" His lips crashed onto mine shutting me up.

I immediately gave into the kiss, my lips smacked against his as he gripped my neck harder. His tongue slipped between my lips as he intensified the kiss.

Our breathing picked up as he slid his hand under my silk sleeping shirt. His big hand grabbed a hold of my breast as he bit at my bottom lip. My hands shot through his soft hair as I rose up slightly, his body collapsed against the sofa with me falling on top of him.

His hand slid to my back as I removed my lips from his and tried kisses down his neck. I stayed in one spot, giving him a hickey in a place I knew would be hidden by his outfit tomorrow.

A low grunt left his lips as I nibbled on his skin, his hands scaled down my back and stopped on my ass squeezing it harshly. I let out a soft moan against his skin as he massaged it.

After I was done giving him a hickey, I leaned up and placed my hands against his chest.

"My turn," I scurried off of him and headed towards the pile of gifts. He rolled his eyes as he sat up and pointed me in the right direction.

"Mmm," I hummed as I tapped my finger with my chin. " This one." I  bent down and picked up a medium sized box.

"What's this?" I questioned as I sat down across from him. He watched as I carefully tore the wrapping paper and took the lid off of the box.

"I saw you looking at it when were shopping the other day," I pulled out the silk black low back dress."Maybe you can wear if for New Years."

He had this hopefully gleam in his eyes as I placed the dress gently back into the box.

"Is it the right size?" He questions as I stare at the tag. I tried to retain the grimace I had as I saw the price of the dress.

"Yes, it's the perfect size." I responded quietly as I threw my arms around his neck. "You really didn't have to buy this for me— it's too much."

He shook his head as he rubbed my chin with his thumb." I don't care, let me spoil my girlfriend for the holidays. You deserve it Angel, really."

I let out a sigh as I ran my hands through his hair. "Thank you," I whisper before pecking his lips.

"You're welcome." His grip tightened around my waist. He fell back against the cushions of the couch taking me with him.

"I got us a room at the hotel for New Years, it'll be more convenient since the party will be there." He says as my eyes flutter closed to the sound of his heart beat.

"That sounds nice." I mutter as I draw circles around his chest.

Dominic had crashed early, missing out on the gift opening. He was still a little pissy about the stain on his shoe but he'll live.

I honestly think he just needs to be fucked. Being this far away from Rhegan was making him more annoying than he already was.

The man was whipped... starved...down bad.

"I have a surprise for you tomorrow," I say as his chest rises and falls. " I have one for you too, but it won't come until a few days later." He says as he rubs my back in soothing motions.

"I think mine will be better." I say as he lets out a grunt in disagreement. "Mmm, that's debatable."

"We'll see about that." I respond as I kiss his jawline. My fingers linger on his chin as he closes his eyes.

"We will."

Hey Besties!!!

This is a shorter chapter but tomorrow's will be longer. The only reason that I am dropping chapter 21 tomorrow and not tonight is because I don't have school and that will give me enough time to go over it and all that.

Thoughts on this chapter?!?!

Xoxo, Lex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
380K 9.6K 43
*Slow updates* After agreeing to be the focus of a college article, senior Charlie Murtaugh gets more than he bargains for when he's assigned a clue...
60.1K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
6.6K 136 13
Read the book and find out ------------------------------ this book has a LOT of smut, but I will be robbing you guys for fun every once in awhile. ...