Masked 🎭✔️

Galing kay UncagedSparrow

She doesn't know who he is and neither does he know her. The purpose of this anonymity? To be free of judgeme... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 12

18 3 2
Galing kay UncagedSparrow

Hey you guys! I know I usually just publish 1-2 chapters a day but I think today warrants 3 because we're quite close to the end...and also because I'm getting tired of hurting Jane and Edmond and you guys a little everyday. Lol😂

But thank you so much once again for taking this journey with me. You guys are the best!

Happy reading!😁❤️
--------------------------------------------------------------

He walked steadily and then stopped right in front of her sofa waiting for her to look up.

It took a few moments but then she did. She frowned before she finally spoke up. "Can I help you, sir?"

Her voice. Her voice. His mind started to lose control. Oh it had been so long. But she was finally right in front of him. Talking to him!

"Sir?" She repeated.

"Yeah." He said with a formal outer appearance even as his heartbeat was close to betraying him "You're Sera May?" He asked trying to make her comfortable. 

"Yes. Yes I am." She stood up to shake his hand which he did.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked.

"Ofcourse" she smiled.

For a moment he felt hopeful.

"Everyone knows who you are. You're Cole Meyers." She said confidently.

His heart sank immediately.

"..The managing director of Chamber industries. I admire your work there, sir. It's really impressive." She complimented.

He nodded even though he felt disappointed.

It was probably visible on his face because she asked.  "I'm sorry sir, did I say something wrong?"

"Nothing." He replied. "uh...thank you."

She smiled.

"Do you mind if I join you for a few minutes?" He asked.

"Of course. Even though it's a mystery to me how I can be of help to you." She smiled.

She seemed so calm and collected. Almost as if she hadn't been the one to send him all those messages.

He wondered if she would be just as calm and appreciative once she realised who he was.

He smiled back as he asked his body guards to give them some privacy and he sat down on the sofa next to hers.

"You already have been. A lot." He said. "Just hear me out."

She frowned but replied. "Sure, sir. "

He breathed deeply. "Okay" he gulped.

She looked on patiently even though he could see the confusion etched on her face.

"Uh" he sighed. "How do I go about this? Where do I begin?"

"Just start at the beginning, I guess" she offered awkwardly.

He leaned forward a tiny bit and placed his elbows on his knees so he could look her straight in the eyes.

She stared back into his and he let down his guard. "How could you not recognise me?!" He asked slightly above a whisper, the disappointment and the hurt evident in his voice. "I mean I'm really sorry I left, but it's really not been that long, Jane."

He saw the emotions displayed on her face one by one as she went through each of them. First there was confusion, then realisation, and then shock.

She instantly covered her mouth with both her hands as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Please don't cry! Please don't cry!" He whispered soothingly as he gently took her hands in his and moved it from her mouth. She let him but no sooner than he did she moved her hands out of his.

In that one movement he knew just how hard it was going to be for him to get her back.

"I'm sorry, Jane. I'm really really sorry." He said sincerely. "I'll never ever forgive myself for hurting you. I'll make it up to you if you'd let me. I promise. Please? I'm sorry." 

She blinked away her tears and gulped. "I feel like slapping you." She whispered.

"I won't stop you if you did." He replied earnestly.

She smiled half-heartedly, "You're Cole Meyers?"

He shrugged.

"Cole Meyers was my best friend?"

He smiled ever so slightly but he noticed something, "Was?" He repeated.

She breathed deeply but didn't change what she said. "Where have you been, Edmond?"

"Australia." He replied. He was ready to give her as many explanations as she wanted and do whatever she asked to make it up to her. "Our company had this top secret meeting where a lot of important matters were discussed and a lot of new policies introduced."

"Okay." She replied before shutting her eyes and shaking her head. "I'm sorry. I can't do this."

"Do what?"

"This." She gestured between him and her. "Talk to you. I can't. I'm sorry. I can't"

He understood her anger and her hurt but he fell short for words.

"You can't just walk back into my life after leaving me so suddenly without any reasonable explanation or details about how long you'd be gone for!" She exclaimed looking Edmond directly in the eye. She began packing her bag, getting ready to leave.

"Jane please!" He begged moving his hands to hold hers but he stopped, understanding that she would probably not appreciate it.

She saw him move his hands and she immediately moved her hands away. "I trusted you, Edmond. You hurt me." he could feel her pain and her venom in her voice. "Thats not how friends treat each other. You broke my heart and  left me all alone to collect the pieces." She spoke even as her tears threatened to fall. Once again she blinked them away as she got up to leave.  "I'm sorry."

"Jane, please don't go. Please! Atleast let me give you an explanation. Let me answer your questions."

She paused and turned around to face him, "Okay. I have a question." She spoke finally allowing the tears to fall. "Did you get my texts?!"

He nodded. "When I came back. I couldn't take the burner."

"Good. So you know what you put me through then?"

"Jane, when I saw your texts, I knew I had to come find you and make it up to you. I know I owe you an explanation and a thousand apologies!"

She smiled sadly. "Your apologies do me no good now, Edmond. Do you know how much I missed you?? Do you know that it was so bad, it started affecting my work??"

"I know. I know." He replied apologetically. "I missed you a lot too, Jane! A lot, a lot!! I'm being honest."

"Why didn't you find out who I was at that time then? Find a way to contact me? Tell me for how long you were meant to be gone?"

He couldn't meet her eyes.

She raised her eyebrows at him.

"I should have." He mumbled.

"But you didn't. Why?" She pressed.

He wanted to tell her what he had started feeling and why he was hesitant but it felt so difficult to. So he gave her an answer that was close to the truth. "The work. The work was important." He mumbled. "I'm sorry. It was probably not as important as you but...I couldn't get distracted." He met her gaze again.

"Don't give me that, Edmond." She replied, the hurt evident in her eyes and her voice. "If I was more important, you would have contacted me."

He bit his lower lip and gulped. If it kept going like this he'd probably lose her forever but he didn't know what he could do to make it better.

"How did you even find me?"

"Made a lot of calls, grease a few palms..."

"Right" she rolled her eyes. "Alright my questions are answered." She turned around again. "And I hope I never see you again."

"Jane. Jane. Jane! Just hear me out please? Give me your phone number and I promise you I'll never ever lose touch with you ever again."

She rolled her eyes at him, "Why do you need me to give it to you? Just grease a few palms again.." She bit out.

He needed more time. There was no way she'd give him another chance when she was this angry.

He walked up really close to her and met her gaze. She stood her ground.

"Look Jane," he whispered staring right into her eyes. "I hurt you. I know that. I will make it up to you, I promise. Next weekend, I'll be waiting for you at the courtyard. It's your choice whether or not you want to come. We can talk things out then."

She sighed. "You'll be wasting your time."

"I don't care."

She breathed deeply, probably calming down a little bit because of what he said, but he wasn't sure.

"Look Edmond, you're a good person. Okay? You broke my heart in the worst way and I can't even begin to explain to you how much it hurt. But you're not a bad person. I'll give you that much. And I respect you for who you are and your commitment to your work. I also get that it must not have been easy to find me and I appreciate that you still did."

He felt happy that she was saying atleast something positive to him.

"But that being said.." she continued. "There's nothing left between us. Not friendship and definitely nothing more. So I suggest you go ahead with your life and be as successful as you can be but stay the hell out of my life."

He breathed deeply. "I'll still be waiting for you at the courtyard Jane."

"I'm not gonna be there." She replied curtly.

"That doesn't change my decision."

She locked eyes with him one last time for a few moments, before she turned around and left.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Woah! Okay so that happened! I think I'm a little scared of Jane now!😛

But do let me know your thoughts. Do you think her anger is justified? Do you guys feel bad for Edmond?

Do you think she'll show up at the courtyard??

Also what did you think of the chapter?

Let me know in the comments. And don't forget to vote if you liked it! Thanks!😁❤️

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

663 10 20
Once upon a time, there were three princesses who were getting ready for a ball. Except change the ball with a prom and the princesses for teenagers...
105 15 17
In life's journey, we encounter multiple masks. We have to find the one, the one in front of whom we can be unmasked, walking together toward the dre...
91 23 17
The story of a girl who is fed up of herself, she hates love, marriage, people and somewhere world. A girl who loves everyone without expectations bu...
2.3K 444 21
♡♡RITIK AHUJA x KRITI CHATURVEDI♡♡ ♥SHOURYA PATHAK X SHUBHI SHARMA♥ TROPES FOR YOU TO LOOK AT BEFORE STARTING THE STORY- DESI ROMANCE FRIENDS TO LOV...