affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

7. bandaids

2.2K 101 15
By SKULLJIN

007

Scarlette turned her seat towards her friend, Sook. "Please tell me you saw that slut over there flirting with Mr. Jeon?"

Sook looked up from her computer, still typing. "Saw? Her giggles were heard all the way from her desk."

"She's so annoying," Scarlette griped. "Someone needs to put her in her place... seriously."

"Right? She's not even all that good-looking," Sook whispered to Scarlette. "The only thing she has going for her is her ability to dress nice. Take that away and she's dammed."

"Just wait until she gets up, I'll have something for her." She forewarned.

"Wait, what are you gonna do? You know you can't make things a big deal, you'll get fired." Advised Sook.

"Yeah, that is if they found out it was me." Scarlette affirmed, watching Devora get up from her seat.

Sook chewed her inner cheek, watching as Scarlette lifted from her chair, heading to the water fountain that was placed on the opposite side of Devora's desk.

She served herself a cup of water, drinking some of it. Inconspicuously, she dipped her fingertips in the water, and flicked her hands, creating a puddle of water, rather distant from Devora's desk.

Scarlette made sure it was further from Hoseok's office, so they wouldn't hear or see Devora when she hit the ground.

If they did, why would anybody think it was set up? People drop water all the time, and there were lots of people in that office.

Returning to her seat, she acted as if nothing happened.

"What did you do?" Sook inquired, simmered by her co-worker's foolish efforts.

Scarlette shushed her, hearing the sounds of her heels clicking.

A smile slithered on her lips, serpent-like, practically at the edge of her seat watching as Devora flipped through the papers in her hands — failing to keep surveillance of what was below her.

The ends of her heels lost balance, stepping over the slippery water on the polished floor.

She slipped, falling onto the side of her body. All heads whipped, looking where the loud slam came from, the sound of papers flipping as they fell around her.

Some employee's stood up from their seats, trying to get a good look at what that sound was.

Scarlette turned over to Sook, a self-righteous grin wiped over her malevolent expression.

"You can get in serious trouble, Scar!" She whispered frantically looking over at Devora's attempt to pick herself up on her high, skinny heels.

"Who's to say I did it?" Scarlette snapped back, her eyes narrowed holding practically no rueful emotions behind her onyx eyes.

Her grin soon diminished into an expression satiated with petulance as Yoongi stepped out of the office to see Devora on the ground.

Instantly, all employees minded their business, getting back to their work as if nothing ever happened.

"Oh, are you okay?" Yoongi's voice was laced with concern, leaning over for her hand. "What the hell is going on out here?"

It gave him cold feet, she seemed to be fine physically and over her attire.

But she could have been severely bruised on her elbows and knees from trying to catch herself when she slipped forwards.

Devora's voice trembled with shame, moisture forming near her eyes, fighting tears to save herself from even more humiliation.

"N-no, I just slipped on some water," She suppressed the distress in her voice, grabbing Yoongi's cold large hands. "Please don't worry about it, it was my mistake."

Though Devora tried to put his worries aside, Yoongi couldn't help but meet eyes with a woman sitting a few inches from the incident. Her lips pushed into a thin line, almost as if she was trying to stop herself from laughing.

Yoongi shook his head, deprecated, watching as the woman averted her eyes, tracing them back to her computer.

"Don't. Devora, you're bleeding." Yoongi's voice was strapping, furnished with nothing but a bleak and cryptic tone.

She looked down to see that she had a large paper cut on her index finger, presumably from the papers that slipped through her hands. Devora observed the blood sweep against her other finger, pulling her hands away from Yoongi's careful hold.

"It's okay, it was my fault for being so careless."

"Please go wash up, make sure you clean the cut." Yoongi picked up the mess of scattered papers from the ground. "I'll go get a first-aid kit."

Devora realized how much the cut prickled with pain as soon as she saw it on her finger, looping from her cuticle to the back of her finger.

'Of course right when I get my nails done.' Devora huffed to herself.

She cleared the feeling of embarrassment, trying to continue as if nothing happened, walking to the restroom.

However, she couldn't shake the thought that nobody went to help her up when she was down on the floor. Nor could she shake the question of why water was splashed on the ground.

Her throat throbbed, swallowing the impenetrable lump that aimed to explode into her mouth. Battling with her tears of mortification, running her hands through lukewarm water.

Yoongi walked back into Hobi's office, hearing their discussion continue as he made his way to the cabinets against the wall.

His eyes scattered for a moment, looking for a white box with a red cross on it.

Jungkook watched as Yoongi stepped over to him, handing him the box.

"Here, go give this to Devora." He instructed with bare context.

Jungkook staggered, scooting out from the table. "What do you mean? Is Devora okay?" Frowning, he put his pen down.

Hoseok turned over from his side-conversation with Namjoon, seeing the discussion between Jungkook and Yoongi.

"What's going on with Devora?" Hoseok's head looked in all directions to find an explanation, "Is she hurt or something?"

"She tripped and fell over by her desk." Yoongi explained, making everyone stop their mumbles. "But, she's okay. She just has a paper cut... and a couple of scuffs on her knees."

Everyone got up from their seats, gathering in the front of Hoseok's office. Hobi leading the way.

Devora sat promptly at her desk, massaging her knees that were scraped with marks from her fall.

She massaged her temples, still feeling the need to cry, and let out some bottled stress.

Hoseok's purified voice discontinued her bin full of pessimistic thoughts.

"Dev, are you okay? Yoongi said you were hurt, what's going on?"

Devora saw multiple eyes behind his tall figure that circled over one side of her rounded desk. Some of the guys stayed at the entrance of Hobi's office to get a good listen to what they were discussing.

She felt her heart pick up momentum, guilty for making everyone worry.

"N-nothing happened, I just slipped... that's all." She looked down at her stilettos, seeing that the glossy material was scuffed from all the turmoil.

"There was some water on the floor, but I'm okay, you don't have to worry about it." Her smile was cheerful, but her eyes were coaxing, pleading that Hobi doesn't make a big deal about it.

Hoseok couldn't believe it, he felt awful for her fall; puzzled as to why there was water on his floors.

He knew the cleaners came by at night, or early in the morning. So, why would there be water?

Hobi wasn't worried about a lawsuit, he was more worried about Devora and if she was truly okay. It might have been a small paper cut on her finger, but if she had fallen on her elbows or other parts of the body — she could have been easily bruised.

Which was true, Devora saw that part of her forearm was bruised from trying to catch herself, while her footwear suffered the rest of the anguishing damage.

"Are you bruised? I know you got a paper cut, but I need to know if you're harmed anywhere else." Hoseok was guarding when it came to incidents like these, tapping his finger against the mahogany desk.

"I got bruised on my arm, but that's all." Devora glanced at her workspace. "It's truly nothing to worry about, trust me." Trying to ignore the stinging sensation on her finger, and the tender bruises on her elbows that will soon spoil into a purple coat

"Okay, I'm gonna find out why there was water there, so don't worry alright?" Hoseok was deadly serious, thinking somebody purposely set the water there. "Jk has the first-aid kit for you, so you'll get any scratches taken care of."

Devora already felt flustered enough with all the eyes on her. Now she has to retrieve the first aid kit from Jungkook.

"Thank you, Hoseok."

As he stepped back into his office, Jungkook appeared from the diminishing crowd, walking to the right side of her desk to stand near her.

"You don't have to be so concerned, it was truly nothing." She advised.

She watched him intently as he set the small box down on the ground, hovering on both his knees to level down to her sitting figure.

"I don't think you've fully grasped how much I care for my friends. Or how much Hoseok does, as well." Jungkook was methodical, searching through the box for a disinfecting spray. "Can I see your fingers please?" He glanced up at her with soft eyes.

Devora could feel her blood race through her veins like lightning, shooting her body with adrenaline.

She delivered him her swelling index finger, suppressing the trembles of perturbation.

"Okay this may sting a bit, I think it's alcohol." His eyebrows pulled together, reading the back of the bottle again. "Oh, yeah! Okay, I'll spray it now, brace yourself."

Devora smiled, unable to stay serious when Jungkook was cluelessly reaching for things in the box.

He cupped his hand under her red finger to prevent any alcohol from falling on the floor, his face molding into potent concentration as he sprayed the healing potions onto the infected area.

"It's okay Jungkook, I can handle a little stinging." She reassured him.

"Wow, this is a nasty cut," Jungkook put down the spray, substituting it for a band-aid. "I had no idea papers could be such a dangerous threat."

She laughed. "Yeah well if you weren't clumsy like me and actually paid attention to where you're walking, papers wouldn't be so dangerous."

His fingers worked gently, removing the wrapper that hid the sticky part of the bandage, wrapping it over the curving puncture on her finger.

"Hoseok has some very dangerous objects here at an office." He hummed. "There you go, clean and safe." He laid her hand back down on her lap, crumbling the wrapped in his one hand.

"Thank you, Jungkook, I know you didn't have to do all that but you did." She thanked him. "And I truly appreciate it."

He was modest, shoulders hunching. "Don't mention it. I'm just glad all you got was a papercut, not a fractured bone or anything." Jungkook bit his bottom lip."Then I wouldn't be able to help you as much as I did just now."

He was such a generous individual, with delicate hands and articulate fingertips for a guy his size.

Admiration thundered in her gut, watching the human star now stand in front of her.

She felt the scorching stares of a vigilant person, glancing near Jungkook's side, seeing Scarlette's miffed face.

Devora looked at the ground, that familiar sense of distress picking at her morality.

Jungkook noticed her abrupt change, and coughed awkwardly. "I'll uh— I'll be inside his office, just in case you need anything."

"Right, thanks again for your help." She displayed her gratitude, scooting into her desk.

The tender atmosphere that Jungkook carried was coldly abbreviated.

A shiver crawled down Devora's spine.

She made eye contact with Boseong, who was evidently puzzled by everything going on around him. He had been absent during that entire time, taking a recess from work to hang out in the break room.

'What happened?!' He mouthed wordlessly.

'later.' Devora vowed, enunciating her words.

He went back to his work, turning his head to the left side of the office.

He got the feeling that Scarlette definitely had something to do with whatever happened.

Boseong rubbed his hand against his thigh, knowing he should've told Devora sooner rather than later about Scarlette and her audacious intentions.

He exhaled through his lips, still grateful Devora wasn't in any critical damage.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

953 72 11
Namjoon breaks away from their kiss, leaning his forehead against Jungkook's, and tries to slow down his breathing. "Bun, I don't know what I'm doing...
89.6K 3.8K 66
"Don't do that again Y/N. I can't guarantee if I would be able to resist it." She wanted to say something, anything but his serious gaze did it's be...
115K 3.9K 69
"Are just going to stand there and just gawk!?" I ask finally breaking the silence. "Yes," He breaths. "Well, stop it. You look stupid," "How come...
321K 8.8K 30
•@jk.97 accepted your follow request• •@jk.97 started following you• "Um, who?!" -•••- •#25 jungkook (7.27.19) •#7 btsfanfic (6.10.21) •#5 btsfanfic...