Love Dearly

Від wupew21

If you love someone dearly, you love them very much. Note : * English is not my mother language, expect many... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (M)
Chapter 14 (M)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (M)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue (M)

Chapter 4

2.2K 175 55
Від wupew21

Another weeks passed by after the party, and it was Thursday afternoon. Chaeyoung was so focus in front of her computer while buds in her ear. Really, the responsibilities in working life are very different than when she's in University. In Uni, you could skip class then get noted from your friends. But you can never do that when you are working. At your job, your performance matters and it will make a difference in the company's success.

She was so concentrated on doing her job and letting the song entertain her as she tried her hardest not to sing it out loud. That's probably why she didn't catch his approach out of her peripheral and that's why when she felt a hand clamp down on her shoulder she got such a fright that her body jerk suddenly as she yanked her earbuds out.

She turned and gazed up at her frightener.

Junhoe stood over her, struggling not to laugh. "Chaeyoung" his shoulders shaking with mirth, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scared you" then he handed her something.

It's a bottle of juice, mango juice, her favorite.

"What's this?" She asked even though she's already know what it is.

"A mango juice. I happened want a juice and order by delivery, then I remember Jimin once said that you like it so much.. or it wasn't true?"

"No, no, I like it. Thank you" inside her head, she was curse her cousin for being such a big mouth. 'What else did Jimin told him about her?'

"Ah, I'm glad" he smile, his natural dark eyes twinkling, but she felt absolutely nothing when she stared at him. Even when he was so nice. So, so nice. And so cute. He glanced nervously, "Chae, I would really like to have coffee sometime.. with you." He smiled. "Can I have your number?"

***

"So are you going out with him?" Lisa asked Chaeyoung casually as she munching her second tempura. They're meet up after work at Japanese restaurant. Chaeyoung told Lisa about her colleague asking her number.

"Yes.. for a coffee this Saturday" she told her. She said yes not because of Jennie or Jimin, but because frankly she was hoping for some kind of miracle that would bring the feel of butterflies inside. At least, she want to give it a shot.

"Well, I think that's great," Lisa said. "Why not bring him to the dinner with the guys then? We're going to meet up this Saturday right?" she suggested.

"That would be too fast, Lisa. We just going to know each other first.. over coffee"

She nodded, "As long as it make you happy then"

Chaeyoung just smile at her.

---

"I got a job. And what really matter was I got paired with good looking senior in one team!" Lisa flipped her hair. The group are having dinner in Korean restaurant, owned by Seokjin family as they had planned.

"Oh please Lisa, don't do anything stupid" Jungkook comment.

"Or you'll get fired even before you get your first paycheck" Jimin added. Everyone laugh.

"If we can do both, why not?" Lisa grinned then shoving a fork of korean beef into her mouth.

"Seriously, are you guys going to work for your career or looking for a hooked up?" Suga shook his head.

"Last time we are together at barbeque party, she was whining a whole night for not getting a job yet and how hard to get one. Now she got a job, she started a fire" Jisoo stated.

"Jeez, chill guys. I know where to stop and control the fire" she giggled. Everyone just shook their head at her.

"Anyway, where's Chaeyoung? Did she come late again?" Seokjin asked.

"I can't reached her. Looks like she turn off her phone" Jungkook reply.

"She has a date" Lisa said nonchalantly.

And someone literally almost choking when he hear that. "What?!" Jungkook put his utensil down.

"Who was on a date?" Everyone looked up as Jimin walked to them and sit across Taehyung.

"Your cousin" Lisa answer. "You guys didn't know?" She added, eyeing everyone.

"Well, she's not always talking heart to heart with me" Jimin said, sip Taehyung's drink and got smack on his hand after that by the owner.

"You also didn't know this? You are the best friend Kook" Tae asked Jungkook who still flabbergasted. Heejin glanced at the two briefly, then she faced her food again.

"She didn't told me anything.." he trailed off.

"Wow, that a first" Jennie remark, casually munching her kimchi.

"Oh come on, it's not a big deal. My cousin all grown up now. She's free to choose any man she likes, go on a date, having fun and maybe having a boyfriend soon" Jimin smirked, glancing at Jungkook slightly then avert his gaze to Taehyung across him who already smirking at him.

***

Heejin was talking to Jungkook who was driving as they went home. Then she halted. She noticed he didn't respond.

"Is something wrong? You look bothered" she asked.

Jungkook glanced at her and shook his head. "It's nothing"

"I don't even think you were listening" She pouted.

He briefly shook his head. "I.. I was too focus on driving" he smile.

They didn't talk the entire way back to her house after that. She literally stop talking and just staring straight out the window.

"I'll see you next week. He said when he pulled over at her house. He gave her hand a small squeeze before she stepped out from the car and he drove away.

Heejin still standing on the sidewalk in front of her house. Deep inside, she know who he was thinking about. It's his best friend.. Chaeyoung. He become mute after Lisa told them about the date. Even after they stepped out of from the restaurant.

If she didn't witness of what happen that night at Taehyung's place, maybe she'd be thinking that he just being protective over his best friend. But then as she saw it with her own eyes as they hugged at each other, she knows.. it was different kind of hugged. It gave off different feeling.

It began when Jisoo had asked her to help Chaeyoung with the drink. But as soon as she stepped into the house, she found him hugging his best friend. She stepped back behind the wall. Quietly stepped away and headed back to the backyard, telling the others that Jungkook was actually helping her.

She sighed. She realise now she actually don't understand him at all.

***

Bruno mars voice echoing softly inside the coffee shop, frolicking tune through the speakers as the waiter put two cups of coffee on the table before her and Junhoe. They'd met at coffee shop near their office buillding since they both loved it so much and also because it offered them a familiarity.

Junhoe was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, and he looked very handsome. It occurred to her that she'd never seen him wear anything casual like right now.

"I have to admit," Junhoe said as the waiter walked away, "I've wanted to ask you out for weeks, or maybe months"

"Really?" Chaeyoung scrunched her nose unconsciously. It made him smile.

"Really. But.. you didn't seem that interested before..." He said it carefully.

"I'm very focused at work," she reason out, well she's not lied tho'. He nodded as if that made sense.

Chaeyoung smiled, her eyes dropping to her coffee. Her mind definitely at somewhere else.

"You seem distracted"

"I'm not," she lied.

"I thought maybe the other reason you were resistant was because there was someone else?" He guess.

Tensing, Chaeyoung lifted her eyes to meet his.

"How recently?" He added.

She gave him a wry, unhappy smile. "This is not how I wanted to start this date, but you're right.. I'm distracted. I just.. I don't think this is appropriated. It become really serious, and I don't know if I'm ready to... I mean I know I should be. I just-"

"Chae," He leaned across the table and took her hand into his, his eyes sincere. "I get it. Even when I don't know what is" he sat back, his smile patient. "Let's just enjoy our time together. Forget about this being a date. This is just two people enjoying a good time and conversation."

And so that was what they did.

Afterward, Junhoe drive Chaeyoung to her apartment building. When they arrived, he stepped out of the car too, following her. He pressed a kiss to her cheek and said, "I like you, Chae. So when you're ready.. let me know."

***

Chaeyoung yawned lightly as she reached her flat. She took off her heels and found Jungkook inside. What is he doing in here?  He leaned against her kitchen counter, drinking soda. Wearing a plain black tee, whitwashed jeans, and a sports watch, he was look glamorous without even trying. But then it's really fit him.

"I shouldn't told you about my passcode" she grumbled as she took off her coat and put her sling bag on the table. "What are you doing here anyway? Didn't we agreed that movie night only once in a month now. It's not even Friday. Wait, you didn't went to the dinner with the guys?" Chaeyoung was talking animatedly.

Jungkook didn't say anything. He just stepped closer, approach her then pulled her body to him, wrapping his arms around her, head resting on her shoulder. His big figure engulf her petite one. Chaeyoung was startle at first but then she just hug him back.

"What happen? Do you fight with Heejin?" She asked, worried. Jungkook just shook his head.

She sighed. Something was bothering him. "Do you want to talk about it?" He pulled away, and stare at her. Chaeyoung blinked.

"Why are you staring at me like that you weirdo. Did something happen at the dinner?" She asked curious, "Ya! Jeon Ju-"

"Nothing happen" he cut her off and shook his head. Then he tug her hand and made his way toward her living room.

"What are you doing?"

"Accompany me watch tv for a moment, then I'll go home" he said as he turn on the tv.

"You really weird" she muttered but obeyed no matter what, sitting on the couch next to him.

A moment later, he found that she was fell asleep. She was laying down on the couch. Head rest on the cushion. Her face was still facing the screen. Two hands under her cheek. Her feet rest on top of Jungkook's leg which still wide awake sitting on the couch, leaning his back to the backrest. He glanced at her, then moved her leg a little so he can stood up. He pick her up and carried her to her room.

Jungkook kiss her head after he put her on the bed. "Good night Chae, don't dream of your date. Whoever he is," he whispered before leaving her apartment.

***
*14/09/21*

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.1M 45.2K 53
❝That's good. My heart belongs to Rosé anyway.❞
Her Crush Від wupew21

Романтика

31.4K 1.9K 12
Her crush. His dearest fans. Crush on someone : Feeling of love and admiration for someone, often someone you know you cannot have a relationship wit...
297K 9K 25
Lisa Manoban and Jeon Jungkook aren't quite your typical friends with benefits, seeing as they were never really friends to begin with. But when the...
11.4K 1K 12
10 | This is a story about Chaeyoung's single daydream where she get lost in thought of Jungkook for a minute and then snap out of it. © 2021, YORI...