Obey Me

By andermelon

At that time, she was dumped by the crown prince and was free to go on her own journey. [Hello.] She had woke... More

Notice
1. Break Up
2. Nathaniel
3. Kyrie Buchanan
4. Confrontation
5. Omen
6. Isolation
7. Aaron Fitz
8. Confinement
9. Opening
10. Skit
11. Fugitive
12. Gray Buchanan
13. The End
14. Reversal
15. Liar
16. The Hidden Side of the Moon
17. Attention
19. From Paradise to Hell
20. Giving Up
21. Crime and punishment
22. Commitment
23. The Eve
24. Choice
25. Freedom
26. A place to Return
27. Extra Story

18. Force Majeure

513 9 6
By andermelon

It's the day to finally leave Pronoia. On a foggy dawn, several people gathered in front of the Pronoia Grand Library to see Kyrie off.

"Are you really okay? I can give you an attendant."

Chairman Temer frowned and looked around. There were only four wagons for Kyrie, Rubinia, the Marquis of Vermont, and the servants. Even then, all those who rode the chariots for the servants were the attendants of Rubinia.

"Because Lord Legend is there, nothing will happen while you go, but it's still a bit too modest...."

"It's okay. I like to go quietly."

"Is that so....."

"I will invite you to the next lord's inauguration ceremony. Until then, I wish you all the best."

Then Dr. Poe and Dr. Hawksong stepped forward. Dr. Poe, who had been squinting his eyes with a handkerchief earlier, hugged Kyrie with emotion. Although it was an informal act, Kyrie smiled and patted Dr. Poe on the back.

"I owe you a lot. Thank you. When you come to the capital later, be sure to stop by Buchanan."

"Say my regards to Dr. Hartwood....."

"Yes. Also don't worry about Dr. Seward's work."

"Be careful when traveling."

"You too."

When she turned around after leaving Dr. Hawksong's neat greeting, Rubinia, who had been waiting in advance, stood up crookedly and said,

"It's kind of virtuous."

"They are good."

"Ugh."

Rubinia raised her eyebrows.

"But what about the Marquis of Vermont? No matter how pressured he is, he doesn't show his face once?"

Her gaze rested on the second carriage from the end. There was the body of the Marquis of Vermont, which MarryAnne had frozen cold, and the watchman, still unconscious. Kyrie naturally turned the topic around.

"It's not going to be a good thing. I didn't know that you would go with me. You are on your honeymoon."

"I'm annoyed. Are you kidding me?"

"Is it possible?"

"Huh. After all, there is no other city to see after Pronoia!"

"Then, I think, you should leave with me in a wagon and look around...."

"No! I'm the Crown Princess, so I'll use the carriage alone!"

Rubinia replied bluntly, and she slipped into her carriage.

Kyrie let out a small sigh and got into the carriage in front of her. Nathaniel sat first, just as she had feared. Kyrie sat quietly in the seat he had vacated. The carriage set off in the stillness.

Kyrie stared blankly at the scenery flowing out of the window in the carriage. There were only two left, but she wasn't as uncomfortable as she thought. It felt like her nerves that were sensing Nathaniel had been cut off.

[Kyrie.]

To the extent that such a call can be ignored.

There was no need to try not to blink or even breathe deliberately. Ever since she lied that everything was a lie, it really seemed like all those feelings had become lies. Or maybe it's just that she is tired because she put too much force on her shoulders.

[Kyrie.]

Nathaniel called Kyrie again, but Kyrie just kept thinking about it without saying a word.

Looking out of the window meaninglessly, she belatedly realized that the blue eyes reflected on the windowpane were directed at her. But she indifferently brushed his gaze away. Nathaniel's face turned cold.

He was still for a moment but after a while, he whispered in a suppressed voice.

[What the hell should I do......]

Having said that, he covered his face as if he was a little tired and didn't say anything more.

The carriage quickly escaped from Pronoia and entered the Rubmenian Mountains. Although it is an old road that has not been used since the road was renovated at the national level, it was inevitable to avoid tracking.

'I put on protection magic and anti-tracking magic, and I set off an empty wagon. I've done everything I can, so if I am caught like this......Miss Rubinia must be right.'

On the day of the fire, Rubinia's expression seemed to be really worried about Kyrie. But there was also the possibility that she was acting. Everything worked out, considering that she had conspired with wizards to lure Kyrie to the market and then left her.

'I have instructed MarryAnne what to do in such a case, so now....'

It was at that moment. The wagon began to shake as if there had been an earthquake.

"Ugh...!"

Kyrie staggered and was thrown to the floor of the wagon. On the other hand, Nathaniel looked at the outside with an elegant attitude to the point of it was disgusting.

[It's magic. There are quite a few, so it would be difficult for the forest beast. Tell me to save you, Kyrie Buchanan.]

Kyrie ignored Nathaniel and stuck to the window. Suddenly, MarryAnne ran out. Every leaf from her bosom burned with the flames of her magic.

"You can't touch the lady!"

Nathaniel was right. MarryAnne is doing well, but the situation is unfavorable. The wagon was on an open mountain pass, and the enemy was hiding in the woods and sniping them.

Then the magic flew from the back instead of the front. The third carriage with the corpse of the Marquis of Vermont was enchanted and tilted. MarryAnne nerves were naturally drawn to it.

"Ah! No! I have to protect it!"

It was clear that he was aiming for that loophole. Aiming at the moment when MarryAnne's defense had collapsed, his magic started pouring all at once on Kyrie's carriage.

Bang bang!

"Miss!"

The carriage lost its center and leaned. It was on the verge of overturning due to the steep slope next to the mountain road.

[If you are lucky, you may bump into a stone, fall off a cliff farther away, or stop and be caught by the wizards. It must be one of the three.]

Even in that urgent situation, Nathaniel did not lose his dignity; he spoke calmly. His gaze was still directed toward Kyrie. It was a gaze that seemed extremely blind to everything else.

Kyrie's eyes met Nathaniel, and she responded by biting her lips, so as not to weaken her own heart, no matter what he did.

Nathaniel clicked his tongue with a ferocious expression.

[Yes. I guess so.]

At that moment, the wagon that was barely holding on, overturned and started rolling down the slope. Kyrie's body was mercilessly thrown into the corner of the carriage.

"Ugh!"

Just before her body bounced off one more time, Kyrie felt something big and hard wrapped around her. Finally, Kyrie's consciousness was cut off.

***

Nathaniel hugged fainted Kyrie and went into the shadows for a moment.

"Stop the carriage!"

"There are no brakes!"

He could hear the wizards shouting from afar. Their magic wasn't that strong, so Nathaniel didn't even have to snap his fingers to stop it.

The speed at which the wagon rolled through the valley accelerated. Even when it hit a rock, it didn't split easily.

"Ahead there is a cliff!"

[It's a cliff.]

Nathaniel replied softly.

"Stop it! Stop that!"

The chief's call was in vain. The carriage floated for a moment. And quickly started to fall over the cliff.

It would have been nice if Kyrie had her eyes open now. In such a situation, no matter how strong she was, she would cling to him at least once.

[No. She won't either.]

A woman, who without his help, would overcome any obstacle that was set in front of her and find happiness. Even if he closes his eyes and pretends nothing happens, those eyes would still be closed

Nathaniel clicked his tongue. Just then, the wagon fell to the floor and smashed.

Nathaniel walked out unscathed from the wreckage that was so broken that it was hard to find the shape. Kyrie was dangling in his arms like a doll. The only good thing about her fainting was that she did not run away from him.

Nathaniel briefly turned Kirye's body around and looked at her back that had been hit. Fortunately, there was no blood. He was a little relieved. Nathaniel, who was worried that she might have bruised but soon gave up the idea of taking off her clothes. It was also for the sake of courtesy, but the main reason was that he needed great care when touching the human body. There were times when he was not good at controlling his power, he often, accidentally, pressed people to death.

The wizards couldn't pursue them all the way down. There is a limit to the magic that humans have, and since they used magic like that, they wouldn't be able to follow immediately. He decided not to think about why the magic corps attacked in such a stupid way. No one cares if an ant bites one's foot.

Nathaniel hugged Kyrie. A thick forest and mountain range spread out in front of them. Perhaps he could find a space to contain Kyrie again.

[.......]

He lowered his eyes mixed with hesitation that he did not know. Kyrie, with her fragile body hanging like a dead swan, was caught in his eyes.

Nathaniel then walked towards the forest.

***

Kyrie opened her eyes. As soon as she woke up, she saw the trees that filled her field of vision.Through the swaying leaves, the sunlight swayed like a wave. The surrounding was too quiet to be called normal. Kyrie realized that Nathanie was by her side.

'I was attacked, passed out, and Nathaniel saved me, and I think I fainted.'

Fortunately, her head didn't seem to be a problem.

'I knew exactly where the carriage was. The route of movement was also detected. As expected it was Miss Rubinia.'

Surprisingly, she didn't feel betrayed. She just began to ponder how she could avoid the magic corps and reconnect with MarryAnne.

At that moment, an elegant voice awakened Kyrie's thoughts.

[Are you planning on lying like that the whole time?]

Nathaniel came into sight. And looked down at Kyrie with terribly cold eyes.

She received his gaze, slowly got up and looked around her Kyrie. The original mountain path was not visible. Kyrie's eyes saw the gorge water that ran next to where she lay. Nathaniel opened his mouth as he watched Kyrie rise from her place.

[Because of the injury that remains......]

He spoke coldly, but he had to stop talking immediately because Kyrie started taking off her clothes. Nathaniel immediately turned his head.

As her clothes fell to the floor, the sound of her grass falling, the sound of Kyrie's feet going into the valley water was clearly heard. The sound of water soon ceased. He neither heard anything for a long time nor could he look back and Kyrie wouldn't answer her either. Nathaniel sighed softly as he covered his face with his hand.

[I warn you, be respectful, Kyrie Buchanan.]

Again Kyrie walked out of the water. Only after hearing the sound of her dressing up did Nathaniel realize that she had tried to reflect the wound on her back in the water.

When Nathaniel turned his eyes after enough time, Kyrie was already walking away.

[Ha.]

Nathaniel smirked and followed two steps behind her.

As Kyrie walked, she didn't even pay attention to him. She was busy carefully examining the forest. All the movements of looking at the moss in the tree and walking along the valley water were clumsy and awkward. Nathaniel silently caught even that trivial gesture in his eyes

Obviously at night she will call for help. The nights in the mountains are cold, and that stubbornness won't survive without clinging to him.

As she walked without hesitation, Kyrie soon encountered a waterfall. It was too high and steep to crawl down and too far to go back. It was the moment Kyrie hesitated and looked down at the waterfall.

"Hik......."

She stumbled out of nowhere. Perhaps she has chronic anemia, or a migraine. Or maybe she has a phobia of heights.

Either way, Nathaniel could not know. Come to think of it, he never had such trivial conversations with her. Realizing that there were still too many things about Kyrie he didn't know, his mood subsided a little.

Nathaniel grabbed Kyrie's arm as she was about to slide down the cliff.

[I knew so.]

He whispered mockingly. Kyrie slumped over the cliff and stared at him with surprised eyes. Her twinkling eyes that had him alone made him just a little bit satisfied.

Nathaniel's eyes twinkled. Yes, no matter how hard she tries to ignore him, she will eventually see the person who saved her, even if she doesn't care. Has she changed her mind now? He smiled more kindly.

[Is it time to give up slowly?]

But in the next moment, Kyrie shakes Nathaniel's hand without any notice. Her pale purple hair and hem of her robe floated in the air, fluttering like a flower blooming in an instant.

Kyrie immediately fell down.

Nathaniel luckily caught her before Kyrie reached her floor. He clenched his teeth while holding Kyrie in his arms. His shocked heart felt as cold as ice. It had been a long time since he had been so surprised, but when he thought about it again, what Kyrie did always surprised him more.

Nathaniel belatedly looked into Kyrie in his arms.

[Kyrie Buchanan.]

He was going to tell her to wake up, but Kyrie was not looking at him. She just muttered in a cute posture with her eyes open like a squirrel and her arms and legs curled up small.

"Ha."

['Ha'?]

He followed Kyrie's murmur because it's weird

[Kyrie Buchanan. There's a limit to running wild like a raging deer.]

Kyrie floundered her limbs without answering. Nathaniel put her down without a hitch. She started walking again, while Nathaniel covered his face with his hand behind her.

It had been a long time since he wanted to rip and kill someone like this. But he couldn't kill, neither could he ignore her nor could he let her go. Usually, when he killed the people around him, they would listen. But now, it was unlikely that Kyrie would change her mind, even if he killed anyone.

Suddenly saw something rising and fluttering in Nathaniel's sight, who was suppressing his emotions.

– Green leaves butterfly. It is the magic of a forest beast.

Nathaniel looked at Kyrie, who went out of sight, once again, he then cast a spell of confusion on the butterfly and sent it back. And followed Kyrie again.

Nathaniel crossed his arms behind her and watched as Kyrie struggled. Many thoughts came and passed by but all the mundane thoughts gradually subsided as the sun went over the mountain, and only one thought remained.

As expected, she is too weak to let go.

It didn't make sense from the start of this person's (Kyrie) willingness to cross the rugged Rubmenian Mountains with her bare body. He purposely bought Kyrie and moved away from the branch. Left alone in the deserted deep mountains, he thought she would at one time admit defeat and ask for help. It was okay to cry, no, even if she didn't cry, she could only hold his hem with those small hands. Then he might be joking around a bit, but in the end he intended to cover her back with a cloak.

However, Kyrie never asked for help even though she tripped and fell several times. She truly thought she didn't need such assistance. It seemed like she believed that she could do everything on her own and didn't need protection. So it's funny to hi. that, apparently, the only reason he is besides her is because they have a 'good relationship.'

It's not fair.

As the sun went down, the mountain quickly darkened. Kyrie seemed to realize later that she should have searched for a place earlier. She's confident there won't be any beasts, but the mountains are still cold. Kyrie, who tried to make a fire by scraping the branches, ultimately failed, dug a shallow hole and curled up.

Nathaniel, who had been watching the scene from beginning to end, looked up at the sky with a frustrated heart.

How in the world can there be so many insignificant beings?

She can't use magic, she can't wield a sword, she doesn't even know magic, and she doesn't have divine powers. Her bones are not as hard as diamonds, and if she gets stabbed, she will bleed, and if she gets stabbed further, she will die.

Nathaniel sighed again. To be so insignificant and fragile.

He sighed and looked around him, finding a moderately large rock and cutting it crosswise with a sword. Tired of wandering the mountains, Kyrie Buchanan didn't wake up when he hugged her.

Nathaniel laid Kyrie on the rock, then removed the coldness from the surroundings. Kyrie's pale face, which was getting tired, just then changed the complexion and dyed red.

Nathaniel sat next to her and sighed. As he ran his fingers through her bangs, Kyrie flinched a little and fell asleep again. His blue eyes that were capturing her image blinked slowly. Without realizing it, greed leaked out between his lips.

[Should we leave?]

He doesn't care about the world or anything else. Everything is fine if it causes Kyrie to give a response to him. However, Kyrie is completely ignoring him and it bothered him more than he thought. She never acknowledge him unless his name came out of others mouth

Nathaniel slowly reached out and touched Kyrie's messy hair on her forehead.

How about locking her up again? This time, how about tying her hands and feet so that she can't move at all, covering her mouth and eyes and letting her sit like a doll? Will she then cry out his name and spit curses at him?

Once he thought about it, darkness settled under his feet, he then licked his lips. Nathaniel smirked. In fact, when it comes to imprisoning someone, he was confident he could do it better than anyone in the world.

[Get up and stop me, Kyrie.]

He murmured. Of course it couldn't happen.

The sleeping Kyrie's face was still. The slightly cold impression still remains as she sleeps, but he liked it better. What are you not good at doing?

Nathaniel was arranging Kyrie's hair and wiping the dirt off her cheek and hands, but suddenly found something he had never seen before. Near the nape of Kyrie's neck, a pale blue stain could be seen through her collar.

For a moment, it felt like his heart was going to drop. It must have been a bruise from the big bump on the back in the wagon. He didn't know because she didn't make a single sound of pain, but seeing the bruises burning up to the nape of her neck, it looked like she had been hit hard.

[.......]

Nathaniel covered his mouth with his hands for a moment. He felt a weak sense of shame. He can't believe he lived so long and let himself get hurt by playing tug-of-war with a bloody human being.

Nathaniel took a deep breath and looked again between Kyrie's collar. It's been so long since he had been hurt, so he didn't remember, but surely a bruise can kill someone, right? Kyrie is exceptionally light as a feather, so her bones may have been broken or pus may have accumulated. Looking back, it seems that she was exceptionally skinny. Wouldn't her skin be crushed if she lay in an upright position?

Nathaniel quickly became serious. It was the moment when he lifted up Kyrie's collar to take a look.

"......."

Kyrie opened her eyes like a lie. She was startled, and he heard a hum between her lips, leaking out. Her purple eyes blinked in disbelief.

[....Misunderstanding.]

Nathaniel is now very upset when he realizes that he may appear to be molesting a sleeping lady. But, surprisingly, something even more troubling happens.

Kyrie had her eyes closed again before Nathaniel could say anything. She had a stiff face as if she said she never wanted to see what was going to happen. As she gracefully gave strength to her pointed chin, she also seemed to clench her teeth. Her body temperature rose, and her loosely laid hands clenched into fists.

Nathaniel's cold expression hardened. The fact that he was seen as a 'person like that', when in actuality his actions were just misunderstood. He hated the 'misleading situation' with his entire being, and tried to deal with the unintended aftermath that was bound to happen. Since she would most likely ignore him.

[Kyrie Buchanan.]

Nathaniel let out a laugh and put his hand on Kyrie's head.

[Am I being ignored in this situation?]

He asked fiercely.

Kyrie turned her head as if she couldn't hear those words. The forest without moonlight was dark, and the nape of Kyrie, who turned her head, was exceptionally white. So much that he thought if he were an ordinary human, he would be seduced.

But now, his voice resounding inside Kyrie was only fear and sadness. Clearly, the situation was misunderstood, but surprisingly, he didn't really feel the slightest expectation or even the slightest excitement.

All sorts of thoughts ran through his mind. His mood was messed up.

[Kyrie.]

"......."

[Answer me.]

Still, Kyrie didn't answer. As if testing him, she was docile even when her wrists were clasped together, as thin as a branch. She looked as if she was really asleep, except that her heart was pounding hard containing her emotions.

The sight itself was good even though he was in a terrible mood.

[Aren't you going to stop me?]

Nathaniel leaned his upper body a little more and whispered. He turned Kyrie's head with his hand that didn't hold her wrist, and put her forehead against his. Her eyelids twitch weakly.

[I would just stay still because I know dignity, but you probably don't know that the most effective way to harass you remains.]

Perhaps because of tension, Kyrie's lips parted a little. Nathaniel swallowed the breath almost as it flowed out through her chapped lips.

In an instant, an impulse flooded Nathaniel's head like a lightning bolt, but fortunately he managed to withstand it by giving strength to his hands

[......Or are you really looking forward to it?]

With those words, Nathaniel's mood subsided a little more. He knew that too. Even if something really happened, Kyrie wouldn't give up on her will.

She didn't shed a single groan of her kyrie that she hated her to the end. Even if she blinks her eyes in the distance where the eyelashes are tangled, but that's it.

Nathaniel, who had been contemplating whether to warn her a little more, got up. Apart from getting sick of the situation, the place and season are not good. She might get caught a cold.

[The wound must be shown to the forest beast.]

He spoke calmly and released his hand that was holding her wrist. Then he saw a blue bruise on the hand which he was holding. Seeing her, Nathaniel sighed silently again. Softer than a cotton candy, and obviously nociceptive, the woman in front of him was irritating once again.

If I stay here any longer, my patience may really run out.

It was the moment Nathaniel thought so and got up from his seat. A very weak and obvious breath of relief escaped from Kyrie's tightly closed mouth.

[......Yes. You must have hated it a lot.]

He realized what he was most upset about.

(T/N: the reason why he was upset is because Kyrie isn't sexually attracted to him but he is attracted to her, so he realised it now)

***

The next day, Nataniel cleverly got Kyrie's approval. It was very annoying that the sound of the stomach growling in Kyrie's stomach while she did not ask him for help even if she had to die.

Although he induced her, it was almost evening when Kyrie found the inhabited house. Kyrie led her exhausted body and knocked on the door of the log cabin.

"Is anybody home?"

Not long after knocking, the door swung open.

"Who are you?"

Coming out of the house was a large, bearded middle-aged man. He seemed quite embarrassed when he saw Kyrie in front of him, overshadowing his loud voice. His gaze moved to Nathaniel behind her, and then to Kyrie again.

"I'm a traveler, can you please take care of us?"

Kyrie asked politely. The man looked at Kyrie and Nathaniel with a serious face, and then smiled.

"People who live, do not refuse travelers. Because I know it will come back to me later. Come on in."

Hearing his words, Nathaniel thought it was a good thing he didn't kill his man.

He thought he had to feed Kyrie, so he approved it, but he had other calculated intentions as well. She hated having a third party involved in her problems, so he calculated that she would never ignore him in front of others.

The dining room had a log table that could seat 10 people. They were having dinner just in time, so food was on the table. There was only one little girl sitting.

"Sit down comfortably. I will bring more dishes."

"Thank you, no, thank you."

"You can take it easy. You seem to be a valuable person just by looking at it."

The man searched the kitchen and placed wooden utensils and cups in front of Kyrie and Nathaniel.

"My name is Bund Carp. You can address me comfortably. This is my daughter, Eve."

"Call me Rie."

Of course he would have noticed it was a pseudonym, but Bund just smiled.

"Does the gentleman next to you also have the name Rie?"

Kyrie opened her mouth slightly. Well, Nathaniel had no intention of introducing himself, so she was in a situation where she had to say something. Purple eyes that showed a good middle-aged man who welcomed a midnight guest into the house for no reason, and Eve, whose innocent eyes resemble her father.

Kyrie didn't hesitate for long. With a slightly complicated face, she gently said his name, which she would never have called.

"......no. He is Nathaniel."

His calculation was correct. Nathaniel lowered his eyes and hid his smile. The name he heard from her voice after a long time felt unusually sweet.

"I see. Excuse me, but your name suits you very well. It is as if an angel has come down."

After expressing his admiration, Bund asked Kyrie again.

"Are you both related? Can I ask what your relationship is? Of course, you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable, but that's not really a bad question."

In Nathaniel's eyes, Kyrie was seen hesitating.

Kyrie knows he values ​​her form (identity). Even if he wants to kill the people sitting on the table right now, he refrains himself, and if he receives a greeting, he greets them back anyway. If you are a guest, act like a guest. So she must be rolling her head now to somehow create that 'form' (identity).

Nathaniel rejoiced in Kyrie's embarrassment and waited for her voice, holding his cup. Then Kyrie opened her mouth with a serious face.

"He is my husband."

The cup slipped from Nathaniel's hand.

"Woah! Are you okay?"

At the sound of the cup falling, Kyrie, Bund, and Eve looked at him in surprise. Nathaniel, who had paused in the same position where he dropped the cup the whole time until Bund got up and fetched the towel, soon pulled his hand and smiled gracefully.

Kyrie, Bund, and Eve looked at the sound of the glass falling. Nathaniel, who had stopped in a position where he had dropped the glass all the time until Bund got up and brought the towel, soon pulled his hand up and smiled gracefully.

[Excuse me. It's a name I'm not used to yet.]

"Is that so? You will be called more often in the future, you have to do this! Haha."

Bund was a really pure and good man. Seeing him believed those nonsensical words.

Although Kyrie felt guilty, she lowered her head in shame and embarrassment.

"Actually, we fervently long for each other, but we chose to escape in love because of the opposition of our family."

"Oh my gosh! You are brave!"

Bund put his hand on his mouth and admired it.

"Oh my god!"

Eve threw the chuimsae.

[Yeah, the elopement for love.]

Nathaniel also responded, as if it was absurd, but very interesting. Kyrie skillfully portrayed her sadness, even though she found the word 'love' to come out of Nathaniel's mouth terribly awkward.

"Originally, we were traveling in a wagon, but we got lost while running because the family's pursuers were near."

"I didn't know there was a story behind....."

Bund was in tears.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

I am grateful for you to listen to this story.

"I beg you, let us stay for just one day. And even if someone comes to visit, please don't tell them anything about us. Is it possible?"

"That's enough! People don't go around this area very often, so it would be even weirder if someone came looking for you."

Kyrie thanked him with a smile.

After finishing the meal, Kyrie hesitated for a moment, then grabbed Nathaniel's hand under the table. She could feel his long, delicate hands startled. Kyrie turned his head toward him and said.

"And, my husband.......he says he has something to give you."

Nathaniel and Kyrie's eyes met. A conversation passed between the two of them in an instant that could only be seen through their eyes.

Give me.

What?

Something worth the money.

Nathaniel chuckled and dropped some jewels between her fingers. Kyrie immediately took her hand off him and handed it to Bund.

"It's small, but it's our sincerity."

"No! I can't take this!"

"Anyway, we can't afford to pay for this. If you really feel uncomfortable, would you like to take care of other victims in the future?"

"I do it without asking for it. Helping others and expecting a reward! Oh my god"

After refusing for a while, Bund accepted the jewels with a very reluctant look. When Kyrie said that she was so tired that she was on the verge of collapse, he immediately put Eve to sleep in his room, he then led Kyrie and Nathaniel to Eve's room. Bund, who informed them of the structure of the room and house, did not leave immediately, but hesitated for a moment.

"Oh, and there is one thing I want to tell you aa an elder......"

"Tell me."

"Well, this house is not so soundproof."

"Huh?"

"I have a child..."

"So?"

"Therefore...."

Bund squeezed his eyes shut and whispered.

"The conversation at night......, I want you to pay attention to the sound a little......"

It was definitely something Kyrie didn't expect.

Before she knew it, Nathaniel pulled back Kyrie's shoulder which was trembling in embarrassment. He had the brightest and the most dazzling smile.

[That's what I watch out for.]

Nathaniel closed the door.

By the time Kyrie returned to her senses, the sound of Bund's footsteps had already faded away. She closed her eyes timidly.

He must have misunderstood. Surely he misunderstood. But she didn't have anything else to say.

We'll be careful. Or will that never happen?

It was a strange situation no matter what she said. Kyrie sighed deeply, feeling a migraine.

"Huuu...."

On the other hand, Nathaniel didn't seem to care. He glanced around the low-furnished room, then leaned over Eve's desk and sat down.

[So when did we eloped in love?]

"......."

Kyrie frowned.

'How do I fix this?'

But to her surprise, before she could come up with any excuses, Nathaniel said as if he had just started.

[There's nothing we can do, so let's do that here.]

Kyrie looked at him with surprised eyes. After visiting Bund's house, Nathaniel, who has been strangely lively, bent his eyes and smiled in an attractive way.

[I won't kill, but you have to take the lock from your mouth. It's a truce. Only here.]

His shadow seemed to have gotten a little darker, and his blue eyes in the dark showed thirst. Contrary to how he usually satisfies his thirst, his suggestion now was a clear 'concession'.

Kyrie asked without losing her vigilance.

"What do you mean?"

[What do you mean? I'm sure you did it.]

"If I hadn't done that, the people of this house would have been in danger."

[Yeah, so I just adjusted it to your rhythm.]

"........"

After she lowered her eyes for a moment, Kyrie let out a sigh. In any case, his cooperation was required here.

"Okay. Let's do what you suggest."

Nathaniel smiled brightly as if waiting.

[That's fine too, darling.]

"......."

Kyrie touched her forehead.

I forgot. He had this kind of personality.

***

Kyrie fell asleep quickly. She must have been tired. Nathaniel looked down at Kyrie and kicked his tongue. This way she'd easily lose her stamina and she had to figure out the stubborn one.

Nathaniel washed himself in the wooden bath and tapped his fingers against her pale face. It was pretty cute to see Kyrie gently frown each time.

Oh my, her husband. Elopement for love.

He let out a smirk. Kyrie Buchanan is really good at hitting him on the back of his head.

[I am speechless.]

Contrary to his words, Nathaniel mumbled with a smiling face.

There's one more thing that's odd. Nathaniel, of course, thought Kyrie would kick him out of this room with landlord's permission, it may not be compulsory in reality, but if Kyrie showed signs of dislike, it was a requirement to leave the room at night.

But she didn't.

'......I'm going to sleep, so please be quiet.'

After saying that, Kyrie really fell asleep on the bed. She knows what the hell she's gonna do.

It's funny.

What's even funnier for him is that she pretends that she's funny, that she believes him, and that he's listening to her.

No matter how much she hated him, Kyrie Buchanan would never tell him not to come in. If she tried to do it, she would've kicked him out and pretended not to know. Kyrie Buchanan, who wasn't clever, locked the door on such a subject and requested, 'Let's have a good time'.

Looking down at Kyrie, Nathaniel stroked her forehead and hair all night long. He couldn't even remember how long it had been since he wanted tomorrow to come soon. He just wanted Kyrie to open her eyes quickly and force a smile at him, whether it's because of Bund Carp or whatever. And if she called him by the funny name "darling husband", it would make him feel better, even if only a little.

[Hurry up and wake up Kyrie. Wake up......]

Call my name.

Nathaniel whispered.

The next day, Bund informed that he had encountered wizards. As he spoke, he looked at Kyrie and Nathaniel with a very serious and worried face.

"It looks like they are looking around. Why don't you stay here longer?"

Kyrie gratefully accepted the offer.

MarryAnne was instructed to prioritize sending the corpse of the Marquis of Vermont and those who guarded him to the capital if anything happens. Once they arrived safely in the capital, Kyrie thought that she would be able to get back there somehow.

Even so, it was strange that MarryAnne was not searching at all. Kyrie thought that the situation was obviously not right. It was a thought, not knowing that Nathaniel was sending back the leaf butterflies that kept appearing.

So, sitting in the living room without hesitation, Kyrie waited for the magic corps to leave. Nathaniel also sat next to her, like a character in the portrait, but he didn't do anything special.

"Eve, there are five firewoods here, minus two of them, how many left?"

"Uung......?"

Kyrie blankly watched as Bund and Eve, who had returned from cutting wood, sat next to each other and had a friendly conversation. Eve, who had her brown hair in two ponytails, tilted her head over and over as if the calculations were difficult. Bund, watching her fight the numbers, noticed Kyrie's gaze and raised his head.

"Can I get you some more tea? Dandelion tea is good."

She couldn't see his mouth well because of his beard, but his half-moon-like folded eyes were relentlessly bearish.

"No, it's okay. It's lovely to watch you both."

"Having children changes the world."

Bund looked down at Eve with warm eyes. Then he shifted his gaze back to her.

"Do you two have plans to have children?"

Kyrie was perplexed, and Nathaniel, who always acted as if he was minding his own business, cleverly interrupted as if he was joking anyway.

[Two sons and two daughters.]

"Haha, a large family like that would be really happy!"

Kyrie looked at Nathaniel with eyes that said he was crazy. Nathaniel looked at her with a dazzling face that blinded her.

[Why?]

As soon as he asked that question, he skillfully opened his eyes.

[Ah. Our girl.......]

"Please!"

[...It's only possible if our story ends well.]

Kyrie opened her eyes fiercely. That's intentional. He wants to make fun of her somehow.

Although she sent a warning from her eyes to keep his mouth shut, Nathaniel smiled brightly with a face like, 'I can't believe there is so much fun in this world'

[This is really fun. Is it not?]

Since Bund looked very excited, Kyrie cried and nodded while eating mustard seeds, looking at Bund's countenance.

(TL/N: Used when someone is forced to do something he/she would rather not do, but pretends to enjoy it, anyway. (Mustard seed is hot and spicy and is used for seasoning.))

"That's right. You must be really happy seeing that you're this overjoyed.

[Of course. My lady personally eloped in love with me. How can someone not be joyful?]

"I don't think the word 'eloped' is good for children's education. Shall we not use it?"

[I can't believe you are already worried about the future of your child's education, you have good eyes.]

"Oh my gosh, like that......!"

She swallowed what she was about to say as she looked at the startled faces of Bund and Eve.

"......I am so ashamed that you praise me so much. Now, why don't you give it a rest?"

Nathaniel smiled with his blue eyes bent beautifully. It was such a dazzling smile that it was like an angel had descended.

[I think I can laugh for the next 200 years from this situation alone.]

"Don't break other people's time units with a smile."

[I also have a wedding plan that I didn't have, but it's about an hourly unit.]

"If you are dissatisfied, there is a good way. We get out of here, and we each go our separate ways."

[Is marriage funny?]

Crazy.

Kyrie covered her face. On the other hand, Nathaniel smiled broadly like a flower in full bloom, and he spoke as if reciting poems with a more aristocratic accent than necessary.

[I don't think I can tell how happy I am right now, so I have to work harder to express it. Shall I sprinkle the rain with jewels, float the emerald boat in the river of gold, and hold a ceremony on it? Do you think you will feel a little like this?]

"So cool!"

Bund exclaimed. It seems that he thought it was a figurative expression, but Kyrie, who knew Nathaniel's nature, trembled from anxiety. She grinned as she gritted her teeth.

"no.......I mean that even now, it's, very, very, much enough."

"It's so touching.......You two are a match made in heaven!'

"Where are you going?"

[You have high standards. Now, I should give a present to the good child.]

Nathaniel embarrasses Bund by piling up jewels like a mountain right on the table.

Kyrie wondered if it was a good thing she had made a truce with him. But when Eve made eye contact with her, who had her mouth wide open, looking at the jewel like a beautiful stone, and when Eve hid behind Bund from shyness, she smiled involuntarily.

A few more days passed. Bund's house felt like the world and time that flows differently. It was like being in a different world, not in a human world. Meanwhile, Nathaniel acted like someone who attended a masquerade called 'Escape of Love'.

In short, it was a lot of fun for him.

"But how did you two meet?"

At Bund's question, Nathaniel smiled sweetly as he bowed his head in shyness with flowers.

[I fell for it at first sight.]

"Romantic!"

'He came. Into the window'

(TL/N: they first saw each other from the window, in village Hercula)

Nathaniel was as docile as ever. He looked at Kyrie from time to time as if observing something, but for the most part he had a soft smile on his face and when Kyrie turned her head while looking elsewhere, his and her eyes always met.

Kyrie found it awkward and kept avoiding his gaze. She was nervous because she didn't know when and what he was going to do, but when she thought about it, this person was actually Nathaniel. There were too many incidents, but Nathaniel was originally a decent person as long as others didn't touch him first.

Kyrie had a chance to observe Nathaniel again after a long time.

He is a man who always sits next to Kyrie and drinks tea. He has delicate features, neat clothes, a dignified posture and demeanor. At Bund's house, his eyes shone as clear blue as the summer sea.

"He really has beautiful eyes."

Bund muttered that too.

Two more days passed. Nathaniel spent most of his time with Kyrie, but sometimes he would go out of the house to send MarryAnne's leaf butterflies back when they flew in.

Bund's voice was heard in Nathaniel's ears as he returned the butterfly and opened the door as he had done other days. It was a tense voice.

"If you want to escape, I will help you."

Nathaniel paused. Bund was speaking in a tone of great concern.

"I tried to pretend I didn't know, but no matter how hard you look at the bruises on your wrists, aren't they the bruises that occur when you hold them tight..."

Nathaniel put down the doorknob and looked up at the sky for a moment. It was definitely his fault. It was when Nathaniel was about to turn around, deciding that it would be better to give them some room to criticize him.

"But he knew it was a mistake."

From beyond the door, Kyrie spoke quietly.

"It was not intentional. It was just because he is too strong, and he will never do it again."

Nathaniel paused. To his surprise, his cotton candy pinpointed him very accurately.

"However......"

"Bund. Thanks for the concern, but it's okay. There will be nothing to worry about. Even if he really tries to overpower me, I'm not the one to stay still.

Nathaniel could tell without looking what kind of face she was making now. When she tries to convince someone, her face becomes supremely beautiful and firm at the same time.

Kyrie, who paused for a moment, gave out a refreshing laugh.

"Besides, I'm the only one in the world who can hit him on his face."

Nathaniel smiled unconsciously with his arms folded. Even if Kyrie suddenly attacked him, he would just watch.

Bund realized that Kyrie's will was firm, and soon changed the subject.

"Then what would you like to do if the family freed you two?"

The owner of this house was rather sensible in choosing questions. Nathaniel tapped his finger and waited for Kyrie's reply. The answers, which had been heard well before, did not come out for quite some time. The voice that came out was more confused than he had expected.

"Well. I never imagined...."

"Yes? Why? Don't give up! I'll help too, so I hope you're happy."

"Yes...... thanks."

It was a disappointing reaction. Bund was a little more fired up.

"How important it is to dream of the future! Surprisingly, it makes people strong. Isn't that right?"

"Is that so?"

"Do you really want anything? Think carefully. It's okay, it doesn't have to be big. There must be at least one very small thing."

After those words, Bund was silent for a long time. The sight of a man with a shaggy beard looking at Kyrie with warm eyes was pictured in his mind. Nathaniel recognised that Bund was a good-natured person, and he didn't rush Kyrie to answer.

And Kyrie Buchanan, strong against the strong and weak against the weak, did not ignore the trivial question. Soon she slowly pulled out her answer. It was an awkward tone, as if it was her first time having a conversation like this with someone..

"A flower...."

Nathaniel attentively listened to her voice.

".......I want flowers to bloom."

Kyrie's voice became smaller.

"A flower?"

"Hydrangea or jacaranda......."

It was clear that she was talking about the future, but her voice sounded empty and lonely. Nathaniel's doubts were solved by Bund.

"Great! Elsus is said to be famous for those two flowers!"

Elsus.

Nathaniel attained enlightenment. Her childhood, spent in Elsus, was probably the only time of her life that Kyrie was loved without worries.

"It would be nice to live in that area or in a village on the outskirts of Elsus......"

Bund's voice was full of vigor to cheer up Kyrie, but backfired. It wasn't his fault. Nathaniel opened the door and entered the house, using a small force.

(TL/N: the reason why it back fired..... these flowers were mentioned in the last part of Volume 3, so you must have understood)

[Are you talking about something funny?]

"You are here? But now......."

Quarreung!

Bund's words were cut off by a lightning strike in the dry sky. And as usual, people quickly forgot the previous topic and started talking about how loud the thunderbolt had just been. Kyrie had a slightly relieved face, and Nathaniel smiled, thinking it was fortunate.

That night, Nathaniel left Kyrie and Bund's house for a while. He had something to find.

***

Kyrie was ready to leave early in the morning the next day. The magic corps seemed to have left nearby, and they could no longer waste time.

"Do you need anything else?"

Bund, who helped in packing clothes and luggage for Kyrie, who didn't have anything, was still anxious because he couldn't do anything. His brown eyes were as sweet as when she first met.

"Thanks. I owe you a lot."

"What do you mean thank you? I ended up getting paid...... haha."

Bund scratched his head out of embarrassment, but considering his courage to accept a potentially dangerous person into a house especially when he had a child, it was something never to be taken lightly.

"But where did your husband go? I haven't seen him since yesterday. There are bears in this area, so it must be dangerous."

"It would be dangerous...... for the bear."

"Yes?"

"He will be fine. He wouldn't have gone too far."

He is such a person Kyrie muttered.

"Yes...... Ah! He is here."

At that moment, Bund looked behind Kyrie and waved his thick hand. Kyrie reflexively turned her back. The facade is now over, but she was planning to finish it perfectly.

But when she turned around, she forgot her words for a moment.

Nathaniel was holding a jacaranda branch with purple flowers. And he smiled with a more beautiful face than ever.

[Hydrangea is still in season.]

Looking down at Kyrie, who had hardened beyond surprise, Nathaniel held out the branch that he was holding. Kyrie stared blankly at the purple flowers that were just the size of her forearm. She mumbled as she managed to regain her consciousness.

"It's not time to bloom yet, where......"

[Nearby.]

I don't think there are any jacarandas nearby. Bund muttered from behind, but Nathaniel ignored it.

Kyrie didn't say anything for a long time. She didn't even have a special expression on her face. She blinked her eyes intermittently like a person lost her soul, stroking the purple petals with her fingers. Nathaniel followed her fingertips with his gaze.

When the word 'flower' came out of Kyrie's mouth, Nathaniel knew at once that it was her primal desire. Kyrie's own desires, not the Kyrie Buchanan's, the noble Kyrie's, and Nathaniel's Kyrie. Evil always digs into such a gap in the heart. If your heart is so empty, wouldn't it be filled with even a single flower?

So, if she is looking for it, that's it. When the flowers he gave him filled Kyrie's heart and it lowered her guard against him.

Let's lock her up again.

Nathaniel just smiled softly, hiding his thoughts.

[Do you like it?]

She is too pretty and too fragile to be left outside. So let's lock her up this time where no one can see her, where no one can come. Let's make a castle out of ice and turn everything around it into a snowy field, and serve her like the Snow Queen. The only person she would ever need is him.

In the world, me and Kyrie, just the two of us is enough.

Tie her hands and feet with purple ribbons so she can't walk without him. Put a veil over her head and an eye patch over her eyes so she can't see anything. Cover her ears with wax and lock her in a world where the only thing she can feel is his touch.

Nathaniel imagined Kyrie on his white bed, where she couldn't do anything without him, and he felt a surge of relief. It wasn't his favorite expression, but it was lovely just imagining it. He was right. His Kyrie will be by his side forever, and she will be safe.

'Besides, I'm the only person in the world who can hit him on his face.'

Sometimes she gets bruises, faints, and he gets obsessed with her.

He had to admit that controlling Kyrie's mind, spirit, and even the unconscious mind was a very daunting task. When things got to this point, even Nathaniel was forced to accept her greatness.

He, too, for a brief moment thought of treating her, as Kyrie does to others, and wondered if it would be possible for him to flutter her heart, but he could not. So now it didn't matter. He thought it would be more comfortable to put aside this situation, and to have complete control over her body.

Of course, that would completely change Kyrie Buchanan. No matter what he does, never will she call his name. A series of events led Nathaniel to somehow somehow feel that it is better for her to laugh than to cry, but she will never smile at him either.

But his arrogance said,

Someone else's smile, kindness, affection, isn't that a big deal? Haven't you suffered too much to put mercy in her hands just because of that?

That was indeed true.

That's why he.

[Kyrie.]

Never.

[Come on.]

Towards her.

Nathaniel slowly reached out his hand.

At that moment, Kyrie raised her head.

"Ah......"

Reflexively, their eyes met. And the moment Kyrie looked at him and blinked her eyes, the flowers that reflected in her eyes appeared in like a flood. The madness in his stomach, which had been running wild with excitement, was startled and stopped moving.

"Ugh."

Kyrie frowned, coloring her white cheeks red. She seemed to want to hide his joy, but her dimples were already wide on her cheeks. She looked shy and defenseless as if she had no doubt about what he was thinking.

"What..... should I do?"

Kyrie, who had covered her mouth with her hand and made a sound as if she was holding back something, said in a small weeping voice. She narrowed her brow, and bit her little lips for a while.

Then, she bursts out laughing as if she can't stand it. As dizzying as a flower bud is blooming.

"So much..... Thank you so much, Nathaniel......"

And Nathaniel heard all his plans melt like a snowman in the spring sun.

It was force majeure.

(TL/N: Force majeure- irresistible compulsion or superior strength.)

That's why, now he, never towards her........

***

Jacaranda

Hydrangea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 0 6
While struggling to fit into their families' worlds, Davina and Elijah find acceptance in each other. But when their families disapprove of their rel...
1.8K 17 53
"Come on baby," I mimicked him from earlier, batting my eyes at him, "don't you want to fuck me?" His eyes blazed with a challenge as his hands wound...
2.8K 542 59
(FINISHED WRITING, BEING REVISED!) An only child, by the name of Nathaniel, has a very unfortunate life. Unpopular, bullied, and outcasted by everyon...
2.4K 156 25
[MATURE CONTENT/NO RAPE] He was Fire... She was Water... But how could fire and water become one without destroying one another? ~ "Why are you ru...