CHRONOS ⧗ {Shadow and Bone}

Od Hazel_Writhe

☽⧗☾ ➤ ❝I know your secret, now you're in my hands.❞ -- ➤ ❝And I know your life story, so who's actually in w... Více

☽PROLOGUE☾
☽PLAYLIST☾
☽AESTHETICS☾
✦ два⼁A Searing Light
✦ три⼁The Little Palace
✦ четыре⼁Game of Survival
✦ пять⼁Library of Shadows
✦ шесть⼁Caught In the Web

✦ один⼁The Red Kefta

2K 69 7
Od Hazel_Writhe

☽⧗☾ 

Grishas, the word used solely for our kind, users of what most of us call small sciences and that was what made them so weak, our only weaknesses other than human nature.

Each and everyone of us was sorted into three different categories of Grisha. Materialki can manipulate materials such as steel, glass and chemicals. They were also known as Fabricators.

Etherealki are summoners, who can manipulate all the elements of nature including; Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Darkness and Light. Then there are the Corporalki who can control, manipulate and alter the human body.

Each of them is also given a selected Kefta, a clothing with colors to signify from which small sciences they can control. Blue for the Etherealki, with marks on their Kefta showing which element they can manipulate. Corporalki all sport a red Kefta, while the Materialki all wear purple ones.

There is one exception of course, the only one of his kind, one of the most powerful Grisha's in the entire second army. In fact he was our leader, our General: Kirigan, or as our enemies call him, The Darkling. He was the only shadow summoner in years and so he wears the black Kefta, designed specifically for him. 

Everyone and everything trembles when he's near, shadows following everywhere he goes, his aura screamed dominance and confidence. It was like he was born to lead us, he was stoic and mysterious, incredibly handsome and yet in his eyes all I saw was a lonely little boy filled with pain and so very tired. Not that I even dared to look into his dark obscure eyes, only just by glances, never face to face, they say the eyes are the windows to your soul, the only things that tell the truth and if I ever where to meet eyes with the General I'd be caught.

Thank Saints that I don't have many chances of that. One of the other rarest positions in the second army was a Tailor. They could modify and alter the body or one's appearance, they were as rare as the sun summoner but they were treated as slaves for the Royal family.

When I couldn't live in the woods any longer and living amongst the people would be too obvious, I decided to sneak into the Little Palace, with my powers it was relatively easy but I couldn't just stop using my gifts. The small sciences were like the air that humans breathe, the loss of not using your powers was too great and that was how many Druskelle, Shu or second army soldiers Identified who was a hidden Grisha.

When a Grisha stops using their powers, either by neglect, or by fear they're bodies would suffer the consequences. They would become weak, more tired, bangs under their eyes, they would simply look unhealthy.

So It would be too suspicious if I tried to infiltrate the Little Palace and become a servant. One of the things I could do with my gifts was restore and alter a person's features to look like what they were in their prime, however, since I never really saw the use for this power I did not have much practice, but practice enough to pass as a Tailor.

We, unlike the rest of Grisha, were treated as inferior, as slaves to the crown, so just like the other servants we wore white clothing a little different from normal Keftas signifying our roles. Normal second army soldiers were training in their spare time while Tailors were busy, tweaking the Queen's wrinkles, and saggy tits, and being ogled by the fat buffoon who unfortunately wore the crown.

The only good thing I had about it was that when the Queen didn't need me I had a lot of free time to myself, (and the added fact that distracting the King was really easy) so I would visit the healers to train with them or spend some time in the far corners of the library where nobody could interrupt me.

I didn't have any friends here, well just one but I'd like to think of her almost like an acquaintance and an unwilling co-worker. Genya was the actual Tailor here, she was the rarest but still treated like a mere servant. She didn't have much choice, while I was just there.

A fake. Faking my gifts to pass as another.

"Why aren't you ready by now?" Genya asks impatiently as she walks quickly into the library.

I looked up from my book, sitting in my place on the many coaches on the back. I was dressed in our normal white Kefta but loosely drooping on the back of my shoulders, as I wore a white sleeping wear on the bottom. Today my schedule was clear, one of the newer Fabricators in the Little Palace swore that they made the perfect sailing ultra-light even though the head Materialki David knew there were a few wrongs in the plan- heavily doubting it would go right- General Kirigan approved it. So a group of Grishas are going with the General to the first army base to see what will happen when they try to cross, evidently meeting up with the already trained Grishas in the first army base.

If you'd ask me it was like the General was so bored that he wanted to see the new ultralight fail miserably just to quench his thirst for anything really. These days the General seemed anxious, more tired and on edge like something was about to happen. Whatever he felt like was happening I wanted to be miles away from all of it.

I was hoping to just laze around in the library for the rest of the day, but I guess Genya seems to think I'm supposed to go somewhere...

"Ready for what?" I question utterly confused, placing my book gently on the small table next to me. "Did the queen want us for something else? I thought she was blackout drunk today, from that party yesterday."

Genya rolls her eyes in exasperation, "You've been assigned as a healer to the expedition today, the General has appointed you as the healer in case something goes wrong with the ultra-light." She comes over in her arms a red Kefta.

"Wait, what?! Right now?" I asked alarmed, nobody told me about it till now and the bells have already rung so they must all be ready to go by now.

"Yes, right now, and you're late again." Genya says, throwing the red Kefta in my direction and then picked up my books to put them away. "The maids or the guards were supposed to tell you about it, but since you just love this darkened spot in the library most of them probably didn't know where to find you."

"Hey! There is sunlight, it's not that dark..." I grumble as Genya keeps on glaring at me to go faster. I take off my white Kefta with a petty smile to my friend as I throw it at her, and then throw the other Kefta over my shoulders putting it on completely. "Why couldn't Jennie go? Where are the other healers? This isn't my job."

Genya, who had carefully put all the books away while I was changing, groaned from her stop, turning to face me with her signature 'mom' look. "Because most of them are preoccupied with the rogue group of Druskelle that attacked a few miles away and some of the Grisha's were hurt badly."

"What about the newcomers?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. This was an important mission since the General was going to be present and with all the more capable healers unavailable there was no way they would let the newbies help out with the little experience they had.

"Less talking, more walking Kira." Genya pushed, grabbing my hand and taking me to where the others were waiting.

I wasn't totally ready to go, I felt like I was missing something, something that made me feel safe.

While Genya rushed me to the Little Palace's entrance, I started to panic slightly. My knives. That was what was missing, I carried them around everywhere, it was like my safety blanket and since I didn't know I was supposed to go out today I had left it in my room.

"Wait, Genya, I need to get something from my room. It's important." I tell her with urgency, as she keeps leading me faster to the entrance, not even stopping after my statement.

"We don't have time for that, because of your little hiding stunt I had to pull a few strings to even let you back with the others, they would have already left without you." Genya said, continuing to walk fast down the stairs looking down every so often as to not trip us both.

"Genya please I can't live without it." I state again, but still she did not listen or at least did not care enough. As I've said before I wasn't that good at having friends nor did I want that many so as to not get attached and expose myself but because of it now my interactions with Genya weren't always perfect.

It wasn't like I wasn't happy (slightly) that I was going with them on this mission. I wanted to keep an eye on the General, and with the added bonus of not having to deal with these Royals just for a little while but all I had wanted to do today was chill before the next day when I'd have to go back to my duties with the queen.

"We don't have time to go get it," Genya repeats, finally stopping on the door to the entrance, looking straight into my eyes. "You know how much the General hates tardiness."

We stepped outside, Genya whispering to me a quick good luck before walking away to her other various jobs.

The black carriage was standing tall in the middle of the court yard, the General was seen talking to Ivan- his private Heartrender- next to his black stallions. The other Grisha rode on their horses around the carriage in a protective motion, because we all needed to protect the General. The most important and powerful Grisha in the second army and a total drama queen with his long cape dripping behind him. So of course he was staying in the carriage with his favorite Grisha, while the rest of us had to ride the rest of the way.

My eyes met the Generals briefly, his eyes just as black as his horses, beautiful pitch-black irises that screamed power staring directly at mine. My dark brown eyes reflected on him, before everything stopped.

The horses froze in place, just as all the other Grisha's did. Stopping in their places, not moving nor breathing. The air slowly closed, and nothing could be heard as all the sounds shut off.

It was as if time had stood still.

Not even a second later, my eyes glistened and quickly I veered away from the General who blinked in confusion. Thanking the maid that had brought me my horse, climbing on it expertly and waiting for the signal of our departure.

I could feel his eyes in the corner of my eyes. His handsome face could be seen from afar and yet I did not falter. I made the mistake of making eye contact before but it sure as all saints it would not happen again.

I knew he was suspicious of me or at least slightly intrigued but I could not let him find out about me, or at least who I really was.

The carriage started moving, and all the other Grishas guided their horses out the front gate, Inferni in the front just like the Squallers. Heartrenders stayed behind, with one or two Fabricators and then there was me.

The only thing I could think of was the unnerving feeling that something was going to happen soon, I just didn't know if it was for the good or for the bad. Hopefully it didn't interfere with me, but knowing me, probably not.

After all I was just a fake here, whatever thing was about to happen might cause chaos and interruption to the quiet but cautious life i've been living in the palace and that was not good for me.

I stayed quiet on my horse, never moving to speak up or talking to anyone. 

Just staying with multiple thoughts in my head, and my hand firmly pressed to my crystal knifes hidden in my front pocket.

☽⧗☾

❝Time stand still beauty and all she is, how to be brave how can I love when I'm afraid to fall. Watching you stand alone.❞

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

78.9K 1.7K 26
They may have grown up together and did everything in their power to stay together on the streets of Ketterdam, but neither will fully understand the...
3.7K 311 44
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR SHADOW AND BONE SERIES Before he became the Darkling, Aleksander was just a boy hoping to build a world where all Grisha could...
23K 739 37
Shadow & Bone S1- ❝ 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 is a funny thing ❞ Dirtyhands, Wraith, Sharpshooter, Viper oc x jesper fahey Shadow & Bone S2- ❝ i am never bound by 𝒕�...
69K 2.6K 19
"She is all I have." "Not anymore." - Anastasia Starkov has known nothing other than her sister and her best friend. When Alina gets ta...