To Hell ~ Fred Weasley

By adorkableNarry

A story where the occasional letter had the power to change the narrative. Helena Rosemund is in the same yea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 60. Part II.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.

Chapter 47.

693 31 10
By adorkableNarry

Helena spent the rest of dinner time at the infirmary, alongside Lee Jordan, since Professor Dumbledore sent the twins there so that Madame Pomfrey could reverse the Aging Potion they had taken just before attempting to enter their names on the Goblet of Fire and failed miserably. Dumbledore even made the remark that the twins had given themselves some fine beards.

But Fred and George weren't the only one there who had failed at their mission. There was also a girl from Ravenclaw and a boy from Hufflepuff who had tried their own Aging Potions but had not succeeded.

"At least you made the whole school laugh," Lee tried to comfort his friends.

"If only you would have waited for me to come back," Helena informed the twins, looking at them with empathy, each laying in in a bed next to each other.

"What difference would it make?" said Fred rather melodramatically.

"Yeah, Nina. We would still get these fabulous yet unnecessary white beards," said George, running a hand through his beard to groom it.

"You two were caught up on your own damn excitement to use the Aging Potion that you didn't give me a chance to witness you getting through Dumbledore's Age Line. I had a counter-spell in case something like this happened, which it did!" Helena sighed, holding her giggles which turned out to be hard as she stared at the twins.

"I would say lesson learned, but-

"-We refuse to accept that this was a lesson to learn from," Fred finished his brother's sentence, crossing his arms making himself look like an actual old man.

"Well, if it wasn't obvious to you both," Helena started, "your names were rejected by the Goblet even though you got through the Age Line, momentarily."

Fred and George groaned.

"I wouldn't blame it on the potion we made, lads," Lee said, smiling sympathetically, "it did work, but Dumbledore's spell worked better."

The girl also informed them how every student from Durmstrang had entered their name, and a few students from Beauxbatons did the same. There were only a few more days until Halloween, so anyone who wanted to participate on this tournament, would have to muster up the courage to do so quickly.

After the twins had been fixed to their usual ginger self, Helena parted ways with her friends and went to visit Professor Trewlawney to continue with their chat about visions and the like.

"Let me bring this matter to Professor Dumbledore, dear," Trewlawney said getting up from her seat as the conversation was near the end. "If you don't mind, I would like to have his opinion on your case. Being muggleborn and having visions is not a common thing, in my years of expertise. But do not fear! I'm sure it was just this one time and it's most probable it isn't a real one."

With that being said, Helena slept more soundly and with less trouble than the past days that night. Dumbledore would only confirm Professor Trewlawney's diagnosis of the situation, Helena was sure of that. So she even felt content when Angelina Johnson mentioned how she had entered her name in the Goblet, turning of age recently.

Both girls, joined by Alicia Spinnet, talked about their guesses of what the Triwizard Tournament would be exactly about, exchanging theories of possible tasks and making their bets on which school would take the cup.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Halloween could had not arrived at any better time.

Helena was feeling joyful. This was her favorite holiday and it also happened to be the day that they would announce who would participate in the Triwizard Tournament. Cedric Diggory had already placed his name on the goblet a few days before, expecting to hear a negative comment from his girlfriend, but instead was met with a hug and a big smile from her, telling him that she just wanted him to enjoy the tournament.

Having prepared her costume secretly before she came to Hogwarts this school year, the girl had put together a simple outfit but that with a bit of makeup it would tell who she was impersonating. Helena would only wear this costume during the day and change into her school uniform when they would be called to the Great Hall to reveal the three champions of the tournament.

The girl had thrown on her a white button down shirt, some black skinny jeans, 5-inch black boots and a short black wig to complete her new persona. Of course, this costume would go unnoticed if it had only been the clothes she selected to wear. But her choice for makeup made every student double-stare at her when she walked through the hallways when she joined the twins and the rest of the Gryffindors for breakfast.

"Oh my goodness!" Hermione cried, eyes slightly squinting at her.

"A-Are you okay, Nina?" Harry asked, putting down his glass of milk.

"Must've hit yourself pretty badly," Ron winced when he looked at Helena's face.

The sixth-year student only smiled at them.

"Why are you smiling?! You crazy woman!" Fred said in disbelief, seeing his friend not bothered by the obvious wound she had.

"Your nose is bleeding, Nina!" George informed worried, pointing at her face rather menacingly.

Helena pushed away George's hand away from her, laughing at their reaction.

"Hmm... I guess this costume reference would had only worked with muggles."

Now all the stares she received made more sense as to why everyone looked a bit surprised to see her with fake blood painted just below her nose as it were dripping from it. But that was the key statement she needed to make sure she got her costume right, having taking the idea after watching a muggle film with her father that summer. It wasn't a family-friendly movie, Helena's father had regretted taking her half-way through the film, but the girl enjoyed it none the less.

She decided to wipe off the makeup to avoid any further worried glances from fellow students, or teachers for that matter.

"Now you look like Pansy Parkinson from Slytherin," said Ron as they all made their way to their respective classes through the hallway, earning laughs from both Harry and Hermione.

"I don't know who that is," Helena said genuinely, as her heels echoed with each step.

"It's that nasty girl who is always around Draco Malfoy," Hermione shared. "You must've seen her. She has the same haircut as your wig."

"Oh... her. Taking off the wig!"

Helena proceeded to remove part of the costume and decided to just let her natural hair down as it bounced on her back while she strutted.

While talking notes during Defense Against the Dark Arts about the theory of the Shield Charm they would be practicing this week, she could feel a pair of eyes staring at her intensely as she scribbled away with her quill.

"Yes, Fred?" she asked.

"I didn't say anything," the boy sitting next to her replied.

"I know, but I can feel you staring at me," she informed, having a quick glance at him before returning to her parchment. "You've been doing so during the last five minutes. Look, haven't written down the last bit Professor Moody shared on the board."

Indeed, Fred Weasley's parchment appeared to be incomplete compared to Helena's who was almost at the end of hers.

"Oh...yeah. Sorry about that," he said sheepishly, inking his quill so start his notes.

Something was off.

"What's wrong, Freddie?" Helena whispered to not be caught by Professor Moody who went back to his chair. "Is something bothering you?"

"Well, now that you ask," he whispered back, leaning closer to her. "I was just wondering why you haven't spent much time with Diggory over there this week."

Fred looked over to where Cedric was, just a few seats in front of them with one of his friends from Hufflepuff.

"Oh, must be because he's been tutoring in the library recently," Helena smiled reassuringly.

"And that doesn't bother you?" the ginger boy asked, raising his eyebrow. "Bloke rather spend his free time tutoring than with you?"

"He's just helping out other students, Fred," she replied softly. "We can still hang on the weekends."

Fred sighed.

"Don't mind me, I like how we are hanging out more," he said, shaking his head. "Who would waste the opportunity to spend time with you? That's all."

Both continued to write down what was on the board, ignoring the fact the Helena was unconsciously smiling to herself with slightly flushed cheeks.

The time had come to announce who would represent each school at the Triwizard Tournament, so it would be no surprise to see the Great Hall completely packed with students as they all talked in hushed voices and stared at the Goblet of Fire that was now standing in front of Dumbledore's empty chair at the teachers' table.

Helena had wished Cedric good luck before the boy went to sit with his house, telling him she would cheer with the rest of the school if he did get selected.

"Hope it's Angelina," said Fred as they all took a seat along with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"So do I!" said Hermione excitedly. "We'll see soon!"

"But I hope we eat first," Helena mumbled with her hands over her tummy. Halloween was over for her now, having taken off her costume which she considered a flop this year, but she still thought she had hit the mark with it, on a muggle point of view.

"I'm starving too!" Ron complained. "We can't have the champions named if we haven't eaten anything!"

The Halloween feast was as marvelous and delicious as every year, but this time they had sweets foreign to the ones they usually get so that the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang could join in on the celebration.

Everyone seemed eager to finish their plate, hoping that would accelerate the start of naming the Triwizard champions. Some students wouldn't stop turning their necks, standing from their seats to check if it had started, fidgeting and the vast majority had impatient expressions on their face.

"When will these plates disappear?" asked Harry having a look around, his legs jumping up and down with impatience.

"Dang it, Harry! Calm down," Helena whispered to the boy who was sitting next to her. "You're making me lose it with your legs all fidgety."

"Sorry," the fourth year mumbled.

"It'll start any minute now," the girl assured.

Helena could have not had better timing to say so.

The golden plates suddenly went back to its spotless usual self and that's when the whole hall became silent at once, knowing the time they had all been waiting for was about to start. Dumbledore got up from his seat and cleared his throat to speak. Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as everyone. Ludo Bagman was smiling and waving at the crowd excitedly, and Mr. Crouch didn't seem bothered by the situation, having no expression at all.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber," he indicated the door behind the staff table, "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He proceeded to take out his wand and with one swift flick of it, he extinguished the fire from the candles and only left the ones that were inside the carved pumpkins that decorated the Great Hall.

The waiting was killing everyone.

"Any second now," Lee Jordan whispered nervously.

Helena had to clench on the hem of her skirt because the tension of the moment was getting on her nerves.

Fred apparently took notice of this and held her hands to help her calm.

"It will be okay," he reminded her.

Helena nodded, taking a deep breath and turning back at the direction of the goblet which had bright red flames coming out of it followed by some sparks, then the flame spitted a burned piece of parchment out in the air.

Everyone gasped collectively.

Dumbledore caught the paper, holding it up next to the flames, which had now turned blue-white again, so he could read it better.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

The hall rumbled with applause and cheers as they congratulated the first champion.

"No surprises there!" said Ron, clapping loudly at the Quidditch player.

Viktor Krum got up from his seat at the Slytherin table and walked over to where the Professors were standing and got greeted by his headmaster.

"Bravo, Viktor! Knew it had to be you!" yelled Igor Karkaroff, loud enough so everyone could hear him.

Viktor Krum then disappeared into the room they have been signaled to enter.

"Psst... pssst!"

Helena could hear someone.

"Psst... Miss Rosemund, my dear!"

It was Professor Trewlawney standing by the side of the room, not too far from where Helena was with her friends.

The applause soon died and so did the noise around the room. They were ready to meet the next champion.

Helena let go of Fred's hand immediately, wondering why the Divination's professor would be calling for her at a moment like this, and walked up to her. No one but Fred and George seemed to notice what was happening with their friend.

The flames turned red again and parchment got shot out from them.

"Professor," said Helena having no clue what seemed to be the matter, "is everything alright?"

"My dear, I have some news and I honestly don't know when it's best to share..."

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

"It's her, Ron!" Helena heard Harry yell as the girl with silver hair walked up to the front.

Helena turned to focus again to the Divination's professor, trying to make sense of the need to share this new information at this precise moment.

"Miss Rosemund," Professor Trewlawney continued worriedly, "I made contact with a fellow Seer I haven't talked to in a few years, just to get one last opinion on your case. This may sound unnecessary information to you just now, but, my dear... there's something you need to know."

The girl grew tense at once, her body stiffening on the spot.

The applause and the cheers that had erupted for Fleur Delacour began to quiet down as everyone gave one last look at the Goblet of Fire to announce the last champion.

"She had the same vision you described but did not know who she had a vision about," Professor Trewlawney said quietly and with concern. "This means you had a real vision. You are indeed a Seer!"

Complete silence.

But not the one coming from the Great Hall.

Helena simply could not hear anything for a few seconds, then whatever she heard sounded muffled and distorted.

Shock.

What is happening?

"And the Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" 

.

.

.

.

.

a/n Hi everyone!! Hope you're liking the story so far :) please like and comment, I always read the comments!

From here now on, Goblet of Fire will have a few changes on my story. Good or bad, we'll see... muahaha!

Love you and thanks for reading!! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722 3 46
(FINISHED BUT NOT EDITTED) Preview: "...just shove off mate!" Fred said, face to face with Credric. He looked over at Winnie and she had fainted comp...
1M 31.5K 200
***Completed*** 337k words **Some 18+ content! consider this your official warning!** When Violet steps onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time...
146K 4.9K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series • • sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] • slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
60.6K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...