kryptonian, harry potter

By yazzahazard

✿ In which old friends reunite ✿ 【Harry Potter x Fem OC】 【Post-war】 More

Kara
1. James Sirius Potter
2. Zor-El
3. Private Life
4. Unfulfilled
5. Closure
6. Six Years Old
7. Happy Harry
8. Pancakes for Breakfast
9. James' Day
10. Cinderella
11. Best Friend
13. Rogan's Wedding
14. Old Times

12. Kal-El

1.2K 83 66
By yazzahazard

TWELVE

You don't have to be super to be someone's hero

Kara's eyes lingered longer to Harry as he was eating his cinnamon roll. How could someone look so attractive while eating? she thought.

Spending time together in her cafe, the two continued to finish their work with the company of one another, shooing out the amount of pressure that was holding them down.

Kara however enjoyed them in some way because at least she was doing something she loved. On the other hand, Harry was miserable. He thought about quitting multiple times but what would he do?

Sure he would be settled long term with the amount of money he currently has but living without a purpose made your life dull and he wanted nothing more than to feel even more miserable than he already was.

But what if he was really unhappy? He had lived his life down in the dump for most of his life, couldn't he at least live the life he wanted now?

Everything was coming together, Kara, James, even Hermione, and Ron were coming home soon. Except for his work.

"I might quit being an Auror," Harry confessed to Kara.

Kara put down her muggle pen and cocked an eyebrow at him. "Why is that?"

And right then, he spilled his guts to her. How he felt it wasn't meant for him, how he still highly disliked the ministry, how he knew he was meant to do something more.

Kara listened to him intently, not missing a second from his words.

Once he was finished, she smiled gently at him. "What do you enjoy, Harry?"

"I don't know," he replied, shrugging. "I like to cook and play quidditch."

"You can open a restaurant or try out for a quidditch team," she suggested.

"First one is tempting but I don't think I'm that skillful. Second option is less tempting because I hate attention because being a quidditch player means that you'll be widely known, am I correct?"

"Of course, Harry," she replied amusedly.

"And quidditch is Ginny's thing. I really don't want to come across her in a match or something," he shuddered.

Kara frowned, lost in her thoughts until the corner of her lips twitched upwards and her eyes widened.

"You like teaching, are you not?" she asked, with a mischievous look, painting an up to no good face, making him think of the worst.

"Yes?" he answered, more like a question to himself.

"Be a teacher! Maybe you can be a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You know who is gone, I'm sure the place isn't jinxed anymore."

"I don't want to go back to Hogwarts, remember? At least not for a long period of time."

"Oh." Her shoulders dropped, just for a second before her eyes perked up again. "You're rich!"

"Your point?" Harry raised her eyebrows.

"Open your own school, dummy!"

"Continue." He clasped his hands together with his solemn look.

"Most children do homeschool before Hogwarts, right? Non-muggle or children who didn't grow up in the muggle world I mean. I know there's nothing wrong with it but for children whose parents are busy or want to have friends, do many fun activities with their peers, they can go to your school! Human interaction is a vital part of growing up. Not to mention, you can fully prepare them for Hogwarts so they would be ready when their letters came.

"You could also offer summer classes for muggle-borns who just got their letter, introducing them to the wizarding world so they wouldn't be completely lost like I was. The summer classes could be offered as well for Hogwarts students who are struggling with their school."

Harry gaped at her, completely lost at words as she kept rambling passionately about this school proposal she had for him to start. He could tell this was something Kara probably had in mind but couldn't do at the moment. This sounded like something Kara would do.

"That's a great — really great idea, Kara," he said breathlessly.

"I know right! You can totally do it!"

"Do you want to do it?"

"Well, do you want to do it? You can teach Harry. Like Dumbledore's Army!" Kara beamed.

"Let's do it. Together," he suggested.

"Together?" she furrowed her eyebrow.

"Yeah. This was your idea, am I correct?"

"Well yes, but I have my own thing now. I have my café, my classes. That idea was for you."

"Doesn't feel right to do it on my own. Besides you can expand your writing and reading class, Kara," Harry told her.

"You know. . . friends being business partners always ended up badly. I don't want us to be like that," said Kara gloomily.

"Well, they're not Harry and Kara. And you know what's the difference between us and them? Our goal is to educate them, not to exploit them for our own benefit, for money."

"Yes." Kara nodded. "That is true."

"We can do it, Kara," he beamed. "Let's do it."

"Do you really want to do it with me?"

"I'd want to do anything with you." He smiled fondly at her.

When Kara informed the news to her family and friends, they were completely ecstatic by the idea. She was still a bit hesitant about it, afraid it would ruin her relationship with Harry but she knew nothing could ever come in between them.

As her relationship got closer with Harry, she became more inseparable with him — and James.

James was officially infected with the Brie's obsession with superhero comics. His favorite was superman and he had been calling himself Kal-El for the past few weeks — more like Kawew.

With a surprise in her tote bag, Kara rang the doorbell of the Potter house.

"Wait Kawa," James told Kara from behind the door. "Dada! Kawa here!"

After a couple of ruffling noises, the door opened, showing the sight of the two Potters. James gave Kara a toothy grin and immediately wrapped his body around Kara's right leg.

"Hey, buddy." Kara chuckled, ruffling the toddler's hair.

"It's Kawew," James corrected her.

"Okay, Kal-El," replied Kara amusedly.

"Hey," Harry finally greeted her, bringing her for a short embrace before James decided to drag Kara to the living room.

Once they were in the living room, James pointed at the television, jumping excitedly.

"You're watching Justice League?" said Kara, looking at James with pure excitement.

James nodded eagerly.

"Come here, I have something for you." Kara patted at the seat in between her and Harry. Without a second thought, James marched towards the two adults and made himself comfortable in between them.

"What Kawa?" James beamed, eyes glimmered with anticipation.

As Kara rummaged through her bag, James looked at his father, grinning widely. "Pwesent," James whispered to Harry. The bespectacled man nodded and said, "Look," pointing at what's on Kara's hand.

"Got you a superman costume."

If James was excited before, this moment didn't even compare. He immediately snatched the still wrapped costume from Kara's grasp and ripped the packaging open. His mouth gaped the whole time when he finally saw the costume.

He stood up and did not waste a second to sprint into the bathroom.

"I hope he likes it," wished Kara.

"Hope?" Harry chuckled at her. "He already likes it!"

James then came back, strutting, with his hands on his hips, flaunting his new costume. He stood up cockily in front of the adults.

"James superman," said James.

"Even better than the actual superman," Harry complimented.

"James is the weal superman." James frowned at his father.

"Sorry, sorry, my mistake," Harry surrendered, putting his hands up.

Catching the both off guard, James tackled Kara in a hug and whispered, "Thanks Kawa," loud enough for Harry to hear as well.

"You're welcome." Kara returned his embrace.

"Kawa and James supers," beamed James.

"Yes, we are."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ ✎ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ ♡! ]

Ily and have a good day! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 23.1K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
608K 30.6K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
873K 40.5K 173
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
118K 3.5K 27
a paige bueckers story.