MaNan FF - Humesha : Book 2 [...

By WeirdFascinations

MaNan is back! After a turbulent college life, everyone is chasing their dreams and passions, while dealing w... More

Chapter 2 : Back To My Love
Chapter 3 : Endgame
Chapter 4 : Conflicts
Chapter 5 : A Lovers' Spat
Chapter 6 : Celebrations!
Chapter 7 : Embracing The Reality
Chapter 8 : Chinese Whisper
Chapter 9 : F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Chapter 10 : Man and Wife
Chapter 11 : Fireflies and Stars
Chapter 12 : A Shoulder To Cry On
Chapter 13 : Shuru Hoon Tumse Hi, Aur Khatam Bhi Tumpe Hi
Chapter 14 : My Person
Chapter 15 : MaNan, Humesha and Forever!
HUMESHA BOOK 3 OUT!!

Chapter 1 : Delhi Diaries

2.7K 154 12
By WeirdFascinations

📍Delhi

The birds in the trees were singing sweet melodies. It was a cold Delhi morning.

Aye Masakali Masakali,
Ud Matakali Matakali
Aye Masakali Masakali,
Ud Matakali Matakali
Aye Masakali Masa Masa Kali,
Ud Matakali Matakali
Aye Masakali Masakali,
Ud Matakali Matakali

A woman in her mid-twenties woke up with a smile on her face. She went to the balcony and breathed in the fresh morning air. The kids playing below waved to her and she waved back with a huge grin.

Zara Phank Jhatak Gai Dhool Atak
Aur Lachak Machak Ke Duur Bhatak
Ud Dagar Dagar Kasbe Kuche Nukkad Basti
Mein Yeah-E Yeah-E
Itdi Se Mud Ada Se Ud, Kar Le Puri Dil Ki Tamanna,
Hawa Se Jud Ada Se Ud
Purr Bhuur Bhurrr Phuurrr,
Tu Hai Heera Panna Ree

Masakali Masakali,
Ud Mataakali Mataakali
Masakali Masakali,
Ud Mataakali Mataakali

The woman went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Wearing an elegant anarkali, she brushed her hair and left it open. She wore her jhumkas. Carefully, she applied her kajal and eyeliner. She smiled as she liked the way she looked. After applying lipstick, her favourite Ruby Woo, she picked up her handbag. But before that, she joined her hands to pray to her Aiyappa.

Ghar Tera Saloni, Badal Ki Colony
Dekhlade Thenga In Sabko Jo Udna Na Jane
Udiyo Na Dariyo Kar Manmani Manmani Manmani
Badhiyo Naa Mudiyon Kar Nadani
Udiyo Na Dariyo Kar Manmani Manmani Manmani
Badhiyo Naa Mudiyon Kar Nadani

She ran downstairs and took the blessings of the elders. Her presence always brought smiles to everyone's faces. She went to the kitchen and helped to bring the dishes to the dining table. Everyone forced her to sit down and told her not to do work and they all ate breakfast together.

Abb Than Le Muskan Le, Keh Sana Nana Na Na Na Hawa
Bas Than Le Tu Jaan Le, Keh Sana Nana Na Na Na Hawa

The woman sat in the ricksha. She enjoyed the view of the Red Fort. A smile never escaped her lips. She spotted her regular chai wala bhaiya as she stopped for a signal. He greeted her and she waved back.

Aye Masakali Masakali, Ud Mataakali Mataakali
Aye Masakali Masa Masa Kali, Masakali Masakali, Ud Matak...

She reached her destination and paid her rickshawala. She took off her shoes and entered inside. She lifted the Veena and placed it according to her comfort.

Re Re Re Re Re Re, Ra Ra Ra Ra
Hey Hey Hey Heyyy, Ho Ho Hoo Hoo

"Nandini, on time, like always."

Nandini turned around and stood up immediately.

"Guruji, good morning." She wished, after touching his feet.

"Good morning Nandini. Car main aa jaati na, rickshaw kyun?" Guruji asked.

"It's my last day here ...mujhe bas fresh air chahiye tha." Nandini said sheepishly.

"Okay okay. Riyaaz shuru karte hai."

-----

📍Mumbai

"Excellent presentation, son. They were impressed. I can already visualize your success."

"Thanks dad. I am glad I can make you proud." The young man replied.

The father hugged him and patted his shoulder.

"Good job Manik. Get back to me with the updates about the Mehra's deal."

"Okay Dad. See you." Manik replied.

He looked at the empty conference room. After a week of hard work, he finally cracked the deal. He sat on one of the chairs and unlocked his phone.

"Come back soon, Nandu. I miss you so much." Manik said, tracing his screen. The wallpaper had his and Nandini's picture together.

After some time, he got up and walked into his cabin, where many files were kept for him to work on. He got back to his busy life, keeping his thoughts about Nandini aside.

-----

Nandini waited for a rickshaw, as soon as she got done for the day. A bike stopped in front of her.

"As usual, your ride is here, madam."

Nandini rolled her eyes.

"Kitna drama karte ho?"

Nandini said, sitting on the bike.

"So, last day huh?"

"Maddy...don't keep reminding me. It's bittersweet. I am sad about leaving this place, but I am happy I can go back to Mumbai and meet my loved ones." Nandini explained.

"Yeah...so...what about dinner now? Last day hai, zaroori hai." Madhyam asked.

"Okay, that's great. Kahan jaaye?" Nandini asked.

"Leave that to me." Madhyam said and handed her the helmet.

Madhyam parked the bike outside a luxurious restaurant. Nandini got down and gasped.

"Madhyam, yahan pe?" Nandini asked.

"Haan. Special occasion hai na. Chal ab." Madhyam held Nandini's hand and walked inside. Nandini found it weird that a table was already reserved for them.

They settled down and Madhyam asked for the menu. Nandini ordered her favourites and they waited for their food.

"Plans kya hai ab?" Nandini asked Madhyam.

"Kya plans?"

"Life main." Nandini said.

"Dad ko business main help, aur kya?" Madhyam said, fidgeting.

Nandini noticed Madhyam's vibe. He was up to something. The food arrived and they ate to their heart's content.

"What's with this restaurant though? You are not into such stuff na." Nandini asked, as they finished their food.

"You are right. You know me well." Madhyam said with a grin.

"Of course I do!"

"Nandini...hum bachpan main kitne close the...we were literally stuck to each other." Madhyam said.

"Yeah, but where are you going with this?" Nandini asked, really puzzled.

"Yeah, wait. Remember, I didn't meet you before I left for Delhi."

"Yeah, because you were a jerk! Who does that?" Nandini said.

"Yeah...a jerk who loved you." Madhyam confessed.

"Wh-what?" Nandini stammered.

"Yeah. I loved you then, so it was hard for me to say goodbye. I just left. It took me a while to move on, but I did. Until that day, five years ago. Musicana main hum phir mile." Madhyam went on. He failed to notice the paleness on Nandini's face.

"Gradually, the feelings that were suppressed, rose as I saw you again. It took me one year to finally accept that I still love you." Madhyam said.

Nandini stared at him without any expression. Madhyam placed his hand on her hands, when she reacted by pulling her hand away gently.

"Madh-"

"I know...I know why you are hesitant, but just think about it. We are perfect together. Our love for the same kind of music, our connected careers, our connected families-"

"Stop. Don't say another word." Nandini said, choking on her own tears.

"Nandini please-" Madhyam tried to say but Nandini got up and left the restaurant. She struggled to look for a rickshaw when Madhyam reached.

"Nandini, meri baat toh suno!" Madhyam requested.

"Baat sunoon? Tum pagal ho gaye ho Madhyam! You know I can't love you back!"

"Why? Why can't you?"

"You fool, I am in love with Manik, my boyfriend of 6 years. 6 YEARS! We love each other. Do we look like a joke to you?" Nandini asked.

"I don't-"

"Keep it to yourself. Thanks for this dinner, oh wait, it was a date, wasn't it?"

"Nandini..."

"Madhyam, you really shouldn't have done this. Why did you give any hope to Soha? She loved you." Nandini said.

"I just wanted to be around you."

"That's messed up." Nandini said bluntly, as she looked for a rickshaw.

"Please let me take you home. We live under the same roof and it's too late." Madhyam said.

"Fine." Nandini agreed as it was 9:30 PM and she really didn't want to take a risk. The ride back home was awkward and no one spoke.

Madhyam's mother opened the door and let them in.

"Nandu, kuch khayegi?" She asked affectionately.

"No aunty. We had dinner already. Goodnight." Nandini wished and hurried to her bedroom, avoiding eye contact.

"Kya hua usey?" Madhyam's grandmother asked him.

"Kuch nahi, thak gayi hai vo." Madhyam made up something and went to his bedroom, to deal with his heartbreak.

-----

Nandini changed into her nightclothes and called Manik. It was switched off. She tried calling but there was no response.

"I can't tell Manik, or he'll literally bury him alive. Aiyappa! Yeh kaise situation main daal diya aapne?" Nandini cursed her luck. Suddenly her phone rang.

"Manik!" She gasped. But no, it was her dear brother.

"Di, hey!" Rishabh greeted.

"Hi Ri, what's up?" Nandini asked, trying to be normal.

"Kuch hua kya?" Rishabh asked, sensing the discomfort in Nandini's voice.

"Vo...Madhyam proposed." Nandini said.

Over the years, Rishabh and Nandini became closer. Rishabh knew he could trust his sister with everything and he made sure Nandini is updated about his life everyday. Nandini did the same. They shared everything with each other.

"What?! For marriage?!" Rishabh asked, startled.

"No no! Just for a relationship." Nandini said. Thank god Madhyam didn't asked her to marry him. Manik would eat him alive.

"Di, does Manik know?"

"No! Abhi hua yeh. An hour ago. Ri, I can't wait to come to Mumbai. I think I should've listened to Manik. Bola tha usne, don't stay with the Singhania's."

"Haan lekin Amms was adamant that you live in a safe environment for 6 months."

"Yeah. Which is fine. But I feel so awkward. Thank god I have a morning flight." Nandini said, packing her bag.

"Aap Manik ko batane wale ho? Rishabh asked.

"I don't know. I am going to meet him after 6 months, Ri ...agar main usey yeh sab bataungi, he'll be angry. I really don't want to piss him off." Nandini expressed her concerns.

"Aap sochlo ...it should not come and bite you in the ass later." Rishabh said candidly.

"I hope it doesn't." Nandini said, even though she didn't really think there won't be any consequences.

-----

Nandini woke up and saw Manik's text, he had called her at 2 AM, like the idiot he was.

*sorry babe, Cabir had come over for drinks. Can't wait to see you<3*

Nandini smiled and texted him the arrival time of her flight. After that, she got ready to go back home. It was 5 AM and she had to leave in an hour. She locked her suitcase and walked downstairs.

"Aap sab uth kyu gaye? Itni jaldi?" Nandini asked, as all of them were drinking tea.

"Arre, tu jaa rahi hai, bye toh bolna padega na." Madhyam's grandmother said.

"That's so sweet Dadi!" Nandini smiled. She could feel Madhyam's gaze on her.

"Yeh le, mere haath ki chai!" Madhyam's mother, Raina offered.

"Thanks aunty." Nandini said politely and drank the tea.

"Excited for the album?" Madhyam's father, Harsh asked.

"Yes!" Nandini laughed and replied.

"Tu Mumbai jaa rahi hai, ghar khaali khaali lagegi ab." Raina said, placing her hand on Nandini's shoulder.

"Aap bhi aao na Mumbai." Nandini said.

"Sure! Harsh aur main soch hi rahe the....dekhte hai. Madhyam toh aata jaata rehta hai." Raina said. Nandini smiled and talked to everyone except Madhyam.

-----

"Saaley! Uth!"

"Ouch! Mannnnnikkk!"

"Chilla mat!" Manik shouted.

"Tu chilla mat!"

Manik sighed and made coffee.

"Yeh kaisa tarika hai kisi ko uthane ka?"

"Cabir, tujh jaise janwaron ko aise hi uthaate hai." Manik replied.

"Time kya hai?" Cabir asked.

"9."

"Airport nahi jaa raha hai?"

"Jaaunga na. Time hai. Flight 11:30 ko hi land hoga." Manik said.

"Achha okay. Kaisa lag raha hai hai tujhe?" Cabir asked.

"About?"

"Nandini coming back after 6 months. First time itne mahine alag rahe ho tum dono." Cabir said, sipping his coffee after brushing his teeth.

"First and last time bro. Not letting her go away like this again." Manik said.

"Majnu hai tu ek number ka!"

"Shut up. These 6 months were shitty yaar. We couldn't even celebrate our anniversary." Manik said.

"Toh abhi leke jaa usko kahin." Cabir suggested.

"Soch raha hun. But she needs to spend time with her family too."

"Go to Mangalore and meet Amms. Best idea hai." Cabir said.

"Yeah, I think so. Tu bata tera kya? I saw you smiling at your phone last night." Manik asked with a sly smile.

"Tu acting kyu kar raha hai? Seedha puch le na." Cabir said.

"Bol na tu."

"So....I met this guy the last time when I went to Canada." Cabir said.

"Canadian? Wow Cabir."

"Indian origin bro. Firangi nahi." Cabir said.

"Interesting. Tell me more." Manik asked.

"Zyada nahi hai bolne ke liye. We've been talking, that's it. Things aren't serious yet."

"Do you think it will get serious?" Manik asked.

"Maybe...maybe not. Kaafi long distance hai." Cabir shrugged.

"It shouldn't matter." Manik said.

"Bhai tu chup reh. Nandini Delhi kya chali gayi, pure ek hafte munh fulaakar baitha tha." Cabir said.

"It's different."

"No it isn't. Let's see Manik...iske baare main baad main soch lenge." Cabir said.

Manik nodded. He knew Cabir likes to keep his love life under wraps.

-----

Author's note -

So here goes chapter 1! This book also contains 15 chapters and the updates should technically be daily, but I may be discharged tomorrow and all my work which was previously on hold will resume, so let's see!

Next chapter - MaNan reunite after six months💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 25.9K 47
Hey guys... This is the first time I am writing a story I am writing a story on manan 8 years everything changed for two best frnds What will happen...
387K 31.4K 50
no description ☺☺☺ continuation of Life with my Knight. Read the first book to continue this
384K 22.9K 50
Manik and Nandini are absolute strangers but destined to marry. Manik Malhotra is CEO of Malhotra industries and Nandini murty is one of the leading...
222K 22K 44
Two people. Their tale after they bump into each other after nine years. One is back for a wedding. The other is where the one had left him years bef...