Solstice Souls

De edzooc8r

Two famous clans of the Cultivational world, forever at odds because of a curse, are trapped in a war they ca... Mai multe

Bedtime Story
Birthday Present
Searching for Someone
Best Of The Best
Proving His Worth
Adversaries
Invitation
Dinner Guests
Shenanigans of a Drunken Jade
The Duel of Duals
Deepest Desires
Awestruck A-Ying
Hidden Agendas
Sword Seduction
Of Swords and Other Blades
Family Reunion
War of Words
Forbidden Love
Broken Jade
The Blame Game
Two-legged Beasts
Nightmarish Hunt
Creatures of the Night
Seeking Judgement
Mist Covered Paths
A Son's Duty
All Kinds of Thirst
Medicinal Magic
Under The Moonlight
Visiting Friends
Thieves of Time
The Key To Their Hearts
Soul Searching
Fated Sons
Fortune and Faith
The Verdict
Lessons in Love
First Introductions
Nurturing and Lotus Flowers
A Broken Brotherhood
Of Sound Heart and Mind
Punishment
Insights and Monsters
A Healing Touch
Confessions of the Heart
Understand
Dreamers of the Day
Mother Knows Best
A Spanner (Wrench) in the Works
A Promise to Protect
Home Is Where The Heart Is
Truth or Dare
Shattered Trust
The Grand Tour
Cloak And Dagger
Know Your Enemy
Waterfalls
Love Is Blind
Weapons, Words, and Worship
Three Beasts, Three Tests, One Truth
Harmony From Discord
The Truth of the Past
Tales of the Past
The Story of Soulmates Past
When the Past Meets the Present
And So The Plot Thickens
Solstice Souls 2: Black Fire, White Flame

Wanting, Needing

1.8K 208 113
De edzooc8r

Wei Ying POV

Wei Ying felt the warm body under his and snuggled in closer against it. He moaned deeply when the arms around him tightened. The scent of sandalwood had him cocooned in an invisible blanket he wanted to wrap himself in for the rest of his life.

Home.

Yes. This felt like home. Safe. Warm. Loving.

But suddenly, his home shoved him away. The grogginess that held him down before lifted and Wei Ying cracked open his eyes to two jades looking at him. He yawned and scratched the side of his head. His face and body contorted into a tense stretch that finished with a loud groan of release.

"Good morning, Master Zewu-jun." he said as he rolled his head over his shoulders to crack his stiff joints.

He saw the accusatory look in the older jade's eyes as the man looked at both Wei Ying and Lan Wangji who was now standing before his brother. Wei Ying crawled out of bed and tried to quickly determine his course of action.

Should he play the helpless victim?

Or would taking the innocent approach work?

There was always the 'devil in disguise' option.

As he watched Hanguang-jun's eyes skip around the room trying to fathom what had happened, fear and confusion shadowing his handsome face, Wei Ying realized that the younger Jade had no memory of their night together. A big part of him was drenched in relief. His secret was still safe.

Yet another part of him, the part that wanted their dance to be something more, was saddened. And that part of him spoke louder than any other.

Protect him.

He heard those words again. So he granted his struggling jade mercy. To Zewu-jun, Wei Ying played the innocent (okay, maybe not TOTALLY innocent) man to protect Lan Wangji's unblemished character. He was not someone who enjoyed seeing others suffer. So, he put himself between the First Jade's anger and disappointment and the man who called to his soul.

After Lan Xichen left the room, however, Wei Ying simply could not stop himself from teasing the uptight jade. Watching the man's pale skin take on a soft pink glow excited him more than words could describe. His insides smoldered every time those golden eyes met his playful silver ones and he wanted to feel that again and again.

"See you on the battlefield!" he teased one final time before the bright white robes disappeared down the hall.

This is going to be so much fun.

****************************************************************

"Damn it's cold!" Wei Ying grumbled to himself. "I can barely feel my fingers!"

He breathed warm air into his cupped hands and frantically rubbed his forearms trying to get his blood flowing. His family hadn't thought to bring warm clothes because they were only supposed to be here for the day. Not stuck in Gusu overnight. Of course, it was all HIS fault and he was feeling that guilt weighing heavily on his heart.

As he neared the field, he began to hear the crowd. What he failed to hear were the approaching footsteps made silent by the soft carpet of pine needles. He jumped and swung his arm out, catching his father right in the chest.

"Umph!" the older man grunted.

"Baba! I'm so sorry!" Wei Ying yelled. He wrapped his arms around his father and hugged him tightly. His mother came up behind him and they enjoyed a family embrace putting all their hearts at ease.

"Where have you been, A-Ying?" Cangse Sanren scolded under soft sobs. "We thought you were captured."

"Aiya, mama. I'm so sorry for making you worry."

"It's alright, son. You're here. You're alive. And now, we can go home." Wei Ying's father said cheerfully.

Wei Ying released his hold on his dad and backed away from his parents slowly.

"A-Ying, what's wrong? Did they do something to you? Did they threaten you? Do they know who you are?" His mother's frightened words sent pricks of pain through his heart.

"No no no!" he replied, pulling her into another full hug. "It's just......"

"You don't have to fight him, Wuxian. We can just leave. No one will know." Wei Changze explained plainly.

"I can't." Wei Ying answered, looking down at his mother, the one who would understand him just by looking into his eyes. "I don't know why, but my heart is telling me I have to go through with this. Please, stay hidden until it's over. I've got this!"

He looked between his parents and saw the approval he needed to see in their soft gazes. When his mother's arms glided away, Wei Ying felt their loss.

"I love you both. I'll see you soon. I promise."

He smiled his little boy smile, kissed them both on their chilled cheeks, and ran towards the sound of the growing crowd.

***************************************************

Wei Ying walked onto the field, his feet bouncing in rhythm with his heart. He looked around for his parents and found them keeping to the back of the immense crowd. He gave them a pressed smile before turning to Hanguang-jun. The man was breathtaking. And Wei Ying was ready for him.

"Are we going to stand around all day, or are we going to get to it?" Wei Ying bellowed.

He was tired of waiting. His body hummed with excitement. His sword was also humming with its master's anticipation to clash swords with a blade worthy of his skill. Wei Ying fidgeted from side to side, swinging Suibian in an attempt to loosen his still cold muscles.

"Give it your best shot, Hanguang-jun!" he shouted gleefully. He had hoped to get a reaction out of the cold jade but when the other's face remained stoic, Wei Ying decided to have some fun to lighten the mood.

His eyes twinkled with deviousness. With a faint side grin, he puckered his full lips, brought his right hand up to his mouth, and blew the angry jade a kiss.

Got ya'!

Wei Ying couldn't miss Lan Wangji's crimson ears and a giggle tickled his throat. Lan Wangji's attack was blindingly quick, almost catching Wei Ying off guard. He could see the outrage building inside the young man. Each strike was powerful. Each jab aimed with exquisite precision.

Wei Ying's heart raced. His prayers had been answered. This stunning man was his match in every way. Their steps were those of a dangerous dance only they could hear the music to. Their graceful moves were those of two souls bound as one. The adrenaline coursing through Wei Ying's body set him on fire.

More.

He wanted more.

He NEEDED..........more!

When he found himself in Lan Wangji's unrelenting grip, Wei Ying inhaled the sandalwood aphrodisiac pouring off in waves from the jade's sweating body. His eyes focused on the pair of half open lips that lay directly across from his.

And he kissed them.

Hanguang-jun shoved Wei Ying away from him with his pure core energy sending the shocked trickster flying back through the air. Wei Ying landed with the agility of a cat a few feet away. He tasted the saltiness that he knew tainted his own mouth and licked his lips.

"You taste so sweet, Hanguang-jun." Wei Ying heckled.

The pissed off jade attacked without mercy. His powerful energy charging the air around him.  Wei Ying's eyes widened at the ferocity of Lan Wangji's blade. This was no longer a friendly match. With every slash of Hanguang-jun's sword, Wei Ying realized he was no match for a possessed Second Jade. His arms began to burn with fatigue and his legs lost their footing.

He looked over at Lan Wangji's brother, hoping to see a sign that he would stop the fight. But fear seized him when he realized Lan Xichen was no longer a future clan leader, but a man silently cheering his baby brother on to win.

To prove that no one was better. To crush the man who had brought shame to his precious little family.

Wei Ying gulped. He looked into Hanguang-jun's golden eyes now rimmed with rage. Until now, he had held back. He had wanted this fight to be about their skill. Not their power. But, if he wanted to live to see his parents again, Wei Ying had no choice. He just prayed that Lan Wangji would not sense the difference in his core compared to other cultivators.

Wei Ying glanced over at his parents whose faces were ghostly white. He gave them a soft smile and an unnoticeable nod. And they answered with ones of their own.

"Hanguang-jun." he said through clenched teeth. "I thought we were friends."

Lan Wangji growled at him and snarled, "Not.....friends. You're.......shameless!"

The jade barreled down on Wei Ying who tripped over a small rock on the ground and went stumbling to the ground. When Lan Wangji charged towards him, Wei Ying closed his eyes. That gave him the second he needed.

Hanguang-jun paused. He looked down at the man sitting on the ground who seemed to accept his fate so willingly. When Wei Ying opened his eyes, he saw those beautiful golden eyes widen with shock. He knew what the other man was seeing, his throat tightening in regret that their fight had to become something more. Something no longer based on technique and wit but of raw power.

Wei Ying leapt forward onto his feet and struck at Lan Wangji's chest with a deep jab of his sword. The jade blocked his attack but was obviously caught off guard. His swings were awkward and unsure which Wei Ying took full advantage of.

He let his unconventional energy flow through him, giving new life to his fight. His sword danced with Hanguang-jun's blade as sparks flew around them. Wei Ying could hear the crowd surrounding them cheering and gasping but held his power in check. He didn't need anyone knowing his "other" secret considering he still wasn't sure his first one was still his.

Their battle would be one for the ages. It would be something storytellers and songwriters passed down for ages to come. Every person present would tell future generations how they had witnessed the two most powerful cultivators of their time fight to a draw because neither one was willing to surrender.

Exhausted to the brink of collapse, both men stood gasping in the middle of the field.  Both too spent to raise their swords.

His hands on his knees, Wei Ying's body heaved as he took large gulps of air into his burning lungs. He glanced over at Lan Wangji and saw the jade was in the same condition he was. Sweat poured off their faces, drenching their hair and robes.

The crowd had fallen silent. Wei Ying heard footsteps approaching and realized it was time to go.

"Thank you, Hanguang-jun." he said and bowed deeply.

"For what?" Lan Wangji growled sharply.

Wei Ying moved closer until he was staring directly into the jade's golden orbs. He took in the sight before him one last time. Unshed tears glistened in his tired grey eyes.

"For being you."

Wei Ying turned his head to the side and placed a soft kiss on the youngest jade's lips, swiping his tongue along the thin space between them for a stolen taste. Pulling back, he smiled his bright bunny smile before running into the crowd that parted then closed behind him.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

139K 7K 43
*completed* What if after 10 years of their marriage Wei Ying died. Having no golden core he cannot live long with his husband Lan Zhan. Devastated...
112K 7.9K 29
[First place winner Eunoia Awards WangXian category July 2021] After being apart for years, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying are reunited, finally starting thei...
36.9K 2.2K 52
MDZS Fanfic Wei Ying was left behind unintentionally by his parents, he been long living in the street of Yilling that he no longer sees himself capa...
244K 14.5K 24
[YiZhan fanfiction | COMPLETED] With his good looking face, you surely will turn your head just to follow him. A King in his own castle, slaying you...