Myth Breaker

By LauraTWrites

š“•š“Ŗš“¶š“²š“µš”‚ š““š“øš“®š“¼š“·'š“½ š“”š“·š“­ š“²š“· š“‘š“µš“øš“øš“­ Morgan is sent to live with her grandmother at a college in... More

AUTHOR NOTE & CHARACTERS
01|
02|
03|
04|
04| Sunlight
05| Myths
06| Tension Filled Lunch
07| Ruined Promises
08| The Truth in Myths
09| Homines Nocturni
10| Removal of Rose Colored Glasses
11| Girl in the Woods
12| Fear is Useless
13| Hard-Hitting Truths
14| Defending & Protection Against Supernatural Harm
15| Private Lessons
16| The Trees Have Eyes
17| Pack Meeting
19| More Than Magical Sparks
20| The Unknown
21| Late Night Rendezvous
22| Storm Awakening
23| School Assemblies
24| Hospital Beds & Dark Pasts
25| Horrid Pasts
26| Night in Westtown Peaks
27| All Roads Lead Back to Hell
28| A Barrier Blocking Us
29| An Awkward Conversation
30| Into the Darkest Shadows
|| Author Note ||
31 | The Greatest Sacrifice
32 | Foggy Crystal Globes
33 | Midnights Darkness
34 | Everything Comes to A Head
|| Epilogue ||

18| Right Decision, Wrong Moment

864 57 19
By LauraTWrites

LUCIANS POV

We head out of the forest in an almost line, me bringing in the front besides Morgan and just slightly behind us Cedric, watching our backs. I try to keep my eyes ahead watching the trees as we make our way towards the school and the sounds of other teenagers laughing but my eyes keep on straying over to Morgan, the red color of her hair seeming to set the forest on fire around us with each swing. I can't help the smile from spreading onto my face even as she turns to me with a glare. She's beautiful, too beautiful and so filled with fire and burning that even though I know I will get burned from her I don't care. I don't mind the heat, I think watching the way her eyes can't seem to stay on my face and slowly slide down to my bare chest. It sends a hum of approval through my body and I hope she can't hear the way my wolf is practically purring from the way her eyes watch me. When her eyes find mine again I send her a wink. It doesn't break through her glare.

Morgan rolls her eyes at me before turning her head back to the front just as we step out of the cool forest air and into the shining sun. It doesn't change the temperature much but I can feel the hopeful sun trying to shine on my chest. I blink past the slightly too bright light and into the grounds of the school. A gasp comes from beside me, Morgan, as she notices every single eye in the fields today turning to look at us. Most of their expressions are too far away to see what they're thinking but I know even without the werewolf heightened vision.

Because while it's not unusual for the wolves and witches to talk and interact it is practically against everything we know for a wolf to invite and initiate a witch into the pack. My worry fills my stomach and a frown settles my mouth downwards.

Was this a mistake? I ask myself, this might change things too quickly, it might ruin the small foundation that Annie and this school have put down for all supernatural beings. The vampires might see this as a threat to them and then we will be thrown into a war so unnecessary and stupid but ultimately all my fault.

My eyes turn ready to tell Morgan that it was a mistake to let my fears and worries cloud my judgment and make me the small puppet in this awkward in-between of wars but then my eyes find Morgan with that steady glare still on her face as she looks at every single student on the lawn. She glares at them down, she doesn't regret or change her mind. She makes sure everyone here knows that she's made her decision and she's sticking to it.

My frown lifts, getting Morgan to join the pack - either officially or unofficially - was the right decision and I will stick by it every step of the way.

Feeling proud I look over at Cedric wondering if he's thinking the same thing about our decision but his eyes aren't on me or the crowd there watching Morgan and I know the look inside his eyes, complete and utter awe at the woman in front of him. I've never seen him look at anything like this before and with a crack, something pushes down hard in my chest. I've felt it so many times that I don't even need to think about it, guilt pushes heavy in my chest right up against my heart.

I open my mouth ready to say something, anything to obliviate this feeling but nothing comes out. I watch helplessly as the pair stand there. I welcome the interruption as one of the smaller members of the pack comes rushing over to us. I turn with a sigh.

"Lucian." The boy calls me before he even gets anywhere near us. I wave at him but I feel awkward doing it and I regret it instantly. My hand falls to my side.

"What's wrong, Ethan?" I ask when he finally stops in front of me, his eyes look at Morgan probably sensing or already hearing her new place in the pack. He smiles and nods his head towards her before turning to me.

"Mr. Hunt asked me to get you from your workout. The meeting is about to begin." He's just slightly out of breath so I know he ran all the way from the offices inside the main building. I sigh before patting him on the shoulder.

"Alright, thank you, Ethan." He smiles up at me and I think he's about to turn and rush away just as quickly as he arrived but instead he turns to Morgan. My breath catches as I wait for him to open his mouth.

"I'm happy to have someone different in the pack." His voice is small as he looks at her, probably because the glare had rightened itself back onto her face, now slowly sliding off of it. "I hope we learn a lot from you and that .... Well, that we might be able to help you as well."

His words are so kind that my mouth swings open in shock. I didn't think any of the pack would approve my decision. I mean if Mila and the girls were any indications of what I was going to face but here he was Ethan, just 14 years old and more mature than most. My smile comes onto my face and I clap him on the back.

"Uhh ... Thank you." Morgan stammers out and he flashes her a white smile and spins on his heels.

"Bye." He shouts before rushing towards another entrance into the forest and probably towards his friends.

I turn back to the others and Cedric is smiling towards where the boy went.

"So at least one person is on our side." He says with a little humor behind the words, when Morgan turns to him he sends her a wink.

"Now the question is will others?" I say it under my breath but Morgan turns her stunning eyes on me, a confused look on her face.

"Is that why you're being called to the office?" I smile at her, stepping closer to her.

"Not everything is about you sweetheart, this is about something much bigger than you joining the school pack. You should watch your back." I wink at her and straighten up. Me and Cedric leave a confused-looking Morgan as we walk towards the ivy bricks just over the hill.

~~~~

I wish this meeting was about Morgan, then I would be able to plead my case and would have actually been listened to instead it's for something much worse. Cedric and I walk into the school from the back entrance, stopping to grab the shirts we left and putting them on before moving through the hallways of the school.

We don't head towards Mr. Hunt's office in the basement or Annies office on the tallest tower instead we head for the meeting room hidden behind a statue and locked from both people and ears not invited to this meeting.

Inside we find the dark wood for the table already surrounded by the other members. Annie is sat at the head of the table while the rest of us split into sides. Mr. Hunt on one side, right beside Annie and the vampire protector, Ms. Braxton on her other. They glare at each other with hatred until Annie gives them both a stern look. They look away from each other's eyes, finally reaching us.

We take our seats beside Mr. Hunt and look over at the other side. Sitting there is the young teacher Nathaniel and beside him that annoying vampire teacher Beatrice. They both glare at us. Sitting on the edge of the other side directly opposite Annie is an outsider, a witch that works for the school but not in the school, Rhea.

She's sitting with her legs crossed waiting for us with a hard expression on her face, as soon as we sit down she sighs and stands up.

"Great, now that everyone is here we can finally begin." She gives Cedric and I a glare but we smile at her and she quickly turns away.

Rhea doesn't dislike wolves or vampires; she's just serious about her job and likes things to be the right way, the first time. Rhea is the school protector, more than Mr. Hunt or Ms. Braxton. Rhea goes out into the world, she listens to people's secrets and finds threats quicker than anyone else. Her specialty as a witch is different from most; it's not an element like others, instead, her specialty is secrets.

She stands up and immediately starts pacing the small meeting room. Instantly I tense up, knowing that whatever she has to say is going to be bad. My eyes shift over to Cedric who gives me a worried glance quickly before turning to Rhea again.

"He must have a witch working with him." She starts, never one to beat around the bush but right into the problem, "I can't catch him or any of his secrets. So I'm guessing he's hidden behind some form of magic, I have my people working on what it might be and getting me past it but it will take some time."

Ms. Braxton sighs loudly, "Not really a reason to call us all here."

Her voice draws out the words in an annoyed manner that sends a shiver down my spine like nails on a chalkboard. Rhea glares at the woman.

"That's not all." The pair have never been on good terms for all the years I've been invited to attend these meetings but lately it seems that their hatred has been building along with everything else.

"What is it, Rhae?" Annie's calming voice asks her, Rhae turns away from the vampires.

"While I can't get to him, I was able to find the secrets of those he holds close." She pauses and I pretend not to notice the way her eyes shift over to me. "He's coming. He promises to turn more wolves, to breach the school's magical locks, and to attack anyone who fights against him."

The silence in the room takes on his own life, breathing through our bodies as we all try to come to terms with the threats this man has hit us with.

My eyes flash to Lucian and the guilt triples inside me growing larger than the silence, more threatening even. His eyes are downcast, his mind running a mile a minute and his wolf howling just loud enough that I feel like I hear. Actually more like I feel the pain of the wolf trying to escape from inside of him.

My hand catches his shoulder and he looks to me, eyes turning slightly yellow but when they meet my own he blinks the shift away. A shiver down his spine before he leans backward in the chair away from me.

I turn back to the others.

"We'll increase the security measures," Annie turns to the two protectors who are already planning what they can do to help, "we'll get some of the protecting witches to come and double down the spells around the school."

Her voice stays calm and everyone around the room listens to the sound, letting it steady us until we're working again. All of us but Rhae.

"There's more." Her voice is so low that the blood drains from my face, this can't be good. "While it is just a threat, he's already growing in support. Other wolves and vampires want to end this school and what it supports. Fear is growing out there."

Her head tilts to the front of the school, people outside don't have the protection we have here. If we protect the students it leaves their families, their packs in danger.

"Whispers on both sides of vampires and werewolves have started, soon the children will be pulled out of class and back home. Away from the threat."

The words suck the last hope out of my chest and it disappears into the room like a wisp of smoke. There one moment, gone the next.

AUTHOR NOTE

Our first look into Lucian's mind and what he thinks about Morgan.

We also learn a bit more about Lucian while getting a few more questions thrown in our face, the biggest one. Why is Lucian feeling guilty?

As always if you notice any spelling, grammar, or plot problems please comment on them so that I may fix them.

Thank you for reading,

LAURA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 102 23
Morgan is a regular high school student like in most romance novels. And just like in romances, a new kid comes to school and he's amazingly hot and...
3K 145 12
DISCONTINUED AND MARKED AS COMPLETE. "You just wanted to play with my heart, was that it?" Jasmine asked. Every bit of her emotions leaked through h...
124K 3.3K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
922 55 16
Morgan Beckford had it all...Her hair a firey red, her eyes a jade green, and her body that of a super model. What more could a girl in her 20s desir...