Marked with the Love of a Wolf

By starsforever

What if your mate was in love with someone else and that was the only thing that was keeping you apart. What... More

Marked with the Love of a Wolf
Chapter 2~ Fighting with Fire
Chapter 3 ~ Packing
Chapter 4~ Moving Day
Chapter 5~ Thanksgiving...?
Chapter 6~ Visitors are not always welcome
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9~ Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 10~Breaking Up
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 ~ Bubbles
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22~ Sarah?
Chapter 23~ One Name, One Big Answer Part 1
Chapter 23 ~ Part 2
Chapter 24 ~ Some Kinda Peace
Chapter 25~ Part 1
Chapter 25~ Part 2
Chapter 27~ Trial and Error
Chapter 28~
Chapter 29~
Chapter 30~ Witches to the Limit
Chapter 31~ Party it up
Chapter 32 ~ "I"
Chapter 33 ~ Surprise
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 ~ Confused
Chapter 36 ~ Part 1
Chapter 36 ~ Part 2
Chapter 37 ~ A new Beginning

Chpater 21~ Dreams and Unanswered Questions

33.4K 466 44
By starsforever

~*~ Morgan's Dream~*~

"Mommy faster! Go faster!" I screamed.

          I was eight and I was riding on my mom's back. My mother sped up fast and I giggled with happiness. My hair whipped around in the wind and I gripped my mother's fur tighter. She had a beautiful light brown coat with blonde highlights. Her eyes were a gray blue color, but in her human form she had hazel eyes and dark brown hair that end just below her shoulders. She began to slow down and stopped in the middle of the clearing. She bent down so that I could slide off. When my feet hit the ground I ran around the clearing doing cartwheels and spinning around until I was ready to fall. My mom stood in the middle of the clearing laughing and smiling at me.

"Your head is going to fall off because of all that spinning," She told me holding her arm out for me.

          I laughed and ran into her arms. I wrapped my arms and legs around my mom. She squeezed me tight and kissed my head. I tucked my head into her neck inhaling her scent. She smelled of vanilla and sugar.

"I love you mommy," I told her.

          She pulled away so she could get a good look at me. Now, in this dream I noticed something I didn't that day. When my mother looked into my eyes the smile she had on her face didn't seem to fill her eyes all the way. They held happiness but hidden behind that was fear.

"I love you too, baby girl," She said giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Now," she said placing me down on the ground, "what do you want to do?" She asked.

I looked around the clearing and smiled.

"I want to pick flowers!" I said pulling her over to a patch of purple wild flowers.

She laughed and helped me pick out floral arrangements. We make a crown for each of us. Mine was purple and pink with hints of yellow and my mom's was blue and yellow with hints of white.                 

"Alright Princess Morgan, it is time to go," She said.

I made the puppy dog face and made little whimpering sounds.

"Can we stay just a little longer?" I asked.

I could see it on my mother's face debating whether she should let us stay or not. She smiled and nodded. I was so happy then, but now I wish that she had said no. We laid on the ground looking at the different cloud shapes and giggling.

"Now, we have to go," She said sitting up and brushing the grass off her jeans.

I got up mimicking her and she laughed. Her laughter didn't last long; however, I heard growls and footsteps. My mother turned to me and pulled me behind her. Her eyes filled with fears and she turned to me.

"Sweetheart, if I tell you to run I want you to run as fast as you can. Do you understand me?" She told me.

I nodded not knowing what was going to happen. My mother turned back around and faced the direction the noise was coming from. Suddenly, a wolf with brown fur and red eyes came out from behind the bushes.

"What are you doing here? She isn't here, Sarah isn't coming back!" My mother nearly whispered.

My mother shifted into her wolf form and stood in front of me protectively. His eyes were like poison that kills. There was no innocence in them not even an ounce of kindness was hidden in them. He circled around me and my mother with a hungry look on his face.

For some reason I found some bravery in me and yell, "Go away! We didn't do anything!"

          I mother turned her heard to me while keeping an eye on the wolf and scowled. The wolf let out a husky laugh and my mother growled at him.  It looked like they were talking and whatever they were talking about upset him and he lured at my mother.

"Mom!" I screamed but it was too late she had already jump at him, meeting him half way.                       

They rolled on the ground snapping their jaws at each other and growling. Tears streamed down my face watching my mother whimper in pain. At one point I thought she was winning but then she let out a howl. Our eyes met and hers were filled with pain. She barked and I took that as her telling me to run but I couldn't leave her. She kept on barking but the wolf dug his teeth into her neck, and threw her as if she was a rag doll. I screamed and ran to my mother's limp body. Her beautiful fur was stained and in some places had patches of skin were missing.

The wolf eyed me and something in me snapped. I charged at him and he chuckled. He shifted back into human form and I came to an immediate halt. I knew him. He was a member of my pack, Charlie Chance. He had an evil smile plastered on his face and I back away from him. I tripped on my own feet and fell to the ground. He came towards me pinning my arms to the ground.

"Let go of me! Stop! Stop please," I yelled hoping someone would hear me.

I kept on kicking and screaming but there was no use. I was weaker than him. I turned to my side meeting my mother's eyes. I could see that she was in pain seeing this happen to me.

"Mommy! Help!" I yelled her eyes closed and tears flowed out.

          Charlie chuckled. I wanted to hurt him. I wanted to kill him. He was laughing at my mom. He hurt her. He was the one making her cry.

"She can't save you beautiful. No one can," he said with a smile.

          I growled at him and he laughed. All of a sudden Charlie looked to the northern edge of the clearing. He looks down at me and then at my mother's body.

"Bye beautiful," He smiled at me, "We will be seeing each other soon." He said and ran out of the clearing.

          With my eyes filled with shock and tears, I stumbled over to my mother.

"Mommy, please open your eyes, please?" I asked shaking her shoulder.

I got no response.

"Mommy, please. Just open them. Look at me," I demanded.

          Her eyes fluttered open and I smiled.

"Mommy, it is going to be okay. I will get help," I told her but she just looked at me.

I grabbed her hand and brought it up to my face and kissed it.

"Help is coming." I told her.

"They will be here soon."

          She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. Tears ran down my cheeks when I saw her mouth 'I love you.'

"I love you too. Please don't go mommy, please," I begged but it was too late.

Her eyes drifted closed and that was the last time I saw my mother's beautiful hazel eyes.

~*~ End of Dream~*~

The scene became blurry as Tommy and the others came in trying to pry me off of my mother's dead body.

"Morgan, wake up. Wake up, Love," I heard someone calling.

I opened my eyes to see John looking at me with concerned eyes. My face was covered in sweat and tears rolled down my face. My breathing was heavy and my body was shaking.

"Oh, Morgan," John said pulling me into his arms.

I couldn't find the words to say or explain. John understood and let me cry. He rocked us back in forth trying to comfort me. I had had that dream numerous times but it was different this time. I never remembered the color of the flowers, or how her smile never reached her eyes, or that girl Sarah. I never remembered her saying that it now, but why? Why now? Who was she? How did my mother know that the wolf was Charlie? Did she know it was him?

John was quiet and rubbed small circles on my back. Every so often he would kiss my forehead and the top of my head. I don't know when I stopped crying but I know John was awake for all of it. I love him for that.

John's P.O.V  

          I was awakened by my baby shaking in my arms. Her small fragile body was trembling and her face was wet with perspiration.

"Morgan, wake up. Wake up, Love," I said trying to wake her.

          She didn't respond at first but when she opened her eyes my heart sank. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying so much.

"Oh Morgan," I said and pulled her into my arms. 

          I knew not to say anything and let her cry into me. At first I thought she was never going to stop. For once I thought she might actually be happy and not have to worry about anything. I wanted that for her. I want to be the one who worries about everything and she doesn't need to worry about anything. When her body stopped trembling I gave her little kisses on her head and forehead hoping that would calm her some more.

          After awhile her breathing went back to normal and she cuddled into my chest more. I didn't know if I should say anything but I couldn't stand not knowing what hurt her this much. I tilted her head so that I could look into her eyes and leaned my head on hers.

"Tell me about it, please?" I asked.

She stiffened and took in a breath. The only thing that made her act this way was -

"It was that night wasn't it?"

She nodded. I hate that she will have to live with that night.

"I don't like seeing you like this and I don't want to say something and make it worse, but Morgan please talk to me," I said.

          She looked at me, "John, you don't have to say anything. You just being here, holding me tells me that you care," She told me giving me on peck on the lips.

I pushed away some of her stray hairs, "I feel helpless knowing that I can't take this pain away," I told her.

Her eyes saddened, "I don't want you to hurt,"

"And I don't want you to hurt," I told her.

I held her face in my hands forcing her to look at me.

"Please tell me,"

She gulped and nodded.    

She told me how her and her mom spent that day and how Arianna seemed to have known it was Charlie. She told me how they fought and what Charlie said to her. A few times she stopped and took a breath trying not to cry again.

"I forgot some of the things about that day and in this . . . this dream it felt so . . . so real. I can't explain it but some of the things she said . . . I don't even remember her saying it or why she even said it," she said confused.

I was confused, "What do you mean? What did she say?" I asked.

"She said 'Sarah isn't coming back',"

"Who is Sarah?"

"I don't know," She said shaking her head.

I pulled her to me once more, "We will find out who she is, why your mother knew her, and anymore unanswered questions," I promised her.

          A little smile appeared on her lips and she moved closer to me. I gave her a kiss and looked at the clock. It was 5 in the morning and my mother would be getting up soon to make breakfast for everyone.

"You hungry?" I asked her.

She thought about it for a little bit and nodded. We climbed out of bed and went to the closet. I got a pair of jeans and a polo shirt while Morgan still not having moved her clothes in my room yet wore the jeans she had worn the other day and one of my dress shirts and rolled the sleeves up matching it with one of my belts. I honestly don't know how she did it but she looked so sexy in my clothes.

          My wolf licked his lips and smiled.

No. No. No . . . Yes. I couldn't help it and I weaved my arm around her waist and spun her around so that her hands lay on my chest. She looked at me shocked and I crashed my lips to hers. At first she didn't respond but after awhile she linked her arms around my neck deepening the kiss. I lifted her up off the ground so that I didn't have to bend down and wrapped her legs around my waist. She nibbled on my lip and I groaned which mad her smile against my lips. I decided to take that as an opportunity to gain entrance. I force my tongue inside her mouth and explored it.

I pushed her up against the wall and she gasped. I chuckled and moved down her jaw and to the base of her neck. She moaned when I bit her mark and her eyes rolled up when I sucked on her skin. I love it when she reacts to my touch. I know that I can cause her happiness or some type of pleasure when she does.

Her hands grabbed a fist full of my hair and pulled me back up to her lips. Our tongues danced a little bit longer until I pulled away. Morgan's breathing was uneven and her lips were lushes pink. I smiled and whispered in her ear.

"I guess you were starving for more of me, weren't you?" I asked and kissed her mark.

She wrapped her arms around my neck again and leaned her head on mine. I lifted her up and she giggled.

"Thank you," She said.

"For what exactly, my I ask?" I said.

She laughed, "For distracting me,"

I smiled, "Well, I aim to please," I said tipping my head to her.         

          She giggled and I grabbed her hand leading us to the kitchen. The scent of bacon, toast, and pancakes filled the air. We walked into the kitchen and were greeted by my mother, Nina, and Ruby.

"Good morning, you two. Sleep well, I hope?" My mother asked with a smile.                                  

          Me and Morgan looked at each other but didn't reply. My mom looked at me but didn't push the subject.

"Can I help?" Morgan asked.

"Of course, can you pour out the pancake batter, please?" My mother asked.

"Sure," she said walking over to the skillet and started making the pancakes.

          I sat down at the breakfast bar and my mother gave me a look. When you get the look you know you did something wrong.

"That doesn't mean you sit on your and watch, mister. Go and start cutting up those apples and then do the cantaloupe." She said motioning me to the cutting board.

          Morgan had a big smile on her face trying to hold in her laughter.

"Men are like dogs you have to keep them on a tight leash, Morgan," Nina said laughing to herself.

My father walked in and wrapped his arms around my mother.

"Well, technically we are dogs but who is looking at the technical side of things," He said smiling into my mother's neck.

I laughed and walked over to my mate. She leaned into my chest, still watching not to burn the pancakes.

"Maybe you should get a leash," I whispered in her ear, "I can get out of hand sometimes," I said kissing down her neck.

          Her knees buckled underneath her. I smiled loving how much I affected her.

"What do you think?" I asked her brushing my lips over her mark.

"Um," she said trying to focus on answering and not on my lips.

However, it was Ruby who answered.

"It is more like a muzzle in your case," she said.

Everyone laughed except for Morgan, who was bushing, and me, who growled. My father walked over and put a hand on my shoulder. No one should be interrupting the moments I have with my mate. Those moments are private or as private as they are.

 Around 8 o'clock everyone started to come down and eat. The kids stuffed their faces and the adults were grateful for the warm meal. Once everyone was fed and the kitchen was back to its original state my parents wanted to talk to me and Morgan privately.

 "What do they want to talk to us about?" She asked.

"I don't know" I said shaking my head.

She looked down the hall nervously and I grabbed her hand putting it in mine drawing little circles to calm her. She squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

I smiled back. I stopped in front of my father's office door.

"I think we should tell them about your dream," I told her.

She nodded and looked down at the floor. I tilted her head up so that she looked in my eyes.

"I will be right next to you, don't worry," I told her.

"You know when someone says 'don't worry', you worry," she said.

I gave her a small kiss and shook my head.

"You have all the answers, don't you?"

"Not all," she corrected me and turned to knob of the door.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 8.2K 28
"Holly! Holly! What did you see?" Anthony was gently shaking me, stroking my hair. I stayed silent for a few moments, trying to calm my sobbing. "Ant...
440K 6.6K 21
Jez has one of the most complicated lives you'd ever see. So this time she moves to a new city, to find a guy who used to hate, then to find that he...
39.4K 725 30
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
60K 1.4K 23
Reyna Maree is an abused girl who has a rough life. So when her mate rejects her, she is pushed to her limit. So she runs away and finds a new pack...