Chpater 21~ Dreams and Unanswered Questions

~*~ Morgan's Dream~*~

"Mommy faster! Go faster!" I screamed.

          I was eight and I was riding on my mom's back. My mother sped up fast and I giggled with happiness. My hair whipped around in the wind and I gripped my mother's fur tighter. She had a beautiful light brown coat with blonde highlights. Her eyes were a gray blue color, but in her human form she had hazel eyes and dark brown hair that end just below her shoulders. She began to slow down and stopped in the middle of the clearing. She bent down so that I could slide off. When my feet hit the ground I ran around the clearing doing cartwheels and spinning around until I was ready to fall. My mom stood in the middle of the clearing laughing and smiling at me.

"Your head is going to fall off because of all that spinning," She told me holding her arm out for me.

          I laughed and ran into her arms. I wrapped my arms and legs around my mom. She squeezed me tight and kissed my head. I tucked my head into her neck inhaling her scent. She smelled of vanilla and sugar.

"I love you mommy," I told her.

          She pulled away so she could get a good look at me. Now, in this dream I noticed something I didn't that day. When my mother looked into my eyes the smile she had on her face didn't seem to fill her eyes all the way. They held happiness but hidden behind that was fear.

"I love you too, baby girl," She said giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Now," she said placing me down on the ground, "what do you want to do?" She asked.

I looked around the clearing and smiled.

"I want to pick flowers!" I said pulling her over to a patch of purple wild flowers.

She laughed and helped me pick out floral arrangements. We make a crown for each of us. Mine was purple and pink with hints of yellow and my mom's was blue and yellow with hints of white.                 

"Alright Princess Morgan, it is time to go," She said.

I made the puppy dog face and made little whimpering sounds.

"Can we stay just a little longer?" I asked.

I could see it on my mother's face debating whether she should let us stay or not. She smiled and nodded. I was so happy then, but now I wish that she had said no. We laid on the ground looking at the different cloud shapes and giggling.

"Now, we have to go," She said sitting up and brushing the grass off her jeans.

I got up mimicking her and she laughed. Her laughter didn't last long; however, I heard growls and footsteps. My mother turned to me and pulled me behind her. Her eyes filled with fears and she turned to me.

"Sweetheart, if I tell you to run I want you to run as fast as you can. Do you understand me?" She told me.

I nodded not knowing what was going to happen. My mother turned back around and faced the direction the noise was coming from. Suddenly, a wolf with brown fur and red eyes came out from behind the bushes.

"What are you doing here? She isn't here, Sarah isn't coming back!" My mother nearly whispered.

My mother shifted into her wolf form and stood in front of me protectively. His eyes were like poison that kills. There was no innocence in them not even an ounce of kindness was hidden in them. He circled around me and my mother with a hungry look on his face.