Chapter 20

I grabbed Morgan's hand and intertwined our fingers. I could smell the smoke and ash when we came close to the edge of the woods. Nina led the way while the rest of us followed. I turned around to see my father, who had his arm around my mother and Tim who had his arm protectively around Crystal's waist. When we got out of the woods I heard Morgan gasp and I wrapped my arm around her. There were tents set up all around the clearing and branches and rubble were scattered on the ground. The leaves were stained with blood and the women and children looked weak. My father and Tim talked to Nina, while my mother and Crystal talked to the other women and children.

          Morgan had walked over to a pile of rubble when I found her. She was on her knees looking at something. I knelt down next to her to see that she was holding a picture frame of a family. The edges that used to be gold was now chipped and burned. The glass was shattered and the picture held a family with a mother, father, and three children. They stared at us with smiles on their faces. A tear ran down Morgan's face.

She wiped it away with her fingers and turned to me, "He needs to pay for what he has done," she said with hate in her eyes.

I had never seen that look in her eyes but I know that this whole thing with Charlie hits her to the bone. I stood up holding my hand out for her to take, she took it and we walked back to the others. Nina introduced us to her pack and let them know we meant no harm. She let my father speak, and let them know we had room for them at our pack house. My mother, Morgan, and Crystal helped with the children and the younger girls, while my father, Tim, and I made arrangements with Nina and her female Betas.

"My husband was taken along with other," she said, "I know he isn't dead. He would not leave us like this," she told us but it sound more like she was telling herself than us.

"I am sure he wouldn't but right now we need to get you to a doctor and inside a warm house," My father said comforting her.

She nodded. Once we made sure they had everything packed and ready to go we set off back home. Morgan walked in her human form next to me holding to children's hands. I shifted back into my wolf form making sure we didn't get ambushed. I turned to Morgan to see her smiling and laughing with the children but for some reason it didn't feel right, she didn't feel right. I could feel that she wasn't entirely happy but that she was happy and angry at Charlie, and sad for what had happen to the pack.

'She will be alright. Our mate is strong,' my wolf told me.

'I know she is,' I said with a smile.

She turned to me and made eye contact. Her eyes head my world and my love. When the children began to laugh and make fun of us she turned away with embarrassment. I chuckled which made her cheeks turn red. After awhile the children got tired of walking so Morgan suggested that they go on my back. It was a terrific idea (note my sarcasm). One of them kept on kicking me in the side yelling, 'Go faster! Go faster!'

I growled low enough for the children not to hear, but Morgan as a young wolf could hear and scowled at me.

"Don't you dare do that, Jonathan Thomason Clark," She told me.

            I love children. Don't get me wrong, but when they are kicking and pulling your hair you can't blame me for reacting this way. Luckily they grew tired and fell asleep, and finally we arrived home.

Morgan's P.O.V      

I was so happy to be home and to see Nina's pack inside a house. The best thing about arriving back was that Ally and Alex were up to see Nina.

"Mommy!" Ally screamed running out the door and wrapping her little arms around Nina's neck.

Nina began to cry and wrapped her arms around her daughter hugging her close. When Anthony came out carrying Alex, Nina kept Ally in her arms and took Alex hugging him into her chest.