Spider-Man: With Great Power...

By SlinkyDogg

Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life and the life of my partner, is not for the faint of... More

Changes
Figuring Things Out
Uncle Ben
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Selfish Act That Changed Everything
The Day Spider-Man & Spider-Woman Were Born
Internship
Is That A Power Ranger?
Green Goblin's Generous Proposal
You'll Always Have A Home Here
Unhappy Thanksgiving
First You Attack The Heart
Don't Tell Harry
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

It All Started With A Bite... Or Two

8.4K 200 184
By SlinkyDogg

"HEY! STOP THE BUS!" I jump out of my seat, nearly dropping my book, from the sound of Peter yelling and banging on the bus from outside. I scooter over to the window, to see the boy himself, Peter Parker.

My best friend since... well since forever. Though Harry and I are the only ones that seem to like him. Everyone else treat him like a pest, they just want to smash under their boot.

Peter saw me looking out the window, as he continue to keep up with the bus. "HEY, TELL HIM TO STOP! PLEASE!" I moved away from the window, standing up and making me way to the front of the bus.

"STOP THE BUS!" I yelled at the bus driver, who was grinning at the torture he puts Peter through almost everyday. "You had your fun, now let him on." I told the driver, who drop his grin as he complied. Stopping the bus and opening the door, allowing Peter to get on.

"Thank you. I'm sorry, I'm late." Peter told the bus driver, right before I feel a paper ball hit me in the back of my head. "Hey!" I turn around to look at the other teens on the bus, who laugh. "Thanks for ruining the show again, (Last Name)!" One of them said, causing the boys to laugh.

I let out a 'Hmph' before I grab Peter's arm and dragged him back to my seat for us to sit down. As we made our way down the aisle, suddenly Peter tripped and tumbled into me, knocking us both down. Causing everyone to irrupt with laughter.

I know they say violence is never the answer... but in this case can we make an exception?

"Sorry." Peter mumbled as he climbed off of me. "It okay, Peter." I notice his glasses had fallen off, so I picked them up as I got up and continued to drag him back to my seat. Eventually we finally made it, without someone else tripping us and we were able to just sit down and relax.

"Here, you drop these." I held his glasses out for Peter to take. "Thank you. I was worried they got crushed again." Peter puts his glasses on and look at me with a goofy grin. "How do I look?"

"Like a dork who needs to learn to be on time." I told him, causing Peter to let out a weak chuckle. "I'm trying to do better." He said. "You've been trying since freshman year, Peter. If your going to keep being late, you may as well just get a car so you don't have to chase the bus down."

Peter look down, in thought. "Maybe... well uh." I look at Peter, causing him to rub the back of his neck. "Well I was just thinking I could maybe... pick you up so I don't have to ride the bus. You know if I get a car, I could make up for all the times you get the bus to stop for me." He said making me smile. "Oh, I would love that. I hate taking the bus." I said, picking my book that I was reading earlier, to pick up where I left off. "Me too."

Not long after we got to school, we had to pile up into the bus again for our Field trip to the University. "Midtown High seniors. No wandering. Proceed direct..." Our teacher caught a ball one of the other students were playing with. "Knock it off. Remember, it is a privilege to be here. We are guests of Columbia University's Science Department, so behave accordingly. Let's not have a repeat of our trip to the Planetarium. Come on, people, let's stay together. Proceed up the steps and into the building."

As the teacher talked, Mary Jane Watson turn her head and looked at Peter and I. She smiles and waved at us, causing Peter to grin and wave. Only for MJ's friends to walk right pass us, revealing she was actually waving at them.

"Oof, that wasn't embarrassing at all." I said to Peter, with a snicker. "Shut up." He grumbled, dropping his hand. "Peter! (Name)!" We turn around to see our other friend, Harry Osborn getting out of a car and running up to join us. "Hiya, Harry." Peter said to him. "I see you finally made it." I sad, with a grin. "Hey, I couldn't let you and Peter have all the fun, can I?"

"Harry!" The three of us, looked back at the car, to see Harry's Dad coming over with a backpack. "Won't you be needing this?" He asked, giving it to Harry. "Thanks Dad. Um, Peter, (Name), may I introduce my father, Norman Osborn."

"I've heard so much about both of you." Mr. Osborn told us with a polite smile. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Osborn." I said, shaking his hand. "And you as well, (Name). My son sings you praise almost every night." He told me. "Dad." Harry said, in an annoyed tone.

Mr. Osborn chuckles as he moves on to shaking Peter's hand. "It's a great honor to meet you, sir." Peter told him. "Harry, tells me you're quite the science whiz. Y'know, I'm something of a scientist myself."

"I read all your research on nanotechnology. Really brilliant." Peter told him. "And you understood it?" Mr. Osborn asked. "Yes, I wrote a paper on it." Peter answered. "Impressive. Your parents must be very proud."

"I live with my Aunt and Uncle, they are proud." Peter explained. "Hey, you three! Let's move!" Our teacher told us, already heading inside with everyone else. "Nice to meet you. Hope to see you again." The three of us, heads towards the entrance. "He doesn't seem so bad." Peter told Harry. "Yeah, not if you're a genius. I think he wants to adopt you." Harry told him.

"What was that about, singing my praises, Harry?" I asked, with an amusing smile. "Don't asked." Harry told me. "I'm asking." I said. "Then stop asking." He said making Peter and I laugh.

A tour lady guided us into the lab, as she explains spiders to us. "There are over 32,000 known species of spider in the world. They're in the order Araneae, divided into three suborders." Peter, Harry, and I were more interested in the giant microscope, that sat in the center of the room.

"That's amazing!" Harry whispered. "This is the most advanced electron microscope in the eastern seaboard. It's unreal." Peter whisper, when he noticed Flash was trying to kiss MJ on her neck, but she pushed him off. When she notice Peter starring, he quickly looked away.

"Arachnids from all three groups possess... varying strengths which help them in their constant search for food. For example, the Delena spider, family Sparassidae, has the ability to jump to catch its prey." The woman explained, as we see the spider, jump from one to branch to another.

Peter, held up his camera to take a photo. "For the school paper?" The woman nodded, and Peter aim his camera at the spider. Right as he was about to take the photo, Flash bump him, messing up his shot.

We had to move on to the next spider, not giving Peter the chance to take another photo. "Next, we have the net web spider, family Filistatidae, genus Kukulcania. It spins an intricate funnel shaped web whose strands have a tensile strength proportionately equal to the type of high tension wire..."

Peter held up his camera to take a photo, only for Flash's friend to bump him, messing up the shot again. "Leave him alone." I told the uptight, jock who laugh. "Or what?" He asked me, right before I felt a hand drop on my shoulder, forcibly turning me to face Flash, who towered over me. "What are you going to do, Shortcake?" He asked, making his friend laugh. I glared up at Flash, wishing I had the strength to punch his lights out.

"Don't call her that." Harry said, getting Flash's attention off of me and onto him. "What? You gonna tell your father to fire my father?" He asked, making his friends laugh, and high five each other. Flash then grab Harry, by his jacket. "What's Daddy gonna do? Sue me?"

"What is going on?" Our teacher asked, coming over to break up the argument. Everyone fell silent, not saying a word. "The next person who talks will fail this course. I kid you not. Let's go."

We made our way to join the others, at the next station. "This grass spider, hunts using reflexes with nerve-conduction velocity so fast that some researchers believe it almost borders on precognition."

"Those guys are jerks." Peter whisper to us, as we walked up to one spider. "Hey, look at that spider." Harry whisper, pointing at a brown and white spider. "Some spiders change colors to blend into their environment. It's a defense mechanism." I whisper.

"(Name), what would make you think I would want to know that?" Harry asked, walking away disgusted. "Who wouldn't?" I asked him, following him with Peter. "I wanted to know that." Peter said, looking away awkwardly. "See? Peter, gets it." I said, playfully slapping Peter on back making him smiles. Harry rolled his eyes. "You're both weirdos."

"Over five painstaking years, Columbia's genetic research facility has..." We notice MJ was now by herself, getting Harry to nudge Peter. "You gonna talk to her now?" He asked him. "I-I don't know." He said, nervously.

"Peter, this might be your best chance. Just go for it." I told him. "What do I even say?" He asked. "Just talk about anything. Say the first thing that comes to your mind." Harry told him, Peter thinks for a moment before he looked panicked. "Nothing coming to my mind!"

"Geez Peter, it's not that hard. Just go up and say hi!" I said, right before I shove Peter towards MJ. Peter stumbled froward a few steps, before he regain his balance and looked back at Harry and I. We gave him a look of encouragement.

Peter took in a deep breath, and went up to MJ. "Disgusting." MJ said, looking at the spiders in their glass cases. "Y-yeah, they're pretty gross." Peter said, looking like he's about ready to melt into the floor. "I love them!" MJ said. "Me too. You know, some spiders can change their color to blend into their environment." Peter said, using the fact I said earlier to impress MJ.

"Really?" She asked, looking at him with a smile. "Yeah, it's a defense mechanism." Peter said. "Cool." Peter smiles, seeing he has finally achieved his goal of talking to MJ. "I think he stole your line." Harry whisper to me. "Ehh, I'll give him a pass for today."

Seeing Peter was talking to MJ more comfortably, Harry and I walked away to leave the two of them alone. "I guess that just leaves you and me." He said, grinning as we walked up to another set of glass cases, full of spiders. "And all the spiders." I said.

Harry looks at the little spiders in front of us. "Hateful little things" He said. "What's wrong with spiders?" I asked. "What isn't wrong with them?" He asked, making me snicker.

"....to encode an entirely new genome combining the genetic information from all three into these 15 genetically designed super-spiders." The lady said, right as I noticed two cages are empty. "Thirteen." I said, to the woman. "I beg your pardon?"

"I only count thirteen spiders." I told her. "No, there's 15. Aren't there?" She comes closer to see two of the cases are in fact empty. "I guess the researchers are working on two of them." The woman then continued on with her presentation.

"By the way, (Name). There's been something I've been meaning to tell..." Harry whisper, right before our teacher suddenly appeared, to silence him. "You were talking throughout that woman's entire presentation. Let's talk about how we listen." Harry looked back at me for a moment, as he is dragged off. "I don't know what it's like at those fancy private schools but at Midtown High..."

I turn back to see Peter was now taking MJ's photo for the school paper. I didn't want to bother him, so it looks like I'm alone. I let out a tired sigh, and walked off to look for something new to look at.

3rd Person P.O.V
(Name) walked up to a screen that was showing off the different spiders in the lab, and some of the unique abilities they possess. Above, a spider starts to drop, straight down toward her, landing on her shoulder. The spider begins to crawl down her arm, while she reads the facts, completely unaware of its presents.

"Oz-enhanced spider? Heh, that's a..." (Name) held up her hand to scratch herself, but stops when she finally notice the colorful spider, that sat right on her backhand. Before she even had time to react, the spider sink it's fangs into her flesh. "Ow!!!"

She shakes her hand hard, to flip the spider off of her. The spider flies off and lands on the floor. She looks at her hand, seeing two tiny red marks where the spider sank its fangs into her skin. (Name) bends down, looking at the spider on the floor. It was dead now.

"(Last Name)." Her teacher called, (Name) stood up, looking at her bite mark as she leaves to join her class. "Hey." Harry said with a grin as she came up. He then notice a pale look on (Name's) face, making him frown. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked, gently placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Is it hot in here?" She asked, before she slump down, causing Harry to catch her. "Hey, hey. Did you eat anything this morning? You look like your about ready to pass out." Harry asked, holding her up. "I... I think so. I don't know."

Peter walked towards his friends, looking at his right hand with concern, before he look up and notice (Name) wasn't looking so good. "(Name)?" He drop his hand and sprinted over to her and Harry. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know. She was fine earlier." Harry told him. "(Name)? Hey, (Name)." The teacher came over, with a, 'I don't get pay enough' look. "What is going on here?" He asked. "(Name), is sick with something." Peter told him. "I-I'm fine." (Name) said, laying her head on Harry's shoulder.

"This is why you kids need to eat your breakfast. Now come on, the bus is waiting." The teacher told them, not seeming all that concern. "But..." Harry started, but (Name) weakly held up her hand. "I just need to sit down. I'm fine."

(Name) step away from Harry, trying to walk on her own. But the second she took one step forward, she passed out and was down on the ground. "(Name)!" Peter and Harry kneel down next to their friend, who was now out cold.

(Just to clarify something going forward, this story will eventually become a Peter x Reader. Probably by movie 2 it will be relabel as a Peter x Reader story. Just for now you and Peter are just best buddies.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 17 15
just a few short story's of your friendly neighborhood spiderman and your beloved peter parker ❤️
6.6K 106 9
Its a short story but it is a completed story so oh well. Hope yall enjoy :) peter parker x male reader anything between ** is a thought. Example: "b...
6.6K 196 30
This story is requested by @sarah33145. This plot was made by her❤️ Being the daughter of Stephan Strange is not easy. Yeah, you can get whatever you...
26.2K 751 19
HOBIE BROWN x OC ~> ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪꜱᴍ. ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʜᴏʙɪᴇ ʙʀᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇʟɪᴢᴀ ʙʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ...