The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

Par NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... Plus

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 9: Immature Adults

2.8K 58 9
Par NoOneToRemember123

Y/N's Pov

I was walking out in the courtyard, when I saw a group of people all gathered around something. I saw Ruby and Wiess watching, so I decided to ask them what was going on.

Wiess: "I don't know, apparently Ruby's uncle decided to attack my sister."

Ruby: "Kick her butt, uncle Qrow!"

Y/N: "Seriously?" I pulled out my scroll and called Ozpin. I moved away from the crowd. "Qrow came back, and apparently he's more drunk than normal. He's currently fighting Winter Schnee right now. What do you want to do?"

Ozpin: "*Sigh* Would mind breaking it up before they cause a scene?"

Y/N: "They already have. I can still stop it now if you want."

Ozpin: "Please do. I'll be down shortly. Where are you?"

Y/N: "Out in the courtyard. Are you sure you want me to show myself like that?"

Ozpin: "Salem has enough eyes and ears that she probably already knows about you."

Y/N: "Ok. Just get here quick." I jumped into action. While they were fighting, I teleported in between them and hit in both directions, knocking both of them to the ground. 

Qrow: "Oh, hey kid." His speech was slurred. Just as I thought, he was drunk.

Winter: "Get out of here. This is our business."

Y/N: "It's my business because you two are tearing up our courtyard and making a big scene."  The crowd was just staring at me. Whatever. "You two are adults. Act like it."

Winter and Qrow: "Coming from you?" Just then, Ozpin and Glynda arrived. They dispersed the crowd, and Glynda fixed up the damaged courtyard. Winter tried to play it off like it wasn't her fault, but I could tell both of them were responsible for this. 

Timeskip

We got up to Ozpin's office, and everyone started arguing. 

Ironwood: "If you was one of my men, I would have you shot."

Qrow: "If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself." I held in a chuckle. As stupid as this whole thing was, it was sort of funny considering how often several people got on Ozpin's case for trusting me at my age, only for the grown adults in our group to act like this. 

Glynda: "While I don't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help."

Winter: "He was drunk!"

Glynda: "He's always drunk." They both turned to him, as he was chugging from his flask.

Y/N: "I can personally attest to that." I barely held in laughter.

Winter: "And what was that? You just jumped in and beat up both of us."

Y/N: "First, I hit both of you once. Second, Ozpin told me to do that. He didn't want you two to tear up the courtyard anymore than you had. Third, from what I recall of what I heard, you hit first." We looked over at Qrow and he had his flask out.

Ozpin: "Qrow, why are you here?"

Qrow: "Because our enemy is here. But not just that. Something got them stirred up. I think they're delaying their plans." I felt everyone else turn to me.

Y/N: "What?"

Ozpin: "That is probably your doing. You took down the one who was after the Fall Maiden power."

Qrow: "Wait, you actually caught them? Why didn't you tell me? And where's Amber then?"

Winter: "We had reason to believe you'd been compromised."

Qrow: "And I have reason to believe you don't need to be here. Seriously, who invited her?" Ironwood dismissed Winter.

Y/N: "Amber's fine. She's staying below this office right now, until it's safe for her to come out again." They went back to arguing over whether Ironwood's forces needed to be here. I rolled my eyes. I guessed it was going to be one of those days.

No Pov

Watts was frustrated. Ever since Cinder had screwed up and gotten caught, they had found a bunch of holes in their system by reverse engineering her fake student ID. Now he was largely locked out of the system. The only thing he could do was watch, and even that was dangerous. That fat imbecile had stepped up his game. 

Thankfully, he still had enough access to get some information about the student who defeated Cinder. He couldn't get any specifics of his abilities, but he had found out that he was a cat faunus and an adoptive child of Ozpin himself. That meant he probably knew more than the other students. But for now, he would sit and wait. 

Beacon would still fall, but it would not be during the festival. His job until then was break into whatever he could and find as much information as possible. He would also have to jump over Pietro's attempts at catching him in the system. 

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

I got up to Ozpin's office.

Y/N: "We need to actually start our manhunt for the other spies who came in with Cinder Fall."

Ozpin: "Ironwood has some of his men on it. I told them to ask you if they needed anything."

Y/N: "Really? We're trusting him with that too?"

Ozpin: "His heart is in the right place."

Y/N: "But his head isn't. He thinks we need to start being less discreet."

Ozpin: "You haven't exactly kept your own work a secret-"

Y/N: "Tell me how four people thinking I MIGHT be up to something compares to coming in with an occupation force."

Ozpin: "Regardless, it is in good hands. You need not worry."

Y/N: "What about Amber then? Now that she's awake, she needs to at least sometimes go outside. Staying underground all the time won't help her get stronger."

Ozpin: "Well then, since you have nothing else to do, why don't you accompany her? If something happens, you will be there to deal with it."

Y/N: "Really? How would we explain that?"

Ozpin: "We can claim she is a friend of yours visiting the school."

Y/N: "I don't know how many people would believe that."

Ozpin: "Well, we don't have any other options, really. But this could be a good chance for her to make friends." I rolled my eyes.

Y/N: "Fine. I'll escort her around a few times and make sure that she doesn't nearly die again." I turned to leave.

Ozpin: "Thank you for everything you've done, Y/N. If you weren't here, I may have had to start considering a replacement for the Fall Maiden mantle. I understand we do not always see eye to eye, but I want you to know that what you are doing now could help the whole world." 

I wasn't sure what to say. Usually when he started talking like this, it was too argue that I should rest, but now he actually sounded like he meant it.

Y/N: "What was I supposed to do? Just sit back when I knew the world was in danger? When I had the power to help it?"

Ozpin: "I would not have blamed you. I do feel that maybe I let you find out too early, though. I worry you may not have been ready at the time."

Y/N: "It doesn't matter if I was ready then, it matters if I'm ready now. And I am." I left the office and headed to the basement. 

Amber's Pov

I heard the elevator coming down, and saw Y/N get out.

Amber: "What's going on now?"

Y/N: "Ozpin wants you to go outside. He asked me to accompany you anytime you do."

Amber: "Is that safe? We need to keep my power a secret."

Y/N: "Ozpin said to just claim that you're visiting the school to see if you want to come here. He mostly just wants outside because he doesn't want you to go crazy down here."

Amber: "I wouldn't mind making some friends, but this sounds like a bad idea."

Y/N: "It is a bad idea. Let's just make sure it doesn't kill us. When would you want to go out there?"

Amber: "Why not between some matches? Isn't the tournament going on?"

Y/N: "Sounds good."

Timeskip

Yang's Pov

We had just finished our doubles match. Me and Wiess had wooped butt. We were out getting some food, when we saw Y/N and a girl sitting together. I tried to hide my jealousy and walked over to them. I could vaguely overhear them talking about something, but couldn't make out anything specific.

Yang: "So, who's this Y/N? You have a girlfriend now?" He sighed.

Amber: "I'm not his girlfriend! I'm just visiting the school. I'm thinking of coming here next year. Who is this anyway?"

Y/N: "That's Yang. Yang, this is Amber." I sat down next to them. "Shouldn't you be with your team?"

Yang: "They're just getting food. They told me to get a table." Y/N looked annoyed. Amber nudged him, and they excused themselves for a second. I barely overheard a few words.

Amber: "How much do they know?" I couldn't make out Y/N's response. They came back.

Yang: "I thought you said you weren't together." I said playfully.

Amber: "I just wanted to ask if he knew you guys that well. And if I should expect you to always be that jealous."

Yang: "Hey!" She laughed and the rest of my team showed up. We all got acquainted, as Y/N just sat silently waiting until we left. The girl seemed pretty cool. We exchanged contacts as we had to leave to see the next match. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

14.4K 256 6
Meet Y/n Okkotsu, a 17 year old boy who watched his own childhood friend's death in front of him thus cursing to be by his side. Y/n lives alone sinc...
71.7K 747 5
After years of distance, you finally met up with an old friend in the halls of Beacon Academy for a new adventure and new friends. Disclaimer: I do n...
54.2K 1.1K 14
The second semester at Beacon begins and Y/n's past has already begun to catch up with him, will his secrets disrupt his school life or will he come...
120 20 60
Mitch, Ania, Tom and Alan are all new recruits attending their first year of Beacon Academy along with many other students, here they'll experience a...