A Second Chance At Love

By NathaliaHarris2

Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell... More

I've Got My Eyes On You
Gotta Make You Mine
An Almost Perfect Love Story
It's Not You, It's Me
Moving On
Mind Games
This Is Not A Game
Mr. Smooth
Just friends
I'm a mess
What If?
Our Little Secret
The Guilt
Losing It All

I Don't Want This Anymore

7 0 0
By NathaliaHarris2

Alana: Hey Mads. You've been scarce lately. What's going on with you?

Madison: Life isn't the best right now. I'm trying to sort it out before I explode.

Alana: I get you but don't forget that Brit and I are here for you.

Madison: I won't. You guys mean a lot to me and I'd sacrifice anything to see you happy.

Alana: Aww. Come here. *She embraced her in a hug and Madison smiled*

Madison: Where is Brit?

Alana: She's sick. She isn't coming today.

Madison: So now it's just the two musketeers. *they both laughed* I miss her already.

Alana: Same.

Madison: At least you have Nathaniel. I'll be all alone. *she faked a pouty face*

Alana: You are more than welcome to chill with us today. We wouldn't want you to die of loneliness.

Madison: Aww. You're so sweet.

Alana: I have to go prep for class now. I'll see you later honey.

Madison: Love you Lana.

Alana: I love you too.

*Madison's POV*

My head feels like it's gonna explode. What am I doing? I can't keep going on like this. She's such a good friend that's always looking out for me. Yet here I am messing around with her person and doing her wrong. My heart breaks a little each time I see her because I may very well be ruining her life. What if he breaks up with her? It'll be all my fault. I'd never forgive myself. What kind of friend would I be to let all this happen? I can't do it. I love him but, I don't want this anymore. I'm literally going insane.

**On the weekend**

*Nathaniel went to Madison's class and waited for it to end. After she had said her goodbyes, he held her hand and walked her to an empty staircase.*

Nathaniel: Hey.

Madison: Hey.

Nathaniel: *with a concerned face* You don't look okay.

Madison: I've just been thinking a lot.

Nathaniel: Have you thought about my question?

Madison: Which one?

Nathaniel: Do you want to be mine again?

Madison: I do but, I just have some reservations.

Nathaniel: So you have doubts about getting back together with me?

Madison: No. It's not about you personally. Have you considered the fact that you'd be breaking my friend's heart if we got back together?

Nathaniel: I have. Like a million times. I just don't want it to be the reason I don't go for what I want and think I really need.

Madison: It just scares me that I'll be the one that will have to see her cry about it or be under the weather knowing very well that I'm the reason.

Nathaniel: I get you. So what does that mean?

Madison: I need time to think about it.

Nathaniel: Maddie, it's not as complicated as you're making it seem.

Madison: I told you it's not that simple either.

Nathaniel: If you walk away today without giving me an answer, that's it.

Madison: *With tears forming in her eyes, she walked towards him and looked into his eyes* Nathaniel.

Nathaniel: Yes.

Madison: Please let me think about it.

Nathaniel: *he saw that she was on the verge of crying so, he pulled her in by the waist for a hug* Don't cry. I'm sorry this is hard for you. Can you give me an answer tomorrow?

Madison: *she sighed* Yes.

Nathaniel: *he pulled away* I love you Maddie. Nothing will ever change that.

Madison: I love you too Nate. I have to go now. You need to get back to your class.

Nathaniel: You'll text me once you're home?

Madison: Yes.

Nathaniel: Alright. Be safe. 

**END OF CHAPTER**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...
467 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...
343K 6.6K 52
Emotions are what makes us human, especially love. Caring for other individuals keeps our humanity intact. But, what's Peri to think when the very fe...
237 0 11
The fall had been a big mood ring for Oskar. Breaking the school rules he gets almost expelled from school, but it brings him and Aaron together for...