The Society | Completed

By ayeohfee

Conrad Rosser is a Beta's daughter in a society where each rank is matched within itself. Werewolves are crea... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Epilogue

Part 62

10.2K 232 47
By ayeohfee

Sabrina won't stop crying, and Conrad feels like joining in.

She purses her lips tightly, not letting the whimper escape.

She so wishes she could cry, but she can't. She has no tears left, and her chest feels hollow.

The crisp air makes a shiver run down her spine, and she pulls her black coat tighter around her with her free hand, her other holding Sabrina's.

The little girl is in a matching black coat, with a black wool hat on her head as she shakes with sobs while they walk.

She's attached to Conrad's side, and Conrad takes comfort in it, letting the little girl seek her out.

It's silent apart from the sound of footsteps as they walk up the tarmacked path, and Sabrina's occasional wail cuts through the air like bullets.

Conrad can feel every single sob, their bond making it difficult for her to continue walking. She can feel the little girl's waves of agony, and she's focusing on not sending her own back.

They finally make it to their destination, and Conrad stands at the top of the coffin.

Sabrina sinks into one of the seats by the graveside, her face streaked with tears.

I love you, Conrad tries to link Carlos with no success. She's speaking to herself in her head, and the emptiness makes her hand reach for her chest, pressing where her heart is. The lack of response reminds her why they're there, and this makes it real.

She puts her other hand on the wooden coffin.

The only thing stopping her from climbing in is the little girl sitting five feet away from her.

"He's dead," Sabrina wails, her breathing becoming increasingly uneven.

Conrad looks at her blankly, the numbness setting in.

"Daddy is dead," Sabrina screams, searching Conrad's face for a reaction.

"I know," Conrad quietly responds, closing her eyes to hold her tears in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 8.9K 19
Naylani and Jason grow up together. Naylani is the beta's daughter and Jason is the Alpha's son. Their Fate binds them together
9.7M 262K 42
(C O M P L E T E D) Maddox Franco is the Alpha of the Howlers pack. He is 22 and still hasn't found his mate. He became ruthless because he thinks th...
Mates By Ashlyn

Adventure

36.7K 1K 17
Winter Snow, 19, omega, parents deceased. Why? Crazy ass beta killed her parents when she was six. Now she is mute but, the strongest wolf you would...
2.6K 62 34
Luna is a junior in high school who's mom took off when she was a little girl. Her dad works a lot so she takes care of her self which often gets her...