Wielder of the Phoenix

By Ragnark517

Izuku Midoriya, the twin of Izumi Midoriya, son of Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya, the latter being bette... More

Chapter 1 - Beginnings
Chapter 2 - History was wrong
Chapter 3 - All Might
Chapter 4 - Awakening
Chapter 5 - Breaking Point
Chapter 6 - Gran Torino
Chapter 7 - New Powers
Chapter 8 - Reunion
Chapter 9 - Shifting (1/2)
Chapter 10 - Shifting (2/2)
Chapter 11 - Changes
Chapter 12 - 10 Months
Chapter 13
Author's note 1
Chapter 14 - True Hero
Chapter 15 - Taking the Flight Home
Chapter 16 - Meeting the Urarakas
Chapter 17 - Nighteye
Chapter 18 - Acceptance letters
Chapter 19 - An Encounter
Chapter 20 - Class 1-A
Chapter 21 - Physical Assessments
Chapter 22 - A chat with Nezu (edited)
Chapter 23 - The Cat learns the Truth
Chapter 24 - Battle Training Begins!
Chapter 25 - Uneven Odds
Chapter 26 - Technical Issues
Chapter 27 - The Calm
Chapter 29 - Flames of the Phoenix
Chapter 30 - Aftermath
Chapter 31 - Conferences
Chapter 32 - History Lessons for Adults (And Ochako)
Kinda Important Announcements
Chapter 33 - Blaze gets his ass kicked
Chapter 34 - Her Parents Are Pissed Off
Chapter 35 - A Discussion and the Shadow's True Leader
Chapter 36 - Plans and Punishment
Chapter 37 - Training
Chapter 39 - Sports Festival

Chapter 28 - Unleash The Storm

2.2K 50 13
By Ragnark517

Class 1-A walked out of the bus and stood in awe of the structure that stood before them.

"Alright, pains in my butt, this is where you'll be training today, this place is called the U.S.J." Aizawa announces.

"Universal Studios Japan?" Sero asks.

Aizawa sighs. 'There always is that one idiot that can't keep their mouth shut about the name.' "Nope, but I believe it would be better if I let the person that runs this place, introduce it to you."

Just as Aizawa finishes his short speech, the main doors open, releasing smoke.

"Hello, kids. Welcome to USJ or Unforeseen Simulation Joint!" A female voice says.

"Do you always have to do this?" Aizawa asks, sighing once again.

"Yes, it's always fun. Not that you'd know anything about fun." The voice mocks Aizawa. "Now where was i? Ahh, yes. Today you'll be focusing on rescue training, which will be taught by......"

The voice pauses for a moment, dramatic effect and all, before stepping out of the smoke.

"ME!" She exclaims as a woman in a white puffy astronaut's suit becomes visible.

"It's the Rescue-Heroine 13!!!!" Ochako yells, jumping in excitement.

"I know Ochako, I can see it too." Izuku says, trying to calm her down.

"At least I know that one of you is my fan." 13 says looking at Ochako. "Now, if you'll all follow me inside, I'll give you a quick rundown of what we're going to do here today."

The students follow the heroine into the campus. "Alright, I have 1... no, 2... no, wait, 3... nope, not three either."

"We get it you have a lot to say, just get on with it 13." Aizawa tells her.

"Right, by bad. So, as you all know, rescue is an important aspect of heroics. So, today you'll all be divided into groups of 5 and will be separated into-" 13 stops as the lights flicker.

"AHHHHH!!!" Kaminari exclaims, clutching his head. "What the hell!!!!!"

"What is it Kaminari?" Jirou asks.

"Electric interference." Kaminari says. "There's something in the air that's interfering with my quirk."

"What?" Jirou asks.

"Electromagnetics. You know electromagnetic spectrum that we use for a lot of electronic gadgets." Kaminari explains.

"Mr. Aizawa, I feel a lot of foreign energy coming from near the fountain." Izuku warns the pro.

"There's no one there Shimura." Aizawa says. 

"Trust me on this, energy signatures never lie, or so I've learnt." Izuku says, as a massive purple portal opens up, revealing a massive group of villains.

"Hello UA!" A man covered in hands exclaims. "We are the League of Villains, and we've come here to kill All Might!"

"Told you so!" Izuku cheekily says as he gets ready to fight.

"13, take care of the kids. I'll handle the group of the villains." Aizawa tells her, getting ready to fight with his scarf begins to float around the hero and his eyes glowing red.

"Mr. Aizawa, let me help." Izuku tells the man.

"Stay with the class, Shimura. You're not engaging with anyone!" Aizawa tells him.

"You won't get a better chance to see my powers, without me holding back." Izuku tells him.

Aizawa thinks for a moment, before allowing Izuku to fight alongside him.

"Thank you." Izuku says as he starts to float next to the man and jets off, his quirk charging up around his hands.

"Oii, Teach, let us help too, I've been itching to explode something!" Katsuki yells out.

"No, the rest of you stay with the class, stay together, I don't want anyone fighting the villains unnecessarily!" Aizawa orders them.

"Then how come that Deku gets to fight?" Katsumi asks.

"Have any of you defeated a member of the Big 3 in under 5 minutes?" Aizawa asks, getting silence as an answer, he continues. "Didn't think so. Shimura has been holding back this whole week, I wanted to see how far he can go if left unrestrained. Now, follow my orders and stay put!" Aizawa then leaps into the fray, attacking villains.

"What in the world, two heroes against all of us?" One of the villains yells.

"Hehe, it's not two heroes, one of them is a student! Let's show him what happens when he messes with us!" Another shouts as they activate their quirks, only for them to not activate.

"What the hell, why isn't my quirk working!" A villain shouts just as he gets slammed into the rest of the group of villains.

"It's Eraserhead!" One of the villains yells as he tries to attack the pro, only for him to be wrapped in Aizawa's scarf and be sent flying towards the center.

"Watch your back Eraser!" Izuku yells as he punches a villain that had managed to sneak up on man, a loud clang could be heard as the punch lands.

"What was that sound?" Aizawa asks.

"Oh that, well, uhm, one of the things I can do. Adamantium Skin." Izuku says, showing the man his metal hands.

"It's been one week and you're already the biggest pain I've had to face." Aizawa sighs, as he kicks another villain away.

"Hey, Eraser, get back a bit. I'm going to try something." Izuku says as he starts to focus energy on his palm.

"Do it quick, I cant cancel their quirks forever." Aizawa says as he leaps back, narrowly dodging a punch.

Izuku's hands start to glow a bright yellow.

"Izuku be careful, that is not something we've done before." Scott warns.

"But that Captain Marvel lady has done this before, hasn't she? And her powers are similar to ours. We should be fine!" Izuku answers.

As the brightness increases, some villains start to shield their eyes from it.

"Supernova!" Izuku yells as he compresses the energy with his other hand, releasing multiple energy beams all over the place, knocking villains out. "I didn't kill them, did I?"

"They're just knocked out Shimura. Now get back to your class. I'll-" Aizawa gets interrupted as the villain covered in hands charges at him.

"Eraserhead, I must say, you're pretty cool!" he says, trying to attack the hero.

"Who are you want what do you want?" Aizawa asks as he keeps dodging his attacks.

The man pauses. "Oh right, I never did introduce myself did I?" He scratches the back of his neck. "Well, the name's Tomura Shigaraki. And I must say I'm a big fan, Eraser." He reaches out for Aizawa, it was almost as if he was trying to grab the pro.

Izuku intervenes with a hard right, only for the massive creature that had been standing idle this whole time to jump in and take the blow. The creature's body changes shape before coming to rest in its natural state. "Aizawa, be careful of his hands. They're probably related to his quirk!!" Izuku warns Aizawa before turning his attention to the creature in front of him.

"I see you've met the Nomu!" The man, well at this point it was rather evident that he was more of a man-child. "He's supposed to be the one to help me achieve my goal."

"And what might that be?" Izuku asks, still on the defensive waiting for either of the villains to make a move.

"Kill All Might. You see, Nomu here is the perfect counter to anything All Might can dish out. He's the Anti-Symbol of Peace in a way." Shigaraki says. "Would you like a demonstration? Those students back there seem pretty nice targets for demonstration."

Aizawa's eyes widen in shock. "Shimura, get to the cla-" Aizawa turns around to see only half of the students still there at the entrance and 13 lying injured on the ground.

"Looks like Kurogiri did his job." Shigaraki exclaims with a creepy smile. "Well, Nomu since All Might isn't here, let's kill some of his students, shall we? Why don't you start by killing the two ladies in Pink?"

The Nomu dashes forward at neck-breaking speed, charging at Ochako and Mina.

"NO!!!!" Izuku yells as he shoots a concentrated beam of energy at the nomu, only for it to be deflected away after hitting the beast's skin.

"It won't work, the nomu is too strong for anyone, even All Might!" Shigaraki says as the beast goes in to punch the two girls.

Before the girls could react, they are pulled away by Sero's tape.

"That was too close. Girls stay behind. It looks like that thing is targeting yo-" Sero gets interrupted by a punch from the nomu, sending him flying into the entrance walls. "AHHHH!!!" Sero exclaims as he falls to the floor unconscious.

"Sero!!" Mina yells. "Why you!!!!" She stares at the Nomu, anger in her eyes, as she shoots acid at the villain. The nomu screams in pain, as his skin gets corroded by the acid before he goes in to punch the girl, causing her to cough up blood.

"MINA!" Ochako exclaims as she goes to help the girl.

Izuku watches on in horror, seeing his classmates being beaten around like ragdolls.

Inside Izuku's mindscape, things start to shake as Izuku loses control of his emotions.

"Izuku, stay calm." Emma warns him. "You're getting this whole place unstable."

"Calm down man, if you lose control of yourself, there's no telling what you'd do!" Scott yells, trying to get to Izuku.

"It's no use." Magik tells them. "As of right now, Izuku has total control of his body, mind, and emotions. We'll just have to let this play out."

"Sister! Snap out of it, we can still help him!" Colossus tells her.

"Unfortunately, your sister isn't the one talking right now." Magik tells them.

"Lady Phoenix?" Scott asks.

"Unfortunately, yes, I sensed the distress in the boy's mind and decided to come to see for myself what the fuss was about." The Phoenix Force says. "And I must say, compared to my other hosts. This one seems to be...... How would you humans put it, more emotional."

"What do we do about this?" Scott asks, worried about Izuku.

"Right now, nothing. The boy still needs to understand his powers and to know how to use them well." The Phoenix Force tells them.

"If you can come here yourself then why chose us?" Emma asks.

"What do you mean?" The universal force asks.

"Of everyone you could have picked, Steve Rogers, Shang Chi, Jean or any of her children, T'Chala, freaking I don't know anybody else, there were so many better candidates. So why us?" Emma asks, holding on to a pillar for support.

Before Phoenix could answer, a huge tremor shakes the mindscape.

"You already know the answers, believe in yourself, and believe in Izuku. All the best Phoenix 5. We shall meet again when the time comes." Phoenix says as Magik falls to the floor on her knees.

In the real world, Izuku froze in fear as he saw the Nomu tossing away the students that tried to protect Ochako. He saw the girl try to use her quirk on the Nomu, almost succeeding as the beast started to float. But this success came at a cost. By getting in close to the beast, Ochako gave him the chance to land a blow on her.

Izuku saw the girl get flung across the entrance floor, hitting the main door and denting it. Seeing Ochako beat up liked that seemingly made him snap.

"You dare come here! You dare attack my class! You dare attack my friends! You dare hurt Ochako!" Izuku shouts, as his iconic yellow light bursts into flames around him, starting as a small circle before erupting into a massive pillar of fire engulfing him in the flames.

Out over at a mountain peak inside the facility, a man in a completely black suit with a black and red cape pointed at the shoulders stood looking over the main fight.

"Flames of the Phoenix..... Looks like it's finally beginning." He mutters. "Time to call in."

He pulls out a burner phone and dials a number. "Boss. It's starting. I'll send in my coordinates."

"No need to, Alpha and Gamma teams are already on their way to the USJ. Do not engage till the others arrive."

"Of course, sir." The man cuts the call and crushes the phone tossing the remains into a small pouch. "Let's see what you can do with your powers, Mr. Perfect Host." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
138K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
905K 41.4K 175
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
112K 5.6K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...