OUTSIDERS || MAKI ZENIN.

By utabomb1

"The names' Maki." He blinks at the girl with the glasses before stifling a small laugh. An eyebrow arch fro... More

Bio and synopsis
The Hero
"Stay over for tonight"
I had fun
She's better than you
Growing love
After school
Party Animal
Best day ever
Can I get a kiss?
Bloodshed
Eyes on Fire
I hate you
It feels good
Timeskip
You'll be safe now
Never fear
The Visitor
Your Battle is my Battle
A New Year
Goodbye, for now
Special: Bloodlines
Special: Freshmen
Special: Freshmen II

The Dead Speaks

2.6K 53 6
By utabomb1

The fire was alive and scorched the night sky with a bright color of death. It began to circle around the older sorcerer and after one step, him and his partner in crime became separated by the rings of wild fire.

"Haru!"

"Stay back! And don't get too close to the fire!" His eyes dashed at every corner. Where could the spirit be hiding? He made sure he had his sword ready with Tora's tail tangled around his leg briefly before planting her feet to the side.

"Honey." It was a tone clear but full of fear. Chills shivered her spine when she felt the spirit's finger tapping her shoulder from behind so playfully. She can feel a grin stretch out of the corner of his lips as she held a tearful stare fixated on her husband. A single tear cascades her cheek.

"I-I'm so scared."

"No. No, no, no. Leave her alone!" He runs close to the fire. He doesn't care if it burns him. "Please, don't kill her! PLEASE! Kill me instead."

The spirit rolls an eye.

"You humans are so predictable. I could've sworn I've heard those words over and over again from every victim I come across with." An amused gesture exchanges from his annoyed impression.

He exasperates a hand before speaking again,

"It's always 'take me instead!' or 'please, we have a family'. Please, like I care! Everyone dies in time."

A bright orange hums through his finger tip.

"Observe."

"No!"

"Haru.."

He looks at her and the image of her turns blurriness from his own tears.

"Take care of Tamaki, Haru. Please. I love you so much, both of you."

Her entire body engulfs in fire and her screams shake the room, a blood curling screech echoing the room as the spirit laughed. Haru crashed down the floor in complete lost, screaming too  of his lungs before losing his voice. He felt like he was in hell. And it was. A hell that repeated itself only in his dreams and he hated it every moment of his life from that day on.

Since that day,

Haru Hatsumi would seek revenge.

A knock is heard at the other side of his door and his eyes cracked open, welcoming him back to reality. He turned to the digital clock on his drawer and cursed himself to see it was past nine . That's too late for him. He rubbed the back of his head before heaving his upper body up from the bed. His mirror reflecting back the sight of his naked, muscled chest.

He sighed when he heard the door knock again.

"Coming!"

"Oh? Are you now?"

"Oh shut up, Mei Mei."

She laughed on the other side and he opened the door. Mei Mei was in her sorcerer outfit, braid to the side of her shoulder. Her purple lips widen before she leaned her back to the door frame.

"Shame. I was going invite myself to do the same."

He chuckles and leans down to her, face meeting hers before pressing his lips against hers. She took it in, despite the bad morning breath, further continuing with a tongue slipping in his mouth. He moaned sweetly and she laughed against the kiss.

'Like a kid who just got his first kiss.' She thought to herself as the bashful Hatsumi leaned away with patches of red across his cheeks.

"Well, as they say, business before pleasure, right?" He inclines his head and a hand out to invite her inside the hotel room.

He'd been tracking the spirits movements for some time and now he's gotten a hunch on the edge of city.

"Of course." She purrs, plopping on the bed with a grin.

"You already know what Gakunganji has told us. He was last seen here in Kamakura, killing more people for sport."

"You know I'm eager, Mei Mei. Always have been. Just point out the certain location and we'll find our way there."

"Yes but Haru..the old man has more news you'd like to hear."

"Oh?" Her face turned solemn. It was bad news.

"He's not alone. Seems like our spirit friend here has found new pals. One in red and another, quite peculiar with a wrap around one arm. Branches on its eyes."

"Is that so?" Haru then shrugs, "Well, this ain't going to stop me from trying to kill him."

"I know." She sighs. "But obviously, it is strange for curses to work together. They usually operate alone so it's all strange. Gakunganji wants us to investigate first before we do anything else."

"Bullshit! We're not going to let him live another second, Mei Mei. This goddamn spirit has killed so many innocent people already."

"Haru-"

"He killed my fucking wife, Mei Mei." His eyes burrowed into hers with a deadly stare. "He doesn't deserve to spare another breath. Do you hear me? Tamaki also deserves this, too. He doesn't need his mother's killer running on the loose."

"I know, I know.." She waved his hands at him. She became overwhelmed fast. She wasn't used to so much confrontation. Mei Mei always tried to remain calm and mask herself with her signature sly smile but it was hard to relax when sharing the news to him. Of course, he wasn't going to be happy.

"I know what I'm asking is terrible. Trust me, I hate it too. You and I have been on this mission for so long, coming back empty handed. I understand. But, there might be something bigger happening than we thought. This might affect all of jujitsu high..and even Tamaki if we don't figure it all out."

"I just want him dead, Mei Mei."

She wraps an arm around his broad shoulder,

"I promise you with my life, we will kill him. But for now, let's see what they're up to. And then we can kill them as soon as that's over. You have my word."

He sighs, closing his eyes. She's right, though. If there's a plot against him and all sorcerers then they'd have to figure it out.

He thinks of Tamaki, now starting his second year at the school.

"..O-Okay, Mei Mei, we'll follow orders then."

"Thank you, Haru. It takes a lot to do what you just did."

She kisses him on the cheek.

"Now, why don't we go do a pit stop at that bar downstairs at the lobby? I imagine they have some of my favorite ice brandy."

He rolls his eyes playfully,

"Mei, it's literally nine am in the morning."

"And?" She quirks a funny eye at him.

"What happens after business again?" He smiles, cocking a head at her. She puts a finger at his chin,

"You mean pleasure?" It just dawned on her.

"Oh." She blushes before giggling to herself.

Her eyes narrow,

"That sounds good too." A finger raises up, however.

"And then we'll go out for some drinks!"

He lets out another laugh before trapping her in his arms, pulling her up to his chest. He kisses her hard before leaning his hot breath against her ear.

"Deal."

"Tamaki."

He doesn't respond. The room is quiet with the exception of the loud keyboards flickering by his fingers. He was so focused on his own screen, sitting back against the pillows on Maki's bed.

"TA.MA.KI!" She throws a book right in his head and he yelps, jumping out of the bed before rubbing his forehead that throbbed after the book's spine fell hard against it.

"Ouch, that hurts!" He whines with a pout.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the last few minutes."

"Oh. Sorry, Maki! Haha, I got so distracted by the group chat the first years and I are in. They were sending a few memes on my way."

"Group chat?" She arched a brow.

He rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah, when you can chat with more than one person. You've never been in one?"

"I know what a group chat is, Tamaki." She crossed her arms.

"I wonder if Toge and Panda is up for a group chat? We can have all four of us, including Yuta! Oh, but panda doesn't have a phone, does he?"

"Tamaki!" She snaps.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I got distracted."

"It's just..well, you've been so focused on them lately. And honestly, it kinda bugs me."

"Why?"

"Cause.." she began to blush out of embarrassment.

"Maki, what's wrong? You can tell me anything!"

"Hm, I know. What I'm about to say is embarrassing  though."

"And? Come on, babe, spill it."

He taps the empty side next to him and she takes it, sitting next to him and leaning herself up on the bed frame.

"I guess I feel..kinda left out."

"What?!" He was almost shocked. Maki was a strong, independent girl that's for sure but when it comes to Tamaki, she can show her soft spot usually as well. And yet, it still surprises him to hear her say something like this.

"You've been hanging out with them so much. Even taking them to our favorite ramen place. Have you mentioned me, by the way? I know Megumi but the other two, do they know of us?"

"Of course, they know. I tell them you're the best girlfriend in the whole world! And I'll never trade you for anyone." Except, he keeps forgetting to drop her name.

"At first, I was against the wanting to meet new people." She admits. "I thought I was fine since I have you and Toge and Panda are tolerable despite being goofy idiots every once in awhile. I guess I just can't help but be curious after how much you've been talking to them lately."

"Aw, Maki." He smiles at her before embracing her tightly. She just stays still, arms close to her sides and trapped by his hug.

"I'm sorry. I should've introduced you sooner. And personally. How about this, I'll introduce you to them tomorrow! They're having their first mission right now but tomorrow we are all planning to watch a movie. Hey, maybe I can bring Toge and Panda too."

"I'm fine with that." She shrugs, unable to conceal her smile anymore. She was happy Tamaki tended to her needs as soon as she told
him.

She had always been hesitant to strangers but ever since meeting Tamaki, the more and more she began to open herself up a bit to few more people she's met in her life. And now this was something she knows she has to do.

"Maybe I'll be their little mentor. You know, the cold but cool collected person that the little ones can look up to?"

Tamaki giggles,

"You're getting excited, aren't you? But I don't blame you." His smile cascades. "I never had real friends. The ones at my old high school weren't genuine but then I met Toge and Panda and falling in love with you made me realize that somewhere out there, there will be people waiting to be your friends. And these three are exactly it. They're so fun to be around and especially that Yuji kid, they got so much potential." He didn't care if he was Sukuna's Vessel.

Maki looks at Tamaki for a bit before coming close for a kiss.

"Tamaki, has anyone tell you how insanely cute you are?"

"Heh, only you." He kisses her back before lingering a tempting gaze on her.

"But I'd prefer it that way."

Tamaki later kissed her goodnight and went to his respective room. He fell asleep to the sound of heavy rain crashing down from outside. His window shakes violently and he can't help but wake up in the middle of the night by the sounds it continued to make.

He signed and looked at his phone.

It was three am and there was an unread message in the group chat 'sorcerer antics'. Tamaki thought it'd be a funny name.

He opened the message and he noticed it came awhile back. Must've been after Maki and him had that serious chat.

There's a photo attached to the text.

Yuji: Our first mission! We'll let you know how it goes, Tamaki senpai!

The photo showed Yuji heckling poor Ijichi by wrapping a tight arm around his neck. Nobara smiled with a cocky grin and a peace sign held close to the screen. With Megumi, hands flopped on sides and hunched back like he was done with the world. His eyes showed he has no clue what's going on.

Tamaki began to type.

Tamaki: Sorries y'all, I fell asleep! How was the mission?"

Someone had to answer. Nobara and Yuji acclaimed themselves as night owls, he was confident one or the other would respond. Megumi valued his sleep so much so he wouldn't bother.

Right?

His phone began to vibrate and he looks down to the screen. He blinked, trying to process what he just saw.

Megumi is calling him in the middle of the night.

Accept or decline?

"M-Megumi?" Tamaki stammered. It couldn't be so serious. He strains out a tired chuckle, "Come on, you know you could just text me-"

"Tamaki...

Itadori...Yuji, he's dead." His voice so shaken up.

"W-What?"

And on that night, Tamaki is reminded that once again, they are jujitsu sorcerers. No matter how much they can act like children or of their own age,

Death is inevitable and all of them are expendable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 201 34
Kyoya Otori and His Older Sister Kiyoko Otori are Jujutsu Sorcerers for Tokyo's Jujutsu Technical Specialist School. The Older Sibling being a Curse...
58.2K 2.1K 22
"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧." What are the makings of a Jujutsu sorcerer? It was a question that plagued the mind...
5.7K 128 9
Being Toji's daughter he tried to keep you out of that horrible world but a unfortunate series of events started to happen as soon as you became asso...
86K 2.5K 17
"For someone who had so much backchat only a few minutes ago, you're enjoying this, aren't you? The so-called strongest female Jujutsu Sorceress enjo...