Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 10

84.1K 2.3K 3.1K
By Dijah_Love

Amara P.O.V.

"Wassup kid? You had a good day?" I pushed my shades closer to my face as I buckeled my seatbelt. "Yeah, it was whatever."

"You alright?" I nodded my head yes, as I leaned back into my seat. "Im fine dad." He started up the car, and pulled away from the school's curb.

"How you been? I haven't seen you in a few weeks." I shrugged. "I've been good I gues....what about you?" He smiled as he kept his eyes on the road. "Im good, Im glad to see you."

He looked over at me and smiled, before placing his eyes back on the road. "Yeah...me too...why'd you wanna see me all of a sudden?" He chuckled.

"I can't just want to see my daughter? I have to have a reason to see you now?" I folded my arms across my chest and sighed. "You don't, but something tells me you do."

He chuckled again. "You gotta mouth like ya moms." I nodded. "I know, so are you gunna tell me the real reason why you wanted me to spend the weekend with you??"

He pulled up to a red light and looked over at me. "Besides the fact that you barely spend the weekend with me since Im always busy, I want you to meet someone."

"Who?" I asked, lifting a brow, but I already knew. "A friend of mine?" I nodded slowly. "Is it really important if I meet another one of your producer friends? I mean, I think that can wait." He shook his head.

"It's not one of my industry friends Mara, it's a female friend of mine." "A female friend of yours?" He nodded.

"And why is it so important that I meet her?" He rubbed his chin, trying to find the right words to say to me.

 "Just say it dad." I said, rolling my eyes. "Im not five anymore, you can tell me if your dating someone else now."

He took a small sigh of relief. "Alright well, I have a girlfriend." I leaned up agaisnt the window and nodded. "See? That wasn't that hard....what's her name?"

He chuckled. "Miranda." I slightly rolled my eyes. "Oh...she sounds white? Is she white?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Half, but what difference does it make?" I shrugged. "It doesn't, I just wanted to know." I sat back in my seat slightly confused, since I had googled a few pictures of this so called chick he was dating, and all that popped up was some young blonde girl. I didn't know who the hell she was, but it's more than obvious now that it's not her.

He sighed. "Look, Miranda's been stayin with me for a few weeks, so my home, is her home, I want you to be on your best behavior and show her some respect, I know she's not your mother, but you still need to respect her ight?"

I rolled my eyes again before nodding my head. "Yeah daddy, sure." "Good." He pulled into the driveway, hitting the locks on the car.

"Remember Mara, watch your mouth." I sucked my teeth as I undid my seatbelt and pushed open my door.

"I'll get your bags, just go inside." I rolled my eyes as I walked up the tile walkway to the front door.

I put my hand on the knob, just about to open the door, when it swung open. I slightly stumbled back and frowned once I seen some lady smiling in the doorway.

"You must be Amara, how are you?" I paused for a second. "Im fine.." I slightly mumbled. "That's good, come on inside." She stepped to the side, motioning for me to come in.

I folded my arms across my chest and stepped inside. I could already feel myself getting annoyed, like who did she think she was inviting me into my dads home like Im some stranger.

I looked around the house, and frowned once I seen some new changes. The last time I as here a few months ago, things weren't this put together at all. The chandelier hanging in the front room was finally fixed and I noticed he had finished painting the house and putting up some pictures, I knew they weren't his though, my dad would never hang up this tacky shit.

"Oh, You must be taking in the new stuff." I swiftly turned around, facing her. "Your father told me you would notice, he says you have a good eye for that." She smiled at me as I put a fake smile on my face.

Half of me wanted to say something smart to her, but I could hear daddy's voice in my head, telling me to be respectful. I didn't know how long this would last, but atleast I could say I tried.

"..Yeah... I do." She smiled before walking over to me. "Im pretty sure your father will bring your bags up to your bedroom, I was just about to head out to do some shopping, I was hoping you would like to come with me." She flatened out her maxi dress before grabbing her Chanel bag from off the coat rack by the door.

I shook my head. "I'll pass, I have homework to do." I lied. Her smile faded into a soft frown. "..Oh..alright, well I guess I shouldn't hold you up then...I'll be back be for dinner later, maybe we can get to kno each othet then?"

I nodded my head, doing whatever to get her out of my face. "Yeah..sure." She pulled her bag up on her shoulder, just in time for daddy to be coming in with my bags.

"Damn Mara, what the hell you got in here?" He dropped my bags by the door, before catching his breath. "Im gunna have to get Michael to carry your bags upstairs." Miranda chuckled as she shook her head.

"Im about to go do some shopping, I'll be back before dinner, okay?" She placed her hand on his chest and kissed him on the lips. I softly sighed, rolling my eyes. "Ight, Mara, you going with Miranda?" She shook her head.

"Oh it's okay baby, I already asked her, she has to do homework, so it's fine." He gave me a weird look before looking back at her. "Ight, be safe." She smiled at the both of us before walking towards the door, leaving.

Once she closed the door behind herself, daddy took a deep breath and folded his arms across his chest, giving me the eye.

"What??" He shook his head. "You know what, why didn't you go shoppin with Miranda?" I shrugged. "Because I had homework." He shook his head.

"I know you, you hate homework, and you hate to do it, so I damn sure know that you ain't doin know homework on a Friday night." I sighed.

"Im goin upstairs." I turned around, not wanting to finish my conversation with him. I stepped up the stairs, and walked to the door, furthest down the hall and pushed it open.

I frowned once I seen my bed and un done, and a some clothes scattered around. I glanced over at the dresser, and seen a few products sitting there.

I took a deep breath and quickly turned back around, semi-running down the stairs. "Daddy." I stepped off the last step, and walked back over to him.

"Who's stuff is that in my bedroom? I thought your girl would be staying in your room." He sighed and nodded. "She is." I looked around the room slighlty confused. "..Okay..well if she is, then who's stuff is that in my room?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but the sound of his phone ringing stopped him. He pulled out his phone, taking a slight sigh of relief. "I gotta take this baby, just take your bags up to the guest room." He put his phone up to his ear and walked away.

I scrunched my face up, suprised at hat he just said. How dare he ask me to carry my on things for one, and took take them to the guest room, like Im not his daughter. I didn't know what this lady was doing to my father, but it was honestly making me dislike her even more.

I snatched my bags up off the ground and stomped my way upstairs to the guest room.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I hit the locks on my Benz and dropped my keys into my small clutch purse. It was about 9:30 and I was just arriving to the party Will and Marcus has invitied me too.

I carefully stepped up on the uneven concrete, making sure I wouldn't trip or fall in my heels from all the cobblestone. I could feel some eyes on me, as I walked down the rocky stepping stones, to the front door.

I glanced to my right and quickly looked away when I seen some boys I had never seen before posted up on the side of the house, drinking something out of a red plastic cup, staring at me with a smirk.

I cleared my throat and pushed my hair behind my ear, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone else.

I stepped up on the porch and was just about to knock on the door, when it swung open.

"Excuse me." A tall guy stumbled passed, me obviously drunk as hell. He ran down the small steps of the porch, to the lawn where he began throwing up.

I scrunched my face up and turned around, stepping into the house. I stood in the entrance, taking in all the people that were here.

I could see some females grinding on a couple of dudes in the living room and kitchen, dancing to the music that was blaring through the speakers.

Some guys were taking some girls upstairs, and other's were either walking around, getting some mysterious drink out a bowl or talking, well more like flirting, since some guys were all up in the girls' ear.

I stepped deeper into the house, deciding to go into the kitchen. I navigated my way around everyone who was in here, and grabbed a red cup. I wasn't a huge drinker, but I knew I was gunna need something in my system tonight to be here.

"Well if it aint the rich bitch." I cringed once I heard that familar voice behind me. I quickly spun around, and rolled my eyes in disgust once I seen Meeka standing there.

"What you doin all the way over here? This ain't yo neck off the woods." She pushed her long weave behind her shoulders, and shifted her weight to her left foot.

"Why am I always your concern?? Im here, and that's all that you need to know." She chuckled.

"Oooh, Tyree must be rubbin off on you, Im might just go out there and tell him to stop before he gets his girl fucked up."

I frowned. "By who? You?" She looked me up and down. "Who else?" I turned back around and poured some liquor into my red cup.

"Not you, you have yet to touch me." She smirked, obviously getting upset by my smart remarks.

"Tyree really needs to come get you...better yet I should call him for you." She looked over her shoulder into the living room before looking back at me.

I lifted a brow, looking past her. "Tyree's here?" She smiled. "Of course, you didn't know that?? Her smile faded into a fake frown. "Oh, don't tell me the two of you broke up because of little ol me?" She placed her hand on her chest as she chuckled.

"I could give him back to you if you like?" She smiled evily at me. I lifted my hand up, over my conversation with her. "No, you keep him, you need him more than I do." I looked her up and down, taking in her outfit.

Her chest was popping out of her small white beater, and her shorts were extremely tight, looking like she was about to get a yeast infection any second now.

I shook my head in disgust before brushing past her, making my way into the living room, away from her.

I didn't know what the hell her problem was. She had no absolute reason not to like me, but yet she hated my guts.

I took a small sip out of my cup as I scanned the room, looking for someone I knew. I didn't see too many kids here from school, only a few. The other kids that were here, had to be from different high schools.

I swayed back and forth to the music that was playing, as I watched everyone interact with one another. I wasn't sure if Marcus or Will was here yet, but I knew that as packed as it was in here, there's no way I would be able to find them.

"Hey Sexy." I looked to my left and put a small smile on my face, once I seen some guy standing beside me. "...Hello." He licked his lips, looking me up and down.

"How you doin?" I slowly nodded. "Im fine...and you?" "Im good.....I couldn't help but notice you standin here by yourself, I thought you'd need some company."

He licked his lips again and smirked at me. "Oh, no, Im fine, thanks." I took another sip of my drink and looked away from him.

"You sure? I could never leave such a beautiful girl standin by herself." I looked up at him, since he towered over me in height. "Im sure, thank you though." He rubbed his chin, while looking down at me.

He opened his mouth to speak again, but the sound of Marcus' voice cut him off. "Wassup fam?" He walked up and gave the guy dap. "Wassup." He turned to me and smiled. "You good ma?" I nodded. "Yeah Im fine."

"Oh, y'all know each other?" Marcus looked at me before turning back around to him. "Yeah." He smirked. "Ight cool, then you could help me persuade her to give me her number." He smiled at me, as I slightly smiled back.

"Nah, can't do that man." He frowned. "Why not? I know you ain't tryna cock block." He chuckled before wrapping his hands around my waist and pulling me into him. "She's with me, meaning, she's off limits."

"Oh damn, my bad man I ain't know." Marcus fanned him off. "It's cool."

He looked me up and down again before turning back to Marcus. "You one lucky ass nigga though, she's a bad one." I forced a smile on my face as they gave each other dap again. "Ight, I'll fuck with chu later blood."

He walked off, fixing his snap back on his head. Once he was completely out of sight, Marcus cleared his throat and let go of my waist.

"My bad." He said, flatening out the shirt he was wearing. "I saw you and Reese from across the room, and I had to do something." He chuckled, causing me to smirk. "Why? Is he bad news or something?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I mean, kinda, I just know how he is when it comes to females, so I just had to step in real quick." I slowly nodded. "Oh..okay....Thank you."

He gave me a slight head nod. "...You just got here?" "Yeah, I've only been here for a little while, I was trying to find you or Will, but it so damn packed in here."

He smirked. "I know, but you get used to it....Will's here, if you wanna see him." I nodded. "Yeah, where is he?" I sat my cup down on one of the small round tables, and followed Marcus through the crowds of people.

"Liyah, you made it." Will sat down his bottle of beer and gave me a hug. "Yeah, here I am." He nodded, looking me up and down. "Damn, what you all dressed up for? Did I miss the memo?" He chuckled, causing a few other people to chuckle.

I looked down at the jumpsuit and heels I wearing (MULTIMEDIA) and frowned. "Oh...I didn't think I was too dressed up. He smirked, grabbing my arm and holding up my hand. "Is that a Rolex?" I glanced down at the watch on my hand and nodded.

He took a sip from his beer bottle and smirked. "You look good though, so it's all good." I pushed my hair behind my ear, slightly smiling.

"So you gon show us some of yo moves tonight?" I laughed. "Are you? You probably can dance better than me." He smirked. "I might get my Chris Brown on tonight, you gon join me Marcus?" Marcus frowned and shook his head.

"Hell nah, you good." Will chuckled. "Damn, so you ain't gon dance?" Marcus shook his head. "What about you Aliyah?" I paused for a second before shaking my head. "Im fine."

He smiled widely. "Oh I see what's going on here." I frowned. "And what is that??" I folded my arms across my chest, waiting for him to speak again.

"The two people who crushin on each other, don't wanna dance, y'all scared to dance infront of each other??" Marcus sucked his teeth. "Shut the hell up fool." He laughed, before turning towards me.

"Come on Aliyah, you can tell me, just admit you got a lil crush on my nigga, and you scared to dance infront of him." I shook my head.

Marcus looked up at me, waiting for me to answer. "...That's not even true, so Im not admiting that." He nodded.

"So why can't y'all dance then?? I was plannin on fuckin it up tonight, y'all gon be the only two lames on the wall not dancing."

Marcus fanned him off. "Im not wit that dancin shit, so stop tryin me nigga." He grabbed the beer bottle behind Will's and gulped it down.

"But it's a party, y'all gotta bust a moveor something." He said, nudging Marcus." We both were silent. "I gotta idea." He started.

"Since y'all claim y'all ain't crushin on each other then prove it." I lifted a brow. "I dare the both of y'all to go dance with each other for ten minutes, while we time y'all."

Marcus shook his head. "Nah, Im gucci."

Will halfway smirked. "Nah, go ahead, if y'all dance with each other for ten minutes, I'll leave the both of y'all alone for the rest of the night, I swear."

I looked over at Marcus and held out my hand. "Dnace with me so he can shutup." Some of his friends ooh'd while other's laughed and clapped,hyping Marcus up.

He stood up from off the wall and grabbed my hand. He walked infront of me and led me out onto the dancefloor.

Amara P.O.V.

I rested my head on my hand, as I picked through the food on my plate. It was fifteen minutes into dinner, and I was already over it. "Oh Amara, I picked you up a few things while I was out, I hope you like them." She cut into her steak and placed a piece in her mouth.

"What you'd do that for??." Daddy cleared his throat, letting me know to change my response. "I mean...you didn't have to do that." She forced a small smile on her face.

"I know, but I wanted too, I have a good eye for fashion." I widened my eyes saracastically. "Im sure you do." I mumbled.

My phone vibrated in my lap, causing me to look down at it. I quickly dropped my fork, once I seen that my cousin Alicia had texted me.

I unlocked my phone, and went straight to her message.

ALICIA(10:01PM)- "Im here, where and when am I meeting you?"

I tapped on my message box to write her back, when Miranda started to speak again.

"Maybe sometime this weekend we can do smething together, you know, just us girls." I looked up and gave her a fake smile. "Maybe." I looked back down in my lap, and texted Alicia back.

"Your dad told me your really into makeup, maybe we can go down to the Mac store, or Sephora, and find some stuff together."

I sighed, turning off my screen. "Yeah maybe...if I don't have any other plans." Daddy lifted a brow. "And what other plans could you have??"

I bit down on my bottom lip, knowing that this would be a appropriate time to ask, just so I could get away for a little while. "Aliyah and I might go somewhere tommorow." He shook his head.

"You can see Aliyah anytime, you need to stay here a spend some time with ya old man." I softly smiled. "And I will, but I just can't stay in the house thw whole weeked daddy, I need to get out and see my friends too."

"She's right Rich." Miranda started. "Let her have some space." She smiled at me, and I slightly smiled back.

"Alright fine, you can go out tommorow, but only for a few hours, you need to spend some time with me and Miranda before I take you back to your moms Sunday night." I nodded. "Okay." Even though I didn't want to spend any time with Miranda, I just agreed to it so I can leave this house tommorow.

"So Amara, you go to Charleston High right?" I nodded. "Yeah, I do." She smiled. "My daughter finally moved out here with me, she just started there not to long ago...I know it's probably a big campus so you probably haven't met her yet."

I frowned. "Daughter?...Aren't you a little too young to have a daughter my age?" She chuckled, as she shook her head. "I'll take that as a compliment, but Im not that young, Im only a few years younger than your father." My frown deepend.

"..But your a model?" She nodded. "I am, as long as I keep my body right, I hope to be one as long as I can." She smiled, making me slightly gag in my mouth from all her niceness.

"She'll be here later tonight, she went to some party tonight, so you'll probably meet her in the morning." I lifted a brow. "Oh, she's staying in the room upstairs??" She nodded her head yes. "Yes she is." I looked over at my dad, who immediately looked down in his plate.

"Excuse me, I have to run to the little girl's room." She scooted her chair back and exited the dining room, leaving daddy and I alone.

"Why didn't you tell me she had a daughter?? And that she was my age??" I asked, leaning back into my seat. He sighed, sitting up straight. "Miranda told me not too, she wanted to tell you herself, you would have known earlier if you would have went with shopping with her. " I frowned.

"And she's staying in my bedroom?? How are you gunna let some girl take over my bedroom?" He sighed, shaking his head. "First of all, watch your mouth, and second, your never come over anymore, and Miranda moved in. And when her daughter came a few weeks later, where was I suppose to put her? In the guest room? You live with yo mom Mara, it's not like you don't have a bedroom of your own, this is her daughter's home noe too, she deserved a decent bedroom."

My frown deepend. "And what's wrong with the guest room?" "It's for guests, it's not a real bedroom, it doesn't even have a TV in there yet." I lifted a brow. "Oh, but your fine with puttin me in there??" He sighed. "You only come over for two days baby, it's not like it's a major sacrafice, you can watch TV downstairs in the living room."

I shook my head, pushing my chair back from the table. "Im going to bed." "Amara." I ignored him as I stood up from my seat and exited the dining room.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I placed my arms around Marcus' shoulders, as we slow danced together. I looked over Marcus shoulder and rolled my eyes when I seen him and his boys laughing and watching the time as we danced to some throwback slow jam.

I looked around at all the other people dancing together, most likely in a relationship, or talking. It made me slightly umcomfortable being this close to him, especially since he decided to hold on to my waist as we danced together.

I did feel kind of good for him to be holding me the way he was, but overall it was just awkward as hell. I looked up at the clock on the way and softly sighed once I seen only three mnutes had passed.

I looked over at Will, who was smiling and tapping his finger on his wrist, enjoying the hell out of this.

"Is we really gon do this for ten minutes??" Marcus asked, finally looking at me. I smirked. "We don't have too, but you know Will's gunna have something to say if we don't." He sucked his teeth. "Fuck Will, he's just being a pain in the ass as usual." I chuckled.

"Well I'll stop, if you stop." Marcus nodded, slowing sliding his hands off my waist, as if he didn't want to let me go. I cleared my throat and removed my arms from around his shoulders.

He motioned for me to step infront of him, so I could get off the dancefloor. I was just about to walk infront of him, when I slightly jumped from someone calling my name.

 "Aliyah!" I quickly turned around and sighed, when Tyree appeared infront of me. He sized Marcus up before looking at me. "What you doing here?" I frowned. "I don't have to answer to you." He sucked his teeth. "Don't play with me, what you doin here?"

"What are you doing here??" I asked with some curiousity. "I thought you didn't know anybody that lived over here?" He was silent. "But then again, you were fuckin with Meeka, so who knows who you know." He rubbbed his chin, getting upset.

"This the date you was talkin bout?" He asked, changing the subject. "This nigga took you to a house party on the first date?? Shit atleast I took you to a restuarant, you really done downgraded these days Li."

"I'll downgrade my foot in yo ass, if you keep fuckin with me nigga." Marcus said, steppin up. I held up my hand, slightly pushing him back. "Don't even bother, he's not worth it, he never was." Tyree chuckled.

"Was that suppose to hurt me? You gotta come better than that." I clenched my jaw together, trying to stay calm.

"Well I hope y'all enjoy y'all broke ass first date, when you finish playin with this dude, you know where to find me." He winked at me before turning around.

"Tyree you good over here, fam?" Cordarius pushed passed a few people, stepping into the circle we were in. "Yeah, I was just finished over here." Before I could even open my mouth to speak, Will and the rest of Marcus friends stepped up out of nowhere.

"Is there a problem over here?" Will asked, fixing his snapback. Cordarius smirked, holding up both of his hands. "Damn, what this is? Y'all security now?" They were all silent.

Cordarius chuckled to himself again before looking over at me. "Hey ma." "Hey.." I said lowly.

"What you doin all the way over here? You seem a little out of place." Tyree chuckled. "She on a date, with Marcus." His brows shot up.

"Oh word? Damn Li, that's how you doin it now?? I mean, you and my nigga just broke up, but it's cool." I l slightly frowned. Wasn't he the main one trying to talk to me? He didn't even care that I used to go with Tyree, he was always trying to spit game at me, all he used to say was fuck Tyree, and that I needed to be with him.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Will cut me off. "She ain't yo girl to be checkin for." Cordarius lifted a brow. "Damn Ree, I thought you said she was with Marcus, she done got all these niggas sprung."

Will pulled me to the side, to where I was no longer in the way. "You always tryna start some shit, you could never just stay yo light skin ass on the opposite side of the room, wassup? It's obvious you tryna do something, so make a move, the police ain't gon be here to save yo ass this time around."

He cracked his knuckles, before balling his hands up in fists. "You don't want it with me Will, trust me you don't." Will fanned him off. "I ain't with that talkin shit, if you gon do some shit, do it, save all that talkin for yo hoes."

He chuckled, nodding his head slowly. "Square up then nigga." My eyes widened once I realized what was about to go down. The crowd moved back, making room for Will's crew and Cordarius crew, that some how made there way over to him.

As soon as Will threw his set up, the sound of gunshot's going off, caused me to jump. I quickly ducked down, along with everybody else. I could hear some girls screaming, and everybody started to shuffle around, trying to find away out the house.

I started to follow some of the other people in one direction, when I felt someone's hand roughly grab my arm, and pull me towards them.

"Stand up, but stay ducked down!" Marcus yelled over all the screaming. I followed his directions as he hand slipped down in mine, and held it tightly.

We ran in the opposite direction of everybody else, who were all trying to stuff themselves through the front door of the house. Marcus pushed open one of the doors in the back of the house and let me go out first.

I quickly ran down the small steps and stepped onto the grass. "Come on, we gotta go." He pulled his keys out of his pocket and sped walked over to his Truck. He unlocked the door and hopped inside, and unlocked the passenger door from the inside. "Get in."

I hurried up and got inside his truck, finding it a little difficult since I had on heels. Once I fully made it in the car, I shut the door as he started the car up. He pulled off down a back road, driving as fast as he could.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "...You alright?" He asked, glancing over at me. I nodded. "..Yeah Im fine." I lied. I was slightly shaking in my seat, but I didn't need him knowing that I was scared.

I relaxed my body in the seat and leaned back. I took another deep breath, trying to stop my body from shaking.

"What's your address,so I can get you home." I paused before answering. "Um...it's....1034 Greenbury Drive." He nodded. "Ight."

He glanced over at me again, before placing his eyes back on the road. "...You sure you good?" I nodded, forcing a small smile on my face. "Yeah, Im fine." He lifted a brow and looked back over at me.

"Your hands are shakin." I slightly cleared y throat and shook my head. "Im okay, really Im fine." "You sure?" He started. "I can pull over and give you a few minutes to calm dowm ma." I shook my head. "N-no, I-Im fine."

He sighed, switching on his lights to move over in the lanes. He drove for a few more seconds, before pulling over on the side of the road.

He unbuckled his seatbelt before turning to me. "You good? You ain't gon spazz out on me or no shit like that?" I chuckled a little. "No Im not, Im fine, I just need a minute to breath."

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. "Im sorry about that, I ain't know that was gon happen tonight." I lifted a brow. "The shooting? Or Will and Cordarius' beef?" He rubbed his small beard before smirking. "Both."

"It's fine, Im sure you didn't know." He nodded. "That's one of the main reason why I ain't want you to come tonight, sometimes some crazy shit be goin down, and I didn't want you to be apart of it." I slightly frowned.

"...Why not?" He shrugged. "Because... I know your not use to be around shit like that.....you come from a different place." I was silent.

"That's why I was seemed so uneasy about you comin, it had nothing to do about you being to bougie to show up or some shit." "Oh.." I said lowly.

"And." He started. "I kinda heard that yo ex dude was coming too." I frowned. "You knew Tyree was gunna be there??" He nodded. "Not for sure, I just had heard he might, but I should have known he was, especially since Cordarius was there."

I turned to him, slightly curious. "Since when did him and Cordarius become so close??" He shrugged. "Recently I guess...." I shook my head.

"He's not even the same person anymore, it's like he's a mini Cordarius, did you hear the way he was speaking to me?" He scratched the back of his neck and nodded. "Yeah."

"He was so damn rude and disrespectful, I could barely recognize him by the way he was talking."

"I know." He mumbled. "...Why would he think I was on a date with you?? Just becuase we was together, don't mean we datin." I softly sighed. "..That's because I kind of told him we were going on one." He frowned.

"I told him I was going on a date to piss him off, and when he asked with you...you were the first person to pop up in my mind...Im sorry.'' He shook his head. "Nah I get it." We both were silent for a few seconds.

 "....I have no clue why he's been with Cordarius lately....he doesn't even like anybody, besides his crew that he runs with." I said, changing the subject.

"Most likely his using dude for something." I lifted a brow. "For something like what??" He leaned back into his seat and shrugged. "Ion know, but knowing Cordarius, he's using that nigga, trust me." I slightly frowned.

".....What happened between the two of you?....I mean, you used to be really cool with one another....and then all of a sudden things changed....what happened?" He cleared hs throat, before sitting straight up in his seat.

"Just some bullshit ion care to discuss." I nodded, sitting up. "Okay.."

"You good now, or you need more time?" I shook my head, Im fine." He focused his eyes back on the road as he started up the car.

**************************************

I took a sigh of relief once Marcus pulled up in my driveway. It took about forty minutes to get here, since the streets were so busy tonight. I glanced down at my phone and sighed once I seen it was a little over 12 am. I told my mom that I would be back around 11:30, so I knew they had to be concerned with where I was, I was suprised that I only had two missed calls from her.

"...Thanks for taking me home." Marcus nodded. "No problem." He pushed open his door and hopped out the car, making his way over to my side.

I stuffed my phone back into my clutch purse as he opened up my door for me. "You need some help?" I shook my head. "I got it, thanks." I held onto the inside of his car as I hopped out.

He shut the door behind me and walked with me up to the front door.

".....I know I apologized before, but Im sorry about tonight ight?" "It's fine, Im not hurt or anything, so we're good."

I smiled at him, and he slightly smiled back. "...You people gon be cool with you comin back so late?" I sighed. "I don't know, I was suppose to be home a half hour ago, so Im not even sure what Im about to walk into."

He slowly nodded. "...I can stay around for a few minutes...if you need me to talk to them....and explain why your late." I shook my head.

"No it's fine, you've done enough tonight, thanks." I reached into my purse and pulled out my car keys. "Oh shit!!!" I whisper-yelled.

"I left my car there, if my dad finds out I left my brand new car somewhere, he'll kill me forreal." He chuckled.

"I'll handle it." I frowned. "How?? As soon as he see's my car missin in the morning, Im dead." I wiped my forehead, not sure of what to do.

"Give me your car keys." My frown deepend. "What??" He sighed. "Give me your car keys....trust me."

I paused before taking my car key off the ring and handing it to him. "Don't worry about it ight? I got it." A small formed on my lips. "...Thank you." "It's nothing." We stood infornt of the door, staring at one another.

He stepped slightly closer to me, causing me to step closer to him. He looked down at my lips, and licked his. All of a sudden, I felt his hands wrap around my waist, pulling me into him.

He leaned into me, kissing me. I grabbed the back of his neck, enjoying every second of him, when all of a sudden, he pulled back from me. He cleared his throat boefore looking back up at me.

"...Goodnight." "Goodnight." I said lowly. He walked away from me, and back over to his car. He jumped in as quick as he could and drove off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aliyah in the Multimedia.

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
4M 196K 101
✅ "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥 ↯ ⚔︎ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴇᴅ ⚔︎ ...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...