Gate Keepers Timeline Trouble

By yugenbard

Based on the anime/manga series "Gate Keepers". A defeated opponent appeared in the 90's, in the ASEAN region... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

18 0 0
By yugenbard

"So, you are a Gate Keeper too, like those in the news?"

"Yes, I've told you that already, didn't I?"

"Yes you did, and you are a member of the Alien Exterminating Global Intercept System, I thought AEGIS was a joke?"

"Yes. Why do you keep asking me questions that you already know the answer to?"

"Well, nothing. Just nothing. I still can't believe that my girlfriend is one of them." He smiled.

Loids laughed.

"What's funny? Hmm… what is your gate then?" He asked.

"It's the Gate of Love," Loids smirked.

"What?!" He exclaimed, shocked. "Don't tell me you used your gate to make me fall-in-love with you?"

She stared at him seriously, "Maybe. I can't remember anymore." She tilted her head the way she always does when struggling with a thought, "Why? You don't like it? You should be thankful and glad I chose you. Who knows, you might still be a loser today…"

He interrupted, "It's not that I don't like it, how can I not? You're so beautiful, divine…"

"Liar," she replied back and looked away from him.

"It's just that, it's like you've cast a spell on me, and that means what I'm feeling for you is not real!" He sighed. "Much more, if you don't like me anymore you can just remove what I'm feeling for you, and," he paused, preparing to accept the reality if what he's thinking is true, "and… You see. I am a person, not a toy, not a robot." He continued very sadly.

Laughing hard she said, "No! It is real! What you are feeling is as real as you can imagine!" She started to reassure her boyfriend, "I was just kidding, you know. I do not use my ability in such unethical ways, it's unfair. Besides I want is someone who truly loves me and not someone who I just spell-bound as you've said," she said while caressing him.

"As you say so. I will take your word," he replied smiling a bit. "I love you dear."

"I love you too, John," she replied with her sweet voice and embraced him tight. "I'm sorry if my joke hurt you, I didn't mean it that way."

"Commander! Negative energy detected at Rizal Park," shouted Tess.

The commander stood up. A tall man of about six feet, light skinned, with deep black eyes. Hailing from one of the largest Chinese clans in the Philippines, a well-built body and handsome face, which made him famous among the women in the headquarters. Always mistaken as 23-year old young adult but in reality, he's a 30-year old military guy.

He pressed a key on his table and said, "Gate Keepers, make a sortie!"

"Let's go to the mall shall we?" asked Loids.

"Sure, why not," John replied smiling.

The couple left their school and headed for the mall a kilometer away. As college freshmen, the couple are too sweet to each other that rumours abound they're actually married already. Loids, a five and a half petite girl with long black, straight hair a few inches below her shoulders, born from a Chinese family. She was gifted with pointed nose, pink, kissable lips, and beautiful eyes. She also possessed a slim body and a natural friendly aura which gets the attention of not just the other guys but also the girls, single or not. She loves her family and her first love very much, she cares about them.

The red-alarm on her watch beeped. She pressed a button and a small window showed up. The face of a man appeared on the screen and said, "Gate Keepers, make a sortie!"

She answered, "Roger, AEGIS!" She then placed an earpiece on her right ear.

"A negative energy source was detected at Rizal Park. It disappeared very fast. According to our personnel in the area, an unknown Gate Keeper just appeared from nowhere and enveloped the area with deep depression." The commander continued, "You must find the negative Gate Keeper and see what you can do. Be careful, we do not know the person's gate and what it can do. Good luck to all of you." The screen went dark and the watch returned to being a watch.

After listening to the details, she looked at her boyfriend and said, "John, I'm sorry…"

"I understand, do your job well."

"Yes, I will, for you. Wait me here." She replied with a smile and ran towards Rizal Park.

"Loids, wait for me, I'm coming."

"Roger, Anna."

"Where are you Loids and Anna?" asked Allan.

"I'm already here at Rizal Park," replied Loids.

"I'm almost there, one more street to cross," Anna added.

"Okay, we're coming by the portal," Allan said.

Rizal Park was the place where the Philippine national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal was executed, now a national park. A beautiful place where people can spend their time. There are huge very old trees around the park and a grand Philippine map at the center of the area. There was also a public cinema at the right side, a restaurant where the deaf and mutes happily serve and own, and people sitting and resting everywhere on the grass.

However, the once happy, family park was gone. Emotional depression fills the air. People are fighting and quarreling. There are cries coming from little children and no one to attend to them. Some on the floor digging dirt. And worst scene of all, the blood and the dead bodies littering the place.

A crystal ring of light appeared out-of-nowhere and from it two people came out. Another right of light appeared, this time it's silver. It enclosed the park to prevent people from coming in and out.

"Good work, Anna. It will prevent anymore people into coming here and joining this horror," Allan shouted.

"Thanks," she replied and nodded to Loids and Val.

"Okay, everybody listen up. Help the injured, the children, the elderly, and anyone else still alive while I search for that intruder," Allan ordered.

"Roger, AEGIS," replied the other three agents.

"Gate Open", Loids whispered. "Fill the atmosphere with understanding and love." A red gate opened and small streaks of clear red light shoot out from it and hit every living being in the area. Then the people began to recover from the depression and began to comprehend things beyond what they used to. One of the effects of her gate.

"Gate Open," shouted Val. A crystal ring appeared again but this time near every person in the area. "Ok, let them pass through the gates, it will lead them to the hospitals."

"No problem," Anna and Loids said in unison and went to work.

"Commander, the Gate Keeper has been detected again!" Tess shouted.

"Gate Keepers prepare for an encounter," the commander ordered.

"Roger, AEGIS," the agents acknowledged.

A sinister laugh was heard everywhere and a black gate appeared at the other side of the park. "Good work AEGIS puppets! I never thought you can save these pitiful beings in time." A man with a black coat, black shade, black eyes, and black hair stepped from the black gate.

"Tsk," Allan murmured.

"Who is he? Can he be…" Anna asked in disbelief.

"Can't be, it was 28 years ago, and this guy is at our age," repleid Val, assuringly.

"But…" Loids was interrupted.

"No, he isn't Reiji Kageyama you fools," a woman shouted, who appeared from another black gate. She is as tall as the guy besides her, about five feet and eight inches in height. She looked like a perfect woman, wearing a white blouse and a mini-skirt, and deliberately showing her smooth, skinny legs.

"And who the hell are you?" Loids shouted.

"Ah, the Gate Keeper of Love! You sound like you are angry at me, or maybe you are jealous of how I look?" teased the woman.

"No, I'm not and won't," she answered.

Suddenly, Allan shouted, "Gate Open!"

"Oh no you don't! Gate Open!" A gray ring of light appeared on top of Allan. "Sleep!" Allan dropped, asleep.

"Gate Open!" Val shouted.

Out-of-nowhere another voice was heard, "Gate Open!" A colorless ring of light appeared. "Gate Stop!" Val's Gate of Portal disappeared.

"What the…" Val cursed angrily.

A boy laughed, "See? They are useless. We shouldn't have bothered to check their capabilities, I am right all along. We should've conquered this place already!"

"No, I want these Gate Keepers to kneel down before us. I want them to realize that no one can beat us. And I want them to join us once they know they are hopeless against us!" Exclaimed the black Gate Keeper.

"Remember this AEGIS-Philippines and you Gate Keepers, we, the New Order of Gate Keepers will conquer this country and no one can stop us!"

"Yes, no one! We will see you again, this is only an introduction for you AEGIS puppets," the woman added.

A streak of red light streaked towards the black Gate Keeper. "Gate Open! Deflector shield!" The red light was deflected up to the sky. "Do you honestly think you can beat me? Your level is way too low, fool!" He declared loudly, "Shadow edge!"

Black lights burst out from his black gate and headed towards Loids, but it disappeared after it hit a force field around her. "Thanks Anna."

"No problem," she replied.

"You are lucky to have a friend ready to protect you. I wonder how long your friendship will last. Until our next encounter," said the black Gate Keeper.

Then three gates appeared and the three went in and were gone.

"Good work. You saved a lot of people in time two days ago. But I'm afraid we have to train more or else next time…" the commander said.

"Yes, sir," replied the Gate Keepers determined to improved their skills.

"We already coordinated with the AEGIS-ASEAN Central Command and they said that it is the same group that has been attacking the other countries for the past three years already. They said that this group, who call themselves the New Order of Gate Keepers, has members of about twenty-seven Gate Keepers."

"And only Gate Keepers?" interrupted Allan.

"Yes. And they are not easy to detect because of the fact that… that not all of them are negative Gate Keepers or is using the negative side of their Gates," the commander explained worriedly.

"No way", replied the Gate Keepers, now whispering to each other.

"Does this mean we have a new enemy?" asked Anna.

"And not only that Anna, we are fighting with people who are also using a positive Gate which AEGIS-ASEAN has no way of detecting but…" Val commented.

"A very good intelligence network," interrupted Tess.

"Right," continued the Commander, getting back the center of attention. "All members of AEGIS-ASEAN and especially here, the AEGIS-Philippines has been called to duty. Everybody are now on active duty twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. This is all that we can do. We don't have any equipment yet. The AEGIS committee has not told us if they already have equipment for this kind of situations.

"Train more. Train harder. Master your abilities, this is for your own good, for your country, for the world, for humanity.

"You are all dismissed."

"Roger, AEGIS," the Gate Keepers saluted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 79 11
Nasa returned home to find his loving wife, Tsukasa, cheating on him with his Best Friend Tyler. Heartbroken, he cut off all ties with her and enlist...
1.6K 84 12
(カードファイト!! ヴァンガードG: Re:異世界) (Kaadofaito!! Vangaado G: Re:Isekai) [A CRAY'S COLLAPSE EXTENDED UNIVERSE (CCEU) STORY] This is the sequel to "Cardfight...
16.7K 645 27
August 22 1999, Wäldereich Federation just launching its new warship, suddenly the sky blanketed by bright white light. After several seconds of unce...
13.8K 196 19
Note: This is a resubmitted story of mine after my Facebook account was blocked via Checkpoint. Anyways, here is the complete revision of my fanfic t...