the phoenix

Por KamarBensouda

'This is it.' I thought to myself, I'm dying. It almost felt freeing, to know all my pain and suffering, all... Mais

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 2

3 1 0
Por KamarBensouda

The moment I crossed the pack's borders my connection with them was cut. It was like a snap of scissors cutting a line in my mind. I know that they felt it too so I had to hurry up and get as far as possible. I changed into my wolf with great difficulty since amethyst was still weak. I kept running and running and running, never stopping even as the sky got darker. I probably ran for a whole day straight before I collapsed for the first time, truthfully, I didn't know where I was going. I knew that I now qualified as a rogue since I don't have a pack. I didn't know if I was going to try and join another pack or if I was going to stay a rogue. All I knew for certain was that whether or not I joined a new pack I had to be as far away as possible from my former one.

I had been running for days now, only resting for a few hours in between each run. The only way I kept track of the days was by the sunrise and sunset. I was completely exhausted, starved and sleep deprived. Amethyst was still affected by the silver injuries and was more weak than usual. We were currently running; all our senses were blurred because of the lack of sleep when I was suddenly tackled on my right. In my weak state I went flying a couple of feet before skidding to a stop. I decided to change back to my human form, my clothes still intact with the change, knowing that it was not a rogue but that I accidentally trespassed on a pack's territory and that he was not alone. Noticing my submission, the wolf also changed back.

"I'm, I'm sorry I didn't mean to trespass I was just passing thro- "I started shakily, but before I could finish, darkness overtook me.

When I finally came to, I realized they had moved me to a room. I was on a comfortable bed and 7 pair of eyes were currently staring deep into me. A rush of panic went over my mind. I cowered back in the bed and held on to the blanket tightly.

"Guys, stop staring at her like that, you're scaring the poor thing." One of them said, stepping forward.

The aura around the boy seemed to have calmed Amethyst down, and so had the same effect on me as well. I took the time to look at him since I was still wary of the others. He seemed to be 5ft10 and still growing. He had medium long almost shoulder length, straight copper hair that was tied in a stylish half ponytail in the back. His skin was of a pale ivory skin tone. He had winter grey eyes hidden behind trendy square clear glasses. He had a lean body and broad shoulders. His arms looked well defined in the sleeveless grey shirt he was wearing.

"I, I, I, I'm sorry, I, I, I, didn't mean t-t-t-to trespass. I, I, I'll leave right away." I kept on stuttering ready to leave as soon as possible.

"You can't leave just yet. The Alpha is the one who decides your fate, so to speak. We gotta wait for him." Another boy declared stepping forward.

The boys seemed to be the same height as the previous one. He had a trendy haircut with his hair all gelled up in a messy manner, almost in a quiff. It was a very funky red that could only be the result of hair dye. He had green eyes and fair skin. He had an athletic body where you can see his muscles but not in an overly built way.

At the mention of the Alpha, I started panicking, not having the happiest memory of Alphas. I started shaking, the fear consuming me. Amethyst tried to calm me, but my mind just kept replaying my last night at the pack with Logan. One of the only two girls in the room slowly approached me, kneeling next to me.

She was absolutely stunning. She must've been 5ft5 with pale ivory skin. She had long voluminous curly ginger red hair framing her face. She gunmetal blue eyes and freckles across her nose and cheeks. She had a fit lean body. she had a certain serene aura that seemed to have calmed me already.

"Don't worry, I promise we are not going to harm you. The Alpha is just going to ask a few questions." She told me calmly.

At that moment the door opened, and an aura of power whisked over the room. It took everything in me not to cower away in the blanket.

"Hello, I am Alpha Jones. I am going to ask you a few questions. All you need to do is answer me truthfully and we won't have a problem. Understood?" The tall towering man demanded.

All I could do was nod, the fear seeping back in me.

"First why were you in our territory?" He questioned.

"I was running away from my pack. I had been running for days, I didn't realise that I had entered your territory." I answered shakily.

"Does the reason you ran away have anything to do with those bruises on your body?" He inquired, nodding at my body.

That was when I realized that I wasn't wearing my hoodie and that the bruises on my arms and collarbones were visible, in my weak state the bruises took longer to heal. I tried covering myself with my arms.

"Partially." I whispered.

I sat up, the blanket falling off me. I sigh in defeat knowing that if I had a chance of surviving, I had to be completely truthful. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it up until my whole torso was exposed, closing my eyes to not see their reactions. I heard gasps of shock all around the room. They knew that the only thing to leave a scar like this is silver, every werewolf knew that fact.

"What kind of monsters would do this kind of thing?"

I opened my eyes to see who said that. The boy was probably the same height as the other boys and seemed equally as handsome. He had beautiful sparkling brown eyes and clear, smooth chocolate skin. He had a short, curly, casual, black afro and had an athletic body. his muscles were very clear through the tight dress shirt and black fit jeans he was wearing.

"The son of the Alpha." I whispered scared as I attempted a look to the Alpha. I turned my body around as best as I could and showed them the scars on my whole back. Another round of gasps took over the room.

"How about you tell us the story from the start." The Alpha suggested in a kind tone.

And so, I did. I told them everything, my parents' death, the fact that I was blamed for it. The insults, the abuse, where they left me to die at the age of 3. Making me the slave of the pack, not letting me eat or sleep properly. And finally, about that night. How I was blamed for Logan not finding his soulmate. How he said I cursed the whole pack. How I stood up for myself and how he didn't like it which resulted in the scars. How I died that night and my brother resurrecting me. I told them about my note and my decision to leave, leaving Mason behind but promising him to see him again. By the end of the whole story, I was in complete tears again. I was surprised I haven't gone dry with the amount of tears I poured over the last few days alone. I tried to compose myself, wiping my tears away.

"If I get my hands on that piece of scum, he is dead!" A boy exclaimed, stepping towards me.

I jumped and flinched at the loud voice on instinct. I heard a smack and looked up to see an identical version of the same boy had smacked him upside the head.

They both looked to be 5ft10 with messy medium side bangs blond hair. They had cognac eyes and natural light skin. They had the surfer body with broad shoulders and strong arms and legs. The only difference between the two is that the smacked one had ash blond hair and a dimple on his right cheek while the other one had sandy blond hair and his dimple was on the left cheek. They both had snugged sweatpants of different colors and casual t-shirts. By the looks of it, those two were obviously identical twins.

"She just told us about her past and the first thing you do is frighten her?" Left dimple scolded his brother and then turned to address me. "You must excuse my brother he was born without a brain. I'm Brennan and the idiot is Sebastian. I think what he was trying to say in his own stupid way is that your former pack are horrible people and you didn't deserve what they did to you."

"That is exactly what I said!" Sebastian shouted, once again making me flinch.

"Will you stop scaring the poor girl." The other girl in the room insisted passing Sebastian and standing next to the red head by the bed.

This girl must've been 5ft6, she had a caramel, curvy, hourglass body. she had beautiful ebony eyes and long wavy clearly dyed, dark blue hair. She was wearing black leather pants that accentuated her long legs and a sleeveless opened sides grey shirt.

"I apologize on his behalf; Sebastian doesn't have any volume control. I'm Lilianna, but you can call me Lilli or Anna."

I looked at them cautiously not being used to this much kindness and wondering why they were being so nice. Amethyst told me to thrust them, but it was hard. I was never treated nicely by a werewolf before, other than my brother.

"I wanna offer you something." The Alpha piped up, sitting next to me. By instinct I scooted back and kept my gaze down. "I know you had a hard past with your old pack and I am very sorry about that. You did not deserve that treatment; especially what that boy did to you. And I know my apology won't change the past, but I wanna offer you a place in this pack. I know that with your very difficult past with your own pack, you might have some difficulties trusting other people and that's fair. But I want to give you a chance to see that not all packs are like that. I wanna help you put down the walls you've build around in your mind. Help you get rid of the fear that is ruling your life. I wanna help you reach the full potential that I can feel inside of you. I know I can help you be the person you were destined to be, if you'll have me that is."

I felt something inside of me tugging at my heart and tears filling my eyes, but not with sadness. This was different, it was a light sensation, warming my heart.

~It's happiness. ~Amethyst told me.

~Can I really trust them? ~ I asked my wolf, since she was the only one I trusted.

~I think you should. I know it may seem like the scariest thing you'll ever do, but I have a good feeling about this pack. ~ she responded.

She was right, for as long as I can remember I have never felt this warm feeling in my chest. I can't even remember the last time I smiled, if I ever did.

"I would like to join." I whispered, looking at the Alpha for the first time.

"Great! Let's get the introduction going then. You already know who I am, the guy with the glasses is Nikita, he doesn't speak much. The guy next to him with the red hair is Drew, don't let his appearance fool you, he is a real softie. This beauty next to me is Irene and unlike her fiery hair she is very serene. You know the twins and don't be fooled by this loud exterior they are actually way worse." She introduced each of them, the twins protesting. "And lastly, Quenton. I know that he looks intimidating but he is a real teddy bear once you get to know him."

Alpha Jones gave me a kind smile, which made him look ten times younger. He reached his hand slowly towards me, to not scare me, and softly wiped my cheeks. The twins cheered loudly making me flinch yet again. I heard Drew mutter 'would you stop scaring the girl already.' They kept on bickering back and forth playfully.

"Talia." I whispered softly.

Everyone stopped talking and turned to looked at me.

"My name is Talia." I piped up slightly louder.

"Ok, lets make it official. I, Alpha Alastair Jones, accepts Talia..." Alpha Jones started, but then paused waiting for my last name.

"Hawkins." I responded.

"Talia Hawkins into the crimson shadow pack as an official member." He finished.

I felt like a click in my mind and I knew it was the bond of the pack forming.

He was walking towards me his evil smirk looking even more evil in the darkness of the room, a single light shining through. I could see the glint of the knife, threatening. I kept crawling, not seeming able to move a single muscle. I screamed for help as he stood right in front of me, laughing evilly as he started stabbing me relentlessly. I kept screaming, the fear, the pain all coming through me in a wave.

"Just kill me! Let me die! Kill me!" I kept screaming, trashing around.

"Talia, Talia you're okay, you're safe. Its okay, shhh, it was just a dream." Alpha Alastair stood next to my bed shaking me gently awake.

I sit up quickly, looking at my surroundings before it all came back to me again. I started crying muttering the same thing again and again.

"He should've just let me die." As I muttered that, Alpha Alastair sat by my side and held me until I calmed down and fell back asleep.

I had the same nightmare every night, Logan coming into my room to finish the job, which scared me to death every time. But every time I would wake up Alpha Jones was there to comfort me. It had been a few days now since I became a member of the crimson shadow pack. The girls always made sure I was eating and helped increase my portions slowly. The boys tried to get me to talk more or at least smile or laugh. Mostly I had been keeping to myself and didn't speak much. I was still cautious and scared around everyone. I was outside watching them train; Alpha Jones told me that he wanted me to be completely healed and get my eating intake under control before he started training me. Sebastian was currently sparring with Quenton, they were training in their human forms and joking around. Sebastian was trying to get my attention and he somehow ended up sucker punching himself in the face. The bewildered look on his face is what made me lose it. A bubbling sound came from deep within me that caused them all to look at me. I was actually genuinely laughing for the first time in a very long time. I couldn't stop laughing and it felt so good. They didn't know what to do, so they just kept looking at me, happily confused.

"Yes! I made her laugh! Hell yeah!" Sebastian screamed in joy, making me flinch.

Irene rubbed my back in a comforting manner to get me to relax again. Everyone was simply laughing at Sebastian's antics.

"At your own expense, dumbass." Drew teased, sitting down next to me.

I couldn't help but smile while everyone was laughing. I never felt like this before. Happy. I was being cautious about them, but they haven't stopped trying to make me laugh. To actually make me feel happy and safe. No one ever did that before and I thought that maybe it would be good to start opening up to them.    

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

4.2K 250 8
This love can make me... or end me... ------------------------------------------------ My life was suppose to be simple... Well, as simple as being a...
31.3K 1.8K 32
An Alpha female finds her inner Alpha and grows in power. Will she find her mate? Is he her true mate? What are the Rouges planning? Will her over pr...
592K 15.2K 27
Isabella Rose White hasn't always had a hard life. It all started with the sudden death of her grandparents. Her pack started to treat her differentl...
1.2M 30.7K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...