His Sweet Bella

By ssupppppy

What happens when attraction turns into obsession? Heart breaks, blood spills, and life ends. Arabella, a n... More

Obsession
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 10

36.9K 1.2K 565
By ssupppppy

She is just a maid. 

Maid or caretaker, the same fucking shit. 

Killian was furious with himself for even thinking about her in that way. He could never be attracted to a low life like her. Someone as plain as her. Her clothes reflected her lack of class. Her conduct spoke of her crudeness. Her flat-like-board frame revealed her poor status. An orphan on top of that. Who knows whose blood is running through her veins. She was everything that turns him off and yet.... 

Killian has a class, a status. Even his whores possess a certain class and prestige in society.

He doesn't fuck women with no class. That's just beneath him.

He needed to clear his head. Perhaps the lack of sex was messing with his head. Yes. It has to be it. He concluded that he needed a good hard fuck. 

There is nothing a good fuck can't solve. 

........................       

Today is Angela's 7th birthday. A big day. Ara is rushing off her feet preparing for the occasion. She was going to make the day as special for her as possible. 

Angela didn't have a proper birthday celebration since her parents' death. She had no one who would wake her up singing the birthday songs to her. No one would kiss her cheeks and tell her how lucky they are to have her in their lives. No one to pull her into a warm hug. The only difference between the other day and her birthday was the grand dinner that would take place on her birthday. 

Jennifer had told Ara how the little girl had lost her spirit after death claimed her parents' life. Ara was familiar with the stinging feeling of loneliness, being parentless. No child should feel on their own. Lonely. Ara and Angela were similar in many ways. They both had lost their parents. Even though they were surrounded by people who cared for them, they both were all alone. And they both needed an anchor to buoy them up. Ara never had one growing up but she was determined to become Angela's anchor. She will be her family.

Carrying a chocolate fudge cake that she had baked for Angela, she headed towards her room.

Last night, she was two minds regarding looping in Mr. Serrano about her plan for Angela's birthday. After pondering over it for like hours, she decided to inform him in the morning over breakfast. However, to her relief, Mr. Serrano had already left for work early in the morning. Ara was a tad bit disappointed in him though. He should have at least wished Angela her birthday before leaving. After all, he was the only person Angela had as a family.  

Jennifer, Robert, and other staff members followed her as she made her way into Angela's room. She turned on the light and found the little girl buried under the velvety duvet; only her blond mop was peeking out the cover. Ara turned on the light. The room brightened up divulging the decoration lacing the room. Ara had already decorated her room with pink and white blown-up balloons. A giant "Happy Birthday," banner was hanging on the wall across her bed. Gift boxes piled up on her bedside table. She had also laid her gift along with Jennifer's and others. She had bought a coloring set for her. Angela loved to draw. 

She padded towards the little sleeping beauty. A soft smile graced her lips as she peeled the blanket off Angela's tiny face. 

She gently slid the unruly baby hair off her round face. 

"Wake up, Princess," she started stroked her soft hair affectionately. Angela whined and turned to another side.   

"I know you are awake. Get up, Angel," Ara faked a stern voice. 

"Five minutes, Ary," Angel replied groggily

"No 5 minutes. It's time to wake up or do you want me to go the hard way?" a playful smile tugged her lips at the idea.

With that said, Ara crept her hand down her face. Angel's face broke into a toothy smile when Ara moved her fingers towards her belly. Without a warning, she started tickling her sensitive spot, causing her to burst into a bout of a giggle. Angela unveiled her sleepy eyes.   

"Are you awake now?" Ara asked, not ending her tickling torture. 

"Yes, yes. Pease, stop," Angela blubbered through her laughter while rolling from side to side, in an attempt to escape.  

Ara laughed along with her.

She stopped tickling Angela.

"Happy Birthday, Princess," she leaned in and fondly kissed her forehead. Angela's eyes brightened up but before she could say anything the rest of the staff made their presence known by chorusing "Happy Birthday," for her.   

Ara helped Angela sit up. The little girl simpered before thanking everyone. Jennifer stepped forward and pecked her forehead while giving her blessings. Robert followed in and so did others. Angela's eyes did a 360 degree of her room. She looked beside herself with joy. 

"It's my birthday," she said excitedly

The sight of Angela grinning from ear to ear caused Ara ample satisfaction. 

She knew her grin was going to get wider when she will place the cake in front of her and that's what happened. 

"Is that chocolate fudge cake?" Angela licked her lips as she enthused

"For the birthday girl," Ara hummed before replying. She placed a knife in her hand and gestured for her to cut the cake. 

Angela regarded her with exhilaration. "Cut with me," she asked of Ara. The older girl smiled and wrapped her hand around her tiny ones. She guided the knife into the soft surface of the cake. The sound of clicks, claps, and birthday song resounded in the room as the girl plunged the knife deeper. 

Angela took a small piece from the cake and nudged it towards Ara. Arabella bent her head and wrapped her lips around the piece. She also fed her a small piece before smearing the chocolate on her cheek. 

Angela giggled as she also smudged a piece on her cheek. Everyone in the room watched the duo with warmth in their eyes. 

After that, Ara took her to the church to seek blessings from the almighty. 

..............................

Ara was in the kitchen flying from one corner to another, preparing for the birthday party. This one was going to be a proper birthday party. She had invited the staff with their kids. Angela didn't have friends as she stayed locked up in the mansion. Although it was for her own safety, Ara believed that the lack of social communication could hamper her cognitive development. This was the perfect opportunity for her to make some friends, Ara thought. 

Jennifer was busy looking after the decoration so Ara took over the kitchen. Jennifer had already sought permission from Mr. Serrano for the party. Robert had disclosed that Mr. Serrano will be back by 11 in the evening. Ara decided to put off the cake cutting ceremony till his arrival. She wanted Angela to cut the cake with Mr. Serrano beside her. Her only family.  

Ara had a lot of spare time in her hand today as Angela was busy practicing piano in her room. Something she liked to do on her every birthday. Her mother would play her Piano on her birthday.  

Ara was done with the dinner menu lot earlier. As she had only made Angela's favorites and the rest of the menu was to come from a restaurant, she had a lot of time in hand to cater to her other tasks.

Today was Monday, the gardening day for her. Every Monday she would wake up and start her day by tending to the garden. It had become a routine now. Even the Gardner knew about it so he had stopped tending to the rose garden. However, she couldn't follow her routine today as she found herself too occupied with the birthday preparation. 

The sun was about to set in an hour. So she rushed outside and began tending to the green bushes. The minutes converted into hours by the time she was done with the garden. The sun had disappeared leaving orange streaks in the sky that too was fading away. 

Ara was mired in mud and water. Her fainted peach-colored ankle-length dress had turned brownish with all the mud and dirt clinging to it.

She dusted her hands clean of the dirt and started heading back towards the mansion. But it seemed the lord above was in the mood of playing with her. She had taken only a few steps when she tripped over a rock and faceplanted the ground. Her elbows scraped along with her knees. The wet mud coated her dress and face. Her palms got sheathed with a thick layer of mud. The mud had found its way under her nails as well. She grunted while pulling to her feet.

"Goodness gracious," she didn't need to look into the mirror to know how bad she was looking. Why did it have to happen with her? 

She stomped out of the garden in her dirty sleepers. 

She stepped out of the garden when a luxurious black car rolled into the driveway. Her heart skipped a beat. She knew who this car belonged to. 

Killian Serrano

The vehicle sleeked to a halt in front of the mansion. She was standing on the other side of the driveway. She decided to stay put and wait for Killian to enter the mansion first. He didn't want him to see her in such a filthy state. 

His sudden appearance was a surprise as Robert had informed that he wouldn't be back before 11. Maybe he came early to celebrate her birthday, Ara wondered. 

Such a nice person. Only a man with a kind heart would put aside his work for the happiness of others. 

She watched as Gary climbed out of the car and pulled the door open for Killian. Gary took a step back as Killian stepped out of the car. Her eyes appraised the grey blazer and black pair of jeans that he was donning. The man was looking as jaw-dropping as ever. His personality screamed perfection, from the tip of his hair to the shiny soul of his shoes. There was no denying this man was gorgeous to a fault; Ara had figured that out in the first meeting only.

Gary straightened his spine and bowed his head as he walked by him. Mr. Serrano carried a majestic and intimidating aura around him. Ara had experienced it first hand. She couldn't help but notice how he walked with the poise and composure of a ruler. He radiated a different kind of self-confidence. A kind of confidence that intimidates her to no end. But at the same time, the celestial air he was engulfed with also carried a certain kind of darkness. Darkness she didn't want to confront.     

Once he was inside the mansion and out of her line of sight, she hurried towards the mansion. 

"Is it you, Ary?" Gary had an intrigued look on his face. Ary stopped in her track. She looked at Gary and smiled sheepishly. 

"I tripped over a rock," she explained, embarrassed. 

"Ohh," Gary replied. biting into his lips in an attempt to keep from laughing.    

"You coming to the party tonight. Right?" She moved her hand down her face in an attempt to rub the dirt off her face. 

"Sure thing. I can't wait for it," he returned her smile with a broader grin.

"Okay then. See you at the party," she turned towards the door 

"See you soon, Ary," he replied tenderly. His eyes spoke of the fondness that he felt for her. But Ary was completely unaware of the swirl of emotions that her voice or even a mere sight would unleash inside him. 

Ara walked in with a smiling face. The news that Gary would attend the party had brightened her day a little bit more. She had a good bond with Gary. Great, in fact. But over the months her perception of Gary had started to change. She had noticed how a tingling sensation would uncoil in her belly every time her eyes would rest on him. It was a foreign sensation. She still wasn't sure what it meant. But she knew one thing, she liked Gary's company a lot. And that's why she was happy that Gary was attending the party. She couldn't wait to see his reaction when he would be tasting her food. 

Ara paused at the door when her gaze collided with a colossal back that could only belong to one person. The air was also rife with his intoxicating cologne. She could smell it from here. He was standing in the middle of the hall, typing something on his phone. She started moving towards her room with quiet steps, not wanting to attract his attention. But her endeavors met a tragic fail when Killian suddenly snapped his head towards her. She realized his hearing ability was as sharp as his jawline. 

Her feet stopped mid-stride. His powerful gaze raked over her form, judging her appearance. She willed her lips into a pleasant smile that looked more like a grimace. She locked her hands in the front of her dress. 

"Good evening, Sir," she bowed her head a little and greeted him. His eyes narrowed many fractions as he stared disapprovingly at her. 

She kept her gaze low. His keen scrutiny robbing her off of her confidence. 

"Robert," Ara flinched slightly when all of a sudden his voice boomed. The authority in his voice was unmistakable. Ara looked up to meet with a furious pair of eyeballs. His jaws were clenched and feature tensed. She couldn't understand what flipped him out so suddenly.   

Not a moment later, Robert appeared from nowhere. Ara was completely clueless. 

" Yes, Mr. Serrano," Robert sounded concerned. Mr. Serrano turned towards Robert and fixed him with a fierce glare.  

"How the hell this pauper got inside my house?" he bellowed, outraged. The man continued to question Robert's inability in handling the security. Confused, Robert turned his gaze towards Ara whose cheeks were now burning bright red with embarrassment. It didn't take a minute for Robert to recognize who the person behind so much dirt was.  

"Pardon, sir. She is not a pauper. She is Baby Angela's caretaker," Robert answered hesitantly. 

Killian fell silent for a moment before he swerved to take a look at the girl he had just called a beggar.

He glared into her star-like orbs and soon recognition glittered in his eyes. However, his gaze gave off no expected warmth. If anything, his eyes hardened and his jaws tightened even more. He not only looked displeased but also enraged. Why enraged?

His glare was hard and condescending as if he perceived her like trash. That only deepened her embarrassment further. She looked away. 

Without saying a word, he walked off. He didn't need to say anything. 

His behavior hurt her to an extent but she didn't let it dampen her spirit. Not today. She curled the corner of her lips up and flashed a smile at Robert.

..............

Ara wore a light green mid-length dress for the party. Simple but beautiful. She combed her wet hair straight and decided to keep it loose for tonight. She wanted to look good for someone. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as the memory of Gary catching her in those dirty clothes returned. What he must have thought of her.   

After checking her appearance in the mirror, she made her way towards Angela's room. The little girl was in her bed playing with her toys. Ara chose a pink princess gown for her. Angela's eyes sparkled with joy as she watched herself into the mirror. 

" How do I look?" she asked Ara, excited.

"You look like a gorgeous little princess that you are," Ara put a crown on her head and winked at her. Angela giggled behind her tiny hands.  

............

There were only about fourteen people. Six of them were kids and the rest were staff members. The kids were Angela's age. The mansion had come alive with kids playing and chatting away. Ara's eyes searched for Gary as soon as she made it into the hall. A bright smile drew across her lips when she finally found him standing beside the couch. He was wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. Gary was cute. His simplicity and warm nature were what had attracted Arabella. She never felt uncomfortable around him.   

Gary hadn't noticed her yet as he was busy conversing with Robert. 

She started walking towards them when Jennifer came over to her and they started talking.  

After a little chit-chat, she made Angela sit behind the table. It was time to cut the cake. 

Everyone surrounded Angela as she got ready to cut the cake except for one person. Mr. Serrano. He didn't even attend the party. Nobody seemed to be bothered by his absence, not even Angela. The realization was disturbing. It didn't sit well with Arabella. She knew she wasn't going to be with Angela all her life but Mr. Serrano would. Her future very much dependent on her relationship with her guardian. By the look of it, they both were not very fond of each other. Ara was hoping for it to change before Mr. Serrano decided to fly back to Spain.   

She asked Robert to invite him for the cake cutting. Robert seemed reluctant. He tried to dissuade her stating that he wouldn't attend the party even if he asks him to. That he doesn't do these kinds of parties. Jennifer propped up his claim.

Ara couldn't understand why they held so much abhorrence for him. He seemed like a nice man. 

She insisted, nevertheless. Gary also took her side that brought a smile to her lips. Both of them implored Robert to get him out. Robert yielded unwillingly. However, he knew Killian would never partake in a party like this. 

........................

About twenty minutes had elapsed but Robert was still not back, let alone Mr. Serrano. The guests were waiting for the cake to cut. Ara wondered if she had made a mistake by sending Robert to Mr. Serrano. What if he had lost it on him. Guilt surged inside her. She shouldn't have insisted. It was his mansion. He would have come if he wanted to. She decided to check it by herself. 

She had taken a step when Robert emerged along with Mr. Serrano? Her eyes widened slightly with surprise. He actually came. She wasn't the only one who was surprised by his entrance. Every person in the room was gaping at him as if he was an alien who had decided to grace them with his presence. Even Robert looked confused. 

The usual stoic expression was plastered across his face. His dark brooding eyes swept across the hall ---observing every detail-- and finally rested on her. Much to her discomfort, his unwavering gaze continued to linger on her. Why was he staring at her like this? Her breathing staggered in response as she felt her being sucked in by his green-greyish orbs. The intensity in those pools was scaring her witless. She willed his fervid stare to leave her face but they remained stuck onto her like glue. She blinked away from his hard stare.     

Fortunately, before she was about to faint due to the lack of breathing, he pulled his gaze off her. She had never felt this relieved before. He was surveying the decoration now. His eyes betraying no emotions.

The room had gone as silent as a grave. Apparently, everyone in the room was affected by his dark brooding presence but he paid no heed. 

"We should cut the cake," Jennifer was the one to break the heavy silence.

Ara nodded and walked over to the excited Angela. Angela was the only one in the room who was not affected by Mr. Serrano's presence. 

Everyone quietly stood around Angela. Mr. Serrano stood in a distance-- watching everything -- with his hands buried inside his pants pocket. He was still wearing the formals. Ara felt teh heat of his gaze incinerating her arms as she was dipped the candles into the cake. She deliberately moved her head to the side so that her hair falls over her shoulder and hide her face from the fervor of his eyes. 

She didn't notice the smirk that crossed his face caused by her innocent tactic. 

She lit the candles and took a step back. 

Angela blew the candles and everyone started clapping and singing the birthday song. Killian stood afar with a bored expression.   

The kid cut the cake and offered the first piece to Ara. 

Ara smiled at her but didn't take the piece. Instead, she bent to Angela's level and said something in her ear. Killian watched the exchange with interest. He watched how Angela's eyeballs swung to meet his. Now it was clear to Killian that they were talking about him. But what? Not a moment later Angela nodded something to Ara which brought a smile to Ara's face. 

She picked the girl in her arms and started striding towards Killian, not in a confident manner. His brows knitted in confusion as he watched them coming towards him. Why were they coming towards him? 

Ara was deliberately avoiding holding his gaze. The pace of her heart accelerated as she shortened the distance between them. He intimidated her without even doing anything. 

She halted a few inches away from him. Killian stared at the duo with a straight face. 

He felt a tinge of surprise when Angela lifted her hand and extended her arm offering him the first piece of cake. Killian first stared at the piece and then at Angela. He arched his brow in question. Is she offering the first bite to him?     

"For you," Angela said as she leaned away from Ara and closer to Killian to feed him the piece. Now that was something he hadn't expected at all. Why was she offering it to him? 

Uncertain, he opened his mouth and took in the bite. He chewed into the bite not bothering to feed Angela.  

A mischievous grin tugged at Angela's lips. Before Killian could lean away, Angela dragged her thumb down his cheek, leaving a streak of chocolate behind. Everyone in the room gasped except for Angela who was giggling. Killian was again taken aback by Angela's action. He brought his finger to his face and touched the spot. Brown chocolate coated the tip of his finger. He raised his gaze at Angela. There was no warmth, no joviality in them. Angela, a little scared, buried her head into Ara's shoulder.

Ara's eyes widened with fear. For some reason, she knew he didn't approve of Angela's action. 

She immediately grabbed a tissue paper and offered it to him.

"Sorry..she didn't mean to anger you," Ara explained in a nervous tone.

Killian grabbed the tissue from her hand and started wiping the chocolate mark. After he was done wiping his face, Ara noticed that he had missed some stain on his cheek. 

" It's still there," she pointed her finger at his cheek. Killian wiped at his cheek again but the tissue again missed the spot. 

"No..There," she told him. He tried again but missed the spot. 

"Let me," she took the tissue from his hand and stood on her toes to be able to reach him. Unknown to him, he slightly bent down, curious and thrilled to have her this close, not that he would ever accept. The fragrance of her refreshing lime bodywash floated through his nostrils as they came closer. Their closeness and her scent were doing weird things to him. In that moment he got struck with one more realization. She smelled delicious. Fresh and invigorating.    

Killian's eyes sought hers. He wanted to see her deep blue eyes. He wanted her to make eye contact with him but much to his disappointment, she kept her gaze on his stubbled, dry cheek.

All resolve to never let low life like her invade his mind long forgotten as his keen green eyes roam over her face, drinking on her plain features. They were so close. Close enough for him to make out slight creases of her pink lips or the light spot on her chin. Her imperfect skin lay bare to his observant eyes and all he felt was a pull. A strange unexplainable pull towards her.   

She raised her hand and brought it to his cheek where the stain was resting. She gingerly started wiping the stain. The soft surface of tissue scrubbed against his rough skin but his senses were concentrated on the strange flurry that was building inside his chest. He continued to stare at her as she wiped his face clean. Her closeness was affecting him in ways he would never admit. The way she wiped his face with so much care. He felt himself craving for more. More of her care and attention.

Before he could start to bask in her proximity, she stepped away. He also mimicked her action, fighting the strong urge of pulling her into his arms and have his way with her. That was beneath him. This girl had no class. She wasn't his type. 

His gaze latched onto her hair when she turned around to walk back to the table. They looked damp and were sticking to her back. They reached the mid of her spine. His fingers itched to feel the softness of those strands. How would they look wrapped around his fist when he would be.... Killian took a deep breath. 

The dip of her tiny waist flared the spark of lust that was lurking inside his groin. His eyes trailed down to trace her hips that were not as wide as he liked but still he couldn't bring himself to not ogle at them. He wondered how his hips would look littered with his fingerprints.  

And her ass. Those tiny squishable asscheeks. Her dress was loose enough to hide her petite bumps from the world but not enough loose to conceal them from his hawk-like eyes. 

A smirk floated across his lips as he stared at her soft lumps only to disappear the next second. What the hell is he thinking.                  

Killian clenched his jaw and looked away from her retreating figure, frustrated by his own thoughts.

A maid. A maid. A bloody fucking maid. That's what she is, he reminded himself. 

 Ara's heart was thumping at a maddening speed inside the cage of her chest as she scurried back to the crowd. What did she just do? When did she get this bold? 

She sat Angela back in her chair. 

'Ary," Angela called her from the chair. Ary bent down to listen to her. A mischievous grin made its way across her lips but before Ary could fathom the reason for it the damage was done. Angela grabbed a large piece of cake, not caring it was meant to be eaten, and smeared it across her face and hair.

"What did you just.....," Ary was taken aback by her sudden move. This girl was on fire today. Angela flopped back into her chair as she giggled in joy.

Ara faked a glare at her before grabbing a chunk of Cake and rubbing it over her face. Angela's giggle doubled. The kids didn't need to be told once. They jumped in instantly and started rubbing cake over each other's faces. Soon everyone was throwing cake over each other. 

The laughter of joy and shrieks of surprise mingled in the air. Ara ran after Jennifer who had managed to remain spotless amid the hullaballoo. 

'No you are not going to get away this easily," Ara grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. Jennifer raised her hands to shield herself from her attack. 

"Come on, don't hide your pretty face from me Querida," she teased her playfully as she forced her hands down. (Darling) 

"No, don't," Jennifer tried to hide her face into her chest but it was too late now as Ara had managed to smear the chocolate on her cheeks, nose, and forehead. 

"Got you," she laughed without restraint. Jennifer joined in. Ara, no doubt, was having a great time.  

"Ary," a familiar voice called her from behind. She swiveled to come face to face with Gary. Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes sparkled with warmth at his sight. 

His hands were clasped behind his back. 

"What?" she inched towards him, curious. 

He pulled his hands out and brought them to her face. Before Ara could react, he was coating the cake on her face. She stood there as his hands felt her smooth skin. Ara also raised her hand and rubbed the remaining chocolate onto his face. They both were staring deep into each other's eyes as a smile sat over their lips. 

Unknown to them, someone was also staring hard at them with his jaw tightened and fists clenched. He didn't like the exchange.

NOT ONE FUCKING BIT. 

Arabella thinks Mr. Serrano is a nice man. What do you think will happen when she'll find out the truth. And how long do you think would he be able to hold off on his feelings? 

Please like and comment your views. 

Follow my page if you haven't already and check out my other stories. 

Insta ID- Bluee_dreams64

Until Next Time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...