ENCHANTRESS | Harry Potter

By -hellsqueen

Enchantress ~ a woman who uses magic to put someone under a spell / a woman who is captivatingly attractive T... More

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
EPILOGUE

TWENTY-TWO

65 6 1
By -hellsqueen

If life was a fairy tale, Malfoy Manor could have easily become the castle of the story. The grounds stretched on far and wide, the walls around the property marking the territory and not for the first time, Harry realized he hadn't seen but a sliver of this Manor in his time there. He knew he wouldn't be getting the chance to see any more of the Manor today either. He wasn't here for exploring.

The only reason Harry had ventured out of his house this afternoon and to Malfoy Manor was because it was Draco's birthday celebration today and he had been invited. He had put some effort in his appearance as well. He had combed his hair, chosen ironed clothes, had worn a pair of blue jeans and a dark grey shirt he only wore on special occasions. The watch the Weasley family had gifted him when he became an adult was strapped around his wrist, his wand for once left in one of his pockets. He liked to think he would fit in with the crowd of Draco's celebration.

The wooden front doors of the Manor had been left open and so he stepped inside without hesitation. He followed the signs left on the walls—a small arrow showing the location to the celebration, the Malfoy crest right underneath as if anyone would forget where they were—and soon enough he was reaching the room the celebration was set to take place.

It didn't take him long to find Draco. He was standing in the end of the hall, talking with a young woman Harry didn't personally know, although he remembered she had been sorted into Slytherin once. He looked around for any sign of Ron or Bada, knowing Draco and Theodore would most probably be occupied this evening with other people they knew, but they were not around. So he walked ahead, nodded at anyone who greeted him back in return and headed over to Draco. At the sight of him, Draco looked up from the woman he had been conversing with to send him a smile.

"Harry, welcome," he greeted him at once, stole a glance at his companion before he turned to face him once more. "This is Astoria Greengrass. You might remember her from school."

The name did ring a bell in Harry's head, albeit it was a faint one and he couldn't put a face to her name. He smiled at the young woman in front of him all the same.

"It's nice to meet you."

She nodded back at him with a small smile and Harry turned back to Draco. Before he could say a word, though, they were joined by another person.

"There you are," Theodore spoke, clapped a hand on Harry's back as he reached him with a wide smile. "Right on time. Come on, let's raid Draco's table for drinks."

"For as long as you drink sensibly," Draco called out behind them but Theodore only laughed as he stirred Harry away.

"What is he even talking about?" he asked when they were out of earshot, his arm on Harry's back never wavering all the while. "What do you think of the venue so far?"

"It's nothing I wouldn't expect from a Malfoy," Harry admitted as he turned to Theodore. "Don't you have friends to return to? You must have left them when you saw me."

"Don't you worry about that, Blaise can handle himself for a while without me," he waved him off, then pointed an accusing finger right at him. "This is a time of celebration, Harry. You are not allowed to worry and fret."

He chuckled, offered no protest when Theodore gave him a glass of firewhiskey and then poured one for himself. They clang the glass.

"To Draco," Theodore cheekily announced, bringing Harry to chuckle. "And to many more celebrations like this."

"To that."

Theodore laughed for a moment and then he raised his glass to his lips, downed the shot in one go. Harry's eyes bulged but Theodore seemed to pay him no mind, looking over him to the entrance. His lips curled into a smile.

"Ron's arrived."

Harry looked and indeed, Ron seemed to have just arrived. Hermione was walking right beside him, the two of them talking among themselves as they headed to Draco in order to greet him. Contrary to what Harry thought, once they had reached him, the three of them started heading their way together.

"You've started drinking already, Harry?" Hermione asked as they reached them, her brows furrowed in confusion. "That's not quite like you."

"It is quite like me, though," Theodore piped in with a wide smile, "cheers, Granger. What would you have?"

"I don't drink," she assured him with a tiny smile.

"Don't look at me like that," Ron, Theodore's next victim, protested, but it was clear from the start he would cave and so it was no surprise when a moment later he let out a sigh and shrugged. "I can drink anything."

"Great," Theodore beamed, already starting to make his drink. Draco shook his head from Ron's other side.

"The way this is going I won't be having any firewhiskey by the end of this meeting, Theo."

"That's the goal," he quipped as he turned to pass Ron his drink. His eyes jumped to the door right as another person passed through and stayed there. His lips curled into a smile. "Ah, there she is."

"Who?" Draco asked, curious as he turned to look as well. They all did the same, turned to look in curiosity. Harry's eyes widened slightly.

Bada stood by the door, looking nothing like all the times they had seen her before. Her comfortable attire had been switched. She was wearing a black skirt instead that stopped at her thighs, a dark red shirt tucked in, the first few buttons unbuttoned, her hair let loose, thick strands cascading down her back. Harry doubted he would ever forget how she looked now.

"She's coming this way," Theodore whispered softly, stole a look at Harry before he snorted. "Get a hold of yourself, Potter."

Harry closed his mouth that had fallen open at some point without his consent and stood straighter as Bada passed through the rest of the guests to reach them. Now she was close, Harry could see her shirt was unbuttoned enough for her necklace to be seen, the pearl looking beautiful under the lights, she had worn heels and her lips had a scarlet tinge they usually lacked, her eyes more defined. Harry doubted he could look away even if he tried.

"Happy birthday, Draco," she wished him at once, a smile forming on her lips. "I took the liberty of heading to your room despite the signs and left you my present there."

"You didn't need to get me a present, it's not even my birthday today, just the day of the celebration," Draco told her, although his expression was pleased. Bada sent him a shrug and one more smile before she turned to face the rest of them, and Harry couldn't keep himself from speaking any longer.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you," her smile widened as Theodore hummed his agreement.

"Did you go to the sea before coming here?"

"Yes, actually," Bada laughed, "I wanted to look my best." She sent a nod at Hermione in lieu of greeting and a smile at Ron although before she could say a word, they were joined by another person.

Blaise stood in between Draco and Theodore, a tiny smile on his lips as he nodded at Ron, Hermione and Harry, trying his best to appear pleasant, it seemed. Theodore sent him a wide smile at once.

"Missed me?"

"I thought you would be just a minute," he defended himself. Bada chuckled and so he turned his gaze to her. He sent her a smile. "Hey, Bada. I haven't seen you around lately."

"I'll be sure to drop by during one of those lunch breaks, then," she returned his smile, a brow slightly raised. "Or you could join us instead?"

"I could," he agreed, although Harry doubted he would take her up on her offer.

Soon, Theodore was leading him away, Draco following after them, leaving the rest on their own. They chatted among each other, Ron drinking more and more as the night progressed, getting merrier as the hours passed, until a while later Hermione decided they needed to go or else he wouldn't be in a condition to apparate away. And so Harry and Bada said their farewells and were left on their own in a corner of the room. It wasn't long later Bada suggested they take a walk around the grounds. Harry agreed.

The night was cool, a slight breeze drifting through the trees and bushes as they walked along the path made of cobblestone deeper in the garden. Their walk was silent at first as they walked a safe distance away from the Manor. Harry couldn't look away from her. She had always been enchanting but tonight she seemed even more so, the siren in front of him having well and truly lured him in and he didn't want to break free of her clutches. Basking in her presence had become a favourite indulgence.

"I wanted to talk about us," Bada spoke at last as she slowed down somewhat so they could now walk side by side. Even though she was wearing heels, she was just reaching Harry's shoulder, had to tilt her chin up to look at him properly. That slightly funny detail wasn't enough to distract him from the weight of this conversation, and even though Bada had told him she was willing to try after Hae's case was finished, he still found himself nervous.

"What about us?" he asked, his nervousness detected in the tone of his voice. Bada stole a glance at him and shook her head with a small smile.

"Nothing bad, Harry. I told you I was willing to try after this mess was sorted, and I think it's alright now. It wouldn't be fair to make you wait any more than you already have. I can't expect you to wait for me and you really shouldn't. If anything has changed then it's ok, I won't be mad, we can continue as friends the way we've always been and-"

Harry placed a hand on her shoulder, brought her to stop. Before she had the chance to say a word he had placed his lips on hers, silencing her much like she had done to him the first time they had kissed. Bada's eyes widened for a moment before she realized what was happening and she closed her eyes, kissed him back slowly, matching his pace. They broke apart only when they didn't have any more air, panting. Harry rested his forehead against hers, his breath fanning her face. Bada could taste firewhiskey on her lips even though she hadn't drunk any during the night and the thought only brought her to smile, almost giddy.

"Let's try," he spoke, his voice hoarse, still making no move to walk away.

"We will be assigned elsewhere-"

"I'll talk to Vance, tell her to split us so that you may stay with Theodore and I with Draco so you will have some company," he promised her, "does that sound alright?"

"Definitely," she nodded, "you don't need to-"

"I know, but I want to," he assured her, leaned in to press another kiss against her lips, then another, then one more. Bada laughed against his lips when he pulled back a bit more, his heart swelling at the sound. "Can I take you on a date?"

"Sure," she replied, her tone betraying her grin. "When?"

"Tomorrow evening," he replied at once, "I'll come pick you up, how does that sound?"

"Where will we go?"

"You'll see," he chuckled at her question, "it's a surprise."

"How am I supposed to know how to dress then?"

"You'll figure it out," he mused, leaned in to quiet her protests with yet another kiss. When he pulled back, he was chuckling. "I could get used to this."

"Don't get cocky on me now, Harry."

His answering laugh was filled to the brim with warmth and Bada's heart had never been more content than it was now, basking in his presence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 9.2K 81
'..."I want to hear you beg my name". "Draco" She breathes in complete ecstasy. "Good girl" I murmur bending her over.' Two purebloods, two Slytherin...
81 11 7
S Y N O P S I S Dalaya Auclair, or Daya, is a simple girl in Paris, struggling to make ends meet. She works as a waitress in a small cafΓ© shop, her b...
65.1K 1.6K 24
Discontinued Story. Feel free to read it anyways. THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN! Will be posted separately! THE REWRITE IS UP! Check out my profile...
77 1 11
Alexis is a muggle-born witch. Her half-blood grandfather has always encouraged her to attend Hogwarts and it had been her dream as a little girl. Ju...