The Alpha and His Engineer (B...

By BakuDeku_Writer

( Hero Bakugou x Support course Deku) Izuku Midoriya a quirkless omega whose dream diverted from being a her... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Attack
Chapter 3: The Confession
Chapter 4: The Date
Chapter 5: UA High
Chapter 6: New Schools
Chapter 7: Another Normal Day
Chapter 8: Finding Out
Chapter 10: Suprise
Chapter 11: Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 12: The Sports Festival
Chapter 13: Internship
Chapter 14: The Enemies' Win
Chapter 15: First Term Finals
Chapter 16: Training Camp
Chapter 17: The Rescue
Chapter 18: Izuku's Birthday
Chapter 19: Trouble
Chapter 20: Nightmares
Chapter 21: The Raid
Chapter 22: Welcome
Chapter 23: Suspicion
Chapter 24: Heat
Chapter 25: Christmas
Chapter 26: School Year's End
Chapter 27: Finale
Chapter 28: Epilogue

Chapter 9: Katsuki's Birthday

8.4K 161 36
By BakuDeku_Writer

(Hey everyone and welcome to chapter 9 ^^. I'm going to be brainstorming and coming up with all of the details in this chapter as I write it lol. Anyways hope you enjoy it.)

Izuku was trying not to fall asleep until Katsuki was already up so he kept opening his eyes every few hours. Although this made Izuku sleepy, it also meant that he woke up at 7:30, a nice time to wake up on a Saturday to be productive (that 100% ain't me). He carefully got out of bed looking back to see that Katsuki was still asleep. Katsuki did seem to be moving in his sleep more so Izuku knew he didn't have all of the time in the world. Quitely rushing down the stairs, Izuku looked around noticing that Mitsuki and Masaru had already put up the birthday decorations as they slept. Izuku sighed in relief, 'at least one thing is already off my to-do list' he thought as he went to the kitchen grabbing ingredients for some tamagoyaki. Izuku wasn't a great cook but he wanted to make Katsuki's breakfast. Tamagoyaki is like eggs but a little harder since you have to roll it, adding things to make the eggs to make it easier to roll.

He had pulled out some eggs, dashi(a kind of stock that's used for a lot of seasonings for Japanese foods, it's even a part of the broth for miso soup), and pulled out measuring spoons. He cracked 12 eggs putting 3 in a bowl, making double the usual for two people just in case he messed up the first one. Once he thoroughly mixed the egg whites and yolks, he put in 2 teaspoons of dashi to each bowl. He also added 2 tablespoons of water to each mixture, making sure to stir thoroughly (I've never made or had tamagoyaki before but I've heard from my friends it's good lol. I'm literally looking at a guide on how to make it as I write this lol. I'm thinking of using the recipe to make some soon. This was the simplest recipe I could find so there are more flavorful ones out there. If you were to cook it though you should look up a guide, I'm not a tamagoyaki expert so do that instead😅). Once the mixture in each of the four bowls was ready Izuku didn't want to mess up. As he silently panicked he noticed that Mitsuki had just entered the room. Feeling kind of relieved he asked Mitsuki for help from that point on so he didn't mess anything up (if you're wondering why he's putting the ingredients into separate bowls which you're probably not, it's so that he knows how much to use to make one roll).

Mitsuki started by helping him by telling him how much to pour in. "Alright, the layer should be fairly thin. Even if it doesn't seem like enough, move the pan around to spread it around, if it still looks too little just add a little more." Mitsuki said as she showed him how he would move the pan around without making a mess. Izuku nodded as he grabbed the first bowl adding some of the egg mixture to the pan. He sloshed it around making sure it spread around. "Now, once it's about halfway cooked you have to start rolling it," she said. Izuku nodded 'all I have to do is roll it carefully, how hard could that be?' Izuku thought to himself as he waited for the eggs to cook just a little longer. "Alright start rolling the eggs now" she instructed, not wanting to make Izuku feel like she did most of the work she let Izuku do it by himself. With a slightly shaky hand, Izuku lined the spatula up with one end of the egg rectangle (in Japan there's a pan specifically made for cooking tamagoyaki so that's the 'pan' I've been referencing, you can use a normal frying pan as well.).

Izuku so far had been doing well, he had made one successful roll and was starting the next but he tore it. "Ah, I tore it," Izuku said sadly with a look of disappointment. "Hey, it's okay. It's your first time making tamagoyaki, isn't it? Don't beat yourself up about it, you're going to be prone to mistakes. Besides, one little tear isn't the end of the world you can keep rolling that one even" she said reassuring Izuku as he kept rolling making a successful roll of egg. He put some more of the mixture from the same bowl into the pan with the little roll, letting the egg seep under the roll as instructed by Mitsuki. As he kept slowly rolling he kept making mistakes, whether it was tearing it or burning it he still was able to make 4 rolls. He wrapped them in a paper towel to keep them nice and fluffy as he waited for them to cool. Once they were done, Izuku took them out of the paper towels and cut them into smaller pieces. (I'm not going to be putting pictures so if you wanna know what tamagoyaki looks like then just search it and go to pictures.)

Katsuki woke up around 8 to an interesting aroma, it smelled kind of burned but overall smelled nice. He followed his nose down the stairs and into the kitchen. By this time Izuku was plating the final tamagoyaki, a grumble catching his attention. He looked up turning his attention to the blonde, "Good morning Kacchan," he said with a large grin on his face. "Morning," he said as he looked at what Izuku was doing. Seeing the plated tamagoyaki he looked back up to Izuku's face. "You made this?" Katsuki asked surprised that Izuku would have tried something like this. "Yeah, auntie really helped though, I couldn't have done it without her help." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. Katsuki ruffled Izuku's hair as he started to walk to the dining table, "Good job." Izuku looked at Katsuki with a puzzled look. "But, you haven't even had any yet," he said as he started to bring the first two plates to the table. Izuku had successfully-ish made the tamagoyaki meaning that none of it had been thrown out. So that meant that there was enough for Mitsuki and Masaru as well.

They all sat down putting their hands together, saying "Itadakimasu" in unison before digging in. Even though it wasn't close to beating some of the best tamagoyakis that Katsuki's had, it was the thought and love that Izuku had put into it that made it his favorite. One part of Katsuki's roll was burned and another was a little too gooey, but he really liked it and was proud of Izuku. He had never seen Izuku cook before so he thought it was a great first try. "Not bad nerd," he said looking at the greenette who was already looking pretty proud of himself that he probably didn't give anyone food poisoning. He looked at Katsuki, seeming to grin from one ear to the other, glowing with pride. "Thanks, Kacchan," he said taking another bite of the tamagoyaki. Even though it wasn't perfect, Izuku was proud of himself hoping that Katsuki was having a great start to his birthday. It would be a lie to say Katsuki wasn't enjoying the first part of his birthday already feeling special.

Once they finished their meal they put their hands together once more saying thanks, "gochisou sama deshita." Afterward, Katsuki got ready for the day, showering, brushing his teeth, and putting on some fresh clothes. Once that was done, Izuku dragged him out the door making sure to grab the money that he had specifically set aside for today. The two walked out the door, Izuku heading toward Masutafu station. (Masutafu, being a fictional location in Japan can technically be anywhere so I'm using that to my advantage (although it made finding a location and food item that's actually sold there a pain in my ass)). Izuku already had pre-bought tickets since he had already planned out the whole day. The train was booked to be a direct travel meaning that they didn't have to be crammed into a subway with a bunch of people like Tokyo station (where people can make a living off of pushing people into train cars). This was a nice trip, everyone getting to sit down in seats, watching as scenery as the train passes by it.

The train headed for Odate, a city in the very far north of the main island in Japan. Musutafu (where the show takes place, a fictional location) is north of Tokyo, about a two-hour train ride away to be exact. Musutafu was a few hours away from Odate but that gave the two enough time to arrive there at lunchtime. Odate is a smaller town housing 71 thousand people. Now that's no big number, but compare it to cities like Tokyo which has a population of over 30 million (the most populated city in the world) it's considered much smaller in comparison. The train ride was overall relaxing for the two of them, looking out the window looking at the scenery in their pillow-like seats. The blue soft seats felt like they were laying in a bed, both of them falling asleep about halfway through the trip. Izuku leaned on Katsuki's shoulder, Katsuki's head tilted toward Izuku. As the two slept beautiful mountains, meadows, and rice farms zipped by in an instant due to the speed of the train.

As the train slowed, it dinged loudly causing the two to wake up, leaving the train. Izuku started dragging Katsuki once more to a local store, not a restaurant but a store connected to the station. He went in buying two boxes for about 2000 yen ($20). Katsuki was handed one of these boxes looking at the packaging. It was Odate's famous ekiben, a bento that's different depending on the place, usually eaten during trips on the train. The couple sat down at a nearby outdoor table so that they could look around seeing the beauties of the town as they ate. The ekiben consisted of rice, chicken, egg, eggplant, and many other assorted food items. They put their hands together saying, "itadakimasu" before digging in. As they ate they looked around, seeing the trees sway in the slight breeze. The breeze that hit their faces was relaxing, the food too was delicious. After a few stressful weeks, the relaxing day was nice, not having any specific place to go at a certain time.

Soon enough after doing some walking around and buying snacks for the train ride home, the two traveled back to the station to catch their train. Even though his time in Odate was short Katsuki enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. After stressful weeks at UA, today was a day that he needed, a nice relaxing day to break away from all of the stress building up from school. This time when they got on the train they had a little table, not just cushioned seats like last time. They set their snacks on the mini table getting comfortable for their two-hour train ride. One the way there, Izuku had reserved a normal train taking longer than a bullet train. The bullet train was a little more expensive so Izuku had decided to buy the ticket for the way back instead of on the way there, giving them enough time between breakfast and lunch. Izuku once again ended up falling asleep on Katsuki's shoulder not waking up until the train came to a stop.

Katsuki on the other hand didn't. He ate snacks, watched the scenery that speeded by, and looked over to his omega with a loving smile. The train ride was even more comfortable than before, the seats being able to recline slightly. Izuku bought the tickets to have little special features like the mini table and the reclining chairs which cost extra but he didn't mind spending a little bit more money. Katsuki only open one bag of snacks leaving the rest to be opened some other day. The train ride was really nice relaxing even more than before, knowing that no one was around, Katsuki lowered his emotional wall. He peppered Izuku's face with kisses as he looked down at his omega with a genuine smile. He reclined Izuku's seat for him just so he could be a little more comfortable. The omega of course grabbing Katsuki's right arm, snuggling into it before getting comfortable. Katsuki smiled using his phone with his left arm, time flying by faster than the bullet train was moving.

Izuku woke up to a loud high pitch ding and Katsuki shaking him awake. "C'mon nerd, train ride's over," Katsuki said as he started to grab their things. The two exited the train, making their way out of the station. Katsuki and Izuku didn't go anywhere else and just headed for the Bakugou household. Izuku skipped ahead of Katsuki opening the door to see everything was ready. While Izuku and Katsuki had been out Mitsuki and Masaru had been hard at work preparing for the rest of his birthday celebration including baking his birthday cake. Now not only were the decorations from earlier up but the table was also decorated with a nice table cloth and the cake, candles on the side. The table cloth looked to be custom made for the fact that it was covered in little cartoon explosions and grenades. Katsuki smirked looking at Izuku, "You did this huh?" he asked seeing Izuku get flustered, a light tint of pink brushing across his face.

"Well, I had to get money from your mom, but yeah I made sure that it was made custom. After all, the best of the best deserve nothing but the best right?" Izuku said as he continued to ramble on about the decorations trying to seem less embarrassed than he actually was. Katsuki felt his face heat up ever so slightly. Even if the two had gotten used to each other and didn't usually blush when Izuku called Katsuki the best of the best there was no way his heart wouldn't speed up. Katsuki leaned down giving Izuku a peck on the cheek to stop the pointless rambling. "Thanks, nerd," he said as he walked over to the table seeing a few wrapped gifts as well, some in boxes and others in bags. Izuku shook his head clearing his head before sitting next to Katsuki.

"C'mon Kacchan let's have some cake," Izuku said pointing over to the cake, Mitsuki already cutting it into portions for everyone. Cutting the cake in half, then in fourths, and finally eighths Mitsuki let Katsuki choose his slice. Katsuki chose the biggest slice cause that's what ya do and grabbed a fork waiting for the rest to be distributed. As everyone started digging into their slices Katsuki took some time to analyze the flavors. It was a vanilla cake with buttercream that luckily wasn't too sweet, some strawberry jam, and the chalky taste of fondant. "The cake's nice. It's got a nice texture and the buttercream isn't too sweet," Katsuki said him rambling about something for a change. Izuku giggled glad that Katsuki was enjoying the cake, "Okay Gordon Ramsay," he commented knowing well that Gordon Ramsay specialized in food more than pastries.

Katsuki finished his cake a little after Izuku getting up to put his dish in the sink. "Kacchan I got it," Izuku said as he snatched the plate away from him, heading to the kitchen to clean the plates. Once finished Izuku grabbed his backpack from the front door before walking upstairs to hang with Katsuki. Izuku opened the door and Katsuki looked at Izuku with a confused look. Without even saying anything Izuku knew what he was thinking. He had a looked that screamed 'what're you doing with your backpack?' Izuku sat next to Katsuki on his bed. "I know you're confused as to why I have my backpack but I'll explain. My gifts are in here," he said as he lifted the yellow backpack onto his lap. Katsuki looked at him shocked "You didn't have to. Honestly I thought that the trip earlier was the present." he said looking at Izuku. "Well, I mean, yeah it is part of the present but it's not all of it," as Izuku said that he started rummaging for the first present.

"Well I didn't really know what to give you so I got us something to use forever," he said excitedly bringing out a book. Katsuki gave it a closer look to see that it was a photo album. "I was thinking that every year on our anniversary we could take a picture of ourselves so that we can show how we've grown. I already had my mom give me pictures from when we were younger so that we can have all of our years together in one book" Izuku said excitedly as he started to ramble on about each photo smiling at the memories. Katsuki looked at the book seeing multiple pictures for each year, showing them ever since they were little. Katsuki smiled as he looked at the photos. Izuku then stopped suddenly remembering that he had more gifts to give him.

"I know this is kind of cheesy but I wanted to give it to you anyway, see I have one too!" Izuku said as he pulled out two bracelets. One had a green heart and the other had an orange one both having matching engravings. The bracelets had 'always love you' on them making Katsuki snort at how cheesy it was. "Hey! I know it's cheesy but it has a purpose, not only does it say that we'll always love each other forever and ever but that we'll always be together. To emphasize that there's also a tracker on the back that are connected so that we can always find each other" Izuku said excitedly as he showed Katsuki two blinking dots, one was green with the word 'Deku' overhead the other being orange saying 'Kacchan'. Katsuki chuckled, "Don't worry I'll wear it as long as you do too" he said picking up the green bracelet and putting it on his wrist. "I'll make sure to pair it to your phone soon," Izuku said turning his phone off. "And the final one is really cool!" Izuku said his eyes lighting up.

"I was supposed to be working on my project the whole time but I got bored with it so I continued on this. I had been designing it for a while, even before school started and they're really cool! I did get some help from Tanaka sensei though cause it was tough trying to figure it all out on my own." Izuku unzipped his front pouch showing what looked to be the armbands that he has on underneath his large gauntlets. "I wanted to work on this first because it was a much smaller project compared to what I want to do with this kind of technology. Now, this is only something you see in the movies" Izuku said as he handed the armbands on. To Katsuki's surprise, it was fairly heavy for something so little, it was much lighter than his gauntlets though. "I don't want you to use them right away because I still need to tweak it, this is just the prototype, you'll need these gloves too, they hook up with it," Izuku said as he grabbed some gloves identical to the ones he used now. Putting on the final piece Katsuki waited for Izuku to give him some instructions on how it worked.

"So I want to use a sort of shrinking mechanism for my invention so I made this first to try it out, close your hand and make a fist when you open your hand something cool will happen," Izuku said hoping that what had successfully happened while testing worked now. Katsuki made a fist and opened his hand, the armbands expanding into his gauntlets. Katsuki leaned back in surprise, muttering a quiet "Woah" under his breath as he kept opening and closing his hand seeing it expand and compress almost seamlessly. "Do you like it?" Izuku asked seeing that it had worked. Katsuki leaned over to Izuku giving him a peck on the cheek, "it's perfect." Katsuki really wanted to start using the new gauntlets immediately but he knew better than that. Even though the shrinking and expansion worked perfectly didn't mean that the mechanisms inside were ready yet. Katsuki compressed the gauntlets and watched still in awe at how it worked, handing them back to Izuku Katsuki just sat there not really sure what to do now.

Izuku zipped up his backpack and set it to the side. Izuku sat next to Katsuki, without hesitation immediately climbing onto Katsuki sitting on his lap and wrapping his legs around Katsuki's waist. Putting his hands around Katsuki's neck he pulled him into a deep kiss. Katsuki kissed back asserting dominance in the kiss as he shoved his tongue into Izuku's mouth. They continued kissing until Katsuki felt a tap on his shoulder from Izuku indicating that he needed to breathe. They pulled away slowing their breathing as they caught their breaths. Katsuki started to pull Izuku in for another kiss but Izuku put a finger on Katsuki's lips. "Happy birthday Kacchan," Izuku said once again pushing his lips against Katsuki's. Katsuki grabbed Izuku's waist and deepened the kiss inserting his tongue once again. A few kisses became a whole sloppy make-out session. They had been kissing for some time before Katsuki broke the kiss attacking Izuku's lower neck and collar bone.

Katsuki didn't want to give Izuku too much of a hard time so he left the top part of Izuku's neck unmarked making sure to mark everywhere else. As he made his way around Izuku's body leaving bites and dark hickeys he found Izuku's sweet spot, his collarbone. After he had left a sufficient amount of marking for Katsuki's liking he went back to kissing Izuku. After another make-out session, they flopped on the bed and relaxed, catching their breaths. Katsuki laid down on his stomach on the bed comfortably lying there having enjoyed every moment of the relaxing day. Izuku looked at Katsuki still wanting to do one more thing. Using most of his strength Izuku started to rub Katsuki back. Katsuki seemed to relax even more with the massage so Izuku kept on rubbing switching from his palm to his knuckles moving his hand up and down slowly across his back. Izuku continued with the massage going up to Katsuki's shoulders which he responded to.

"Oh yeah that feels nice," Katsuki said sighing as he seemed to start sinking into the mattress below. Izuku went on with the massage for a few more minutes before stopping and lying next to Katsuki. Katsuki looked at Izuku and smirked, "You should do that more often, that really helped." Those words really made Izuku feel good, he had done something that Katsuki appreciated and he was glad that Katsuki had a good day, even if it was kind of hectic. The two cuddled up watching a movie of Katsuki's choice as a way to spend the remaining time before heading to bed. The cake they had earlier was their dinner so as meals went they were all set. Even though Katsuki never watched horror movies with Izuku because he knows that he hates them today was his day and he wanted to watch the new movie that had come out recently. Katsuki was skeptical about whether or not to play it but Izuku insisted that it was okay. Izuku wanted to make sure that Katsuki had the best birthday possible so he made sure that Katsuki watched what he wanted to, being a horror movie.

Izuku never liked horror movies but he knew that Katsuki was a fan of them so he forced himself to agree and watch the movie, hoping to get some sleep. The movie started and Izuku was already on edge hoping not to get too scared during the jumpscares. As the movie progressed Izuku ended up grabbing onto Katsuki's arm scared for his life as the story got more and more stressful. Katsuki looked down at Izuku with a sympathetic look, he was enjoying himself while Izuku was just trying not to look too scared. Katsuki knew that Izuku was already scared even though the jumpscare hadn't arrived just yet so he pulled Izuku in closer making sure that he knew that he was safe. Izuku immediately snuggled into Katsuki's side, peeking at the movie before bringing his head back into Katsuki's side. There were multiple jumpscares and Katsuki was having a great time. Izuku on the other hand was shivering face shoved in Katuki's side as he tried not to scream.

Once the movie was over Katsuki pulled Izuku into a hug peppering the top of his head with small kisses. Izuku silently cried in his alpha's chest relaxing a little as he felt Katsuki's warm arms wrap around him. Izuku got out of the hug and headed to Katsuki's bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush and toothpaste making sure to brush his teeth before he attempted to sleep. Once finished he entered the room again not bothering to take a shower until the morning. He put on one of Katsuki's shirts and waited in bed still wide-eyed from the movie. When Katsuki came in Izuku immediately clung onto Katsuki acting like a baby koala would with its mother. Katsuki wrapped his arms around Izuku pulling him as close as he can trying to make sure that Izuku got some sleep. Before either of them fell asleep Katsuki muttered words Izuku thought he would rarely hear, "Today was great, the best birthday I've ever had. Thank you," he said giving Izuku a peck on the forehead before light snoring could be heard from him indicating that he had fallen asleep. Katsuki had never had problems with sleeping after watching a horror movie even when he was younger so he easily fell asleep with his omega in his arms. Izuku stayed up most of the night wide eyed looking around the dark room the light snores being all that could be heard. Even though he had trouble sleeping there were points where he would remember that he was safe in Katsuki's arms sleeping for an hour or two. In the end, Izuku was very tired due to not having a lot of sleep.

The next morning came this time Katsuki couldn't get out of his tired omega's grip. He sighed letting Izuku sleep some more knowing that it was technically his fault that Izuku was so sleepy. It was a Sunday morning, birds chirping, sunshine seeping through the closed blinds, and the few cars commuting could be heard. The house inside was filled with almost absolute silence, his parents had only taken the two days off to celebrate with their son before having to head out for work the next day meaning that no one would interrupt their peaceful morning. That's what Katsuki thought before he heard their doorbell ring. He sighed as he walked down the stairs opening the door seeing exactly what he didn't want to deal with.....

(Holy Moly this was a really long chapter, over 4,000 (almost 5K) words to be exact. Sorry for the cliffhanger but I promise you there's going to be worse ones so get ready for that. What or who do you think is at Katsuki's door? I spent one night literally looking up stuff for the kind of ekiben and stuff it was chaotic. I really wanted to use this one site that I had seen before but it seemed to not be where I knew I could access it. I also wanted to apologize for all of the little author messages during the story, I know you're here for the story so I'll have fewer author notes. In most of the sittings that I wrote this, I wrote about a thousand words which was crazy, I really had a lot more ideas than I thought I could come up with before I started writing. I wanna say thank you for all of the support on this so far, already having almost 1K reads thank you so much, I have no words, I thought this would completely flop. I'll start working on the next chapter tonight and tomorrow but it'll most likely be out next weekend so expect it then. Until then, see ya ^^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 1.6K 30
There was a time when sunlight bathed the surface of the earth ,rays touching everything at one time or another ,boundless ,almost endless energy tra...
74.9K 2.2K 12
Shizuo x Reader fanfiction. I have no idea how long this will be so, enjoy!
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
102K 2.1K 10
Bakugo gets accused of being the UA traitor. How will the class react? The story begins towards the end of their first year after the Nine and overha...