Book 1: Welcome to Camp Creta...

By Starlighthearts1

This will be mainly a Yaz X Reader for this story. Don't like, please don't read. I am not forcing you to rea... More

Chapter 1: Welcome Campers! ~ Part 1
Chapter 2: Welcome Campers! ~ Part 2
Chapter 3: The Lab
Chapter 4: Cattle Drive ~ Part 1
Chapter 5: Cattle Drive ~ Part 2
Chapter 6: Things Fall Apart ~ Part 1
Chapter 7: Things Fall Apart ~ Part 2
Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Eddie! ~ Part 1
Chapter 9: Happy Birthday, Eddie! ~ Part 2
Chapter 10: Welcome to Jurassic World ~ Part 1
Author's Note
Chapter 11: Welcome to Jurassic World ~ Part 2
Chapter 12: Last Day of Camp ~ Part 1
Chapter 14: End of the Line ~ Part 1
Chapter 15: End of the Line ~ Part 2
Author's Note
Just Saying Hi

Chapter 13: Last Day of Camp ~ Part 2

611 26 12
By Starlighthearts1

Yo! What up peeps! I am happy to announce I have another chapter for you guys! I hope you enjoy and have an epic weekend!

P.S. I just re-read the last chapter, and I realized I wrote 'Y/n Pov' instead of 'Yaz Pov'. I fixed it up for you guys so you aren't confused lol. This chapter will be 'Y/n Pov'.

(Previously on 'Welcome to Camp Cretaceous!')

We all take our last great leap of faith as we all jump into the monorail, landing clumsily on the floor. I blink for a couple of minute, suddenly realizing Y/n had landed directly on top of me. We were all panting, then we caught eye contact for a spilt moment. We both began to laugh awkwardly, collecting ourselves and getting to our feet. "Um, y-you good?" I ask, getting a bit flustered. "Yeah, you?" she replied, a large grin on her face. "As long as we don't have to run anymore and have near-death experiences or heart attacks, then yeah, I'll be a-okay." she then began to giggle. I then followed afterward. We both then began to recollect ourselves again, noticing everyone was just staring at us. "What?" We both asked at the same time. Kenji just gave us a smug smile. "Oh-nothing. Nothing at all..." I growl at him, then roll my eyes. The others all start to look out the window, staring down at the now fallen dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World. "So, we in the clear yet?" Y/n tries to break the silence. "No way. Something always bad happens when we think we are safe. Watch. The doors are gonna open." We all wait for it to be on cue, however, nothing happens. Sammy then turns and scoffs a bit. "Oh, okay, then, the train's gonna stop, because that's how this works." It was as if he wanted something bad to happen.

"I'm pretty sure we're safe now." Brooklyn concludes, turning away from the window to go sit down. "Well, we were until you said that." Kenji adds in, still staring out the window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n POV

We all just sat in silence for a long period of time, still trying to get over the fact that we may actually be getting out of here. We looked over to Darius, as he stared out the window to the bright, full moon above the dark jungle below. "It's over." he sighed in relief. He then turned to face the rest of us. "Guys, we did it. We're going home."

At the last bit of Darius's sentence, we all began to turn to each other, smiling and grinning. I turned to look at Yasmina, smiling happily, then raised my hand to give her a high-five. Once again, we all were quiet, before Sammy lunged out of her seat and began to cheer. Doing so, Ben and Bumpy jumped back in surprise. Darius smiled and chuckled, then repeated. He got up in his seat and began to cheer with her. Everyone then followed, while me and Yaz cheered while sitting, since we couldn't stand very well still. "Finally!" I begin to laugh happily, waving my hands in the air. "Universe, took you long enough!" Yasmina and Brooklyn chuckled and giggled at my comment. Kenji, however, was the only one that still lay in silence, staring out the window. Darius walked to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's cool, man. We're good." Kenji responded with an uncertain look, then began to smile. 

"This calls for a celebration." Brooklyn announced to the rest of us. Ben raised his hand with a smile. "I might be able to help with that." He reached in his fanny pack and began to pull out candy bars. "Stashed a few treats for the road." "Omg, is that what I think it is? I'm starving!" I reach over and snag a couple from Ben, handing one to Yasmina. "Our little Ben is useful." Kenji smiled, then staged one. Everyone began to snatch bars from Ben, opening them quickly.

As soon as everyone started to take a bite, then shortly afterwards began to spit them out quickly. I didn't really mind them, I actually thought they had an interesting taste. Sammy looked as if she was about to barf, before quickly covering her mouth. She then whispered under her breath. "This is nasty." 

Kenji began to try and brush the candy bar off his tongue. "Ugh, get it off, get it off, get it off!" I just burst out into laughter, nearly falling out of my seat. I then sat back up again and continued to eat my candy bar. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. "What? It's not that bad, also I'm starving people!" I respond, then rolled my eyes. Sammy then leaned over Ben's seat. "Ben, someone stole your candy bars and put dirt in 'em." "They're carob bars. They pair perfectly with--" He was about to finish before Darius cut him off. "Carob juice. Awesome." Ben nodded. "Carob is nature's chocolate. Just as delicious, with none of the sugar or caffeine." I snagged a juice box from Ben's fanny pack, then began to suck it down. Once again, everyone, including Yasmina turned to look at me. "Maybe I'm thirsty too." I roll my eyes again, and finish my juice box. "What is wrong with sugar and caffeine? First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is hug my espresso machine. I may never let go." Brooklyn then hugged herself to paint the picture.

"You know..." Kenji sat up in his seat a bit, attempting to look cool. I've often described myself as a tall hot drink." I rolled my eyes at his comment. "Come on man, gross." I made a barf face, then giggled a little bit. "Kenji, you could never be coffee." Brooklyn responds plainly, giving him a bit of a smirk. "I could be coffee!" Kenji replied back, trying to protect his ego. "What is the first thing you are going to do when you get home, Yaz?" I ask her. "Well, once my ankle's better, it's back to training. And I guess finding a new corporate sponsor, since mine was Jurassic World. But, you know..." 

"It's gonna be weird for things to go back to normal again." Darius spoke up. "Like, are video games gonna seem boring now?" I giggled a bit, while Kenji chuckled. "What is the first thing you are gonna do when you get home, Kenji?" I ask, a bit curious on what he would say. His eyebrows raised, and he then began to smirk. "Depends on which wing of our mansion you're talking about. East wing is usually off limits, but Dad and Candy are always on business. So, I guess I'll go downstairs to our bowling alley." His smirk then began to fade as he looked down at his lap for a few moments. "Staff always lets me win. Life of a VIP."

"What is the first thing you are gonna do when you get home, Y/n?" Yasmina turned to me, everyone else turning to face me. I thought for a moment; with all the running around on a dinosaur infested island and nearly getting eaten, more than once, I hadn't really thought about what I would do when, if, I ever got home. "Well, I  guess the first thing I am gonna do is probably fill my sketchbook with everything we have been through. This has been a real life changer, and I hate to do nothing with it. Whether we like it or not, I think it is now gonna be a big part of our lives forever." Everyone began to nod in agreement. "So, what have you missed Ben?" Sammy asked. Kenji scoffed a bit, then spoke up. "Oh. Let me guess, you can't wait to get home to your closet of dork pouches. Sammy and Brooklyn chuckled a bit at Kenji's comment. Ben, on the other hand, didn't look amused what so ever. "Ha, ha. Very funny."

"But, seriously Ben, you've had juice boxes for days!" Darius adds in. "How much stuff can you fit in that thing?" Ben began to collect all the questions and answer them one by one. "Well one, lots, and two, obviously the first thing I'm gonna do when I get back is restock it." 

We all then began to laugh. I suddenly realized, it has been a while since we have all had a good laugh without dinosaurs trying to eat us.

Kenji got out of his seat, reaching for a rack with flashlights. He flipped the switch, then made a weird face with the light. "Hey guys, I found the one thing in Jurassic World that works!" As he finished, he drops it, a small crack comes from it while it turns off. I lift a brow at him, crossing my arms. He chuckles nervously while picking it up quickly. It turns on again, and he laughs nervously. "Still works." 

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "I still can't believe how much went wrong." Brooklyn points out. "Oh, like that time we almost got eaten?" "Which time?" Yaz asks, lifting a brow. I do a face palm. "Literally, how was there more than one time?!" 

Darius stood up and raised his juice box. "Let's all raise our carob juice. To not getting eaten!" We all repeat afterwards, cheering to it. "To not getting eaten!"

Since I drank the last of mine, I barrowed another from Ben, and sipped it down. Everyone else, on the other hand, made weird faces as if they were being asked to eat sand.

Brooklyn then stands and raised her juice box. "To no more running away!" "Hopefully not!" I add it, before we all cheered to it. "To no more running away!" Ben closes his eyes while he drinks, a grin on his face. Everyone else hesitates, including Yaz. I look at her, then she shakes her head. "Mm-mm." I raise my shoulders, then continue to sip on my drink.

Sammy doesn't want to hurt Ben's feelings, so she empties her juice box onto the floor, Bumpy slurping it up happily.

Ben then stands up and smiles. "To the return of a low level gnawing dread rather than an all encompassing impending doom!" We all look at him for a moment, before I speak up. "To whatever he just said!" I raise my juice box and cheer. 

"Why not!"

"To what Ben said!

"Bad doom versus normal doom!"

"I got one--" Sammy was cut short as the monorail began to shake. We all gasped, then began to stare outside the windows, looking for what it may be. "It sounded like an explosion." Yaz concludes, looking around.

"Ugh! Not again!" Brooklyn groaned.

"I don't see anything." Kenji said, leaning against the window. 

Darius sighs, then turns to us. "I don't think it was near us. We're okay. We're still okay." We all turn and look at one another, worry and sadness in all of our eyes. "I know camp wasn't what we thought it was gonna be." Sammy began, trying to break the long silence that lingered around us. "But after everything we went through, at least we're leavin' this place with six new friends! To the seven of us being friends for life!" she stood up, raising her juice box. Everything lied in silence, only the sounds of our heart beat filled the air. I looked down at my hands, sadness filling my heart. Now that we were going home now, we all were from different parts of the world, miles apart. I may never see any of these wonderful people I have grow to love, not even Yasmina...

I tried to fight the tears that were starting to threaten to spill. Yasmina turned to face me, then rubbed the side of my arm for comfort. 

"Wow, 'no added sugars,' huh?" Darius whispers out loud, trying to change the subject. Yasmina just stares at Darius, blinking unamused. "Guys? Hello? Wait, do you guys not see us as friends?"

"I mean..." Brooklyn tried to search for words. "Doesn't it usually take more than a few days to become friends with someone?" "We were thrown together at random. We have nothing in common, besides some hobbies we may share. "That's not true! We've been through more together than most friends have in a lifetime." Sammy adds. "And now that it's over, what are the odds that we'll ever see each other again?" Ben adds in, curling up in a ball next to Bumpy. "Guys," I finally speak up, looking to the other. "Look, I know we are all from different parts of the world, hundreds, if not thousands of miles apart. But, if I have learned anything from friendships, that is that we will never give up on each other or leave each other behind. I mean, this is a life changing experience, for all of us. Together we will stand, or alone we will fall. We, are the only people left on this island, as far as we know. Sammy has a point. The seven of us alone have done more together in just a few days than anyone on this world has done in a lifetime. What is that worth the you think? I know for a fact that even we lose track of each other, I will never forget you guys. And, that is my promise." Everyone just stared at me, then began to look down at the floor. Yasmina and Darius looked as if they were about to say something, before the announcer began to speak.  

'Coming up on the right, you'll see out world-reowned 18 hole, dinosaur-themed golf course. It's one of the many wonders that makes this park so very Jurassic.'

Brooklyn scoffed. "What does that even mean?" "I thought I knew." Darius responds, leaning against the window. "My whole life, I had this idea of Jurassic World. My dad used to say this place was 'All-osaurus and and bag of chips." He chuckled, but no smile appeared on his face. "He was so corny." "Um, was?" I ask, trying to be cautious of my words. "So, your dad is..." By the long silence, I started to feel tears well up in my eyes. "Darius, I--" "I'm sorry, Darius. Ugh! "Sorry." Nice one, Sammy, ya ding-dong! Like "sorry" could begin to--" "It's okay, Sammy." Darius turned to her. "Hey, at least your dad never saw what a dumpster fire this place turned out to be, huh?" I elbowed Kenji's side, hard. "Ow! What? I meant it's cool that Darius and his dad were so close. I can count on one hand the times me and my dad have done...anything." "Wow, Kenji now that's just real sad." Sammy speaks up. "Yeah." Kenji sighs, then attempts to change the subject, "Did I mention I have a bowling alley?"

"Dang it! Come on, it's gotta be here somewhere." He dumps out his fanny pack on the seat next to him, then grabs his sanitizer. "It's fine. I can make more." "Okay, Ben, why are you here?" I ask, while Kenji just gives him a weird look. "What I mean to say is--well, you're scared of dinosaurs, and the outdoors, and sometimes the indoors, and germs, and for some weird reason, whipped cream?" I send him a weird look at the last part. "The way it moves." "Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. We really need to have a discussion about this." Yeah, this is what we are talking about, Ben. What's the deal?" Kenji asks, pointing his turned off flashlight at him. "My mom works for Mr. Masrani. She got me into camp. Said it would be a great way for me to 'face my fears.' It's been a nightmare! I'm sick of being scared all the time. And of running, and of almost getting eaten, and...and of holding everyone back. I just can't do...this." We all sat in silence for a few long heart beats. I would of liked to say something to encourage him, but for some reason, no words could come out. Bumpy walked up to him and nuzzled his lap. "But," he began to speak again, petting her head. "it's not all bad. If I hadn't have come, I--I never would have met--"

Before he could finish, a loud crash shook the monorail, tossing most of us out of our seats and onto the floor. Darius got up quickly and ran to the other train car, trying to see what it was. Most of the others followed after him; Yaz and I stayed behind, trying to grip onto the seats for support. We then heard from the other train car. "Guys, we gotta turn off the lights!" There was then a lot of smashing sounds. "Um, guys, what are you doing? What is happening?" I shout out, as another rumble in the car almost made me fall out of my seat.

Darius then shouted out for all of us to hear. "Flying reptiles are basically seabirds. They're attracted to shiny, moving objects, and with the lights on--" "We're a shiny moving object!" I finished, looking at Yaz, eyes wide. 

Ben shouted out. "What should I do?!" "Just keep out of the way!" Brooklyn responds, then begins to smash lights. She tossed one to Yaz where we were sitting, and she then got up and started to break the lights.

"Yaz, what should I--" I tried to speak, before being cut short by her. "Just, try to stay calm. I got this."

Darius raced to our car and began to direct orders. "Brooklyn, you're with Yaz. Sammy, help Ben, Bumpy and Y/n across!"

We all keep pace with Darius, racing from car to car. Then, of course, the voice starts to talk again. 

'Smile! You're at Jurassic World. Hope you're having a Jurassic time!'

'That's it.' I grab Kenji's flashlight, and smash the speaker, letting sparks fly from it. Kenji just looked at me for a minute. "Sorry. Had to be done." I casually, but quickly toss back his flashlight as Sammy helps me keep up.

We all stop once we get to the second from the first car, then stare out the window. I gasp as I spotted another monorail. However it was broken and in flames, Pterodactyls plucking at the metal. "Well, at least now we know what that boom was earlier." Sammy says, looking over to Darius. 

"I told yo--" 

"Don't."

"Not a good time, Kenji." I say, grabbing hold of one of the poles for support. If we don't switch tracks or stop the car right now, we are gonna hit that thing full speed!" Darius exclaims, starting to look around. "The front car, there's control panels there! VIP Tour, I was eight, they let me drive." Kenji says out loud, pointing to the front cabin. Darius runs over, attempting to open the doors. "No, no, no!" He grunts, it not budging. I stay with Ben and Bumpy as the others race over to try and help. 

I turn to look to Ben; he was whimpering and curled up in a ball. I leaned over to try and rub his back, hoping it would calm him down a bit. "I'm gonna get to the control car through there." Darius spoke up, and I spun around and noticed the hatch in the ceiling. 

"You're gonna what?" Sammy exclaimed.

"You cant go out there! That is where the flying whatevers are!"

"Are you crazy?!" I shout out, my eyes began to widen as I say one of the flying reptiles swoop by the window. "We don't have a choice! Me and--" He paused as he looked down ad Ben, then sighed. "I'm the only one that can fit." Another crash made us all fall down. I lost my grip on the pole and fell on my side. I grunted when a sharp pain went up my leg. I looked at Ben, seeing he looked absolutely terrified. He then looked at Bumpy, then the hatch, then to me. "Ben, wait--what are you--" I tried to stop him, however he was already making his way to the hatch. "You guys are going to be okay."

"Distract the flock while I crawl over the top to the control car. Use the flashlights, keep them away from--" 

"Darius! Look!" I shout out, him swinging around and seeing Ben crawl up the hatch. "Ben!" he exclaimed, before getting on top of a seat and climbing up after him. He said a few things to him, before jumping back down and grabbing a light. "Come on! We have to keep them away from Ben!" The others all began to run through the other cars, taking flashlights and swinging them around. Even though I couldn't run, I still tried to keep them busy as I hobble close behind them.

We all stopped when we reached the back car, still moving around the lights. I sat down in one of the seats, holding tightly to one of the lights. We all jumped as a  Pterodactyl beginning to smash the windows. Just then, the tracks switch, and we race past the other broken monorail, as we all stared in amusement as it fell and blew up. We all raced back to the front car, watching as Ben opened the control room doors. "Whooo! Yeah!" I cheer, raising my hands in the air. We all then begin to chant his name. "Just as he is about to confront us, everything appears to be going into slow motion. The glass shatters around us, then Ben is then grabbed and picked up, then throw out the window. I hobble over and grab hold of his hand. "Ben!" I shout out, holding on as tight as I could. "Help!" Ben cries out, tears rolling down his face. "Hang on!" I shout. "Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" He screams out as his hand begins to slip. I start to feel myself sliding across the car floor. "No, no, no!" I start to slip outside of the car, and we both begin to fall. "Y/N! BEN! NO!" I heard the others scream. "YASMINA! DARIUS!" I screamed out, then began to get hit by tree branches. Suddenly, a sharp pain hits my head, and all goes black.

______________________________________________

3700 words for this chapter and almost 500 views on this story! Omg, tysm for your support peeps! I will try to update again soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 805 58
Masrani's niece, Y/N who's next in line to take over and his nephew, Luca, get VIP access to Camp Cretaceous along with 6 other people. One of them b...
6.1K 114 25
The kids are all alone and as far as they know, no one's coming. Watch as the life of survival both takes it's toll and brings the campers together...
13.7K 287 16
You are 15 years old Darius sister and after he won a video game he has to pass a summer in Jurassic worlds new program named Camp Cretaceous . You a...
8.5K 93 16
Helloo so basically I'm just making this for fun and yes the show is underrated so I bet there won't be many people who read this but I hope you enjo...