Dirty Dancing with a Goddess

By Ar040394

"Hello mortal, I'm (Y/n), daughter of Hades and Persephone," He squints, blinking slowly and rubbing his eye... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 9

224 26 7
By Ar040394

Your POV:

From the moment we got back, Jimin left all his stuff by the door then limped his way around the house, pulling all curtains shut before eventually holing himself up in his bedroom. Not even bothering with dinner. I may not have known him for too long but his eating schedule is real shit, often days missing breakfast and dinner, always doing work instead.

Should I... 

I glance into the kitchen, seeing the stack of cup instant noodles. 

Tiny quacks draw my attention to our duckling, still in it's makeshift living space, then towards the bag of stuff Jimin bought, all stuff for this random duckling that he could've easily gotten rid off.  

hmmmm... 

-

Okay, don't set his house on fire, deep breaths. I focus on the open cup of instant noodles, now filled with cold water, Jimin has prohibited me touching the hot water dispenser along with several other kitchen appliances, in fact everything actually except the jug of drinking water, which he switched out for a plastic jug recently.

Clearly, I'm very trusted by that man. Note the sarcasm.

So now, I'm trying to channel just a small controlled flame above the water-immersed noodles to cook them. Tiny flame, I can do this.  A warm black mist dances between my fingers, growing deeper in colour as tiny blue sparks start at my fingers. 

Great so far- until a tall vortex of blue shoots up, burning a hole in his kitchen cabinets before I wrangle my hand under control.

...

"Ducky, do you think Jimins gonna notice that?" 

"Quack." 

After another try or two, I finally manage it, a perfectly controlled blue flame that I can manipulate at my will. 

"Ducky, are you seeing this I'm a genius... I'm also talking to a duck, hm."  

It doesn't respond this time, waddling about doing other things while I hold my fingers hovering above the water surface, waiting for it to bubble. 

Everythings done, the noodles are cooked and I've poured in the pack of dried vegetables but still feels like I'm forgetting something but I'm short on time, eh nevermind. They look good enough as is.

I knock on his door and it creaks open, he hadn't bothered to lock it. 

He's not asleep either, changed into his usual home apparel of a t-shirt and shorts as he sits with one leg up on the chair, fingers paused amid typing on his laptop. His mouth curved into an o upon my entry, round-rimmed glasses nearly sliding off his nose before he quickly adjusts them.  

"Uh..." I proudly showcase the instant noodles.

He points to himself, making a noise of surprise. He moves to stand, and thats when I see the gauze dressing on his knee. Gesturing for him to sit back down, I instead walk up to him, holding out the plastic container. His eyebrows furrow as he looks down at the pale noodles, before accepting it and the utensils. 

I've never cooked mortal food... or food in general. There isn't exactly a cooking 101 class in the underworld. Oh, maybe I should bring up the idea so the souls would have something to do as they repent.

The sound of him slurping the noodles interrupts my train of thought.

Is it bad? Is it good? Did I forget something? I keep getting the feeling that I did...

He peers up with his mouth full, amusement dancing within his eyes before a heavy exhale. Every movement of his jaw and the even slower swallowing is nerve wrecking. With a few more large bites he finishes everything, handing me back an empty cup and plastic utensils to be thrown away. 

"Good?" I unsurely ask, pointing to the cup. 

His lips pull into a smirk as he nods "Good. Thank you." 

A huge weight flies off, the first step in blending in with the humans of being able to cook basic food is complete. Looking down at my feet, the floors turned into a pale blue once again like the first time I left his dorm room, rippling around even when I don't move. 

"Oh?" I lift one of my feet, seeing the glowing water-like substance roll of my feet in droplets but they didn't feel wet.

I think something like this was supposed to happen to signify a checkpoint, for each time I get a step closer to the goal.

Jimins expression mirrors mine, almost a little mockingly. 

"Oh?" His voice higher and more exaggerated, I'd give him the benefit of doubt if his eyes weren't so amused and if he could've hidden his little laugh a bit better. 

The pale glow by my feet fades and he sinks back into his chair, pushing his glasses up once again to read something on his screen. He looks busy. Leaving him to his own devices I find myself back in the kitchen. After preparing his noodles I also made one for me, leaving it on the counter to eat later. 

My face blanches upon tasting it though, absolutely no flavour whatsoever.  

"Quack."

My attention is pulled over to ducky on the floor, seated atop two unopened silver packets of instant noodle seasoning. 

oh.... oh no. No wonder the soup looked pale in colour, and Jimin really ate everything, every last drop of the soup which is more of just water and spicy oil. My face sinks into my hands, oh gosh I feel terrible. Why didn't he say anything...

Glaring back at his shut bedroom door , I've pre-decided to be a responsible adult and completely blame him if he get a stomach ache or indigestion tomorrow. 

-

"(Y/N)!" 

I sleepily mumble, turning onto my back, only for it to be met with the cold surface of the floor. My vision focuses on the living room ceiling, I must've passed out here after trying to set up the stuff Jimin bought for the duckling. 

"(Y/nnnnn)?" Jimin calls again from the kitchen he sounds annoyed.

Lazily rolling onto my side, I push my hair out of the way to get a better look at him. The poor guy is standing in his kitchen absolutely speechless, pointing at the hole with an outline of singed wood in one of the overhead cabinets. 

I spring up pointing to our duckling, knowing full well my excuse won't work but perhaps he'll be less mad?

He pulls open the cabinet, pulling out one of the porcelain plates. Well what was once a porcelain plate, it's sort of melted in the middle, spilling over on the side in a gloopy mess like a melted candle. 

With one hand on the kitchen island and another dragging down his face he begins mumbling to himself in his mother tongue, occasionally looking to me as if expecting input. This is the second phase of annoyed Jimin. 

From what I've seen his annoyance comes in 4 phases; firstly the one where he will make some sort of noise of disapproval from 'tch' to disappointed sighs, second phase the one where he looks like he's questioning life and begins mumbling as if to console himself, third phase where he's just fed-up and tired, moving onto acceptance of the situation right off the bat to avoid a spike in blood pressure but from the deadpanned look on his face it's easy to tell that takes a while, sometimes his eye twitches. The fourth and final phase, that includes annoyance I have yet to see nor experience. The unknown.

"Are you listening?" 

Jimins standing in front of you, semi-melted plate in hand waving about in the air. 

"No" I nod as I answer. 

Ah, he's going into phase 3 now. 

I wonder if it's different for other mortals. 

His work is pretty long and boring. Especually with the latest task being discussing stuff with his friends and people in fancy suits, signing papers at the end. 

I tug at his sleeve to gain his attention once he follows the crowd out the door, he probably already knows what I'm going to ask at this point but still motions for me to speak.

"...you done yet?"

He shakes his head, this probably being the fifth time I've asked today alone. Typing something out on his phone he tries showing it to me as normally as possible without garnering suspicion. 

'You sound like a movie character.' 

Oh? My finger darts to the mic icon nearly hitting his phone out of his hands, his hands fumble to catch it as he looks around, praying no one saw his blunder. 

"Does the character look like me?"

He reads it before nodding, wah this character must be pretty.

"Name? and movie name?" 

He doesn't need the phone to translate for this "Donkey, Shrek." 

A sly little smirk spreads along his lips for a moment before he reigns it back. Suddenly, his compliment didn't seem much like one. At my doubtful face, he has an even more difficult time holding back his amusement, cheeks puffing up as he holds his lips sealed. 

-

Jimin POV:

I can't believe she really doesn't know Shrek- ah well I suppose netflix and cable probably aren't a thing in heaven. 

A hand taps my shoulder "What are you laughing about Jimin?"

"Huh? oh Hobi hyung! Uh, was I laughing..."

He unsurely nods, beside him she nods as well mimicking him.

...this moron.

"Uhm, I was just smiling to myself, read a funny post online..." ending with an awkward chuckle, whether it be good or bad for some reason I just could not lie believably to him.

Hoseok just hums, but decides not to pry "Anyway, this is for you,"

Taking the note out of his hand, I eye it skeptically  "and this is...?"

"You seemed to be struggling a little with the new choreography so I wrote down some simple pointers for you specifically at certain parts, about your position timing. Its not much, but you seem to have alot on your mind, so I hope it helps even if it's only a little." 

"Thanks hyung," I flash him a smile before looking down to the paper with Hoseoks note, let's just say it was far from simple, every detail possible written down for me, and at the very bottom a little smiling sunflower with a speech bubble that reads: Jimin fighting!

I don't deserve this...

"This is really-"

He waves me off before I even complete my sentence "Whats done is done, no worries. Wish I could talk longer but I have to go meet with the producers in abit. See ya round!" With a quick wave and a dazzling smile of his own he heads back the way he came. 

I'm left with just the paper in hand, my eyes getting cloudier the more I stare at it. Ah, whats wrong with me, getting so emotional over a paper. 

Hobi hyung deserves the world. 

A harsher tug on my sleeve reminds me she's here. Her eyes greatly concerned.

Rubbing my eyes at the back of my sleeve, I return to pretending absolutely nothing had happened, her concern dies down abit but her brows remain furrowed. Aw, does she care?

"I'm oka-" 

Her gaze falls beyond me, worry morphing to curiosity as she points elsewhere. To Jungkook and Jin playing scissors, paper, stone to be exact. Okay wow, just completely forgetting my little moment from earlier just like that already. 

She looks at them curiously, snickering a little when Jungkook loses and Jin slaps him across the face, no hesitation.

. . . It is pretty funny. 

"What is that?" she mumbles aloud.

"Game."

"Game?" she asks back, the golden glow of her skin getting a tad brighter as she looks at them more eagerly. 

Do they not have games in heaven?

"Want... to play?"

The glow of hers only brightens, she's like a walking LED light. With an eager nod, her attention is back to me. After abit of difficulty an almost completely relying on my phone to translate, I think she's understood the rules.

"Okay?"

"Okay." She nods, very fired up about a simple childs game.

"Scissors... paper... stone!" 

I lost ...she must have beginers luck.

She looks unsurely between her hand and my face, I nod in assurance, she won fair and square so I should get the penalty. She's just a girl after all, I doubt her hit would even be that hard-

Next thing I know I'm stumbling to regain my footing, her one hit strong enough to sway me off balance almost entirely. I take back my prior statement on girls.

With one hand nursing my cheek, I can only hope it won't swell. Instead of looking apologetic she seems highly pleased with herself, zero remorse. This must be a new form of divine retribution right? 

She looks like she wants to have another go, but for the sake of my keeping my face attached to the rest of me and all teeth intact, I think it's best not too.

"Let's just go back to the house.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1.3K 15
is he mafia?? or killer A indian girl who lives in korea now she had stuck with him y/n: no one loves me taehyung: i love you honey y/n: you j...
67.1K 2.3K 48
𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 ◡̈ ⚠️ contains mature language, smut, blood, death, mention of suicide, et...
150K 5.5K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
423K 12.5K 22
BTS x Reader Fanfic What if you were the soulmate of Seven Greek Gods. Namjoon- Zeus- God of the Sky Jin- Asclepius- God of Medicine Yoongi- Hades...