𝙑𝙞𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉'𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙣

By DepressionsLesbian

Dynera, Londynn, and Nina have been friends since the beginning of time. When Enez shows up at Pastrami High... More

Chapter 𝙊𝙣𝙚
Chapter 𝙏𝙬𝙤
Chapter 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
Chapter 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧
Chapter 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
Chapter 𝙎𝙞𝙭
Chapter 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
Chapter 𝙏𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
Chapter 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
Chapter 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

Chapter 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚

659 34 47
By DepressionsLesbian

Enez Lyons
After School
4:54 p.m.

I can't believe I'm doing this shit again. I reach in between a shelf and pick up a package of boxers I like that's just my size. I glance around boredly, then bust open the package, and stuff the merch into my jean jacket pocket on the inside.

Jean jackets are stiff and they don't have as much space as bigger jackets. I can only take so much and I don't wanna get cocky. I got some weed on me, picked it up from Die's plug. I don't want to get caught stealing and with some illegal shit on me. I plan on selling it to buy me something that'll make me happy. Maybe a new pair of shoes- shit, maybe even an oil change for my good ole Kia.

Who knows?

I start walking towards the shoes section of the department store when I feel like someone's watching me. Something in me tells me to just put the boxers back. They're just boxers, they're nothing worth it to get caught over. But the pride in me makes me stuff my hands into my pockets, pick up a random pair of shoes and head to check out.

Maybe if I buy something, it won't look like I stole.

You gotta spend money to make money.

When it's my turn in line, I pay for the random pair of shoes and get them bagged. I smile at the cashier and head for the door. I'm almost ten feet away from the store when I hear a throat clear behind me.

"You already know you have to come with me, right?"

I nod slowly, turning around with a bittersweet smile on my face. I empty my jacket of the boxers and hand it over to the mall cop. He handcuffs me, then leads me by the shoulder to his office in a little hole-in-the-corner. He's African American, or at least I'm just assuming that, and he's balding with a large tummy and tiny feet.

Once we made it into his office, he un-cuffed me.

"I'm not gonna call the cops."

I look up from my lap, as he's sitting down the random pair of shoes that I bought. "You're not?"

"I'm sure as hell telling your parents but I'm not gonna get the authorities involved."

"Why?" I ask. Ian have a problem being let off the hook, I just really wanted to know why.

Why am I even alive, pops into my head.

"Because I see something in you. You can make it somewhere. I don't want another black kid in the system because of petty shit like this. How much you wanna bet that I'm right?" he asks me, but I know his question is rhetorical. "You stole the boxers because it's something you wanted. I bet you got enough boxers at home to wear on your ass, at least for a week."

I nod slowly.

"It's a difference between people like you, and other people," he tells me, biting on one of his nails.

"What is it?" I ask him quietly.

That I wanna die?

"You steal for pleasure I'm guessing, they steal because of need. If I worked at a grocery store and I saw a kid stealing food for his family and I learned that- I'd let him go free," the mall cop tells me honestly. "People like you, I usually wouldn't give that luxury. But it's something in you that tells me you need this too. But in a different way."

"So you're letting me keep the boxers?" I smirk.

"No kid, but I'm letting you go. I don't wanna see you stealing again. Ever." He shakes his head. "Can't even shop on my own lunch break. Gotta wife and kid, you know?" He stands up and hands me a notepad already filled with scribbles of names and random phone numbers.

"Write down your name and your parent's number. If I end up at a dead end, I'll turn you in kid, so I suggest you just let me rat you out to your folks and you just take your punishment."

I blink quickly, glancing down at my lap then looking back up. "Look, please believe me sir. I understand you're pulling a lot of strings here for me and I appreciate that, but my folks aren't..." I try to hold his gaze to convey my whole life story through my eyes if I can. If he can understand, or at least relate.

I don't wanna say too much, if he does call the cops, he can take my statement and use it against my folks.

He sucked in a deep breath, taking me in with his eyes, but in a professional manner. "What are they like?" he asks me quietly. Seeing my expression of distrust, he raises up his pudgy hands. "I'm not gonna tell anyone. I'm just asking."

"Not the best," I say carefully, "they have a lot of...issues," I try to hold his gaze as I say that. "I just- they've never physically hurt me before but when it comes to punishments I haven't really been punished before so I don't know how far they'd possibly go," I explain. "Please...I won't steal anymore, I just- I don't wanna risk it. I have a sister too, I'm a big sister. I have a lot of stress on me. I have to prot-

"I don't wanna see you stealing here again. You understand?"

I nod quickly, standing up. He hands me my bag of random shoes back. "I'll give the store back their underwear," he tells me. He gestures to my bag of shoes. "You should probably return that too within 30 days. You don't look like a Youth 5."

I cock him a smile and exit the office.

Dynera (Die) Ericks
Die's Townhome
5:32 p.m.

"And what time does your shift end today?" my mom asks, putting some veggies in the pot on the stove.

I check my phone for the text my boss sent.

"No definite time. Just around eight," I answer. "And Londynn and I was tryna hang," I let my sentence trail off.

"Okay, but be back by eleven, Die. And definitely in bed, asleep, by twelve. It's a school night," she reminds me.

"Yes ma'am. Save some food for me, love you." I can't bring myself to kiss her cheek today. I feel like I haven't brushed my teeth and gargled enough. I had more than enough time after school to think about the kiss and consider how Enez's life might clash with mine.

I can't believe I'd even consider disgracing my mother's hard work to ruin it all for a thug. Well, not a thug, but a girl who's doing dangerous, bad things.

It's going to be hard enough being Enez's friend when I feel the way I do about her, but I'll make it work. I have to. Because we can't be nothing more.

I can't risk seeing my mom get shot.

I've already lost a father to street violence. And if I stay around Enez, that's what things might lead to.

I go outside to wait for Londynn and her Uber to pick me up. I'm already dressed in my work outfit, not happy about the permanent smell of grease that seemed to waft from these clothes. I get in with Londynn and shut the door.

"Hello," I say to everyone in the car respectively, then get on my phone.

Stinka👄🖕🏽: u ok?

Me: yea, just sum shit goin on. I'm cool doh 👌🏽

Heat💔💔: good cause I'll fight a bih 😉

I didn't even realize we had been texting in the group chat until I saw Nina's text. I feel embarrassed and nervous. I hope Enez just happens to not see this. I feel like she'd immediately know I was referring to her, and I don't want to start any drama.

Me: everything ain't always about women nina. Which is ur obsession. 🥸

Heat💔💔: and what about it 🙄

We get to our job, and I already peep the drive thru line we gon have to battle through. Our coworkers (that had been here long before us) was already telling us about how people seemed to be getting crazier at this location. One coworker was telling me about how somebody stopped they car in the drive thru, got out, and then just got back in like it was nothing.

This location den had numerous fights, lockdowns, and police called too many times. They was starting to call this the most ghetto McDonald's in South Houston, but I think we got a long way to go before it quite reaches that reputation. It's getting there though. Fo sho.

Londynn and I clock in and don't waste any time starting on our work. The only way I'm functioning right now is that my mind is focused on the fun Londynn and I'll have after work. Otherwise, I'd still be mulling over Enez and the kiss.

An hour into my shift, and I wish I hadn't complained about having the late shift the other day. This is wayyy worse. I think I can feel the soles of my shoes starting to give way. I don't notice who I'm serving at the cash register during rush hour until I hear her voice.

"So this the location you work at?"

I look up and there's Enez- with a bit more emotion in her face than earlier today, might I add.

"Yeah. Me and Londynn," I say, restocking the Large cups and cleaning off the counter quickly. I'm trying to stall for time, so that I can keep talking to Enez. Damn, I must be down bad.

"I'm picking you up after work."

"But- me and Londynn have plans." See, I hate how whiny I sound when Enez tells me shit. She ain't nobody daddy, and won't ever be at this point.

"Cancel your plans," she says casually, then walks off. The next person moves up in line, ordering a chicken sandwich without the chicken.

Londynn comes and takes over that confusing ass order and peeps Enez sitting at one of the tables as she starts restocking the ketchup packets up front. "Ain't that Enez? If you got some time, cause I know I don't- they need me in the back- tell Enez I said hey."

I give her a weak smile and agree to do just that.

"She wants to take me somewhere after this but I told her I have plans with you," I say after a moment, pretending to wipe down the counter again.

"Y'all need more than one person working up here," I hear somebody say. You know how people say shit in a way like they want you to hear it? But they too pussy to say it directly to your face? Yeah, that shit aggy as hell.

"Go with her then," Londynn just shrugs. "We den went countless times before and you don't need to be drinking anyways." It was a small little park kickback that usually lasted for an hour or two. Drinking, smoking, and all types of wild teenage shit would be there. Londynn and I went time to time after shifts together. Nina would go sometimes too but she was usually sucking on somebody's daughter around this time of night and this was really more so me and Londynn's thang anyways.

"You sure?" I ask, searching her face.

I didn't want our friendship to fall apart slowly in my face. I wanted each of us in the group to spend time with one another so that our friendships will stay strong and fresh. Like us.

"I'm sure. We probably was gon be too tired anyways. Gon head and enjoy some time wit yo boo."

My eyes widen. "What?" I laugh.

Someone slams their hand down on the counter. "I been waiting here ten minutes for my order to be taken and y'all just talking in the back."

I come up to the old man. "Sir, you don't want me to talk? How you want me to take your order then?" I ask him.

"I want a double cheese burger, no cheese, with a dollar Coke."

I stare at him blankly, put in his order, take his money (as I should, period), then hand him his receipt. All that done without talking. Exact change head ass nigga. I really could say some foul ass shit, but I'm going to attempt at being respectful and professional.

"Bad customer service," he mumbled, walking away. I was gon make sure I tell Londynn to especially spit nice and hard on the cheese that's gonna go on his cheeseburger.

Matter of fact, there go Londynn now.

"Niggas stay playin," I mumble under my breath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 292 19
𝙎𝙪𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝘿𝙙𝙤𝙩 𝙭 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 ❝𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩.❞ 𝘿𝙖...
47.2K 1K 21
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐎 "𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇| they've been together for over 2 years, but unfortunately all good things come t...
32.1K 1K 50
𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 -𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒐
72.6K 3.2K 60
Some sh*t is going down at Northwest High, centered around their girl's basketball team. Will Laura figure it out before she falls too deep into the...