She's One Of The Boys

By lilly-rain

Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your... More

Chapter 1 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 3 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 6 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 8 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 9 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 10 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 11 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 13 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 14 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 15 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 16 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 19 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 24 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 25 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 26 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 27 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 28 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 30 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 34 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapte 40 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - Eva's POV (extra bit)
Chapter 42 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys
Finale - She's One Of The Boys
Letting ya all know what's going on....

Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys

511K 8.5K 1.5K
By lilly-rain

Hi! Thank you to everyone for all the awesome support!! 1,000 fans, that's insane! lol

~ ~ Chapter Eighteen ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

The entire school is getting on my nerves about this flippin’ dance. It’s just a dance people! I didn’t even go last year, the boys and I went down to the shack by the lake and drank beer and fished all night. Dancing is not my thing.

Stopping outside the open classroom door, I looked in at Eva, she had her back to me and was talking loudly to Travis, waving her arms around and laughing – she is imitating something she did to Grant last class. Now, she is my thing and the small smile that formed on my lips was evidence of that.

Tearing my eyes away from her, I remembered yesterday, we actually had a fairly normal conversation and it made me feel weird inside. I enjoyed it. I’m going soft over a girl, well, not just any girl, my mate. If I keep up this obsession I’m going to end up changing for her and I didn’t get where I am today by being a big softy.

Could I possibly be both though? Keep my hard ass attitude that installs fear into everyone from just looking at me but be able to treat Eva the way my wolf wants to - succumb to her every wishes and demands – no matter how stupid I think they are?

I don’t know. I’ve been this way for too long, I don’t think I would even know how to be genuinely nice to someone.

“Ahhh, so our arrogant Alpha actually apologised to his fiery mate?”

Glancing up along the hallway I looked up at Chris casually leaning against a locker, glaring at him for actually saying that out loud, I made my way in his direction, not saying anything back as I leant against the lockers across the hall from him, folding my arms over my chest.

“So, when do you think you’re going to tell her?” he asked again, raising an eyebrow. This is why Chris and I have always gotten along, we don’t take crap from each other but even if we have a mass fight – it doesn’t affect anything and we still act the same. Neither of us has said anything about our last argument yet and we probably won’t.

“I’m not,” I muttered hotly.

When I smelt her on my land yesterday, I had to go check her out and see what she was up to but I had no intentions of doing anything to her, let alone letting her see me but my wolf pulled me closer and closer, I almost couldn’t control him but when she turned to run, I snapped and hurt her and boy the guilt I felt was so overwhelming it almost knocked me over!

I had this huge fool proof plan in place but changed it after Chris’s harsh words and decided to see how playing nice would work out for me but I can’t get closer to her if I’m just going to keep hurting her, even on accident. She is still clueless as to what she means to me and deep down, I don’t want to hurt her – emotionally or physically.

“Why? You can’t ignore it; it will just get worst if you do,” he replied casually.

“And since when are you an expert on mates?” I snapped rudely.

Shrugging, “I asked Keith, since you won’t listen to him,” he pointed out.

I shook my head slightly, I didn’t want to hear anything soppy Keith had to say, he wants me to practically lie down and beg for her – which I won’t do.

“What’s the point? You guys were right, she hates me,” I grunted, knowing if she did find out now, she would just use it against me.....though she did seem to soften up a little yesterday; maybe we still have a chance? Eh, who am I kidding, knowing me I will blow it anyway. Might as well get use to being alone, I’ve never had a problem with it before.

Chris rolled his eyes, “Eva practically hates everyone in this school.”

“Not you apparently,” I growled, yeah I knew about him talking to her about me, I do have wicked hearing after all but I let it go because I knew he was just trying to help.

He raised an eyebrow, “Yeah but she’s your mate, not mine but I do know you’re lucky to have her, you could have ended up with some bimbo who is a whiney stuck up useless thing,” He shrugged again. I growled lowly to myself because he was right.

“Whatever. I don’t care,” I muttered, both of us instantly falling quiet as someone stepped out into the hallway.

We both turned to face the intruder and my body tensed and a low growl escaped my lips as Travis stood there glaring at me, a yellow slip in his hand from the teacher. Chris was watching Travis with keen eyes as well but then Travis turned the other way and started walking off without even a word for either of us.

It was lunch time now and I swear I am about to go wolf and do a mass killing on half this damn school if one more male says he is going to ask Eva to the dance! My hands have stayed in clenched fists since the previous class because that’s when they all started up; everyone had the same genius plan to ask her during lunch.

Only one fault with that ‘genius plan’ of theirs – her brothers are in the way, though they aren’t purposely doing anything to stop anyone, just their mere presence around her is enough to put off the human male population but it was the wolf population that still had balls.

Watching as three of my pack members started heading towards her from different angles, I mustered up my Alpha tone and sent a message to every single wolf in my pack, ‘No one takes Eva to the dance!’ it was a loud and clear as day order, immediately they all backed off.

Chris smirked at me as he shook his head slightly, ‘Still got the humans to deal with.”

Glancing around, I smiled slightly, “I needed something to liven up my day,” I shrugged as I made my way out of the grassed area, no longer able to put up with Eva staring at me strangely, though she didn’t know I noticed. Had she figured it out? If so, why isn’t she going berserk at me?

She doesn’t strike me as the type to take it quietly.

Walking out into the empty hallway, I headed for my locker but stopped in my tracks, ‘Rogues, northern side, on our land,’ Dave suddenly growled loudly in my head. My body tensed, I knew they were going to be back, we lost track of them a day away from here and came back home but we are all thinking the same thing.

That reddish rogue I killed while with Eva may have told others about her and what is the best way to get at the strongest pack in this surrounding area? Go for the Alpha’s mate. I know we aren’t even together but if she were to have something happen to her, I know it will hurt a part of me. I’m not stupid.

Chris came running out into the hallway with our fighter’s right behind him and we all took off down the hall, slamming the front doors open – just the way Eva had done that day not that long ago. Grug can crack it all he wants, I don’t care. Killing the rogues is more important than his pathetic door.

Keeping Eva safe without her knowing is more important than everything and I hate having to admit it, even to myself.

(Eva’s POV)

Raising my eyebrows, “Wow, that was weird,” I muttered as we had just watched Chris and a bunch of tough looking guys run out of here shortly after Saxon had left.

“Must be something wrong with their stupid pack,” Harper muttered with a smirk, secretly hoping that was it. I had to laugh though; it was so childish of him.

“Maybe another pack is running them out of town?” Grant suggested hopefully.

I shook my head at them both as they continued coming up with ideas of what must be happening, even mutant rabbits came into it somehow. I don’t know; I tuned them out after they started and was only getting bits and pieces of what they were saying now.

The bell for the end of lunch sounded out and we all got up, making our way back inside. Grant and Harper took off in front, still discussing what had happened, or what they hoped had happened sounded more like it. Stevie walked off to some other guy I’ve seen him talking to a few times but I forget his name and Brody was with his friend that tried hitting on me, Bryce; which left Travis walking with me.

Looping my arm through his and leaning my head on his biceps, “Cant we just go home already?” I sighed, hoping he would say yes.

“Nope.”

“You suck.”

“I know,” He smiled then fell silent, “Hey Eva?” he asked quietly.

Looking up at his worried and torn face I frowned, “What’s wrong?”

“Uh...I don’t know how to say this but....if you found your mate, would you tell us?” he asked quickly, looking down into my eyes. Great, he always looks straight into my eyes when he wants to know if I’m lying or not and since I’m not about to lie, I don’t care but it does suck when I am.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I?” His question confused me; he should know I would tell them something big like that.

“No matter who it might be?” he pressed.

Smiling, I nodded, “Yep because I’m going to have an awesome mate who has a wicked sense of humour and you all will love him.”

Travis shook his head playfully, “You don’t get to pick Eva,” He muttered, “But promise me, if you ever do find out who it is that you will tell us, no matter what?”

Frowning, I promised, still not getting the big deal...unless...”Do you know who my mate is? Oh man, it’s someone horrible isn’t it – scratch that, I don’t want to know if it’s that bad,” I groaned, hitting myself in the forehead as he laughed.

“No, I don’t know,” Then he fell silent again, “But I have a suspicion and yeah, you won’t like it.”

Snapping my head to look up at him “Huh? How can you have a suspicion and who is it?”

He shook his head, “I’m not telling you in case I am wrong, it will start something massive if I am and we don’t need that. Usually it’s only other people who have already mated who can tell, it’s the looks the two share, the way they act around each other without even realising it, it’s just more obvious to mated wolves,” He shrugged.

Groaning, “Man, this sucks. But if you do find out for sure, you have to tell me, no matter what,” I used his own words against him. Travis nodded and agreed reluctantly, I did want to know so badly who he thought it might be but not at the same time. I can wait until he is sure or I find out for myself.

What were the signs again? Man, I should have paid better attention but with finding out about Emily and getting peeved at Saxon, I kind of had other things on my mind.

Standing outside dad’s large and firmly shut office doors, I hesitated with my hand halfway to the door. I was nervous right now, how was he going to react? Was he going to say no and yell at me? Was he even in? Would he simply ignore me until I went away? Oh man, I’m so scared right now.

“Come in Evangeline,” His deep voice echoed from behind the door. Gulping, I slowly turned the handle and opened the door, noticing him sitting in his big chair behind his large desk with his laptop open and turned on while his fingers typed away.

Crossing the room quickly I sat down in the chair facing his desk, the one that is so big I feel like it is going to wrap around me and trap me here forever but of course it doesn’t.

“Um....I was wondering.....if I can have some money?” I asked quietly. Usually I’m not this nervous around my dad, I just avoid him or he is yelling at me, which I can handle because I know what is going to happen but I’ve never purposely seeked him out before to ask for something.

“What for?” he barked loudly, making me jump but his eyes never left the laptop screen and his fingers never stopped typing away.

“Um, the school is having a dance tomorrow...and, um....I wanted to buy a dress,” I mumbled quickly, wincing already as I waited for him to yell again but he didn’t. I had left this for as long as possible; all week actually since I only really decided earlier today I would go.

Everything fell deathly silent as his fingers stopped typing and when I looked up at him I quickly glanced away because he was staring at me in shock, “Y-you want to buy a dress?” he stuttered, still dumbstruck.

I had the urge to roll my eyes but didn’t, jeez, it’s not that shocking! Well, maybe a little but not to this extent, I still haven’t told my brothers I’m going to go because they will tease me and I don’t even have a partner to take but I don’t care. I don’t need a male to have fun, maybe my brothers unless they ditch me for their dates, though Travis hasn’t told me who he is taking yet.

Stevie did though and it was the only reason why I decided to go, Travis is taking Emily’s cousin, she is a year younger than Emily and her name is Heather, apparently her and Travis talk often since she has tried to help him find out where Emily is only to come up with dead ends but they still talk regardless of that.

“Um, yes?”

He suddenly leaned back in his chair and let out a big breath of air, “I never thought I would see the day my little girl would dress like a girl.” He sounded amused but slightly happy but when he smiled at me and I mean truly smiled at me, my jaw hit the floor.

“Are you okay?” I asked slowly, maybe he is having a mental breakdown or something and I just happened to come in at the wrong time?

“I’m fine Evangeline.” He smiled a little softer this time and then leaned forward to open one of the drawers in his desk, pulling out a small rectangle piece of plastic, he handed it over for me, “Spend as much as you want, money is not an issue.”

“Thanks,” I beamed, grinning from ear to ear. Wow, my dad is speaking to me, like actually speaking to me and all I had to do was ask for money – to buy a dress. How crazy is that?

“You’re welcome just make sure you get something tasteful, oh and show me it when you buy it,” He added in his fatherly voice. I didn’t care though; I was getting more excited about this, though I know nothing about being a girl, so I wonder if I could even pick out a tasteful dress? Man, I sure hope so.

Running back out of his office, I headed up the stairs towards the games room, not even my brothers could dampen my mood with their payouts right now! Swinging the doors open and barging in, five heads all turned to look at me as I waved the credit card in the air and grinned.

“Dad totally just had a normal conversation with me!” I half screamed in excitement, “He said I could spend as much money as I wanted because I’m his favourite child and better than all of youse!” yeah, so I added the last part but hey, it sounds good.

“What? I’m his favourite!” Harper shouted defensively with a smirk.

“Pfft, you wish, you suck Harper,” Brody grunted.

“Eva, you stole my number one spot!” Stevie laughed.

“He gave you his credit card?” Grant asked slowly, eyeing the card in my hands while I nodded slowly, “Why?” he asked with suspicion now.

“Uh....so...I...can....buyadress,” I muttered the last part real quick in hopes they wouldn’t catch me out but by the looks on their faces and sound of the laughter – they did. Scowling at them all, “Stop laughing at me!” I shouted above their noise.

“Do you even know what a dress looks like?” Brody chuckled.

“Or do you even know how to wear one?” Stevie added.

“Can you even act like a girl?” Grant snickered.

“Yes I can! I can be totally girly, like, if, like, I wanted,” I put on a sickly sweet voice and battered my eyelashes, which caused more hysterics to come from them all.

“Thought we said for you to never do that again?”

“Argh! Go jump in a pit of lava!” I shouted before storming out of there and down the stairs as loud as I could, angry that they went a little overboard about it. I have worn a dress before....when I was three and had no real say in it and that was the stupid nannies fault for dressing me like that.

Once I found our ‘personal driver’ and I had convinced him to just take the plain black sedan and not the freaking limo, I was on my way to the mall. Wondering how many dress shops might be there, I’m guessing like one or two tops. I mean, come on, how many people buy dresses every single day?

Running my finger along the edge of the credit card, I smiled; maybe I could get a few other things for myself while I am here? I need a few new jeans and tops, a jumper, more socks since mine all keep on going missing. Grant blamed the washing machine saying it ate them but I know it is him who steals them.

Driver Dan – I found out his name in the car ride over, parked the car in the closet spot near the mall and said he would wait for me, even though I told him he could go and I’ll just ring for a lift when I’m ready but he insisted on waiting, so now I’m going to feel like I have to rush because he is sitting in the car with only a newspaper to read.

I may be rude at times and short tempered but I’m not a naturally horrible person.

So far I have been in five different dress shops – yes five! And I still haven’t found something that I like, they are too puffy, too frilly, too revealing, too short or too skanky looking. Man, if I had known it would be this hard to find a freaking dress, I wouldn’t have even bothered.

“Can I help you?” a friendly and warm voice asked from behind me, spinning around to look at the older lady with brunette hair pulled up into a neat pony tail and sparkling blue eyes, I smiled.

“Uh, yeah, I’m looking for a dress for the school dance?” I asked, not sure if there was a certain section for dance dresses or not.

The lady looked me up and down but not in a scrutinising way, I had a pair of jeans on, rips all through them and worn out patches that were on their way to ripping open and a black singlet that fitted snugly but not skin tight.

“Not much of a dress person?” she smiled with friendliness still, unlike the snotty pig from the last store who thought she was better than me.

Smiling, “Yeah, I live with five brothers,” I chuckled, knowing that would explain everything.

Her mouth fell open a little and her eyebrows shot up, “Wow, I feel sorry for you,” she smiled again, nodding slightly, “Come this way and I think we should be able to find you something you will like,” She pointed to the other side of the store and led the way.

“Is there a particular colour you would like?” she asked as we made our way through the racks to where she was leading us.

“Um, I don’t think so,” I shrugged, I had no idea, oh hang on, I do, “No pink though,” She chuckled at that one but said nothing else about it.

Searching through the racks a familiar smell filled my nostrils and I looked up to see Chris of all people staring at me like I had lost my mind, the sales lady looked up too and seemed a little unsure of him, looking him up and down but definitely with a look of scrutiny, “Can I help you?” she tried to sound friendly, I’ll give her credit for that at least.

He glared at her slightly, “No,” then turned to face me, “What are you doing?”

The sales lady looked at me in shock and I smiled sheepishly, great, now she isn’t going to help me, “Um, do I know you?” I asked; hell yeah, I’m such an awesome actress at times.

Chris’s mouth opened slightly, and then noticed the dresses in my hands, “A dress? Really? Never thought I would see you in one Eva,” He smirked, trying to get a bite out of me.

Frowning and looking at him with confusion, “Like I said, do I know you?”

He glared at me and shook his head slightly, a hint of amusement was in his eyes, “Did someone ask you to the dance?” he ignored my acting skills, damn him.

“No,” I shrugged, crap, “Damn, I was doing heaps well too,” I muttered, blowing my cover, then turned back to pull out a long flowing black dress, “But now you are here, you can be my helper from a guys perspective – I don’t want to look cheap,” I smiled slightly and held the dress up.

Instantly he scrunched his nose up, “That’s disgusting,” He commented.

Rolling my eyes I put it back away, “So, what unlucky girl gets the disadvantage of spending the night with you?” I teased.

“Funny, but I’m not going. Dances are lame,“ he muttered, walking up and sitting down on the padded chair behind me, the sales lady made sure to keep a close eye on him while still looking for a dress for me – thank goodness she didn’t give up on helping me because of Chris.

Smiling, I leaned in close to her, “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he doesn’t steal anything,” Her cheeks turned red and she looked away, mumbling something like ‘I wasn’t thinking that’.

Chris had heard and shot me a nasty look; ignoring him I turned my back and faced the rows of dresses which I was never going to ever wear.

“So are you actually going with someone?” he asked again, why the sudden interest?

“Nope, I’m going as a lone she-wolf,” I chuckled at my joke, turning just in time to see him roll his eyes at me.

“Hilarious Eva,” He muttered.

“What’s it to you anyways CC?”

“It’s not me who cares and what’s CC mean?” he asked suspiciously.

“Empty your pockets before I tell you,” I muttered; I didn’t want him to have that pocket knife of his in his reach if I did end up telling him.

“I’m not doing that again,” He growled lowly but human style but I still laughed.

“Tell me who cares then? Is it Ryan because I stuck up for him once?” I frowned, “Because I don’t like him in that way,” I added quickly. He was nice – I think, but not my type.

Chris started laughing, “Ryan wishes but no, he would get his butt handed to him if he asked you.”

Frowning I turned back around with a deep blue dress, it was shorter than the last one, coming to below my knee but covered my top area from all the perverts.

“Can you say ‘Nana’?” Chris asked one eyebrow rose.

Pulling a face I turned to the sales lady and even she shook her head, “No sweetie, you don’t want that one,” She smiled slightly. Groaning and rolling my eyes I went and flopped down onto the seat next to Chris.

“Dress shopping sucks,” I moaned, and then faced Chris, “So why would Ryan get his butt handed to him for asking me?” then something clicked in my head, “Actually, why has no one asked me? I’m not that horrible, am I?” frowning to myself, I thought I was a pretty nice person – when I want to be and the only people I’ve really been mean to at school are the jerks who make stupid comments and stuff.

“It’s not you.”

Staring at him, I waited for him to elaborate but he didn’t, “Fine, be like that then CC.”

“You hate me now, huh?” he frowned and for once he actually looked like a vulnerable human being with real feelings.

“Why would you care?” I asked slowly, not wanting to upset him, he hasn’t actually been mean to me – much, apart from the first day in that dodge ball game but he wasn’t mean then either, just letting me win which sucked. I wanted to beat him good and proper, “But no, I don’t hate you because you won’t tell me,” I smiled, shaking my head at his stupidity.

“You’re a fun person,” He shrugged, “And you crack me up,” He sighed after a moment’s pause, “If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell him I told you, okay?” he asked seriously. I nodded eagerly and he looked hesitant, “Fine, Saxon warned everyone off of you, he has threatened to beat up anyone who asks you to the dance,” he blurted out quickly and looked like he regretted it already.

I was frozen.

“He what?” I shrieked suddenly, I can’t believe that arrogant son of a gun! Who on earth does he think he is? Telling people they can’t ask me to the freaking dance! I’ve even been nice to him for the past week! I stopped all my payback and revenge pranks! Even though I only did that because of Travis and not out of the goodness of my own heart but not no more.

He is going to pay big time for this, especially since he has no damn good excuse.

Slowly, a plan started forming in my mind and I turned to face Chris who looked wary, “What’s that look for?” he asked quickly.

I smiled sweetly, “Make sure Saxon is at the dance,”

Frowning, he looked like he wanted to laugh but didn’t at the same time, “You’re not going to go all Carrie on his butt are you?”

Shaking my head, as my eyes scanned the rows of dresses, I found the perfect one and grinned, “Nope but I will make him suffer,” Pulling the dress out and holding it up, it was perfect, apparently all my other pranks haven’t gotten to him like I had hoped so maybe using my feminine side will.

“Hell no, that is a huge mistake Eva, especially if you are thinking of doing what I think you are,” Chris hissed, coming up beside me and snatching the dress out of my hands.

“Give it back Chris,” I growled in a low tone and with narrow eyes.

He shook his head, “Do you want him changing inside the damn gym and attacking everyone?” he hissed low enough so only my trained ears could hear while the sales lady had managed to edge away when we began arguing.

“Why would he?” I snapped as he groaned in pure frustration,

“I can’t tell you! It’s for him to say not me but I’m warning you Eva, you will regret doing this,” He whisper growled, “There will be humans there, you can’t risk exposure like this.”

Turning away from him, I blinked my unshed tears away, “I just wanted one night to feel special, to feel like I am a girl and not a boy - was that too much to ask for? I know I’m not girly material but still, it would have been nice and apparently I can’t even get a date because of that gorilla,” I whispered softly, afraid he would actually hear me but wanting him to at the same time.

Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes for a minute, I opened them up, “Whatever, I’m not going now,” I muttered as I pushed past him and practically jogged out of there until I was outside before sprinting to the car and jumping in, empty handed after two hours of shopping around.

Then the tear works started.

I’m not much of a crier, I don’t really have much to cry over but for some reason this made me cry, one night was all I secretly wanted, I just didn’t want to tell anyone the reason for it but now Chris knew and I wished I hadn’t said anything, the sad look he gave me as I pushed past made me cry even harder.

Running in through the front doors, I slammed into a hard shape, jumping back as I kept my head down and went to step past because I didn’t want anyone seeing me like this, a hand reached out and grabbed my arm but it was unfamiliar.

Jerking my head up to face a worried look on my dad’s face as his eyes took my tears in before they hardened over in a way I recognised, I burst into more tears and instantly he pulled me in close to his chest, wrapping his arms around me and making me feel safe from the cruelty of the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
16.3K 1K 35
Matt just wanted to be left alone. He hated everyone and everything and his life consisted of the same routine every single day. He liked it that way...
Elsa By Tiger-Lily

Teen Fiction

4.6K 104 21
"I'm a monster," he said looking away, pulling away from me like he always did. "You're a beautiful monster," I said with a smile. Normal parents w...
242 24 24
Everly Peters is an ordinary girl, or so she thinks. After the death of her father she learns that she is a werewolf, but the only one in her family...