Verena // Alec. Lightwood [1]

By sebs_loves

VERENA // to fear, to respect Soulmates were something Alec Lightwood didn't trust or necessarily believe In... More

Cast and Prologue
Not the Artist
Seeing Strangers
Clubs Are Dangerous
Possesion of Dot
Magic Church
Bonding Time
Chasing Dot
Taken by Force
Vamps of Brooklyn
Knight In Shining Armour
Dreaming
Magnus Bane
Portal of Safety
Attack on Warlocks
Who We Love Most
Knowing Freelings
Maybe We're Soulmates
Knock you on your Ass
Men Love Her
Pain-filled Screams
Meeting the Family
Secret Plans
Finding the Cup
Be The Distraction
Death of a Friend
Lost in Memory Lane
Bad Day for Take-Out
Forsaken Attack
Keeping Faith
Coming Home
Meliorn's Interrogation?
Stealing Steles
Sedation Couldn't Keep Her At Bay
Raspy Morning Voice
Order of Arrest
Take The Pain Away
So Close
He ain't Michael
Home again
Preperations
A Mole
Till Death Do We Part
Always Trust Your Hunch
People Change
Hello Magnus
Book of the White
I Hate Her
The End / Sequel
OTHER BOOK

Grave Digging

22.4K 511 40
By sebs_loves

-GRAVE DIGGING-

●♧♧●

Walking into the graveyard, the realism of the situation finally sank in more than it did.

Verena was gone...missing and could be in danger.

A mundane was kidnapped under our watch.

And don't forget the Clave rules we'd break.

Or the Accords.

I sighed and shook my head, catching up with Iz, Jace and the annoying redhead.

"Whose grave is it?" I wanted to get Verena and leave. Go back to the Institute.

"Mary Milligan, born January tenth, eighteen o'two. Died January tenth, eighteen-seventy-eight." Izzy told us, smirking with the confidence she always had. She was driven by missions. Not the clave, but the adrenaline the missions could give.

"Alright, Alec, let's go." Jace announced, waving his hand in my direction.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asked, confused. I rolled my eyes and looked away from her. I couldn't stand the girl.

"Cache of weapons."

"Stashed here with Mrs. Milligan." Jace smirked, adding on from Izzy.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Clary asked, and I sent a look to Jace. This girl could ruin the mission with her questions.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognize demons. Or at least they used to." Izzy explained. And I sighed inside.

"They forgot about the thread because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." I told her, adding onto Izzy's explanation.

She wasn't a Shadowhunter, so why did Clary care where we stored weapons?

All she wanted was to get her Mom back, no matter who got hurt.

"Are you saying we did too good a job? You just can't let up, can you?" Izzy spat, but in a joking way. I rolled my eyes, though, and skimmed the view of the perimeter.

"You know what? Alec, why don't you go check out by the angel?" I scoffed at Jace's orders and walked off to the angel, looking for Mary Milligan.

This is all my fault. I should've urged for Verena to check the perimeter with me.

She wouldn't have been taken then.

"Jace...over here." I beckoned my parabatai, wanting a word with the Wayland.

"Yeah, coming." He replied before turning to Clary and speaking to her. I just realised Izzy had left. Oops. "Yeah?" Jace asked once he walked to me.

"We're crossing a line into vamp territory." I stated to him, and he shrugged.

"That's the point. Come on, Alec, cheer up. It's going to be fun." He patted my shoulder and I rolled my eyes.

Why did he trust Clary so much? She is Valentine's daughter. She disregards her sister and doesn't give a damn about us, not really.

"Damn it, Jace, just... think this through. You don't even like this guy. This isn't about the mundane, or Rena, this is about Clary. What, are you so desperate to get laid that you'll risk killing us? And risk losing the only pure Nephilim in existence?"

"Wow, um, there's so much in that that was wrong, I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear it." Jace said, blinking and trying to walk away.

Grabbing him, I stopped my parabatai from leaving. I was almost seething with anger.

"That's the problem. You're not listening. Not to this or anything else I've said tonight. You don't even know this girl. Why do you trust her?" I asked him, desperate for the answer.

"Is this about her being Valentine's daughter? Haven't we been through this? What bout Rea? You trust her." He then sighed and glanced at Clary. "Alec, look at me. You can trust her, or not. I don't care. That's not my business. But if you don't trust me–"

"Jace! Alec! I think I found it! Mary Milligan!" We quickly walked up to Clary, just in time to watch her swipe dirt off the headstone. Revealing the name and date of birth and death of Mary Milligan. "Beloved servant? Who wants that on a headstone?"

"Someone who is in service to a cause greater than themselves." I sighed moving to stand by the large grave instead of near Clary.

"At least she is now Abracadabra."

"Wait, you people actually say that?" Clary asked after the grave/tomb opened.

"No, Clary, we don't." Jace deadpanned. He traced a rune on the grave with his stele, making the lid of the grave open.

I worked with him to open the grave. Once it was open, I scanned the contents, not seeing the weapon I needed. A bow.

"Wow. Where's Mrs. Milligan?" The redhead asked, picking a seraph blade up. It did light up, but it was dangerous for her.

"Don't touch that." I spat, glaring at the redhead. "You don't know how to use it."

"What, like at the Pandemonium where I killed that demon?" I frowned at her, remembering the event of the day clearly.

"You didn't kill–"

"Alec. I'm gonna show her the right way to use it. Do you see what you need in here?" Jace cut me off and I shook my head.

"No. There's no bow here. I need one. I have to rune some arrows. That's back at the Institute. I gotta go."

"Well, how are you gonna to get back into the institute?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"Go in the back. Won't bother me if I'm alone."

"Okay, good. Go. I can finish up here." He said and I went to leave,but hesitated. Is it worth apologising for having a go at him?

"Hey... I understand what we need to do. And I trust you, parabatai, but don't even doubt me. No matter what I said." I told him and he sent me a faint smile.

"It's already forgotten." We did a handshake, which was our apology. "See you at dawn."

"At dawn."

●♤♤●

I sat on the floor of the room I was in, but I was in a dark corner. Simon looked like he was gonna shit himself whilst Raphael and the other chick were slightly glaring at him.

"I hate throwing things. I don't... I literally hate throwing things. Even at my own Bar Mitzvah, I wouldn't throw spitballs at a gray table. I mean... I would never throw things, honest to God! Oh, God. You guys can't say God, right?" My friend stammered and stuttered and I raised a brow. Is he an idiot?

"For God's sake what are you trying to say?" Raphael asked, rolling his eyes at my boy Simon.

"didn't... I didn't mean to throw that thing."

"Like you didn't mean to throw our friendship away." I scoffed under my breath, only the vamps in the room hearing. I saw Raphael crack a smile in the corner of my eye, and I saw the woman, Camille, look at me.

"Of course you did, darling. That's what makes you so amusing." She said with a smile on her face as she stared at Simon. It was slightly unnerving.

"I don't find any of this amusing." Raphael glared at Camille. I wasn't in Camille's good books, to think of it.

I flung the bitch across the room. Magically, might I add.

"Me neither. I can't say how sorry I am. I can pay to have the whole thing–" Camille snapped her fingers and Simon was frozen in place, not moving or breathing.

"Thank you. The living are so exhausting."

"You're dead. And you're more tiring than the living." I spat, glaring at Raphael.

"Hmm, then what else am I?" He had a warning glint in his eyes but I disregarded that. I stood and sauntered over to him, shoving him. "You're a little bitch boy doing another bitch's work!" I shoved him again, my anger flaring. "You're a dead guy that kidnaps people!" I shoved him once more before I felt my skin tearing again, and I saw the fear on his face.

I smiled at it. He was afraid of me.

As he should be.

"Un-freeze my best friend!" I demanded Camille, who just smirked.

"No." She sped over to me, pining me again the wall. I thrashed around, screaming as her teeth sunk into me once more.

Before I could do anything, something was stabbed into my stomach.

Gasping, I put my hand on whatever it was.

A dagger.

The dagger Simon threw at Raphael. I looked up, meeting my eyes with his. My golden eyes flickered, going from my normal Hazel like colour to the gold and back.

I couldn't move.

My blood was getting sucked dry.

I was stabbed.

Once I felt myself drop, I managed to calm enough to get my wings to where they should be, inside my back.

But the pain was unreal.

My throat burned, my stomach throbbed.

This had to be the end.

Blinking the tears away I lifted myself slightly on my right arm, the left holding the dagger in place.

I gasped and sucked in a breath.

I didn't want to die like this.

"You're a bitch." I spat at Camille, coughing up blood. I stared at it. It staring back. Taunting me. Telling me I was a dead man.

Hello!
Just wondering, how are you guys liking it so far?
How do you like Verena?
How do you like Rena's and Alec's relationship so far?

Please let me know 😌 🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.6K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...
74.5K 1.9K 50
๐˜ˆ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฏ...
22.8K 375 8
Sapphire was a 4 year old warlock physically but she was really over 350 years old and she was under the care of the high warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus...