FOREVER WITH HIM

By TeyanaMoon

The sequel to Alexander. Rosalie and Alexander's story continues, follow their lives as new parents and a gre... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
Important Author's Note
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

CHAPTER SEVEN

5.9K 246 55
By TeyanaMoon

ALEXANDER POV:

I never like being away from my wife. The entire flight to Japan I have been on edge, the separation anxiety is driving me crazy. The only time I felt myself calm down was when we finally landed after nineteen hours of being in the air.

Without wasting any time, I got to checking off things on my to-do list. I showered and changed on the jet so that the moment we land, I get into business mode. On my way to the site I send a text to Rose to let her know that I have arrived safely.

Me: My love I have arrived and all in one piece. I hope you are doing great and that the babies aren't giving you too much trouble. I will call you later. I miss you and love you to the moon and back.

Immediately after I click send on the text, I place my phone and log on to the MacBook on my lap so that I can go through the mountain of emails that flood my inbox. On the flight over I went through about a third of them. Dealing with hospital invoices for the workers, I don't want any of them having to go through the stress of hospital bills. This was is afterall an on-duty injury, so it is entirely my responsibility to pay up everything.

I arrive at the site and meet with my head of operations on this side of the world. "Mr. Cain, thank God you're finally here." he looks a bit flustered as he speaks.

"Kaito, relax." I say with a smile, he visibly calms down after a moment. Kaito Yamashita is the best at what he does. He might always be a little nervous but when it comes to his job he really gets everything done on time and in the manner that it is meant to be.

As we go through the site I can feel how frustrated he is about the current situation. "The scaffolding just collapsed. It was a shock to see people fall from so high up."

The five workers fell from the tenth floor of the building. It is a miracle that none of them had any major injuries or even lost their lives. I look up at the position they were on my mind tries to conjure a picture of what exactly happened.

Kaito and I move on as he shows me the rest of the place and the progress of the building. The project seems to be going well, I am deeply impressed with the quick pace of the contractors.

"I hope that everything is pleasing to you." He says while we walk back to the front of the building and out of the construction site.

I nod, "Despite the real reason why I am here, I am happy with the progress Kaito. Keep up the good work."

He smiles, "Always Mr. Cain."

I open the car door before the driver gets to it, he nods and moves to get into the driver's side. "Kaito, thank you for keeping the ship afloat. I appreciate the great work that you do."

"It's my honor Mr. Cain."

He nods right before I get inside the car after him. "Where to sir?" Ren the driver asks.

"To the University of Tokyo Hospital."

He pulls out of the parking spot and within minutes the car weaves its way through the busy streets.

I love being here. This is one of my favorite countries to visit, I am just a little sad that I am not experiencing it with my wife and that I am here due to such painful circumstances. On the drive to the hospital, I check more emails in my inbox and then read the damage report that was handed to me by Kaito. Thankfully the papers aren't too much of a read and by the time we stop at the hospital I am almost finished with a third of the material.

Stepping out of the car with Kaito at my heels we make our way to the reception and within minutes we visit all five employees. The two major injuries that we have encountered are a broken leg and a fractured arm.

I must admit that I felt a bit afraid about seeing the extent of the injuries and also receiving the reactions of each person's family. However, everyone has been very civil and I talked to each employee, letting them know that all their hospital bills have been paid for.

Kaito and I leave the hospital after settling the rest of the paperwork. Ren drops him off back at the site and then drives me to the hotel that Archie booked for me. My luggage had already been delivered while I was with Kaito.

I take a shower and feel the hot water relaxing the knots in my body. I would kill to have Rose's hands on my right now. She gives the best massages. The thought of her brings a smile to my face.

Once I step out of the shower, I grab a towel and wrap it around my waist while I dry the rest of my body with another one. I then slip on a pair of sweats and just stay shirtless while I wait for the dinner I ordered.

I wait while going through my work documents and my phone screen illuminates with a text from my wife. I don't even take a moment to read it and immediately facetime call her.

The call only rings for about three seconds before her beautiful face pops up on the screen. My breath hitches at the back of my throat.

I really have the most gorgeous wife.

"Hey you." she says with a smile. That smile makes me weak at the knees.

"My love."

Her smile widens. "Lex, stop staring." she says admonishingly.

I chuckle, "I can't stop. You're so beautiful baby." she really is. Everything about her is beautiful.

She playfully pouts. I want to kiss those pouty lips.

"Thank you. Even though I'm not even feeling pretty today."

She really needs to see herself through my eyes. "You're always pretty to me."

"Ugh stop with the flattery." she smiles, "How is everything?"

The doorbell rings. I get up and answer while I open the door revealing the concierge with the food, "It's been good. Kaito brought me up to speed with what exactly happened."

I watch while he sets the table and places the dinner on top of it before he leaves. The smell is heavenly. "Well that's great. I'm glad you're not as stressed about it like you were before." Rose says.

"I'm glad too honey."

"Did you eat?" she asks. The question tugs at my heart and widens my smile. She really is such a caring person.

I switch the camera and show her the set up on the table, "I'm about to. Dinner just arrived." Switching the camera back to my face I ask the same question, to which she rolls her eyes.

"I have two people inside of me, of course I've eaten. I'm always eating."

Japan is seven hours ahead, so it may be the early hours of the evening for me, Rose is enjoying the mid-afternoon daylight.

As I eat I break down what happened when I got here. She listens attentively to every word. Her journalistic side, pops up every now and then to ask questions. By the time I get through all the details, I am almost done with my dinner.

"As long as everyone is okay, that's all that matters. You're a great boss by the way."

"Really?" I ask with a raised brow.

She giggles, "Yes. You're a great boss, husband, brother, friend, uncle and very soon a great father to these two beautiful kids of ours."

Heat makes its way up the back of my neck, all the way to my cheeks. When she says things like this, it makes me flushed. I've been praised before by friends and colleagues but being praised by my wife is different. It tugs at my heartstrings.

"Thank you baby." I steer us into a different subject, "What are you wearing?" I ask.

The smile on her face makes my heart skip a beat. "Well obviously you can see I have one of your shirts on." she replies in a 'duh' tone.

"You know what I mean. What is under the shirt?"

I just wish I was back home so that I can kiss and caress her body to my heart's content.

I watch as she moves the phone until all I see are her bare thighs. Her hand hikes up the hem of the shirt revealing a pair of lace panties. My tongue darts out to moisten my bottom lip. Reaching for my glass of water, I take a big sip and gulp it down to quench the sudden thirst.

Her face pops up again with her sweet smile. "Are you happy now?"

"Not entirely, I wish you were here."

"I know sweetie but when you get back, we'll make up for all the days that you were gone."

My lips curl into a grin. "I look forward to that."

Her smile disappears as she releases a heavy sigh, "I don't want to end this call but I gotta get ready."

"For what?"

"Archie is coming over. You gave me a mission before you left... remember?"

Oh yeah...that. "I hope the talk goes well my love. Let me leave you to it."

"I love you Alexander Cain and don't you ever forget that."

I will never forget it. I have it engraved in my heart, which she owns.

Smiling at her, I relay the same sentiment. "I love you more Mrs. Cain. I love you with every single fibre of my being."

The sweet sound of her giggles fills the space in my quiet hotel suite. "I gotta go. Sleep tight and dream of me."

I blow a kiss over the screen, "I always dream of you. Good luck with Archie."

We stare at each other for a few seconds before she taps on the end call button. I stare at the screen and smile to myself.

I am really blessed with the best wife. I always wished to have a good marriage like Tommy and Isadora. The man adores my sister and a part of me prayed to have at least a sliver of what they have as a couple. Thankfully Rose came into my life and showed me that I really could have it all and that I don't need much when I have her.

After clearing my used dishes, I get into bed with my laptop and work folders then spend the early hours of the evening absorbed by the work.

***

ROSALIE POV:

I miss my husband. I need him back.

That phone call made my heart cry out for him. He needs to wrap it up quickly and come home to me.

I have heard stories of how the 'honeymoon' phase ends when you have been married for a long time. Lex and I have been together for almost two years and our one year wedding anniversary is in a few months. All the horror stories of how you get annoyed by your spouse and just get tired of being with them and around them, they don't scare me.

From what I have seen from my relationship with Lex, is that all relationships require a lot of work from both parties. I find it hard to understand how people can break up because they got tired of each other. As long as both my husband and I put in the work that is required for our marriage to succeed then I don't see the so-called 'honeymoon phase' coming to an end.

Love is a lot of work. Love requires you to put your all, straight from the core of your innermost being. When you really love someone, you don't easily give up on them. You don't easily give up on all the memories, tears that you both shed and all the warmth plus the comfort that you both brought to each other.

Just as I finish getting ready for Archie's arrival, my phone pings with a text from him stating that he is five minutes away. I slip on some sandals and make my way downstairs. When I get to the kitchen I see Nadia perched on one of the barstools reading what looks to be a romance novel.

I catch a glimpse of the cover and see that it is a very steamy book. "I need to read that when you're done." I say with a sly smile.

She blushes and giggles, "I don't think you need this book. This is for us who lack romance in their lives."

I laugh, I like how I can easily talk to her. She had a hard time at first but she eventually got used to it.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean that I don't want to feel the heat of a fictional romance every now and again."

She flips over to the next page before focusing her eyes back on me, "Your husband is the most romantic man I have encountered in my life. You don't need this book because you're literally living the entire book."

"Hmm." I nod, "I never saw it like that. Thanks I guess."

"On behalf of all us single women, you're welcome."

The doorbell rings and I tell Nadia to relax, "I'll get it."

I walk towards the front door and open it. Archie stands there with a gift bag in his hands. "Hey Archie come on in." he smiles as he steps over the threshold.

"This is for you." he says handing the bag over to me after I close the door.

I take it from his hands, "Aww, you didn't have to bring me anything. Thank you though."

He shrugs it off, "It's okay."

I lead him to the lounge and he spots Nadia who is still at the counter, engrossed in her book. "Oh hello." Archie says surprisingly.

"Archie this is Nadia,--Nadia, this is Lex's assistant Archie."

Nadia hops off the chair and walks over to where we stand next to the couches, "Hello." She holds her hand out for Archie to shake. They shake hands and then offer Achie something to drink.

"It's okay, I'll handle it. You can continue taking your break." I say to her, She shoots us a small smile and goes back to her book. It must be a really good novel if she really can't get enough of it.

"I'll get you some snacks quickly, make yourself at home."

He nods and takes a seat while I walk to the kitchen. "So how've you been Archie? How is everything?"

He takes a breath and spekas, "Well...I've been okay. Work has been busier than usual especially with this whole problem in Japan."

"Lex filled me in on the specifics of that and how everyone is."

"Yeah, I got a long email from him too. He is better at handling a crisis than I am. If I was him, I would have cried just from the weight of the stress."

I laugh at that.

I grab some fruit and make a charcuterie board. I place some sliced mango slices, dragonfruit. Mixed berries, then some cheese and crackers. I slice some ham and salami then place a mixture of grapes.

Before heading over to the couch to join Archie, I give Nadia her own miniature board. When I tap her on the shoulder and push the plate towards her, she looks up at me with shock all over her face. "You didn't have to."

A smile makes its way to my lips, "It's okay sweetie." Her grateful smile mirrors mine as she pops a grape into her mouth.

"I've got some champagne, sparkling apple cider and a whole other variety of drinks. Which would you prefer?"

Instead of Archie simply responding, he stands and makes his way next to me. I look up at him with a raised brow as he takes the board and places it on the coffee table.

"Don't look at me like that. I will not lose my job because I let you move around in the state that you're in."

A small smile makes its way to my lips, "I may be heavily pregnant, but I am not an invalid."

Both Archie and Nadia chuckle.

"You go sit down, I'll pour us some apple cider." He says as she shooing me out of my kitchen.

I plop down on the couch, a sigh of relief escapes my lips. I cannot be on my feet for longer than five minutes. The swelling is just the pits. I need Lex to be back already, I miss his massages. Sure I could go to spa but...if I'm being completely honest, it's really not the same. I choose my husband's hands over any masseuse.

"Lex won't fire you because of this. I highly doubt that he can even function without you by his side. You're the best assistant he has ever had, his words not mine."

Archie's eyes widen a bit while a bit of blush dusts his cheeks, "Really? He said that."

"Yup."

Once he sits down on the couch next to me we talk about trivial things. I am buying time, I must sugarcoat him before I get to the crux of why he is actually here.

"So...", I deeply inhale before I continue to speak, "I hear that you don't want to go on vacation."

His gaze sharply turns to me and away from the strawberry he was picking from the board. "I knew you had an ulterior motive. What happened to us catching up?"

A nervous smile pulls on the corners of my lips, "This is us catching up, but sweetie Lex thinks that you need a break.", I take a sip of my cider, "Heck he is sure that you deserve this vacation."

"I know."

"Then why don't you want to go? What's holding you from taking a month off work?"

Archie is one of the most hardworking people I have ever met. For the amount of time that him and I have been acquainted, I have seen how much effort he puts in. The man goes the extra mile for Lex and the company.

So for someone who does as much work as he does, if I were in his shoes, I would jump at the chance of a break.

He nibbles on his bottom lip for a second. I take the moment to admire his form. Archie has an athletic body, he is not jacked but you can tell that he hits the gym every now and then. Most of the time I see him, he is always in formal wear but today, I can see more of his fashion sense.

The black jeans and plain white shirt he has on make him look an ordinary, good looking guy. I like that he has on a pair of scuffed up hightop converse, it gives him a bit more character.

"Rose, I want to go on vacation, but--what the hell am I supposed to at a gorgeous beach by myself."

Ohhh...

"I mean if only I had somebody to spend all that time with." As he speaks, I catch how his shift to look over my shoulder, which is where Nadia is still engrossed in her book while she absentmindedly pops a grape in her mouth.

Oh..oh..oh.... Wait a minute, isn't he gay? Did I jump conclusions too quickly? I thought he was gay because he always blushes when Lex or Caesar speak to him.

Could Archie be bi? And if so does he like Nadia whom he met only forty minutes ago.

His eyes follow her out of the room as she apparently takes a phonecall.

"You never know, you might find someone soon. You're a sexy guy."

He chukles, "Thank you and I'm holding my breath for anyone to pop up. Not everyone finds their soulmate like you and Xander."

"But that's my wish for everyone. I want all of us to be happy and in love."

You could be in love with yourself or with someone else but I just wish for all of us to be happy. We deserve it.

"Well that sucks for you because most of us have made peace with being lonely with our cats."

We share a laugh which gets abrubtly cut by Nadia's frantic breathing as she walks back from the foryer. Her cellphone is tightly clenched in her right hand.

I sense the panic coming off her in waves, "Nadia, what's wrong?"

She looks at me with glimering eyes, I can tell she is holding back tears, "Is it okay if I leave early?" she asks.

I nod, "Yeah sure, what's the matter?"

She moves towards the kitchen to grab her purse, "It's Liam. An incident happened at school and I need to be there."

My maternal instincts kick in and I get on my feet as quikly as I can n my current state. "We'll come with you."

She shakes her head, "No, it's o-"

"-No it's not okay. I can't let you drive in the state that you're in."

Her hands are shaking from the stress and nerves.

"Archie will drive...right?" I ask Archie who is also on his feet next to me.

He nods, "Yeah."

"Great now let me get my purse and we'll be on the road."

I quickly get my stuff and shuffle my sandal clad feet to the front door. We stuff ourselves in Archie's red Tesla Model S and head on to Liam's pre-school. On the drive over, Nadia frantically wipes her hands on her jeans and I catch glimpses of her nevously biting her bottom lip.

I wonder what happened to Liam and how serious the matter is.

We quickly arrive at the school, thanks to Archie's immaculate but fast driving. Nadia slips out of the backseat the moment the car parks and we try to catch up to her as she makes her way to the reception.

After a few minutes of standing behind her as she speaks to the lady behind the desk, we are directed to the school nurse's room. The door opens and little Liam sits cross legged on the bed with a popsicle in his hand.

"Mommy!" he calls out to his mother the instant he sees her. Nadia walks to him and engulfs him in a hug.

A lady in black jeans and a white shirt walks towards us. "Nadia, sorry to get you so worried."

"What happened?" Nadia asks as she wipes some of the access liquid running down her son's hand from the popsicle.

The lady then explains how Liam had a bite of one of his classmate's peanut butter sandwich. Apparently the boy is allergic to peanut butter and he somehow still doesn't understand his condition yet. The child is only four years old.

"He had an allergic reaction, thankfully we were able to get his epipen in time."

Thank God.

"He'll have to take a day off tomorrow though, the little guy has been through a rough day." she says as she hands Nadia a pink note.

We walk back to the car with Liam in his mother's arms and Archie holding the boy's backpack in his hand. My eyes meet Liam's as he looks at me over Nadia's shoulder, "What's your name?" he boldly asks me.

I giggle "My name is Rose." I say simply answering his question. "And this is Archie." I gesture to the man next to me.

"My name is Liam," he says proudly. He then goes back to laying his head on his mom's shoulder.

This is too cute.

We drove back to my house where we all had an early dinner. Liam got very interested in getting to know Archie. I think it may be because he barely has a male figure in his life. Nadia once told me that Liam's father is very absent in the child's life, he practically does not exist in his life.

I can't imagine how hard that must have been for her. To go through such a life changing experience such as pregnancy alone, with no support system. This makes me realize how lucky I am to have Lex in my life. Men who run away from their responsibilities make me sick. They are a huge problem in this world and are partly why the world is filled with so many people who were raised by single mothers.

After dinner, Archie offers to drive Nadia and Liam back home. She is very hesitant at first but agrees moments later.

"You can have tomorrow off, you need it." I say to her as I pull away from hugging her. I like Nadia, I think of her as a friend more than she is my employee.

She gives me a small smile, "Thank you. Have a goodnight."

"Goodnight Y'all." I say to her as she follows after Archie who carries a sleeping Liam in his arms.

I watch them drive off and walk inside the moment the gates close.

"Now, let's see if we can't watch a movie while drowning ourselves in ice cream." I murmur to myself while rubbing my belly. I feel a light kick which makes me giggle, these babies love food more than I do. I smile to myself as I walk into the kitchen.

A/N

I think this is the longest I have ever gone without an update. Life has just been throwing curveballs and I am not good at dodging. I unfortunately have the athletic skills of a dying hamster.

Anyway. I hope you are doing well and enjoy this update.

I promise to be back soon with another one.

Lots of love : Thuli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 71.5K 37
THE IS THE ORIGINAL STORY OF THE MATERNALISTIC MAID Folashadé knew there would be consequences when it came to having a one night stand with The Cro...
68.2K 2.2K 20
SEQUEL to My Baby Daddy [Short Story] Jhanay & Alex & All Their Drama Are Back.
71.5K 2.1K 27
First off, pretty aggrivated with Wattpad! Read Introduction for the summary, I had it down, but it deleted! also, as you read, please make sure that...
4.3M 97K 27
Rosalie used to be happy, well that was before she was forced to marry a heartless, cheating, liar, son of a-you get my point-billionaire. Now after...