Moira (Genshin Impact Various...

By Foxfire-chan

(Y/n) is a traveller who's encountered every region of Teyvat and almost all they have to offer. A woman poss... More

Author's Note (Before You Read)
Inspiration and Special Thanks
Reader Insert Vocabulary
Love Interests
『 Chapter ☆ 1: A Fateful Encounter 』
『 Chapter ☆ 2: And So Two Becomes Three 』
『 Chapter ☆ 3: The Journey Begins 』
Important Author's Note!
『 Chapter ☆ 5: Rendezvous With The Knights 』
『 Chapter ☆ 6: The Temple of The Wolf 』
Authors Note (1k special explanation)
『 Chapter ☆ 7: Temples And Toasts 』
『 Chapter ☆ 8: Morning With The Ladies 』
『 Chapter ☆ 9: Afternoon And Evening With The Men 』
『 Chapter ☆ 10: Humble Beginnings Of A Hero 』
『 Chapter ☆ 11: A Mischievous Bard And The Holy Lyre 』
『 Chapter ☆ 12: A Letter From Snezhnaya 』
『 Chapter ☆ 13: Into The Lion's Den 』
Author's Note - Cover Change + Recent Update Delays
『 Chapter ☆ 14: Eulogy Of A Dragon's Sorrow 』

『 Chapter ☆ 4: Shopping In Mondstadt 』

3.4K 135 230
By Foxfire-chan

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

  ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top! Recommend that you put the song on loop if possible if not, you're just gonna have to scroll back up when the song stops playing**

(I was thinking of doing one image at a time so the next chapter will probably have Kaeya as the chosen one. It may be Jean or Lisa though, not sure yet. Diluc will probably have to get his in the chapter where we meet him canonically.)

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

   Moving from my spot in the centre of the square, I walk at a leisurely pace.
   "Now, it's time to go shopping!" I say to no one in particular as I manifest my black cloak. I then proceed to pull it over my shoulders and the hood over my head while I review my mental to do list. I need to visit the alchemy research stand within the city to get a potion from Sucrose, purchase a few food items you can't find outside of a supermarket, pick up a sword I commissioned Wagner to forge a week ago and go shopping for new clothes. The need for new attire is because my previous Mondstadt clothing suffered an accidental run in with a pyro abyss mage, who signed the edges of the sleeves and skirt. If I have time, I may even stop by Angel's share to get myself some Wolfhook Juice. While I'm not against drinking alcoholic beverages, I prefer to not partake in more than a glass which allows me to stay aware of my surroundings. Though, it's already evening so I may go for a glass of dandelion wine instead.

   Weaving through the people on the streets, I finally reach Albedo and his assistant Sucrose's alchemy lab inside the city. Albedo's understudy Timaeus is organizing some shelves filled with ingredients in the back. Clearing my throat to let him know I'm here, the male turns around.
   "Hello! How can I help you?" The brunette asks me, putting down a bottle of crystalfly cores as his eyes scan my appearance. He seems to recognize me as the man nods in understanding. "Ah, yes. You're the young woman that comes by for those advanced healing potions from Sucrose. (Y/n) I think?" He says. "She said she finished them yesterday but unfortunately she isn't here. Currently the two of them are at Dragonspine Mountain and she took the bottles with her." The male informs me.

   Just my luck, but it isn't anything new. It's not that my luck is bad, — unlike a certain infamous adventurer I often hear about from the people in the Mondstadt branch when I go to search for new commissions — the green haired girl is simply a very busy person, always engrossed in her research. It's really an admirable quality however, the fact that she moves camps a lot makes it hard to track her down to pick up the item. I'll simply have to come back later.
   "Thanks for telling me this Timaeus, please let Sucrose know that I'll be in Mond for a while. I'll come back to check if she's here tomorrow." I inform the alchemist in training as I begin to leave.

   Before I make it to the city's general goods store, I'm stopped by the sound of the soft tenor voice of a man. I can conclude that  it's definitely not Timaeus.
   "Wait a moment, (Y/n)." He asks me. Despite the crowded streets, for a moment, it's as if the male is the only one in the town square. Not waiting a moment more to learn who the owner of the voice is, I turn around to face him. In front of me stands the Chief Alchemist himself. Albedo Kreideprinz. While I've never met him before despite my frequent visits to purchase potions or participate in basic alchemy, Sucrose described his appearance when I asked once. 

   He's slightly shorter than I am with teal eyes and ash blond hair that reaches his shoulders. A few of his strands are pulled into a braid around the side of his head ending in a small ponytail, the rest of it is left down. The man is clad in black, white gold and blue. His vision, geo is attached to his collar shining beautifully for all to see as his coat billows in the wind. The most curious part about Albedo isn't his clothing or his beautiful appearance, but the yellow diamond that rests at his collar bone. It doesn't appear to be a simple tattoo. His eyes also have three very unnatural circular markings in his teal irises. Perhaps I should check his fortune sometime.

   Breaking out of my thoughts, I reply to the male.
   "Yes? That's me. How do you know my name?" I ask curiously. The teal eyed man replies fairly quickly.
   "Sucrose talks about you a lot. When she's not talking about alchemy, you're often the subject of the conversation." He informs me.
   "I'm glad to know she considers me a friend." I say with a smile. He simply gives a firm nod in response. From what I can guess, the green haired female probably doesn't have a lot of friends. This is most likely due to her shy nature and the fact that she's almost always working. It's nice to know that she can find comfort in someone as nomadic as me. "So, what did you call me for?" I ask as the two of us walk back towards Timaeus.
   "Your health potions. I was on my way to Mondstadt to pick up some supplies and left Sucrose to continue researching. She asked me to give them to you." The man explains as he pulls out a few bottles of opalescent liquid, before placing them in my hands. In return, I hand him the appropriate mora.

   As much as I would like to stay a bit longer and get to know Albedo, I've heard enough to know that he's most likely not interested in chatting. Plus, I still have more items I need to pick up. The quicker I finish, the faster that I can join Paimon and Aether. However to my surprise, the ash blond isn't as eager for our conversation to end as I thought he would be.
   "I've heard you dabble in alchemy in your spare time." He comments. Ah, so that's why he's interested. It wasn't unexpected, the man is known for his sole fixation on the subject, so it isn't surprising that he's interested in conversing with those that share that passion, even just a little bit.
   "Yes I do. As an adventurer and someone who enjoys learning, I thought it would be a good skill to pick up though, I still have a lot to learn." I explain.
   "The fact that you have time while traveling to learn extra skills is impressive." He compliments me. "If you wish, you could improve by becoming my understudy. Sucrose already knows you and she speaks very highly of your willingness to learn." Albedo offers matter of factly.

   Despite his offer being something most people wouldn't ever experience from the teal eyed male, I have no choice but to decline.
   "I'm sorry Albedo, as much as I'd love to take you up on the offer, the nomadic life is where I belong." I explain. The male's expression in response to my answer is hard to decipher. I'd almost think the man was annoyed, maybe disappointed? The look is quickly wiped from his face before he replies.
   "That's a shame. Your progress in alchemy would come along so much quicker." He muses as he pockets the mora.
   "That may be true, but whenever I'm in Mond I can stop by to learn more." I tell the ash blond. He looks a bit more satisfied with this answer.

   "There are some things I would like to discuss if you have the time." The alchemist informs me.
   "What sort of things? I apologize because I'm a bit too busy at the moment. I have some items I need to acquire before reconvening with my travelling companions." I reply.
   "Ah, I see." The male muses to himself. "I was curious to ask about fate reading." Albedo says as he observes my face with curiosity, teal eyes of shallow waters meeting pools of (e/c).
   "But that has nothing to do with alchemy." I say, confusion in my voice.
   "That may be true, but I'm someone who wishes to know the truth about everything this world has to offer." He tells me. "Very well, as a solution to this problem, I'll simply have to join you on your shopping trip." The man seems satisfied with his conclusion, as he waits for confirmation that his presence is welcome.

   "Of course you can join. But what about your research? Isn't Sucrose expecting you to return?" I ask the male, concern lacing my tone.
   "This also counts as research to me. If you're worried about my busy schedule, I'll simply have to get back to experimenting afterwards." The male reassures me. "Besides, Sucrose is more than capable as an assistant and I trust that the work she completes will meet my expectations." He finishes.
   "Very well then. If you put it that way then I see nothing to worry about." I reply. "So...what about fate reading are you curious about?" I ask as the two of us leave for the general goods store next door.

   Blanche, the brown haired woman who owns the place is as friendly as ever.
   "Hello (Y/n)! Back again for ingredients I see." She says. Looking to my right, the female does a double take when she notices who's with me. "Wow, Albedo. Isn't this a pleasant surprise! Not sending Timaeus or Sucrose this time?" She asks curiously.
   "No. I'm not here for the lab's food supply. I'm simply accompanying her." The teal eyed male replies as he gestures towards me. Sucrose really didn't exaggerate when she said how dedicated the chief alchemist of the Knights of Favonius is.

   Blanche narrows her eyes as she appears deep in thought before a wide grin forms on her face.
   "Ah...the powers of love are even enough to change the ways of the stoic alchemical genius." She says as she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively at Albedo.
   "I apologize but you're mistaken." The male replies.
   "We're not in a relationship Blanche." I answer quickly afterwards. Both of us try to assure her that her assumption is not the case but she simply smirks, telling us that it'll happen soon enough. Personally, I doubt her statement. However, I have yet to examine Albedo's fate. After that, the transaction goes smoothly as I give her the mora in exchange for the goods. Once the currency is in her hands, my purchase disappears in a flash of golden light, just like the rest of my items.

   "Where to next?" Albedo asks as the two of us move out of the way of the next customer.
   "Wagner's blacksmith shop." I reply as we head in that direction, pushing our way through the crowd.
   "About your question earlier, I'd like to know how fate reading works. So far, I haven't met anyone who practices such a skill." The man tells me.
   "Hmm...diviners, seers, fortune tellers. Those are a few of the names people who can read the fate are called." I begin. "For me, I usually read people's destiny through physical contact but I can also do it by using my (f/e) vision." I explain to the ash blond who nods in reply.
   "So then people without a vision can become diviner's too?" He asks.
   "From what I understand, they read fate in a similar way to those with powers. However, their abilities are very limited." I answer. "Most don't stay too close together thus I haven't met many diviners. However, come time for a celebration somewhere in Teyvat, they will gather together." I add.

   The sound of metal on metal gets closer as the scent of forged iron permeates the air. Behind the counter stands Wagner, the well built dark haired blacksmith with a moustache and a beard. His personality is as prickly as a wolfhook berry but his skill more than makes up for it. Before we can get too close, a loud screech is let loose as a white owl with blue wing tips and golden eyes comes soaring towards me. Sticking my arm out, the feathered creature lands on my shoulder as Albedo and a few citizens nearby look on with intrigue.
   "Nothing to worry about, just my pet owl. I apologize for the racket she made." I say. Thankfully, most people resume going about their own business.

   "This is Xue, one of my companions." I explain, turning to the alchemist.
   "I am guessing she isn't one of the friends you mentioned earlier." Albedo concludes as I give him a nod in response.
   "It's nice to have you back Xue." I say as I pet the top of her head. In response she gently nibbles my finger before raising her left leg. Attached to it is a letter neatly rolled up and tied with a red string. Untying the string and taking the letter in my hands, I can feel the thickness of high quality paper. When I unroll it, I'm met with the familiar Liyuen script. The penmanship is masterful and immediately, I can tell who it's from.

—— ~ ~ ——

   I hope this letter finds you in good health. I recently decided to get a new job, one which I think would surprise you, as I don't seem the type. It's been a while since we last saw each other and the streets of Liyue Harbour miss you (Y/n). I do hope you come to visit soon.

PS. I sent you a yellow lotus as I know how you adore them.  

—— ~ ~ ——

   True to his word, the flower is also there as I pick it up gently, before twirling its stem between my fingers. Albedo's teal eyes look at me in silent question.
"An old friend." I answer. As much as I would like to send a reply right now, I don't have a flat surface to write on, so I'll simply have to send it before bed.
  "I see." The alchemist replies. I'm glad he's the type of person to simply ask the important things and nothing more. Pocketing the letter and placing the lotus behind my ear, The male and I resume our shopping trip with our new addition.

Now that we're in front of his shop, Wagner turns to us, muttering something under his breath about Xue. I simply choose to ignore it though, the owl clearly disapproves as she sends the man an unimpressed blank stare.
"Ah. Your order is completed." The raven replies as he turns around, picking up a black sword with lines of a warm white down the blade and a tassel and jade ring at the end. The sword is also inlaid with a yellow gem that glistens in the moonlight. I'd already paid the man 500 mora when I asked him to commission it for me so no money has changed hands. The reason I bought a new one was because I figured that my Silver Sword from Mondstadt wasn't going to cut it anymore. Prototype Rancour on the other hand, was the perfect replacement.

   "Asking for a Liyue sword from a blacksmith in Mondstadt huh? Why didn't you just ask one of their smiths to make it?" Wagner grumbles to himself as he passes me the weapon.
   "I simply wasn't in the area at the time I needed it." I answer as he gives a curt nod of understanding.
   "You look like you're from Liyue, so it makes sense. Hmph. Either way, business is business so I shouldn't be complaining. Now that you've got what you need, leave me to my work." He says signaling that he's done talking. Sending him a quick thankyou and wishing him a good day, Albedo and I leave the shop.

   "Wagner, still the same as ever." The teal eyed alchemist comments, the two of us rounding the corner and continuing down the street to a small boutique.
   "As grumpy as he appears, all people have their reasons. As a diviner, your perception of others changes. Rarely does one see a person simply for what they show at face value." I tell him. "Regardless of his attitude, he's a good blacksmith."
   "Hmm...that seems like a logical conclusion. People who can read fate will know more about a person than most ever would. Say, what parts about a person can you examine?" He asks me as we enter the store, Xue waits outside for us as she flies to the roof of the building. Next, we proceed to peruse the aisles full of beautiful clothing.
   "I can see people's past, present and future in fairly vivid detail spanning their whole life. I've been told when meeting others like me, that they have never met a person with abilities to the same extent as mine." I tell him.

   We pass dresses, shirts, and pants of different lengths, colours and sizes. The Chief Alchemist's sense of fashion is pretty good so he chips in his opinion here and there. When I finally reach a white dress with blue, black and gold accents, I know it's the perfect one for me. The bodice and area above the collar bone have beautiful aqua crystals. The sleeves of the dress go to the shoulder and the skirts come down to mid thigh.
Along with the dress, Albedo suggests a pair of white gloves with ruffles that have an intricate golden design and some navy blue thigh high stockings because they compliment the garment. The stockings have the design of grey spikes and golden metal wrapping around the top with a star like design at the front.

(The general idea of the dress I'm describing minus the longer sleeves.)

   Normally I would go with (f/c), however that's what I'd picked for my last dress from the city of wind. This time I want to go with colours that seem more symbolic of the fashion in the region. Thus, the white and blue.
   "This looks perfect!" I say with a smile, my (e/c) eyes sparkling. I'm happy that the colour goes well with my (h/c) hair and the cut of cloth suits my figure. Albedo follows me towards the cash register as the green haired man with blue eyes sitting at the front, waves merrily at us.
   "Welcome! Your taste is exquisite." He compliments me. "That will be 3500 mora." Materializing my money pouch, I hand him the required amount.

   Sending a look at the alchemist, I gesture for him to watch me.
   "Your sewing is beautiful. You really have perfected your craft." I tell the shop owner with a smile.
   "Really? That means a lot." The man says appreciatively. "You're not a local or someone I've seen in the clothing business, so how could you tell I made them?" He asks, curiosity lacing his tone.
   "Your own. Though the style is different, the stitching is the same. I haven't seen many people use it nowadays. It dates back to the era of aristocracy in Mondstadt. Absolutely elegant, but started to go out of fashion just like the role of the nobles when Vanessa liberated the city." I explain. The male looks impressed by my knowledge.
   "If the youth these days know as much as you do, Teyvat truly is blessed." He replies.
   "What made you choose a style of old?" I ask curiously. The days of the aristocracy in Mond weren't a pretty one. In the land of freedom, the city coveted by the Anemo Archon didn't reflect its god. Corruption ran amok as the Lawrence clan reigned supreme over the common folk.

   "I love the look it gives the garments. Despite the negative connotation it holds, I wish to reclaim the style for the people of Mondstadt and create a new meaning for them." He tells us. "Those who I've told about my plan aren't too enthusiastic, nor do they think my hopes will come to fruition. It's already one thing to be a man sewing dresses for a living, as most people still don't look kindly on men interested in traditionally feminine jobs. It's a fairly similar case for women too." He finishes, voice sounding tired and cynical. "However, your comment today brings me hope that maybe I'll be able to make my dream come true!" The green haired male finishes as a smile paints his face once more.
   "I wish you the best of luck. You never know, fate works in mysterious ways but I know your wish shall meet its fruition." I tell him seriously.

   "Thankyou for your words of encouragement. I feel more motivated than ever! When my store gains more popularity, I promise I'll repay you for your kindness." The blue eyed man says.
   "I don't believe I deserve repayment for something so simple. Besides, I was only speaking the truth." I explain to him. I'm not looking for a reward for what I've done.
   "Nonsense. I refuse to take no as an answer." He tells me shaking his head in refusal. "My name is Felix. If I'm not manning the counter like today, simply mention my name and they'll come get me." The green haired man replies. In the end I decide to just go with it. There are some battles that are simply not worth fighting. "Have a great day you two!" Felix tells us as Albedo and I leave the store.

   "So that's how being a diviner works. But you didn't make physical contact with him. Did you?" The ash blond questions me. At this, I send him a mischievous smile.
   "Are you so sure about that?" I ask him as Xue twitters a bit before taking her rightful place on my shoulder. "I made sure our hands touched when I gave him the mora." I explain.
   "What a smart plan indeed. So from the looks of it, he's going to be quite popular." He muses. "Do tell me though, for someone who could have guaranteed a favour from someone, why did you refuse it?" The alchemist asks, curious teal eyes observing my face.
   "That's precisely why. While many may take a skill like that and run a mile to garner favour, It Isn't the right thing to do." I explain.
   "I see...so that's the type of person you are. Sucrose's analysis of your personality holds true." Albedo says thoughtfully.

   "So where to now? Are you finished shopping for supplies or is there anywhere else you need to go?" He asks as we walk towards the end of the street.
   "My shopping is all finished. I was thinking of stopping by Angel's Share for a quick drink. Care to tag along?" I ask the man.
   "Taverns aren't usually my thing however, I still have a few more questions I want to ask you." Albedo informs me as we turn the corner before entering the tavern. The sound of a lyre is heard as the bard dubbed 'Six Fingered José' plucks at the strings. The smell of alcohol and the chatter of the customers gives the place a welcoming feeling. My male companion looks to be slightly uncomfortable in the place, so I shoot him a questioning glance.
   "It's fine (Y/n). As much as I dislike a crowd, if it's for the furthering of my knowledge, I will look past my discomfort." The man assures me. "However, are you sure your owl is allowed in the Tavern?" He asks.
   "Yes. The workers didn't seem to have any issue with her as long as she doesn't make a mess. I haven't brought her inside since the first time I came here, as she's often out hunting or sending and receiving letters like you saw today." I explain.

   The two of us take a seat at the bar, me in the middle and Albedo on my right. Calling over the bartender, I'm surprised to see that it isn't Charles but Diluc Ragnvindr, the owner of the establishment and Mondstadt's young handsome wine tycoon. His fiery red hair is pulled into a ponytail that reaches to his lower back and his crimson eyes make him hard not to recognize in the city of freedom. The man wears almost all black with gold designs. The only other colour is the white of his dress shirt and the occasional red. At his neck is a black cravat with a red gem and the heavy fur lined coat he wears has oppeletes. The other thing of interest upon his person is the pyro vision attached to his hip.

   "What can I get you two to drink?" The man asks. His voice is a pleasant tenor that works to further enhance his charm. Diluc's eyes very slightly widen, showing his surprise at seeing the Chief Alchemist in his establishment. To anyone else, he would have looked indifferent. Proving my point, he chooses not to comment about the strange occurrence.
   "I'll have a Berry and Mint Burst." The ash blond male tells the taller man as his eyes briefly flick over to his face. Albedo seems uninterested in the wine tycoon as he turns back to look at me.
   "And I will have some Wolfhook Juice." I tell him my order as Diluc begins busying himself with drink preparation.
   "I see you're back in town again." The red eyed male comments as he hands me my drink before starting on my companion's.
   "Yes. I've been a bit busy lately. As an adventurer, I never expected I'd end up a teacher." I say in amusement as I let out a small chuckle. Diluc simply nods in response before handing Albedo his own.

"Ah, that reminds me. I can't understand why you would choose to be an adventurer." Albedo tells me. The red head has moved on to drying empty glasses but I have a feeling that he's listening anyway. "For someone so intelligent, why waste it all on a job like that? With your drive you could make so many discoveries." He tells me. It seems he really wanted another researcher to join him with experiments.
   "Who's to say adventuring doesn't require me to use my wit? Some commissions allow me to discover old artifacts, others allow me to learn more about the history of a nation. Even commissions where battle is required have something to teach. In your line of work, they say working out in the field can be better than in a controlled environment. I prefer to learn about the world through travel. Every person has their story to tell if you're patient enough to listen. Besides, I enjoy helping others" I explain. The shorter male beside me rubs his chin deep in thought.
   "Hmm...I see. I let my personal opinions cloud my judgement. If I truly want to accomplish my goal, I need to remove my bias to truly see the world as it is. I failed to remember such an important part of alchemy. My apologies (Y/n)." my male companion says.
   "No offense taken. It's not the first time I've been asked that nor do I believe it to be the last. It doesn't phase me at all." I reply.

   Diluc clears his throat before asking a question of his own.
   "Teaching? And you didn't take this person into the city to do so?" The red eyed bartender asks.
   "The contents of what I had to teach him were better suited for the wilderness." I explain. Both men simply nod, though I can sense their curiosity at this unknown companion of mine. "I'm sure you'll meet him soon enough. He's currently with Amber at the moment, but enough of that." I tell them, clearly signaling that this line of conversation is over. "Do you have any more questions about my abilities Albedo?" I ask the teal eyed alchemist.
   "Xue, does she serve any purpose to you as a diviner?" He asks, pointing towards the white and blue bird who is currently surveying the occupants of the tavern. The stoic owner of Angel's Share seems to be quite interested now.
   "Diviner? As in reading someone's fate? I've heard of them but hadn't met one before. Though, it seems I have if you are one." Diluc says. Nodding in affirmation, I take a sip of my juice as the delectable flavour dances on my tongue.
   "Yes. We aren't that common to find..." I reply. "...and  to answer your question Albedo, no. Xue is simply a companion I purchased while adventuring in Snezhnaya." I explain.

   Just as I'm about to take another sip of wolfhook juice, an arm snakes around my shoulders as someone sits down beside me. From the stony look that appears on Diluc's face, it isn't hard to tell who it is. Plus, only one person in Mondstadt — minus a certain someone — would be bold enough to try that. Seated at my left is Kaeya Alberich. Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius. A dark skinned man with navy blue hair and a strand of white. His hair is long, reaching his waist that is tied back  in a low ponytail that drapes over his left shoulder. Kaeya's left eye is a periwinkle blue with pupils in the shape of a diamond, the other is hidden behind an eyepatch. His fashion reflects his vision, as he's decked out in white, blues and black with many stars incorporated into the design.  The male also has an earring because hanging from his left ear is a beautiful light blue gem. The most notable pieces of clothing are his studded fingerless gloves, eyepatch and a cape with some type of white animal fur.

   The Cavalry Captain is someone who's way too interested in other people's business and even more interested in knowing mine because of my vague answers. Originally he tried to flirt with me, a tactic I believe he's used to using to get information. When that didn't work, he had to resort to different tactics.
   "Captain Kaeya, I would appreciate it if you could remove your arm." I tell him. In response the male only sends me a sly grin absolutely refusing to do so. "I may be able to do that if you tell me more about yourself." He says. The man's voice is in a slightly higher register than the other two but it doesn't take away from his attractiveness. Diluc, who's had enough of Kaeya's antics, decides to speak up.
   "Let (Y/n) go. I won't have you harassing customers in my establishment." The red head growls.
   "And why should I listen to you dear brother?" The eyepatch wearing male quips back as Albedo heaves a big and exasperated sigh.
   "And this is why I don't come to bars. Captain, stop this nonsense." He says.
   "If I didn't know better, I would think you're trying to hit on me Kaeya." I comment idly as I choose to simply ignore his actions and continue drinking. "If you were eavesdropping on our conversation earlier..." I begin as my (e/c) eyes bore into his perrywinkle ones. "...you would know that I'm simply an adventurer and not a danger to Mond." I finish.

   Sensing my annoyance, the blue haired man removes his arm.
   "I apologize for making the lady upset." He says. People like him are hard to read but I doubt he's truly sorry at all.
   "An apology so insincere when you clearly meant to make me uncomfortable is not an apology at all. It's hard to believe you're related to her." I tell him. In response Kaeya's eye widens a bit, unable to hide his surprise at me figuring out his worse qualities so quickly. The denizens of the tavern let out a low whistle at my words as someone shouts the words
   "You tell him!" In the background.

   Diluc and Albedo seem happier that I'm going on his case. At this, the flamboyant man has the decency to look ashamed. I can tell he's going to apologize for real this time, but I cut him off before he can.
   "No need to apologize, you were simply doing your job — though the tactics could have been a lot less manipulative — we simply got off on the wrong foot." I tell the Cavalry Captain.
   "But I do, I crossed the line. You seem like an interesting person but you probably dislike me now." The perrywinkle eyed man says.
   "If I were someone else, that might be the case, but I don't simply take a person's actions at face value." I reply. Albedo is eagerly waiting for me to use my abilities again. While I did get a chance to read Kaeya's fate, some stories are better left a mystery to others. I doubt it's something he wants to remember. Turning to the blue haired man, I direct my words to him.
   "Your life has not been an easy one. Quite fitting for a cryo vision. Though, I would not wish your fate upon anyone." I tell him. "If I truly hated you, you would most likely be six feet under. Fortunately for you, that isn't the case nor am I at quite that level of pettiness."

   "Let's start anew. Nice to meet you Captain Kaeya, my name is (Y/n)." I say to the male who lets out a sigh of relief before returning to his usual self.
   "Likewise. As an apology, I'll buy you a glass of dandelion wine." He proclaims as Diluc moves to pour the liquor. He also prepares for Kaeya his usual drink, death afternoon, though his harsh movements show that he'd rather not be making anything for his adoptive brother.

   Next Kaeya turns to address Albedo
   "My my, to think I witnessed a miracle. Mr. Albedo, what could possibly get you out of your lab much less into a bar?" He says with a knowing smirk. "Is it the fair lady perhaps? (Y/n) is very beautiful so I do understand." He continues. Albedo looks completely unimpressed with the blue haired man.
   "No, I simply wanted to have a chat with a like minded individual. Plus, her fate reading abilities have intrigued me." He answers stiffly.
   "Hmm, that may be true...but was it that important that you needed to accompany (Y/n) with her shopping? You could have simply waited for another time." Kaeya continues.

At this, the ash blond male looks absolutely finished with Kaeya as he stares daggers at the Cavalry Captain.
   "I'm sure you're aware how dedicated I am to my research. Since (Y/n) is often moving around a lot our paths do not cross often, thus I thought it would simply be a better idea to discuss it now." The alchemist says. "I'm sorry (Y/n), but we'll have to cut this conversation short. If you wish to talk some more about alchemy or fate reading, and have the time to do so, come see me at Dragonspine Mountain." And with that, he abandons his bar stool and quickly leaves the tavern as his coat billows behind him.

   Turning to the blue haired male, I tell him off.
   "You know that wasn't necessary, he's been getting comments like that all day you know." I comment idly, no real bite to my words.
   "I meant no harm (Y/n), he's simply fun to tease much like Diluc over here." He replies as he points to the red haired man. Diluc only grunts in response as he passes the two of us our drinks. Kaeya's drink is slid with so much force that it would have fallen off the counter if the Cavalry Captain hadn't caught it. Next, the red eyed bartender takes both my previous glass and Albedo's which are now empty.
   "If you weren't purchasing a drink, then I would have kicked you out." The male informs the knight as he washes the glasses. "Why don't you just go to the Cats Tail instead?"
   "Why I couldn't do that, (Y/n) is never there plus, I wouldn't be able to annoy you." The perrywinkle eyed man replies as He takes a swig of his wine. I follow suit letting the sweet liquid tingle my tastebuds.

   "So a dragon huh." I muse to myself as both men train their eyes on me. "I leave for two months and come back to this? How is that going for the both of you?" I ask.
   "While the orchards are suffering a bit from the storms, the influx of people trying to satiate their worries with alcohol has kept business booming." Diluc tells me.
   "As I'm sure Amber told you, we have increased our patrolling around the borders of the city and continue to clear out hilichurl camps that threaten the people." Kaeya answers.
   "Tch, you knights are actually starting to take your job seriously? Does it really take a dragon to get you to do your job?" The red head asks.
   "No need to be so hostile, that wasn't what you thought when you were a part of—" the blue haired male begins.
   "Enough!" Diluc growls at the man and the Cavalry Captain finally listens. An awkward silence fills the air as I heave out a sigh. Things would be so much easier if they just got along, however I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Downing the rest of my glass, I get up from my bar stool.

   "I really must be going, my companions are waiting for me." I tell the brothers as I reach for the door. Opening it, I hear a roar as the wind picks up and the night sky has taken on an even more ominous shade. Xue screeches and clamps onto my shoulder even tighter as the screams from the people unfortunate enough to be outside, are heard as tornados of anemo begin to tear up the city. Diluc and Kaeya, who were butting heads only a moment ago, abandon their fight. Quickly, their professionalism returns as the red haired man calms down the now panicking customers, urging them to stay inside.

   "I really hope Paimon and Aether are okay." I think to myself but despite that, I make no move to leave the tavern. Just as I think that, a voice speaks up.
   "Don't worry about your friend." Looking at the people around me, I conclude that I'm the only one who can hear it. "I will make sure no harm comes to him. I promise. F tlk'q cxfi vlr xdxfk." And just like that, the connection between me and this unknown person is severed. A sense of relief washes over me. Even though I know my companion will be fine, I can't help but worry.

   My plan to stay inside the tavern until the storm passes is dashed into pieces as the Cavalry Captain takes action. Wasting no time, the blue haired man struts towards the door before grabbing onto my arm and trying to drag me outside.
   "Kaeya let go!" I tell the male as I try to pull myself away from him. As expected though, he doesn't listen.
   "Your friends are outside. Aren't you going to go and find them?" He asks me as his calculating perrywinkle eye bores into my (e/c) ones. "For someone so adamant on getting back to your companions, you refuse to find them in a desperate situation. Tell me, why is that?" I have nothing to say in response as he simply hums in agreement. "Never you mind, I won't tell them about your reluctance to save them. However, you owe me something in return." He tells me. Regardless, you still have to come with me. If you want to make sure they don't doubt your sincerity, it's your best move." The man exclaims as he finally succeeds in pulling me out the door. Diluc begins to yell at him to release me on account of the danger outside, but Kaeya responds by promptly slamming the door of the tavern in his face. "Now that that's out of the way." Kaeya begins, his voice becomes light, airy and a tad bit playful despite the clear chaos around us. "Let's go watch the show. This is going to be interesting indeed." Speechless, I can only follow after him.

~ ~ ~

(Do you think I did a good job portraying Kaeya, Diluc and Albedo? Did you expect to see Albedo this early in the story or did it catch you by surprise? Let me know in the comments.)

Word Count: 6667

Song name: Nap of a star by TXT, piano cover uploaded by DooPiano.

Art: Albedo Kreideprinz, Official game art from Genshin Impact. Rights belong to Mihoyo.

Anime girl: I don't know who the artist is but I got it off of Pinterest. If anyone knows who did create this artwork please comment it here and I will credit them.

Please vote if you like the chapters and share this story with your friends!

~Foxfire-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 363 18
Just the title, Genshin men x reader one shots !Requests will be taken! But not guaranteed that i will do them, (By comments or PM, angst, fluff, sc...
302K 3.8K 53
This book contains, fluff, smut, and angst. It has stories for male and GN readers. My main story posting page is on my Tumber (Silveon57) so everyth...
93K 1.8K 16
Characters from Teyvat will be reacting to the Traveler. The Traveler will be Aether. They will react to : - Wikipedia Pages - Archon Quests - Charac...
5.4K 136 10
A normal day in Tevyat as an experienced adventurer, you can choose which route to take. Each place you go to will alter who you meet along the way. ...