Falling For You

By ExoticInk_

{COMPLETED} ๐๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ! ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven - Final

Chapter Eight

17 2 10
By ExoticInk_

Mera ran up the hill, to where her husband was, only see him be impaled by Azog's blade, right through his chest.

Mera could hear the breaking of his ribs as her own heart shattered. She had little hope as she watched her husband stab Azog in the chest straight back. She immediately ran over to him and caught him as he fell.

"Hey, hey. I'm right here. Please, hold on." Mera whispered into her husband's ear as tears streamed down both their faces. Bilbo came running up to them and sat on Thorin's other side, opposite to Mera, they both were trying to get him to look at the eagles- the same eagles that had saved their lives before. Thorin slowly lifted his hand and tucked a stand of Mera's blonde hair behind her ear.

"I love you, Mera." Thorin whispered, Mera kissed him one last time.

"I love you too, Thorin."

Bilbo and Mera stayed by Thorin's side until he drew his last breath. Bilbo gave Mera a tight, loving embrace before giving her some space.

The other dwarves began to crowd, Balin was almost at Mera when a goblin arrow came out of nowhere and struck Mera, right through her heart. She didn't scream. She didn't make any sort of noise.

She looked at Balin, with tears in her eyes as she gasped for air- then her eyes rolled back and she fell down by her husband's side, still holding his hand.

That was the last time anyone ever saw Mera and Thorin Oakenshield.
~~~

Legolas smiled in victory as he watched Bolg fall to the ground before getting crushed by stone. He then turned around to find Tauriel, only then realising his friend had gone.

"Tauriel?"

"Legolas!"

Legolas turned and ran towards the redhead's voice, her voice sounded panicky. He paused at the sight.

He didn't know what he was expecting but it wasn't Arcturus leant against the stone wall, three arrows in his leg, shoulder and stomach. And not far away, two dwarves lay dead in a puddle of their own blood.

"Arcturus.." Legolas breathed out, coming to kneel down in front of his friend. Arcturus slowly rolled his head to the side to look at his other friend.

"Your eyes remind me of Remi." He muttered, calmly, Legolas smiled sadly. Arcturus looked up at the two that were leaning over him, he gave them a smile as he allowed his head to relax against the stone.

"You're not dying on me." Legolas fought the urge to cry as he took out a small dagger from his belt and ripped Arcturus's tunic around the arrow that was embedded into his shoulder. He carefully cut alongside the arrow, making sure not to damage any more than he needed to in order to get the arrow out safely. Tauriel had pulled some Athelas from her pouch; ready for the poison-infected wounds.

After a while, Legolas and Tauriel had managed to get all three arrows out and Legolas held down his brunette friend while Tauriel healed them with the Athelas to get the poison out of his system.

Arcturus rested his head on Legolas' shoulder, his entire body felt uncomfortably numb. He looked at his two friends and smiled sadly, it was his way of thanking them, his throat was too sore to properly speak in that moment.

Arcturus shooed Tauriel away so she can go back to her dwarvish friends while Legolas helped him up and moved him towards his horse.

"I shall meet you in Dale." Arcturus spoke, tiredly before moving his horse forward until he was in a flat out gallop.

Legolas watched him descend, making sure he didn't fall off his horse before turning around and leaving.

He watched as Tauriel moved Rae and Kili's bodies so that they were holding hands and cuddling- as if they were asleep- she placed the runestone that Kili had given her into their intertwined hands as she cried. He wanted to comfort her but he thought it would be better if she had this moment to process and grieve.

Legolas turned on his heel and entered the tower, wishing to find his father and as luck may have it, he ran into him.

"I... cannot go back." He said, quietly, avoiding eye contact with his father. Thranduil furrowed his eyebrows at his son in shock. Legolas brushed past his father and prepared to leave. However, it seemed Thranduil had other plans.

"Where will you go?" Thranduil asked, frowning slightly. Legolas paused and turned to face the elven king.

"I do not know." Legolas clarified, calmly. Thranduil thought for a moment.

"Go north. Find the Dúnedain. There's a young ranger amongst them - you should meet him. His father, Arathorn, was a good man. His son might grow to be a great one." Thranduil explained, Legolas nodded his head in understanding. However he had a thought. An important one at that.

"What is his name?" Legolas asked, if he was searching for someone, may as well know the name of them - don't want to seem creepy, y'know?

"He's known in the wild as Strider. His true name you must discover for yourself." Thranduil said, Legolas have him a weird look, clearly judging his father's choice of words.

The two royals nodded to each other and Legolas once again turns to leave, on his new quest. However, Thranduil stopped him once more, causing the prince to pause.

"Legolas.. your mother loved you.. more than anyone.. more than life." Thranduil spoke quietly, however he knew his son heard him. Legolas had a distant look on his face as he processed his father's words.

His blue eyes widened in shock once he finished processing them. After a moment, Legolas reached out to his father but the king only bowed his head in respect. Legolas nodded, calmly, before pausing again.

"Can you look after Arcturus and Remi?" Legolas asked, Thranduil froze. Had nobody told his son about the little elfling?

"I cannot do that. Arcturus, I can. Remi has sadly passed from this world not long ago." Thranduil explained, slowly. Legolas' eyes widened, a frown upon his face.

"What do you mean?" He almost demanded. Thranduil frowned.

"A guard from Arcturus's patrol team was supposed to be watching young Remi and had taken her out of the gates. A spider pack attacked them, neither made it. It was only an hour later did any of our patrol teams had found their bodies. We did all we could to save her life." Thranduil answered, he had an unreadable look on his face. Legolas bit his lip. He wasn't there for Arcturus when it happened. Did Arcturus even know?

"Oh.. take care of Arcturus then at least. He's injured." Thranduil nodded at his son's request before they parted ways. Thranduil went to speak to Tauriel while Legolas jumped on his horse and rode to Dale to say a final farewell to his beloved friend.

By the time he made it to Dale, everyone was cleaning up, tending to the injured and leaving the dead to have a funeral soon.

Legolas searched the streets for Arcturus, growing more and more worried as he couldn't find him. Anywhere.

"Excuse me? Are you looking for the brown haired elf? The tall one with curls?" A young girl asked, Legolas recognised the girl from the house that was raided by orcs. Slowly, he nodded.

"He's in that clearing. Be careful, he's crying." The girl said, sadly, pointing down a street where he saw a clearing.

"Hannon le." (Thank you) He spoke softly, smiling to the child. Tilda looked up confused but the elf had already left, he had dismounted his horse and let him roam while he slowly approached the clearing with caution.

"Arcturus?" Legolas spoke slowly, trying not to startle the elf. However, he turned around quickly, wiping his eyes.

"Oh, Legolas." Arcturus answered, Legolas walked over and sat beside his best friend. Arcturus was sitting cross legged in front of a statue, his mother's head in his lap.

Legolas frowned, Lorelei had three or four arrows embedded into her armour and body, blood coming from her mouth. Arcturus had closed her eyes and had begun braiding her blonde hair.

"I didn't know she came with you." Legolas held his friend close. He frowned in concern as his friend's lack of communication - I mean who would talk much after losing both your mother and your sister within two days?

"We wanted to help. I knew the risks, yet I didn't make her stay home." Arcturus sighed, moving a strand of his mother's hair out of the woman's face. Legolas pulled the other elf closer to him.

"I have to go north. Find a ranger named Strider. Do you want to come with me or go back to Mirkwood?" Legolas questioned, he didn't want to leave him alone but at least he'd have Tauriel...

"I'll stay. I have to at least say goodbye to them properly. Will you going to return to Mirkwood afterwards?" Arcturus leant his head on Legolas' shoulder, his eyes drooping slightly.

"No. I don't think so. But we'll see each other again. I know we will." Legolas spoke softly, Arcturus smiled, calmly. His smile didn't reach his eyes though, they still remained dull and lacked emotion.

"I guess this is goodbye." Legolas and Arcturus stood up, Arcturus had laid Lorelei's head back on the patch of flowers that had been dropped by a villager.

"Til we meet again." Arcturus playfully and dramatically bowed to the prince. Legolas only copied his actions until both of them were laughing.

"Stay safe, Legolas."

"You too, Arcturus."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 175 15
In the wake of a dark and grimy cell of Mirkwood, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are [Y/n], the last daughter of Izalith, the Witch of...
315K 11.8K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...
16.5K 956 41
Oา“ sแด„แด€ส€s, sแด‡แด„ส€แด‡แด›s, สŸษชแด‡s แด€ษดแด… า“แดส€ส™ษชแด…แด…แด‡ษด สŸแดแด แด‡. Oา“ แด›สœแด‡ ส€แด€แด แด‡ษด, แด›สœแด‡ ส€แด€ษดษขแด‡ส€, แด›สœแด‡ แด˜ส€ษชษดแด„แด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ แด„แด€แด˜แด›แด€ษชษด. Oา“ สŸษชแด ษชษดษข แด…แด€ส€แด‹ษดแด‡ss, แด€ษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› า“แด‡แดœแด…s แด€ษดแด… ส€แดสแด€สŸ ส™สŸแดแดแด…...
605K 20.8K 44
Book I of the 'To Live Again' Saga In the modern world Clara Riley experiences a life changing event...death! Usually this means the end of living...