Sold! To the Vampire King [TH...

By ambiance101

[EXPLICIT CONTENT: hardcore violence, brimming with curses, and more sex! ADVISABLE AGE: 18 and above. YOU HA... More

Sold! To the Vampire King
Prologue
Foreword
Chapter 1: Doubts
Chapter 2: Starting New
Chapter 3: Hard Decisions
Chapter 4: The Thirteen Alphas
Chapter 6: Heartbreaks
Chapter 7: Calvin
Chapter 8: Inside the Heart
Chapter 9: Eternally Bound
Chapter 10: Viva Madrid!
Chapter 11: In the Midst of Demons
Chapter 12: Dance For Me, Holly
Chapter 13: Toro!
Chapter 14: Damned in Amsterdam
Chapter 15: Hiding the Truth
Chapter 16: Home
Chapter 17: Skinny Dipping
Chapter 18: Broken Friendships
Chapter 19: Coming to Terms
Chapter 20: Solitary
Chapter 21: Harley
Chapter 22: The Odds
Chapter 23: Acceptance and Betrayals
Chapter 24: Seeing Reason
Chapter 25: Reconciliation
Chapter 26: Seeking Forgiveness
Chapter 27: Rendezvous
Chapter 28: How Everything is Lost
Chapter 29: Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 30: Saying Goodbye
Epilogue
✔️In Which the Author Closes the Book...for the Last Time
BONUS CHAPTER: Sixteen Years After
ADVERTISMENT!

Chapter 5: Calfornia Hustle

10.1K 353 54
By ambiance101

She wolf by sia up in the media box. This is officially the soundtrack of the last sold! :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|CALVIN|

It was suppose to be a nice day. I've reserved a good reservation to some French shít restaurant and a hotel room: the best there is to be offered by Lorraine's little empire. I even bought VIP tickets to Universal studios down in Florida and two VIP tickets in Disney land. Holly loves those shít. In fact, every woman love those shít. I was supposed to ask her to marry me again in the restaurant where she couldn't possibly refuse because...well, grand proposals in fancy places filled with fancy people are irrefutable, right? Three days of still not marrying her makes my jaw twitch at the thought. My mother will kill me and skin me alive if I still don't get her to say yes! Not to mention the pride of a Winchester or a Campbell is now severely disfigured.

But she won't marry me until I love her. I frowned at the thought. Love, she said! It was a powerful word! Something that I don't want to commit to as much as possible. Sure, I know, she does love me--which is almost impossible if she doesn't--but the fact that I need to return it back for marriage?

Fùck me in a riding bike.

I'm positive she would be a wonderful wife, I'm quite sure. She is, after all, the only woman aside from my mother who was able to stand up to me and put up with my shít time after time but for me feel back to her? Now that's a bit doubtful. I think I won't be able to feel love...ever. I don't even know what that word fùcking feels! So marrying her for the convenience of the child having a father is good enough, right? Why do you need love to marry? It just takes respect and pride to marry! I would be very considerate of her too, of course. For example, I passed through her vanity mirror a while ago and saw a small paper with Madrid.25.K written on it. The rest was blurred by something wet, I wouldn't know what. So, for our honeymoon, I'd assume she would like to go to Madrid at the 25th! Simple.

Sometimes, I feel too genius.

Suddenly, an image of mother and father staring at each other assaulted my memory. It was...frustrating for me, sure, mainly because when they look at each other it was...it was like they were made for each other. Like they were mates or something which is entirely impossible because my parents are both pure blooded vampires.

Is that love? Is that what Holly wants from me?

So then, I've decided to put on a good show, a fùcking effort to be a little gentlemanly just to woo her into submitting to be my wife wether that be by hook or by crook. The trick obviously backfired.

And not only that, everything backfired.

Thus brings me back to reality:

Holy fùck!

"GET DOWN!" I shouted to everyone as soon as I saw the helicopter fast approaching towards the building. Think fast, Calvin! You have two-no, four- fùcking tickets to two amusement parks! It was a bit comical to see thirteen alphas scramble to their feet and find a good hiding spot; some managed to snag the door and exit through it before all shít happens. The unlucky ones, that would be me and seven more people, grabbed pillars for protection.

And then, it rained bullets.

The glass showing the skyline of California shattered with a piercing sound followed by the sound of the chopper's blades against the wind. Ricochets from bullets echoed through the space as a machine gun annihilated the glass table that stood in the middle of the room. The aquarium which Holly loved so much shattered, making the water escape along with the flailing fish; the LCD television in the corner dropped and shattered in Jeremy Schneider's feet, making him jump away but it still shredded his trousers and drew out blood.

The wonderful smell of lycan blood wafted through the room as more alphas were shot stimulating me with the aroma of alpha pure blood. I was grazed in the shoulder and thigh but all I could process in my brain how I was deprived of lycan blood for so long now! I can't feed on Holly, I might take away the blood needed by the child and God knows I can hurt everyone except family.

Head in the game, Calvin. Head on the fùcking game!

When the gun shots ended and I heard some shouting and groans from the shot alphas as they slumped to the ground. I took the chance from the cease fire as I stepped out of the pillar and dashed to the chopper. Stupidly, the men-overcoming with confidence- drove the chopper close to the building. I saw them reloading and took the chance to dash towards the helicopter with only one thing in mind.

When the men saw me running with all my speed, they frantically shouted something through the white and red chopper and they drew out their guns in panic. The shards of glass shattered under my shoes as I jumped away from broken furniture and slumped figures of alphas. My irises turned red as I saw a fleeting moment of doubt in Jeremy Schneider's eyes as he watched me attack. The pup--Holly's ex-mate--is helping the blond up as his eyes widened at my current direction.

Yes, I am heading in the end of the building which is hundreds of feet above ground. Now, are you all happy I'm jumping to my death? I managed to roll my eyes as the wind whipped on my face, my legs straining as I reach the end of the room and jumped.

Okay, not my finest move but it ought to show the alphas who's the better half.

The edge of the building that held the once massive glass now only had jagged fragments of glass that might have sliced the soles of my shoes as I leapt to the near helicopter and aimed for the metal railing underneath it. The men inside pointed the gun at me in which they fired three consecutive shots which buried in my shoulder, chest and stomach respectively. I grunted as the pain exploded in the areas but it wasn't enough force to knock me off my route.

The sound of the helicopters blades against the wind is deafening as I managed to grab the metal railing. My body swung back and forth and I took the chance in climbing up and staggering inside the helicopter. My shoes met the inside of the open helicopter and I knew they were going to die.

"Kill him!" One of them, the one with the sunglasses and helmet shouted as his two companions pointed the gun at me and fired. Learning from experience, I jumped out for he says rolling to the left before lunging at the closest man I could get my hands to. Both of us rolled forward and knocked the pilot's seat before I managed to grab him by the collar and throw him out of the open door. The man screamed as he fell down, the clouds covering his body in the descent.

I snarled at the next man who fired a pistol at me, catching me in the arm before I lunged at him, grabbed his hand and twisted it until the bone cracked; the man screamed as I threw him to his companion who fired at me only for the bullet to be caught by the body I threw. They both stumbled down the helicopter floor, struggling to get up. "You mangy dogs," I snarled at them as I walked towards the pair who were cowering in fear. "I am the vampire King! I will always be stronger than any of you!"

I stalked towards the nearest man, the one who was screaming while rolling on the floor. I lifted my foot and stomped it in the lycan who was lying on the floor, cradling his injured arm I twisted earlier. Brain and blood sprayed inside the helicopter, damaging the fine suit I wore. His companion screamed like a girl before I grabbed him by the neck and snapped it.

Before I could drop the body to the floor, I felt another gun shot bury into my back, the searing pain like none other before radiated to my skin and chest. "Goddamn it!" I hissed as I dropped the body and turned around, furious of the men who can't fight without dignity. The pilot driving the helicopter trembled as I stalked closer into him, my eyesight growing hazy, my legs feeling heavy under my weight. I shook myself as I grabbed the man by the neck and threw him out of the door, screaming for his life.

Fùcking bullets! Fùcking wolfsbane! Fùcking rebellion! Fùcking Aldrich! Fùcking marriage! I chanted as felt the helicopter wobble-or was it me? My head is growing heavy, my vision blurring. It only means that those bullets are laced with Fùcking Wolfsbane! Immediately, I grabbed the handle of the helicopter and kept it as straight as I can. The helicopter spiraled down for a bit before I could steady it in a pace worth traveling.

Which is impossible when you're breathing five cycles per minute and apparently, really sleepy.

"I-I'm landing..." I said breathlessly as I stirred the helicopter away from the building and down into somewhere safe to land. Breathing had become a hard chore, something I want to cease doing. I swallowed thickly as the chopper descended. California proved to be a place where landing is almost impossible; a lot of buildings dominated the area and left small patches of land not enough to fit in the helicopter without crashing. Cars honked on the highway and people walked around the concrete. Skyscrapers jutted from the ground, making my trip look like temple run.

Come on Calvin, look for something. Floaters-black spots that appear in vision-began dominating my sight until I saw vast area of green: a golfing area.

Fifty feet from the grass and the land, my eyes closed.

And my world came crashing down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|HOLLY|

The elevator floor is never comfortable.

Not with five people slumped on it, of course.

Bullets dented the metal in the elevator, some puncturing through it. I could feel Gustav's arms around me, shielding me from any possibility of being shot. His jacket still hung from my head as I closed my eyes and feel the elevator descend down to the ground floor. What the hell is the rebellion doing here?! I thought these meetings are supposed to be classified?!

What the hell are they planning on doing to me once they catch me?

I swallowed thickly as I prayed no one would ambush us at the front door. Of course, I trust Gustav with these things but...there's no guarantee that he won't escape unscathed. The elevator dinged when we reached the ground floor, the metal doors opening making us vulnerable for the world. When the metal double doors opened, the men in business suits scrambled out, screaming. Gustav muttered a curse before grabbing me in my torso and lifting me to my feet. With the suit offering me little area for sight, I couldn't tell if there were people around.

I saw humans, though, look at the men in business suits and to us, confused. Even the woman in the front desk looked confused until men from the stairs emerged, shouting something I couldn't understand.

That was the start of the second chaos.

They pulled out guns and aimed at Gustav and I who dashed to the front entrance with such speed I didn't know I possessed. "Run, Holly! Run!" He shouted as I felt a bullet ricochet from the marble flooring centimeters from my shoes. Women and men shouted and screamed as series of gunshots dominated the area, the emergency alarm was blaring really loud and I could taste fear in everyone inside. The glass doors opened upon sensing us but quickly shattered the moment bullets collided with it.

Shards of glass rained down on us, making me shriek fearing for the safety of my child. My god! What was Calvin thinking bringing me here?! Is he fùcking insane?! I'm going to cut his balls when we see each other! That sonofabitch! I seethed as My foot caught something and I stumbled a bit. I glanced back to see a pile of security personnels on the ground, bleeding.

I didn't see if they were alive or dead as Gustav dragged me out of the hotel. A car stopped in front of us and Gustav took the chance to open it, revealing a man on a business suit who was equally surprised. "I'm going to borrow this," my companion grunted as he took the man by the collar and threw him out of the car, stumbling down on the brick pathway. The valet was talking to someone loudly as he kept his eyes on us as Gustav and I entered the car with me take the passenger seat and him on the driver's. The car zoomed out before I could even remove the suit covering my head.

"Put on your seatbelt...Holly." Immediately, I complied, scared to disobey. "Why are they here?!" I exclaimed, finally finding voice as we reached the tarmac. My heart is pounding so hard on my chest and my hands were shaking terribly. I might have looked like a hag but my safety-the baby's-overrides everything else. I gripped the seatbelt wrapped around me and audibly swallowed loudly.

"They might...have caught wind of the gathering."

I face palmed myself. "This is not good! Do you know any safe house we could stay for a while?" Please let there be somewhere...I can't live knowing there isn't anything I could do to save my child. Our child.

Gustav pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me. It was a pamphlet with a disco and neon lights.

Kevin's Haven
Opens at 8pm to 3am
Come and experience the total party life in California!

I read and reread the pamphlet but a bright red spot on top of it caught my attention. I turned my head at Gustav and saw him bleeding from the chest and to the stomach, soaking the white shirt underneath it. I gasped and stared at him with horror in which he groaned in pain; he steered the car off the highway and entered a small road but still packed with people. "I'm...losing control...Holly," he whispered as I saw his hands trembling at the steering wheel. "I will stop the car in the...most convenient place and once I stop...I want you to keep running until you find...this place."

He was breathing heavily and was sweating even under the cold blast of the heat. My blood ran cold as my breathing hitched. No! No! I won't...I can't... "N-No!" I shouted at him as I opened my purse to grab my handkerchief before putting it in his wound. Gustav grunted in pain and pursed his lips. The road is becoming more isolated as he continued to drive. "I can't leave you here! I can't...I don't even know California! I don't know...please..."

"Listen to me, Holly," he hissed as he doubled over in pain. "These bullets are laced with some strong concoction of wolfsbane. In another five minutes, I'd be paralyzed and that would only be a burden to you. I want you to use that time--"

"No!" I shouted again but Gustav ignored me.

"--to run away." He looked at me, his eyes blood shot. "I will survive. Believe me. But I need to save you first...save the heir of the Winchester. I will never forgive myself is something happen to you two."

My breathing caught as I took it in. Wolfsbane. Paralyzed. It was a lot for a pregnant woman. I began sobbing uncontrollably, snot and tears wasting my blouse. Gustav gave me a weak smile before he stopped the car facing an alleyway. The part of the town was wasted. Large worn down buildings stood rooted in the sidewalks and I could see teenagers smoking weed on the corner. A group of bikers were laughing raucously at the corner obviously harassing someone and a man stood on the shadows of the buildings, flipping a switchblade. Beggars roamed the area, the makeshift sleeping areas were sporadically placed on alleyways and laundry lines were like spider webs woven together.

"Go, Holly."

Go and live.

"You promise you will come back alive?" I asked in a whisper as I opened the door, giving him one last glance. He nodded once, his face full of assurance. "I will. Nobody knows where you are. I need to come back alive."

I nodded at him. I need to do this. I need to save the little kid inside me. I pulled my big girl panties and stepped out of the car, the sun blaring down on me again. The moment I stepped out of it, Gustav stepped on the accelerator and drove away as fast as he could. And so, I was left there...alone. Again. Little Holly knowing nothing of the place or what may happen. For a moment, I just stood there, trying to process if this is really happening until I heard cars speeding down the road. I jumped an inch and dashed to the alleyways.

The pungent smell of urine and blood dominated the area as hobos stared at my retreating figure. I breathed hard as my footsteps echoed through the towering walls of the buildings that surrounded it. Somehow, it felt like déjà vu. At some point in my life I've been really fond of alleyways. Since I met Calvin to my current situation, it had always been the alleyways. Seriously, I have got to avoid these situations.

Before I knew it, I could feel someone following behind me. I kept running. In fact, I never ran as far and long as this one. All I saw were alleyways, a glimpse of the highways and hobos. My muscles are beginning to strain and I needed air. Before I knew it, I was stopping and gasping for air, unaware of the presence behind me.

"Well, lookie here. A lost girl."

I turned around and saw two men staring at me. One of them was the one with the switch blade earlier and I noticed that he may be the same age as me with dark brown hair and eyebrow piercings. Beside him is a bulkier guy with a shaved head and scars running from his face to the neck. I gasped as they took a step closer, cornering me. my back met the molding wall and I cowered at it. "What should we do to her, Sullivan?" He asked the bald man who didn't reply. He turned to me again and sneered.

"Maybe we could play for a bit, girlie."

My lower lip trembled. This is it. I'm going to die. I knew I wouldn't survive here alone but a girl has got to try. "No, please," I pleaded to them but they just stared at me, drawing closer. I raised my hands up and sat on the ground low to protect my stomach.

"Please...no..."

I was expecting for them to grab me. I was expecting for them to laugh. But they didn't. They didn't say anything and I just sat there, waiting. Minutes have passed and still nothing is happening; I took the courage to look up to see them staring at me wide eyed.

Well, staring at my hands.

"Is that...is that..." Sullivan, the bald man, asked as his jaw dropped.

"An alpha's mark."

I looked up to see the carefully concealed bracelet Harley gave me around my wrists. At first, it confused me why these men knew of the bracelet until it hits me. "You're lycans," I said as I stood up, now with renewed confidence they wouldn't hurt me. But still, I was cautious. I should be able to smell them. Why couldn't I? Have my senses gone to the drain?

"As you are," the man with the brown hair said, gritting his teeth at me. "What are you doing here? Why are you bearing a charm? Who gave it to you?"

...every lycan you come across with will recognize this and they will not touch you or bother you. They are obliged to help you in any way possible...

I swallowed hard and glanced at the small leather bracelet wrapped around my wrist. Thanks, Harley. You saved me, apparently. I looked up to their surprised expressions and stood up. "Please take me to this place," I trembled as I handed them the pamphlet I crumpled on my hand. Sullivan took the paper and straightened it out before he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you need at Kevin's? You in trouble?"

"Of course she's in trouble, that's why she's going to Kevin's!" The guy beside Sullivan snarled at him. He turned to me, his eyes judging whether he should help me or not. My skin burned under the scorching sun and his penetrating gaze didn't help even one bit. His eyes landed on my wrist again and his frown deepened. "I know that wolf," he said in a thoughtful whisper ", I just can't remember who."

Tires screeching brought me back to reality and I jumped a foot from the pavement; my eyes frantically scanned the empty alleys, fear now gripping my chest. "Come on, we're obliged to follow the code," Sullivan said as he glanced at his companion and to me. "Kevin is our alpha. You don't find help from him unless needed. Keep your mouth shut; he's all shit about respect."

I nodded. "I just need somewhere safe."

"You're must be in so much trouble if you're asking help from Kevin," the brown haired man told me, shaking his head.

I didn't ask anything about that anymore as I just followed them through the winding alleyways. At some point, I saw children, dirty and snotty playing around and cats scouring through garbage cans. The interlinked wires of clothes line grew thinner and thinner as we reached the more populated part of the area. Eyes turned to us as we passed by, an wold woman grinned at me, showing me her blackening teeth and opaque eyes. Again, I swallowed hard. What was Gustav thinking?!

Sullivan kept his pace behind me while brown haired guy led us to our destination. I could see people at this part of the alley; their houses opened to the alleyway from the old buildings that stood. I saw someone pouring water from the second floor down to the pavement below before shutting his window close. A group of people were huddled on the corner, screaming and cackling as they played cards, their wager: a packet of drugs.

To say my anxiety intensified is an understatement. It freaking blew through the roof and my hands itched to hold Calvin's for comfort. Keeping my mouth shut, I followed them until they stopped before a door with a woman sweeping dirt off their porch. She looked up to us and I saw a beautiful lycan around thirty with red hair tied behind her; her heart shaped face lit up upon seeing my two companions and dropped when she saw me.

"Oh no," I heard her mutter as she dropped her broom. "You're--"

"She wanted to see Kevin."

She turned to me and to the brown haired man before turning to me again. Her brow furrowed as she rolled her eyes. "Are you pregnant with his child?"

The question took my by surprise as I stepped back. Do they know I'm pregnant? Does news travel fast? Should I lie? My anxiety is growing large and larger I don't know how I could still stand up after this. The fiery glaze in her eyes forced the answer out my mouth. "Ummm...no...I mean...yes," I twiddled my thumbs, feeling scared. "Please don't hurt me...I just want help...please."

She cursed and threw her handkerchief down the floor with such fury. "I knew it! You're the third one! The third one!" She shrieked and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "KEVIN! You...you cheating bastard! I've had enough of your infidelity, you insufferable prick!"

The sound of glass breaking from inside the house could be heard from here and I stepped back instinctively. The door burst open, revealing a man in his late thirties supporting a beard with a bandana wrapped around his head. The man-the lycan alpha Kevin- was intimidating: he was tanned, wearing a metal studded biker jacket and washed jeans. Other than that, he was extremely muscular with multiple tattoos inked in his body even in his forehead. One look and he's got you trembling on your knees until you see the scared look in his eyes.

"Baby!" He said as the woman glared at him and sneered. "I've...I've never touched anyone since I met you! I swear to anything holy! Please!"

"No! A teenager, really?! You can't be fùcking serious!?"

Teenager? Me?

"Umm..." I started to say but the brown haired man stopped me, a grin making its way into his mouth. "No, don't ruin the fun yet. I'm enjoying this," he said as he stared at the fight ongoing. The couple bickered for a bit which sent the man groveling into her feet.

"Explain her!" she shrieked at me and I hid behind brown haired guy who was watching amused at the show. "How are you going to explain her, cheater! Father of satan! Man whòre!"

Kevin turned to me and, if it was any possible, I shrunk deeper in brown hair's shadow. He stared at me for a few minutes, his mouth gaping open. The red haired woman glanced at me and to him and, in blinding rage, she punched him in the gut. "Cheater! You do know her don't you?!" She sobbed as tears began pooling in her eyes. "I trusted you!"

"Baby, please!" The alpha-- which made me rethink if he is one for groveling into her--glanced at me again before grabbing his girl by the waist and held her close to him. She thrashed and said a lot of curses in response. "I...she...she's not my woman!" He said as the woman calms down and turned to face the alpha. "She is one of the vampires."

Three heads whipped towards me and I felt exposed. I backed away, scared of what they might do. "What do you mean vampire?! She's clearly a lycan!" The woman spat as she pointed an exaggerated finger at me. Kevin shook his head vigorously.

"That lycan is to be the vampire King's wife."

To describe their faces would be comical. For real. Brown hair's eyes widened a fraction as Sullivan backed away, clearly surprised at the information. The red haired woman mouthed an 'oh' before turning to Kevin. "I'm sorry, baby. I just...I just get so jealous! The two women who came here made my blood boil so much! I love you to the ends of the world I just...I just..."

"Shh, shh," Kevin said before slamming his lips into her and that, people of California, is how they started their make out session.

In front of me.

I, with my jaw dropped and awkwardness creeping, must have been watching them for a minute already as the woman began whimpering and wrapping her legs around his waist while Kevin hitched her skirt higher. "Come on. We need to get you out of this place before someone sees you," brown hair said as he led me inside the door where Kevin had been. I walked behind him and noticed that there is a sign hanging from the door that says 'KEVIN'S HAVEN' painted in black ink.

Once I entered the tavern, the strong smell of beer and weed wafted. I coughed for a bit and waved the smell off before continuing. There was a small stair case, consisting of five to seven steps, leading down to bar. I looked around and saw that it was lie something taken out of a movie from the west: wooden tables and wooden chairs scattered in area and, placed on a small stage decorated with red curtains, is an organ, a banjo, and a guitar. A clean counter stretched long as liquors were lined perfectly. Behind the counter stood a cabinet which held more liquor seemingly in a beehive.

The wooden floor creaked under my weight and watched as brown hair jumped over the counter and drew out plates and glasses. "Would you like something to eat?"

I shook my head at that and he just shrugged. "Take a seat," he said at one stool in which I obliged.

"Umm..." I started as I fearfully glanced at the open door. "Am I...am I..."

"Safe?" He asked and chuckled darkly at that. "Honey, you're far from being safe if you are the vampire king's wife."

I shifted on my seat. " I know."

He didn't reply as he fixed me a drink: a glass of iced tea I am so glad to have. I was silently drinking on my stool when the door burst open, making me jump again and the drink spilling down my blouse. The red haired woman walked in, looking satisfied with her hair disheveled and her shirt inside out. She looked around and jumped towards me when she saw me.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry for mistaking you for one of his whòres," she gushed out as she held my hand. "That guy had a lot of affairs before so it just riles me up!"

I just nodded at her and smiled. "I'm Holly. Holly Greener."

"Melissa James," she said smiling at me. She looked down at my blouse and frowned. "You're a clumsy one, aren't you?"

Just a bit jumpy. I just nodded at her, tired of everything that happened to me so far. "I'll lend you some clothes. After all, you are going to meet up with Kevin. Come."

I followed her inside the room and she threw me some jeans and shirt. I headed to bathroom and closed the door behind me, sighing to myself. Staring at the mirror, I noticed how dirty I was. Blood from Gustav stained my clothes and my skin and dirt mixed with it, making me look like I've just won the Hunger Games.

A small smile graced my lips as I remembered watching the film with Harley.

He fancies the lead character.

I stepped out of the bathroom wearing jeans that fit snugly in my hips and a dark brown shirt with big bird in it. Melissa was waiting for me outside and smiled when she saw me. She asked me to follow her and I did. We exited the room and entered the empty bar again.

"You said you were pregnant?" She asked as we both headed for Kevin who was sitting on a an empty table, drinking a bottle of beer. I nodded at her. "I'm wondering," I asked as I turned to face her. "How your husband knew of my...engagement with Calvin?"

"Every pack in America knows it," came Kevin's reply as we arrived at the table. He motioned for me to sit down and I did. "Jeremy Schneider is a friend," he started as he took a swig from his bottle. "I think everyone in his phone book received a text from him about the news. I received it alright. And there were rumors about the vampire lord hanging out with a platinum haired lycan. When I saw you, I put two and two together: platinum haired, lycan, on the chase, a gathering not far from here. Not that difficult to understand, really."

"I'm Kevin O'hare."

"Holly Greener."

"I'm sure you've met Melissa," he nodded at her. "She's my mate."

I smiled wistfully at that. "I figured."

"So, how come you're here?"

I retold him about my small escapade and by the time he was done interviewing me, people began filing inside the bar the activity now full blown. "Gustav is a friend I just met," he said as he leaned back to the chair. "Go figure he'd send you to me."

"I'm sorry."

"People who come to me are in deep shit, you know."

I'm in really deep shit, alright.

"You should rest for the night and we'll wait for someone to pick you up," he nodded at me as he turned to Melissa who nodded at him before turning to me. Kevin just shook his head sympathetically at me. "Take care of her, baby," he said to the red haired who rolled her eyes at him.

"That's the exact words you said to your latest woman before she upped and left with important documents."

Kevin blushed, which is extremely an awkward sight to see considering he's a large man. "She's not Katarina, baby. Don't worry."

My eyes widened at the mention of the name.

"Katarina?"

Both Melissa and Kevin turned to me. "You know the bítch?" Melissa seethed as Kevin turned to me, his eyebrows furrowed.

Twenty fifth. Six thirty. Katarina.

Katarina.

"I..." I started as I returned to face Kevin. "Is she... By any chance from the rebellion or had a connection with it?" I asked. Sure there are a lot of Katarinas. Hell, I might even be wrong with where I'm going! The rebellion's warning just came into me like a rushing Boulder and now I'm jumping to conclusions.

"Nah, she's just a normal girl who stole some files from my office the other day," Kevin said and I sighed at that. "Although, she had a nice bar in Madrid. Maybe if the vampire King took you in your honeymoon you could visit it sometime?"

I blushed at the mention of the honeymoon. Not anytime soon, I think. I just smiled at that and followed Melissa to the second floor where a corridor with numerous doors came into view. The wooden floor creaked under my weight as I browse around the numerous rooms.

"This is...the pack house?" I wondered as I glance around family portraits hammered in the wall. Melissa laughed. "Nope, just an extension," she said as she turned to the farthest door and opened it, revealing a small, simple room with a small single bed and a cabinet.

"I'll leave you to it, huh? Take a rest. Hope Gustav will pick you up soon, we wouldn't want to endanger the pack." She said jokingly but I couldn't shrug off the feeling that she can't wait for me to go. I just gave her a smile. If it was my pack, I would have done the same too.

"I hope they come soon too."

When she closed the door, I jumped to the bed and decided to doze off.

It must be around midnight when I was awoken abruptly.

Groggy, I rubbed at my eyes and looked around only to glance at a lip ring. Brown haired lycan (okay, so I still don't know his name), was standing above me. I would have screamed and punched if if it wasn't for the worried look in his face. The room was already dark, the stars began sparkling on the sky and the sound of raucous music echoed from downstairs which made me wonder what time of the night it really is.

Before I could rudely ask him what the problem was, he pulled me by the wrist up in a way that my head lagged. "You have to go," he asked, breathless as he pulled me towards the door. Confused, I pulled back. He turned to me, a hard glare now in place.

"You have to go."

"Why?" I asked in a small voice. He pulled something from one of the cabinets and I realized they are flip flops and my handbag. He handed me my handbag and kneeled down and put the slippers in my feet while I stood there, still processing the situation.

"She's here."

She? "Who's she?"

He looked up to me in all seriousness. "Katarina."

Katarina? Katarina?! I thought she was in Madrid? And she isn't anyone important as Kevin said...right?

As if reading my thoughts, he grabbed my arms and shook me. "Listen, Holly Greener," a bead of sweat rolled down his forehead as he whispered the words. "He lied to you. Katarina is a vampire they are associated with. Melissa told me to get you and aid you in escaping."

I paled at the words. Kevin would...? But he's Gustav's trusted friend! Why would he... I whimpered at the thought of being captured as adrenaline began pumping into my veins, once again. God, don't these things ever stop?!

"Come on," he said and I just followed behind him. He opened the door for a bit before peeking outside, footsteps echoed toward us and we immediately closed the door but our ears were pressed in it.

"Is this the room you were going to lend me before you show me the girl?" The accent is heavy as the stranger-a woman- said.

"Yes," Kevin's gruff voice said and I stifled a gasp. "You must keep your promise though."

Katarina--who I assumed Kevin is talking to--laughed. "Of course, the rebellion offers you a whole mountain if I get the girl. Now, show me this room you are talking to so I may assemble my equipments."

A loud, muffled sound sent shivers down my spine. "That's a lot of equipment," the scheming alpha said. Again, the woman laughed at him and said ", it is a lot of I want to strap her down and take the abominable creature out of her womb, of course."

I covered a hand to my mouth as my eyes widened like saucers. I could feel the fear reigning me in again as I thought of what she said.

...I want to strap her down and take the abominable creature out of her womb...

...abominable...

...womb...

No...No! I won't let her!

"It is his wish to do so?" Kevin asked as we heard the door open again. "Aldrich is a hard man," the woman replied but her answer seemed distant. "He thinks the child would ruin everything he'd planned through."

The woman scoffed. "If the vampire King hadn't knocked the woman up, then she wouldn't be necessary. Should have saved the life of the child. Not that I'm complaining. After all, when there's some serious shít going on, Katarina gets paid really big for her services."

Kevin chuckled at the thought. "She's just for display anyway. I'm sure the council just want the attention in the couple to increase vampire alliance."

"That is so true. Besides, I heard the vampire council wanted to shift the responsibility to a vampire lord as well. I guess they realized that a lycan can't be the one for the vampire King. I mean, even I think they're not meant to be."

With that, the door closed behind and the corridor became quiet again. I wouldn't have moved if brown hair didn't and I was thankful for that. We both tiptoed out of the room and into the open window that leads to a small fire escape. He helped me over the window and into the metal railing; flicking the lock open, he slowly and quietly aided the ladder down, making everything inconspicuous.

What would I have done if they didn't come to save me? What would I do when she straps me in the bed and extracted the child inside? Tears came streaming down my face once more and I couldn't help but feel more helpless than before. I shouldn't have left the Winchester palace! I shouldn't have come with Calvin! I'm going to throttle him for this!

"Come on," brown haired said p, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Step down carefully."

I sniffed and, once again, pulled on my big girl panties before stepping into the ladder, determined to get out here alive. Fate must be laughing at me so hard. How many times did I encounter alleyway trouble and climbed down emergent fire exits? Enough for a life time, I'm sure.

Before I could descend, I turned to him. "Thanks so much. Tell Melissa I owe her."

He gave a wry smile. "It's a small price to pay," he said as he glanced back. "Melissa and I...we both grew on the streets once. And then Harley Bracken took us then and raised us as his own."

Harley? My mouth formed an 'o' before he continued. "We owe Harley a lot and, judging by the charm you wore, he wants you safe. We both want to return the favor," he said as his eyes landed on my leather bracelet. "Be careful, Holly Greener. Remember not all lycan respect the code the charm holds. But noble ones will always honor it."

I muttered him a thanks before climbing down the emergency exit. Thinking what to do next.

There is only one place safe for me here in California. And that would mean swallowing my pride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh where oh where shall she go? Hihi. I think this chapter sucked. I was hoping to some action but I think my hormones are dropping again so I was a bit lazy and lacked the imagination. I think, with the board exams coming, my right brain hemisphere atrophied, leaving me with my left to function.

And I don't even know if it was a good thing or a bad thing! But this is an extra long chapter, right?

Ugh. Anyway, vote, comment or follow?

-Ariel:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.2K 20
Cordelia Gray and her twin Connor Gray were born during the war between werewolf packs. The war lasted longer than any of the packs would've guessed...
5.3M 105K 48
12/23/18 #1 school 11/18/18 #8 beta Warning under massive construction. "God Makenzie! How many ways do I have to reject you just so you can underst...
512K 21.3K 59
*This is not your typical romance. My characters are deliciously wicked anD unrepentant. This book features very mature content that includes sex w...
177 1 17
I DO NOT OWN THE PICTURE, THE MEDIA OR THE CAUSE OF YOU NOT READING THE MATURE CONTENT WARNING. MATURE CONTENT IN THIS STORY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...