-MENTAL-

By bangtan_biased15

"I've been thinking exactly the same thing. In fact," Jimin lowered his voice, "I have a plan." "Tomorrow, we... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32

6

77 21 49
By bangtan_biased15

You planned on leaving the gas station as soon as possible.

You were still only hours away from the mental hospital, and you wanted to be as far away from it as you could while you were on the run.

On the run.

It's a phrase you never thought you would ever use for yourself. It gave you a bit of fear and thrill at the same time.

"So Yoongi, why the blue?" Jimin said while pointing at Yoongi's brightly colored head.

"Tired of the same old brown," Yoongi answered.

Man, this guy really was desperate.

All three of you were sitting in Yoongi's car, driving off to who knows where.

You had packed as much food as you could (that didn't need to stay cold) and it was all sitting next to you in the back seat.

You took a sip from some bottled coffee while listening to Jimin and Yoongi talk in the front seat.

It's almost completely dark out.

You think this is the longest time you've ever seen Jimin without him aiming for his black and blue hand and punching it.

The thought made you warm inside.

Jimin seemed to really enjoy Yoongi's company and vice versa.

Yoongi actually wasn't that bad.

You found out that he's only a few years older than Jimin, and he really doesn't get out much.

At all.

His gas station was your mental hospital.

As he explained how he flunked out of college and wasn't motivated enough to get a more exciting job than sitting in a chair all day and charging people for gas every hour, you felt bad for him.

Once it was black outside, Yoongi pulled off to the side of the road.

It was in another field again, so you weren't too worried about people spotting you.

You all unbuckled your seatbelts and stepped outside.

The sun was completely disappeared, and a full moon replaced it, sitting in the sky.

There were no clouds, and there were countless stars.

The three of you stood there with your heads lifted up in awe.

You realized something that didn't come up while you were in the car.

"Yoongi don't you have a home to go back to? Why bother to come with us when you live somewhere?" You asked.

Yoongi kept his head up, looking at the sky.

"I don't have a home," he said simply.

Of course.

The backpack sitting in the trunk with all those clothes.

Yoongi lived in his car. At the gas station. It was his home.

You felt bad for not connecting the dots sooner.

No wonder he was so angry with you and Jimin.

But... you did steal.

Yoongi yawned loudly.

Jimin laughed, "Didn't you get enough sleep earlier?" he asked.

"Y/n was right I was faking," Yoongi said.

With that Yoongi walked to the side of his car and opened his door.

"I'm going to get some sleep," he said, and climbed inside, reclined the chair, and dozed off.

You and Jimin looked at each other.

"Y/n we need to talk," Jimin said.

You responded with a "Sure."

Jimin walked towards the back of the car and opened the trunk. He shoved Yoongi's backpack to the side and hopped in.

You sat down next to him.

A full sky of stars sat clearly before you.

You and Jimin sat inches away from each other, both gazing once again at the incredible view in front of you when Jimin spoke.

"Why'd you yell stop?" He asked.

"Huh?" you responded.

"When I was about to punch Yoongi," he said.

You kind of shrugged.

"I just knew he wasn't going to really hurt me," you lied.

For some reason you were still hesitant to tell Jimin about your voices.

"Yeah, but how did you know?" he asked, "That he wasn't bad at all. I don't even catch onto things that quickly."

He had a point. Jimin was usually the one who had the quick, sharp ideas.

You decided to tell him the truth.

"Jimin," you looked at him, "You don't know the reason I needed to be monitored every night at the hospital."

He nodded at you, expectantly.

"I never wanted to bother you about it," he said, "It's only fair, I haven't told you why I arrived at the hospital."

You smiled. Jimin confirmed your unspoken bond: secrets.

"The reason is because I hear voices," you stated, "Almost every night."

Jimin kept looking at you.

"These voices, I believe, are real people," you paused.

"Yoongi was one of them," you say.

You didn't tell Jimin that he was one too.

"What do the voices say?" Jimin asked.

"The thing is I have no idea," You respond, "They're unintelligible sounds. Like in a different language. Sometimes they hum. They whisper, and they laugh."

"They sound terrifying," Jimin whispered.

You nodded, "They were at first. It's one of the main reasons I arrived at the hospital, but..."

You didn't tell Jimin that finding out he was a voice changed that for you.

You finished with, "Eventually they were comforting."

"And the voices are real people?" he asked.

You nodded and looked back at a sleeping Yoongi.

Jimin smiled.

"Y/n, you know this means... We need to find them," he said, "We had nowhere to go, but now we do... Well, sort of, but we can try and find all your voices!"

You nodded, "The thing is I don't know where to look. I found them- his, by chance." You motioned towards Yoongi.

"Like destiny," Jimin said.

You laughed.

"I guess you could call it that," you say.

You both sit quietly for a moment.

"Another thing," you turn back to Jimin, "Is that I'm pretty sure I needed to find Yoongi. I needed him to stay safe when you almost hurt him, and I think he needed us."

Jimin narrowed his eyes in understanding.

"It's all very confusing," you say.

You sigh and pull your knees to your chest, looking across the sky.

Jimin scooted closer to you, and you leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Thank you Y/n," Jimin said.

"For what?" you whispered.

"Never asking me why I was in the hospital," he said.

Now you never want to.

You reached out and held his bruised, broken hand and whispered, "I have a pretty good idea."

And as you fell asleep you realized that tonight was one of those very rare nights where the voices didn't come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 462 33
โ›๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต..... ๐“˜ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐”‚๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฏ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“น๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท... ๐“ข๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ธ'๐“ผ ๏ฟฝ...
22.5K 606 32
one night is all it took to fuck everything up. "let's go out they said." "it'll be fun they said" yoongi says laying in bed naked and now looking at...