Rough Edges (Levi Ackerman X...

By SomeGreekMalaka

A cheeky grin is plastered on his face and he lightly chuckles, "Because you silly brat," he cups my cheeks a... More

Introduction/ Author's Note
Chapter 1 - New Beginnings
Chapter 2 - Unexpected Friends
Chapter 3 - Survey Corps
Chapter 4 - New Recruits
Chapter 5 - Combat Training
Chapter 6 - A Gift
Chapter 7 - 23rd Expedition
Chapter 8 - True Colors
Chapter 9 - No Regrets
Author's Note - Story Update
Chapter 10 - Dark and Light
Chapter 11 - Hospital Bed
Chapter 12 - Starry Night
Chapter 13 - Medical Leave
Chapter 14 - Shiganshina Falls Part 1
Chapter 15 - Shiganshina Falls Part 2
Chapter 16 - The Aftermath
Chapter 17 - Dreams and Desires
Chapter 18 - Oh Brother
Information Excerpt 1 - Notes on the Captain's Squad
Chapter 19 - Old Friend
Chapter 20 - Expedition Preparations
Chapter 21 - The File
Chapter 22 - Worst Fear (Lime)
Information Excerpt 2 - File X-456-MP
Chapter 23 - Handsome Boy
Chapter 24 - That Day
Chapter 25 - Swimming Lessons
Chapter 26 - Confessed Feelings
Chapter 27 - The Truth
Chapter 28 - Special Delivery (Lime)

Information Excerpt 3 - Floriography

35 3 44
By SomeGreekMalaka

Floriography: The language of flowers. A means of cryptological communication through the use or arrangement of flowers. It is considered an ancient technique that has been used for years. Originally, this system was designed for secret lovers to communicate. Subsequently, most flowers have coined meanings related to love and affection. However over the years, the black market has reinvented their meanings. Now, countless criminals use this once-loving technique as a way to run their businesses undercover.

Flowers and Their Meanings

Aster: Signifies payment amount for job.

Begonia: Beware, danger ahead

Carnation (Pink): Acceptance of offer

Carnation (Yellow): Rejection of offer 

Carnation (Red): Pause mission, do not advance

Carnation (White): Go ahead with the mission/assignment

Daffodil: Come alone

Dahlia: Need two or more people (# of flowers represent how many required)

Daises: Schedule a meetup 

Geranium: Safe house secure

Hibiscus: Safe house compromised

Hyacinth (Blue): Job needed: Assassination

Hyacinth (Purple): Job needed: Gather intelligence

Hyacinth (Yellow): Job needed: Retrieve/steal an item

Hyacinth (White): Job needed: Abduction 

Iris: Common Military Police patrol route

Ivy: A sign of trust, mutual alliance

Lavender: A sign of distrust, commonly used between enemies

Lilac: Signifies body dump

Lotus: Declaration of peace

Marigold: Payment received 

Poppy: Signifies payment location

Rose (Red): Mission/job failed

Rose (White): Mission/job completed successfully

Rose(Yellow): Mission started but not finished, need more details

Rose (Dark Crimson): You've been targeted; something bad will happen in the near future

Tansy: Declaration of war between groups (Typically seen in gangs)

Violet: We have someone hostage (loved one, family member, employee, etc)

How To Arrange Flowers

Since each flower has a different meaning, it is important to make sure you are specific as possible when arranging the flowers. Typically, the flowers will be read from the shortest stalk to the longest. It is easiest to lay them along a towel. Make sure to be very careful when arranging and handling the flowers because the number of petals also have meanings.

If you are the sender/initiator, then you will wrap a white ribbon around the flowers. 

If you are the recipient, then you will wrap your response in a blue ribbon.

Always attach a small notecard with your insignia stamped in black ink. This will allow the sender or receiver to confirm your black market identity, which allows for easier communication. If you are targeting someone specific, then add their insignia as well, but attach it to the ribbon.

Most criminals use the same bars, restaurants, and parks when placing their arrangements. Location usually depends on the person and their relationship with whoever their contacting. 

Placement of the arrangement also has meaning. When indicating the general location of a meetup, hit, body, etc., you would place the arrangement on the north, east, south, or west side of wherever you choose. Underneath a window or tree indicates it's urgent. 

How to Interpret Arrangements

Reading messages from flowers can take a few times to fully understand the concept. Most people just start out with using daises to set up an in-person meeting. But more experienced criminals are able to solely communicate using this technique. 

With daises, the number of petals on each flower represents a date. So if you have four daises with their petals counting 0, 5, 2, 8, then that means you'll meet May, 28th. Again, make sure to always read them from the shortest to longest stalk. Daises are typically read first and always read together.

With asters, the number of petals represent how much money the recipient will receive for completing the job (if they're getting paid). For example, if you have four asters with their petals counting 5, 5, 0, 0, then that means you'll be paid $5,500. 

Since asters and daises come from the same family, it's hard to distinguish the two apart if all petals have been cut off. So they'll typically be tied separately. 

Examples of Interactions

Interaction #1

Sender's Arrangement: A blue hyacinth, three dahlias, and five asters (1, 2, 5, 5, 0) wrapped in a white ribbon are placed in the southwest corner of a common bar inside wall Rose used by mercenaries. A small picture of a bloody knife is stamped on a notecard.

-Interpretation: An assassination job is needed. Requires three people. Payment for successful completion: $12,550. Location of job: Southwest town inside wall Rose. Insignia: Kenny the Ripper.

Recipient's Arrangement: A pink carnation is left in the same spot with a blue bow wrapped around it. A picture of black wings and a fox head with a dash mark next to it are stamped on a notecard.

-Interpretation: Job accepted. Black wings insignia: Angel of Death; Fox insignia: The Sly Fox plus one. 

Sender's Arrangement: Four daises (0, 8, 2, 3) are tied together with a small map attached showing a vague looking castle.

-Interpretation: Meet at this location (Utgard Castle) on Aug. 23rd.

(When meeting in-person, the recipient gathered details needed for the mission. In a couple days, the three mercenaries carried out the hit).

Recipient's Arrangement: A white rose with the same insignias are placed at the original spot in the bar.

-Interpretation: Assassination completed successfully.

Sender's Arrangement: A poppy flower is placed with an encrypted map on top of a wine barrel.

-Interpretation: Signifies where to find payment. This type of encrypted map is only known to the recipient. Another poppy is placed in the middle of a field where the money was buried.

Recipient's Arrangement: A marigold is placed back at the same bar.

-Interpretation: Payment received 

Interaction #2

(Between two people who already sorted out a mission's plan)

Sender's Arrangement: A begonia and a red carnation are placed at the designated meet-up spot.

-Interpretation: Danger ahead, pause mission, do not advance.

Sender's Arrangement: A hibiscus, a red carnation, and an iris flower are placed along a path leading to a house.

-Interpretation: Safe house compromised, continue to stand-by with the mission. This route is commonly used by MP's, be careful.

Sender's Arrangement: A white carnation and a geranium are delivered to the recipient.

-Interpretation: Advance with the mission. Second designated safe house is secure.

Recipient's Arrangement: A white rose and a lilac with an encrypted map is left at the safe house

-Interpretation: Mission completed successfully. Map reveals location of the body.

Interaction #3

Sender's Arrangement: A violet, a tansy, and five asters (2, 5, 0, 0, 0,) tied together by a golden necklace are placed at the doorstep of a wealthy family.

-Interpretation: We have your daughter hostage (indicated by the necklace). This is a declaration of war between our families. Ransom: 25,000.

Recipient's Arrangement: A bundle of pink carnations are left outside their gate.

-Interpretation: We graciously accept your offer.

Sender's Arrangement: A bundle of lavender is delivered through the mail with a stamped letter giving clear details on where, when, and how to drop off the payment.

-Interpretation: We still don't trust you so don't try to pull anything. 

Recipient's Arrangement: Another bundle of carnations are left outside their gate.

-Interpretation: We graciously accept your offer.

Recipient's Arrangement: A poppy flower is placed on top of the location where the ransom money has been buried later that day. (Followed the directions in the ransom note).

-Interpretation: Signifies payment location.

Sender's Arrangement: A marigold along with a note describing where to find the daughter is sent via mail.

-Interpretation: Payment received, we will release your daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
132K 5.5K 99
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
661K 24.1K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
984K 60.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...