All about u || Benny Rodrigue...

Від ATLONGLASTSOFIA

"It's all about u" A girl goes to stay with a friend for the majority of the summer. She later meets a b... Більше

Story information
Chapter 1 𒊹︎ Packing and Leaving
Chapter 2 𒊹︎ Teammates
Chapter 3𒊹︎Proving them Wrong
Chapter 4𒊹︎The Beast and The Camp Out
Chapter 5𒊹︎The Pool
Tiny announcment ig?
Another announcment *lip bite*
Chapter 6𒊹︎Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chapter 7𒊹︎Night Game
HELLOO???
Chapter 9 𒊹︎Phillips vs Sandlot
Chapter 10𒊹︎The Fair
Chapter 11𒊹︎Not My Ball
Lil update😵‍💫😵‍💫
Chapter 12𒊹︎Any Ideas?
Chapter 13𒊹︎The Dreams
Chapter 14𒊹︎Face to face with the beast
Chapter 15𒊹︎Mr.Mertle
IMPORTANT QUESTION GUYS

Chapter 8𒊹︎Phillps

654 5 31
Від ATLONGLASTSOFIA

(Song attatched above^)

TW: This chapter contains fighting, blood, and sexual harassment! Please do not read if you feel uncomfortable with these topics

Sofia's POV:

I was up late texting Benny last night so when I woke up I was really tired. Benny went to bed at around 1am because he stayed up to talk to me and I read wattpad and scrolled on tiktok until 3 or 4. We were just sending each other memes, nothing special to be honest. I woke up to my phone vibrating really loud. Wendy was already at work so thankfully she wasn't here to get mad.

(^Ham rn)
[ew im updating this 2 years later and wtf was i thinking this convo makes absolutely no sense LMFAOOOO😭]

I was so embarrassed to the point I had to put my phone down. The way they acted was so painfully unfunny, it was funny. It was funny because they weren't funny, if that makes sense.

I put my phone to charge and I got up to go and pick an outfit from my suitcase. I was clueless on whether it was going to be hot or normal today so I just got normal clothes in case it would start to get hot later on.

(Imagine this outfit but ur wearing denim shorts and u don't have jewelry on, and the top is a little longer, but again imagine whatever u want idc^)

[also I just realized that I have this same top irl wtf]

I began walking to the sandlot after I had finished getting ready. A few minutes into our game, Benny was the batter.

Not surprisingly, nobody caught the ball, but he did get in a pickle. He made the home run though cause Ham didn't catch the ball on time.

All the boys moaned and groaned after Benny got to home.

"Nice one." I smiled.

"Thanks." He panted, stealing 2 quick sips from his water bottle.

We high fived and I was going to grab the bat since it was my turn, but I stopped because I heard bikes enter the field. I turned around to see what was going on.

I heard Squints yell, "Oh, no!"

All the boys looked at each other, then at the kids on their bikes. They all looked angry. What's going on?

All the boys started walking toward them, throwing their gloves on the ground, making sure to stomp on the way.

I didn't show any sort of sign that I was angry, I just looked at them neutrally because I had never seen them before.

A boy with a blue cap and a varsity jacket on opened his mouth to say something, but then stopped as soon as he saw me.

"Ay, Rodriguez I didn't know you got a girlfriend." The boy looked at me, smirked, then looked at Benny.

Here we fucking go again.

"Aha, it's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid, Rodriguez." The boy spoke.

"Shut your mouth Phillips!" Benny spat, pointing the bat towards him. His name was Phillips, obviously.

Please, imagine having to carry a child for 9 months just to name it Phillips. What a disappointment.

"What'd you say crap face?" Ham yelled.

"I said you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball! Except for Rodriguez, you're all an insult to the game."

"Come on! We'll take you on, right here, right now! Come on!"

"We play on a real diamond, Porter. You ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats!"

Shortly after Phillips had made that statement, both him and Ham began throwing back childish insults at each other.

"Watch it, jerk."

"Shut up idiot!"

"Moron!"

"Scab Eater!"

"Butt sniffer!"

"Puss licker!"

"Fart smeller!" Ham yelled, then Bertram sniffed the air then made an ah sound.

"You eat dog crap for breakfast geek!"

"You mix your wheaties with your mama's toe jam!"

"You Bob for apples in toilet...and you LIKE it!!"

Ham inhaled, "You play ball like a GIRL!"

Okay, what the actual fuck?

I get that he probably didn't mean that in a bad way towards me, but everyone acted like it was the worlds worst label or something.

I was already infuriated by Phillips, and I am not trying to let Ham add on to my frustration. I probably sound sensitive and dramatic, but you have to trust me when I say I don't get offended easily.

I was as red as a tomato, obviously Benny noticed because he whispered, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I whispered. Benny rolled his eyes, stating that he did not believe me at all.

"What did you say?" Phillips scoffed after a long period of silence.

"You heard me." Ham replied.

"Tomorrow. Noon. At our field. Be there Buffalo butt breath."

"Count on it, pee-drinking crap face!"

"Oh! and before I leave..." Phillips started walking up to Benny and I. Once he was in front of us, he continued speaking, "I hope you don't mind if your girlfriend-"

"We aren't dating, Phillips." Benny cut him off, irritation noticeable in his tone.

"Oh? Oh! Even better!" Phillips slightly cheered.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Doesn't matter. Besides, why would you like a guy like Benny, anyway? You're totally out of his league! Benny isn't very good looking. You, on the other hand, you can make a man drop to his knees and give you anything you want!"

"Shut up!" I raised my voice at him, hiding my uncomfortable feeling behind my loud voice.

"I mean, I could think of a few ways for you to make me shut up."

"Please, enlighten me. I just want you to shut the fuck up already cause you're voice sounds like nails on a chalk board."

"Playing hard to get, huh?"

"No, I just hate you."

He played my comment off my laughing, then continued to speak, "Well for starters, you could come over to my house and show me what is under those jeans." Just then he made an attempt to put his left hand on my wait and his right on my ass.

Before I knew it, my fist made contact directly to his jaw. A loud crackle was heard which made everyone wince and gasp. I didn't even feel the stinging and liquid seeping out of my split knuckles as I watched Phillips jolt backwards from the force of my hit.

Phillips slowly stumbled backwards as blood flowed from the bridge of his nose and tears fell from his eyes. He then collapsed to the ground, still conscious, but weak.

"Holy Shit!!" Benny gasped.

I ripped the bat out of Benny's hand and pressed it against Phillips chest so hard to the point where he started gasping and wheezing.

"Fuck! Stop it! You bitch!" He yelped between coughs.

I raised the bat and slammed the bat in between his legs. He screamed and gripped his hat.

"Who the fuck are you talking to like that?"

"You."

I raised the bat once again even higher before he started yelling.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Just please, let me go, I won't touch or talk to you like that ever again, I swear to god, man!" He begged, his face covered in blood, snot, tears, and dirt.

"You won't touch or talk to anyone like that. Do you understand?" I asked, emphasizing the word anyone.

He nodded and yelled "yes" frantically.

I waited a few seconds before taking the bat off of him and slowly stepping back. He slowly wobbled up and stared at me.

"Leave!" I yelled.

He grabbed his bike and ran out of the field, sort of limping along with his teammates.

Maybe I went to far...but he is in the wrong for trying to touch me inappropriately and for teasing my friends. He greatly deserved that.

Ham ran up to me. "Yo! That was incredible! You really beat his ass."

"I know." I grumbled, not thinking about what I said or the tone I used.

"Are you mad about the 'playing ball like a girl' thing?" Ham tilted his head.

"Honestly, I don't care at all about it. Not compared to what Phillips did. But you should still be careful about that whole girl ball player type of shit" I handed the bat back to Benny and started walking towards the exit.

"Why are you leaving? You know I didn't mean it like that."

"Huh? Oh I'm not leaving because of that. I have to clean myself up or else someone will think I murdered someone."

"What are you ta- oh...ew that's gross."

I didn't even notice the blood all over myself until Ham talked to me.

"I'll be back tomorrow. I'm really tired and I'm dirty so I'll probably stay at home for the rest of the day." I yelled from across the field.

I was about to walk out of the sandlot until Benny came up to me.

"Do you need help cleaning up? Besides, if you walk home like that, someone is going to think you killed someone."

"I mean I kind of almost did."

"Whatever. I'm going with you." Benny rolled his eyes playfully.

He walked in front me so he could somewhat hide my blood-stained shirt.

I walked into the house which was still empty and led Benny to the bathroom. I opened the cabinet with the first aid kit and opened it. I sat on the counter so he could clean my knuckles since I was too hurt to do it, according to Benny.

There was a really awkward tension in the room, so I tried to start a random conversation. "So, what are you planning on doing the rest of this summer?"

"Baseball."

"Nah, for real?" I joked, knowing that the whole baseball thing was obvious.

"Yes, for real." Benny laughed.

"Okay, besides baseball."

"Nothing."

"Wow. Your life is baseball, huh?"

"I mean, kind of."

"Kind of? What do you mean kind of?"

"There's a certain girl and shit." He blushed, dragging on the word shit.

"Is she hot?"

"Super hot. Why, do you think I could pull her?"

"Not in a weird way, but you could pull her. 100%, trust me."

He giggled, "Wow. Thanks for giving me confidence."

"Anytime."

"Also, I was wondering...do you wanna come with me to see a movie this weekend?"

"Sure! What movie were you thinking of?"

"Luca. That one movie with the Italian sea monsters?"

"I've been wanting to see that movie, so sure!" He laughed.

"You seem so excited. I'm not surprised though, aren't you a diehard Disney fan?"

"Uh, yes! The fuck? Disney is my favorite thing ever!"

Benny giggled at my excitement over Disney related things, "That's cute."

The tension got even more awkward after that comment was made but I just tried to ignore it.

He finished putting the band aids on my hands and before he let my hand go, he started talking again.

"Also...about that girl I was talking about earlier"

"What about her?"

He paused and then locked eyes with me. After what felt like hours, he began to stare at my lips.

I started getting hot and my hands started shaking. I never kissed anyone before, was he even trying to kiss me? I didn't know what to do, but I obviously didn't want to NOT kiss him.

I just followed his lead and began leaning in. As soon as our noses were about to touch each other, we heard the front door swing open, "IM HOME!!!" Wendy yelled from down the hallway.

Fucking shit Wendy!

Benny and I both jumped at sound of her foot steps coming towards the room.

We had very little time to react, so I hoped off of the counter and began putting away the first-aid stuff.

"Hey girl what's u...oh hi Benny!"

"Uh...hey!" Benny awkwardly laughed.

Wendy raised an eyebrow because she knew we were nervous about something.

She looked directly at me, "Oh my God did you guys f-"

"ALRIGHT WENDY BENNY IS GONNA GO BACK TO THE SANDLOT. BYE BENNY!!!" I cut her off, leading Benny to the door.

"I'm sorry, all of that was so awkward." Benny covered his face.

"No it's okay, I'll meet up with you at the sandlot tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye." I closed the door and went upstairs to Wendy's room. Wendy sat on her bed, criss cross with her hands in between her thighs.

"Spill." She smirked.

"Nothing happened. I swear!"

"Lies."

"I swear on 2pac and Biggie Smalls"

"Oh shit, so you are telling the truth. Why were you so awkward though? And why is there blood on your shirt?"

"I beat someone up. That's why I was putting away the first aid kit because Benny was helping me clean my hands."

"Oh. Why did you beat someone?"

"They tried touching me and they were teasing everyone at the sandlot."

"Oh I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Do you need anything?" She hugged me really tightly.

"I'm alright. Thank you. After all, I think I got it under control." We both giggled and I went to change my shirt.

I just got a plain black long sleeve shirt and put it on.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. Nothing special happened.

I ate lunch, watched tv and gossiped with Wendy. Ate dinner, watched more tv, showered, got out my baseball stuff for the game tomorrow, and then went to bed.

I was pretty relaxed, but I was still so shocked that Benny and I almost kissed. It was so awkward, but weirdly exciting at the same time. I honestly regret not kissing him sooner.

Fuck, did I seriously just say that?

A/N: Almost 2300 words!! Sorry this chapter was especially long, but I hoped you enjoyed reading about Sofia kicking Phillips ass LMAO.

-Sofia <3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

4.2K 43 22
☆FemReader Y/n Y/l/n just moved to San Fernando Valley. Y/n fears she won't know anyone in the town. However, she is surprised to find an old friend...
17.6K 106 55
Rowan Hart is the new girl at school, seems like a basic story huh? Not really. She attempts to befriend Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez. Rowan has alwa...
46.6K 568 28
I do not own the sandlot characters but I do own the other ones and most of the story it's 2020 Benny is a 17 year old baseball player and he has be...
10.5K 91 13
summer of 93. the summer of baseball. the summer of heat. the summer of love. ~ ~ ~ started: 6.2.2021 finished: 10.4.2021