Resting my eyes

By justkeepswimminghoe

The Harper household has always been a strict one, one with firm words and sharp eyes. Yet like every other s... More

Introduction
The quaffle cushion
Leave her the fuck alone
Please dont tell me I have to kill it
I was being witty
But you can call me anytime
No fucking way
Sup bitch
Run
Posts here
Beautiful but prickly
Why hello there
Whats adorable?
Splendid specimens
In dream land
My best friend
You're safe
What did you do
Your gonna hit me
Stupid Scottish accent
Hypnotising
Sweaty quidditch players
Don't kill me
Sunshine
Bitch slapped
The rules
Mother
To my lovely
Chipmunk
A natural charmer
Poor tadpoles
Goldilocks
Very.......exciting lesson
Proper sleep
Sinners
Experiment
Freak
Regret nothing
Cheating scum
Sexy beast
Present you with Cat
This, girl is on-
Put, her, down
What love looks like
I know
Saftey precautions
The right person
Cliché
Dumbles
Please love
Play for me
Trust me
Packed with muggles
Really strict
Girls?
An apology and a cup of tea
Feel safe yet
Fought a dragon
One love, one house
Lipstick
Meant nothing
Flirting
Not fictional
Whom
M'lady
Surprise
I'm fine
Pain and fear
I'm a monster
A weapon they can't control
Dance on its ashes
Highway to Hell
You lumpy potato
A rubber duck
Marshmellows
Someone I love
Sensed it
But you did
Admiring the view
Michelle
Look at me
Children
With who?
Phase
Say something
Doesn't that count?
Nothing
Tentacle-, monster-, bitch-,
Shoot it
The night before the last

Pufflehuffle

61 5 7
By justkeepswimminghoe

"Cassie my lovely, I was brought here to get you out of this thing, if I don't, I think Chance is gonna hit me, so...." Fred glanced at Chance, who had his arms folded and was tapping his foot impatiently, with a stern expression. Fred cleared his throat and gazed back at the large dome made of flames that Cassandra had surrounded herself in.

Today there was a Hogsmeade trip, normally the girl would be excited about leaving the castle to stock up on pranking supplies and sweets, but there was a boy who was jumping for glee about a date Cho had set him and Cassie up on for the day. So, Cass resorted to conjuring a dome of fire around her, a dome that nobody could pass except her.

"No fucking way, am I letting this down!" Cassie shouted out in reply, Cho turned to Chance with a scowl of disgust.

"See the way she's scared to let her dome thing down," she started, "it's a metaphor, that dome, is her wall. Ok? And the last time she let her walls down, she got hurt, that's on you. This whole thing is your fault." Cho shook her head, turning her nose up.

Fred, George and Lee all frowned at Chance in confusion, but didn't question it when Chance rolled his eyes dismissively. Suddenly Cho sucked in a quick breath.

"Wait how is she doing this dome thing-?"

"Cedric fainted when I told him what a period was!" Caterina blurted out in a panic with wide eyes, attempting to distract the Ravenclaw. Cho spun around to her in shock.

"No, really? Oh my Merlin, he really didn't know what it was?" Cho asked, bringing all her attention on Cat. Cat sighed in relief and nodded. Chance forced out a loud scoff.

"He didn't know? Pff, what-what an idiot." He laughed nervously, glancing at Cat every other second. Cho and Cat stared at him, then shared a look.

"Do you what a period is?" Cho questioned, with eyebrows raised. Chance rolled his eyes, and smiled awkwardly, as if the answer was obvious.

"Yeah, duh, of course I do." He responded, the girls waited expectingly, Chance huffed. "Come on, there the Medieval Period, the Renaissance Period, Neolithic-, I could go on." The boy paused, studying the looks he was getting. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

While Chance, Caterina and Cho argued, George and Lee sniggered at Chances attempts to impress Cat with his knowledge, and Fred circled the dome of fire, with a face full of curiosity.

The older twin zoned out for a moment with a goofy smile on his face, happy that Cassandra didn't want to go on this date as much as he didn't want her to. While Fred dazed into space, he tripped on a small crack on the stone floor, falling straight towards the burning red and orange flames.

Automatically, Fred's hands went forward to break his fall, a gasp emitting from his lips. He squeezed his eyes shut in anticipation for the searing pain, but after an awkward moment or two, he peeked one eye open.

Fred's eyebrows shot up in pleasant surprise mixed with confusion, when the worse thing he felt was a mere tingle in his hands. He stared at the way his arm stopped at his wrist, the rest swallowed by the fire. The boy leaned forward into the fire, still not feeling any pain, he scoffed with joy, then let out a high pitch squeal when a hand smacked his own.

Next, Cassandra poked her head out of the dome, frowning with suspicion at a guilty looking Fred. She glanced over at the rest of their friends, then reached out and grabbed the boy, yanking him in with her.

When Fred was able to stand up straight, he marvelled at the flames surrounding them both, with a slack jaw. Cassie turned to him with narrowed eyes, then caught sight of his astonishment and blushed slightly. She shook her head and wiped off her shy smile.

"How come you didn't get burned?" Cass questioned with puzzlement. Fred shrugged casually, still examining above them.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked, making Cass gaze at him thoughtfully, then Fred looked back at her, staring deep into her eyes. "We're soulmates." He whispered teasingly and smirked. Cassie rolled her eyes and pushed him out, finally letting the dome down.

Cho turned around with a huge smile, bringing a tampon away from Chances face, the Slytherin sighed in relief, relaxing against the wall he backed into when things got intense.

"Finally!" Cho exclaimed, making Cassie force an awkward smile at the girl. "He's probably waiting for you." Cho skipped over to Cass and linked arms, starting to drag her down the hall. "I'm sure you'll love him, Zephyr doesn't think he's your type, but she said that with everyone I suggested, so, I wouldn't worry." At that Cass bit her lip, a frown tugging at her mouth, but she didn't say anything.

"Let's go!"

***

"If you brought me out here to murder me, trust me when I say you won't be very successful." Cassandra stated, examining the tall trees around her. She then squinted her eyes at the curly haired boy. "You're not actually Dumbledore using poly juice potion are you? Cause man that's just creepy."

The boy threw his head back in confused laughter, tightening his grip slightly on Cassies hand, making her force down her blush. "Cassandra what are you on about?" He questioned, with a large smile across his face. Cass sniggered slightly, glancing down at her feet.

"I'm just saying. It's a bit sus that for our first date you bring me out to a forest behind Hogmeade. I've never even heard of a Cooper Pierce before today, no offense." She replied, with a grin. Cooper rolled his eyes playfully, even though Cass couldn't see his face.

"Please, I know I wasn't the only one going mad in Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, the pink was blinding you from my good looks and we can't have that now can we." Cooper joked with a smirk. Cassie let out a scoff laced with laughter. "And I don't blame you for not knowing me really. I'm not one for staying in the spotlight, despite my main character facade." This time it was Cass to roll her eyes, she continued to glance around the forest, aware of the creatures that lay within it.

"What and I'm one for being in the spotlight?" She asked, with eyebrows raised. Cooper glanced back over his shoulder to her, giving her a look.

"Of course!" He exclaimed with a soft laugh, the sound only getting louder when he seen Cassies puzzled expression. "Oh come on, you're Cassandra Harper, everybody either wants to be you, or be with you." Cass shook her head at his statement, refusing to believe his words.

"Oh please! That's so not true." She retorted, Cooper, catching sight of the amusement in Cassies eyes, grinned.

"Yeah ok, you keep telling yourself that Your-Highness." He sniggered, ducking slightly when Cassie hit his arm with her free hand.

"Shut up." Cass scoffed, a smirk dancing on her lips, making Cooper smirk right back.

He stopped suddenly and pulled Cass into his chest, leaning in close to her. "Make me." He whispered teasingly, laughing at the blush that took up Cassies face. She scoffed loudly at him and shoved him back, ignoring the flutter in her stomach.

"You are such a flirt." Cass exclaimed jokingly.

"Oh you don't even know." Cooper started. "I haven't even turned my flirt on yet." He went on, with his hand pressed to his chest, dramatically, Cassie rolled her eyes at his words. "It's pretty dangerous actually, only used in special occasions. I can show you, but just be warned."

Cassandra gave him a nod of approval, telling him to go ahead. She folded her arms across her chest and raised her eyebrows expectingly, if she saw herself now, she would've been reminded of her little sister when Cass wanted to show the young girl how to steal sweets from the kitchen in Harper Manor.

Cooper turned around, with his back facing Cass, getting ready. Cassie held down a belly laugh when he spun around with a fuck boy face on. He stroked his chin slowly and strolled over to one of the many trees around them. The boy put his hand up to lean against it, missing completely and falling straight forward, breaking character.

Cass couldn't hold it in and burst into laughter, almost falling over in the process. Cooper poked his head up and rolled his eyes playfully at her, he got up just as Cass wiped fake tears from her eyes. He grumbled and she grumbled right back teasingly, both having smirks across their faces.

Cooper gently grabbed her arm and kept leading her through the forest, Cassie laughing along the way. They stopped at a large tree, looking up, Cass could already tell that it was the tallest one yet. She glanced over at Cooper, feeling the warmth of his hand leave her own.

She frowned when he began climbing up the bark, pulling himself up, branch by branch. Cass admired his strength for a moment or two before snapping back into reality.

"You want me to climb a big tree? This is what you dragged me out for?!" She shouted up at him, Cooper glanced down at the girl and grinned, nodding enthusiastically.

"No, no!" He paused, making Cass squint. "I want you to swim up it!" Cassie scoffed loudly at his sarcasm, annoyed cause she knew she'd say the exact same thing if they were switched. "What, is the brave Gryffindor to scared to climb a tree?!" Cooper shouted down, noticing she hadn't moved yet.

The boy looked away for five seconds tops, when he looked back he frowned at the empty spot on the ground.

"And here we have a lost Pufflehuffle, normally these guys are found getting high with Professor Sprout and Trelawney. So this is a pretty rare sighting indeed." Cass narrated, with a raspy voice, making Cooper jump in surprise.

Cassie laughed at his shocked expression and let out a squeal when the boy pushed her over slightly, placing his hand on her back so she didn't fall.

They both climbed as far as they could go, almost out of breath when they settled down. Cassie looked down at the far away ground. "You're gonna push me off aren't you?" She asked.

Cooper nodded. "Yes, yes I am." He answered simply, smiling when Cass shrugged casually. She went to reply, when she finally glanced up around her, a small gasp slipping past her lip.

"Holy Salazar." Cass breathed out, her blue eyes lighting up at the view. Cooper sighed happily.

"Worth the walk?" He asked, searching her expression.

"Definitely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.5K 55
The Wizarding World had their hero, Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived. But who they didn't know they needed, and perhaps just as much, was their secret...
12.6K 830 111
⋆⭒˚。⋆BOOK 1 OF 3⋆⭒˚。⋆ What if Harry and Draco weren't enemies because of a rejected friendship or jealousy? What if it was because they both fell for...
356 26 11
#FANFICTION Cassandra, a muggle-born witch, was a late bloomer in the magic world, she got her letter to Hogwarts when she was sixteen and had only...
102K 2.5K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...