MY BOSS & HER ASSISTANT | NAT...

By ejsstories

As far as inappropriate relationships go you've played it fairly safe most of your life, well that's what you... More

Romanoff LLC
Child's Play
Easy A
Liquor, Lies & Licenses
Sins & Seduction
Hotel Rooms
Repercussions
Pleasure Doing Business
Secrecy
New Girls
At Her Mercy
Secret Affairs
Breaking News
Answers
Taste Your Mistake
Date Ideas
Guilty Conscience
Invisible & Irresistible
Break Her Heart & She'll Yours
Tainted Hearts & Old Memories
Sleepless Nights
Aphrodite
Engagment Dinner
Take Me Home
Promise Me You Love Me
60 Days With Professor Romanoff
Irresistibly Sinful
Not an update-
NEW BOOK ALERT
Pain Isn't Pretty
What If
Wanting & Needing
Marked Heart
GROUP CHAT
Romantics for Life
Help

The Truth Is A Matter Of Circumstance

31.8K 925 4.5K
By ejsstories

-TWO YEARS LATER-

NATASHA'S POV-

"Wanda!" I call out. She lifts her head from a concentrated stare on her computer smiling. She makes her way inside my office shutting the door behind her.

"You know I'm very busy Natasha."

I hum "the IT guy came by this week to set up this new system look," I show her my computer screen "with one click and a computer ID number I can see what anyone on this floor is doing at any given time... the threat is supposed to boost productivity... and to avoid people using the work computer for personal use."

She hums as she nods her head "but you wouldn't put that on my computer, would you?"

I shake my head "No, no of course not."

She sighs happily.

"Go ahead though, book the hotel," I smirk.

"Huh? I thought you... you've been watching what I've been doing!"

I laugh, "no I told you I wouldn't, but you did just use my email to create an account on the hotel website."

"Sorry it's a habit... so I can book it?" She asks sweetly.

I nod my head, "we could use the weekend away."

She walks behind my chair, running her hands over my shoulders. She links her arms around my neck loosely as she bends down to my ear level kissing my neck and jaw, "thank you."

"Wanda," I breathe, "you should probably stop that."

Her hand toys with the necklace around my neck as she continues to leave light kisses along my neck up to my jaw.

"Everyone knows we're together... plus it's my way of saying sorry for last night."

Last night Wanda and I had been arguing over Maria. Wanda loves Maria but her trust issues are beyond repair, every business trip Maria and I take together Wanda's convinced something's happening. Normally, Wanda comes along too but with the growth of the firm this last year or so, I've needed someone, ironically, that I trust to stay here and keep things running smoothly.

Of course, nothing was or is happening with Maria, but she doesn't know that so every time I get back from a trip she's always a little down.

She knows deep down that I'd never cheat on her so she hardly ever brings up her worries with me, but Wanda is the type of girl who needs to get her emotions out, if she bottles them up all hell breaks loose once she finally lets them out, absolute chaos.

So, I'll spend hours and hours on end slowly prying them out of her and eventually she blurts out something along the lines of 'you and Maria spend a lot of time together or 'why does she look at you like that?'

Not to be that person but there really is nothing going on with Maria and I and she doesn't look at me any type of way, I'm not entirely sure she's even into women, besides the point, all that Wanda thinks she sees is just in her head.

That's not to say she's crazy, I'd be worried if it were the other way around, it goes both ways but I'd be lying if I didn't find it insulting every time she insinuates that I'm cheating.

Either way each time we argue Wanda feels guilty the next day for suggesting I'd cheat on her when she knows that I wouldn't.

"Wanda everything is fine, but you seriously have to stop that," I breathe heavily.

"Am I turning you on, Miss Romanoff?" She whispers.

I place my hand over hers, rubbing my thumb over her skin "It's like you want to get fucked on this desk," I say half-jokingly.

She giggles quietly still placing kisses on my neck "something like that."

"Miss Maximoff," I scold jokingly.

"I'm sorry I just can't help it," she whispers.

I turn my head so that I can see her face, "I promise you, we can continue all of this later."

I turn back around after hearing tapping on the glass, Maria walks in, files in hand. "Hey, I've got everything ready for our meeting with the client later today."

"Wonderful, I'll go through the deposition with you now then you can meet me back here at like 1ish just after lunch and we'll take my car."

"I'll take this as my queue to leave," Wanda smiles as she leaves my office.

I start going through the deposition with Maria quickly updating her on anything she needed to know, just like usual she takes in everything I say quickly, occasionally noting down anything important she need to remember.

Yet another tapping on my door startles Maria and I out of concentration. Wanda awkwardly struggles to open the door with coffee in her hand. Maria quickly gets up to open the door for her.

"Figured I go on the coffee run just before lunch starts to avoid the rush."

"Thanks," I say as I take the to-go cup from her hand.

I look out over the office watching everyone packing away their things "you know we could just order food to come up here." I tell them both.

Maria peeks her head round to see out of the glass, watching the chaos carefully, "yeah that sounds best."

"Ever since the firm started hiring more it feels like there are a thousand more people here," Wanda adds.

"That's because there are a thousand more people, not all on this floor of course but yeah we've been hiring a lot more people to handle the sheer number of clients that we have." 

Maria laughs, "I knew you'd been hiring a lot more people but damn that's a lot."

Wanda nods, "right! She's the reason it takes 20 minutes to get half-decent coffee."

"Doc my pay to cover the cost of hiring but take away my coffee and we're going to have a problem," Maria jokes.

Once upon a time, I'd never have been this friendly with my employees, but I've changed as a person.

"You two pick somewhere to eat," I tell them.

I watch over the employees as they leave, the bing of elevator doors opening and closing as they rush out for their lunch hour. I watch the floor slowly start to empty until one person catches my eye.

Black stilettos, black pantsuit, black lace ensemble peeking through a sheer black blouse, and deep red lipstick. The woman walks with her head tall each step and sway of her hips radiating expense and success.

I take in a deep breath as my eyes lock with hers, eyes I haven't seen in what feels like forever. Wanda's eyes follow my stare, shortly followed by Maria's eyes. All of us are now fixated on the woman we used to know.

"She-" Maria starts.

"Looks different." Wanda finishes.

Perfectly curled hair bounces over her shoulders as she makes her way over to my office, a proud smirk on her face, black leather binder in hand.

Without a knock, she opens the door. "Y/N?" I question.

She gulps as she lets out a shaky breath. "I'm not staying for long I just need to ask you to sign something for me." Her voice is just as soft as it'd always been only now, she seems to hold a level of pride and authority I'd never heard in her before.

"Sign something?" I question, still in complete shock by her presence. Judging by Wanda's face she's just as surprised as I am.

Y/N hands me over the binder in her hand opening it to the front page. I start flicking through the pages, reading over the contract in front of me.

She wants a merger, she wants me to help save her firm, well not her firm.

"Oh, you have to be kidding me." I laugh sarcastically.

"Like I said I need you to agree to this." She says sternly, avoiding eye contact with me as she speaks.

"And what makes you think I'd agree to a merger with Mrs. Danvers, I understand her firm has been struggling lately but you, of all people she sent you here to ask me to sign the papers, no meeting, no preposition just a request from you." I laugh.

I wipe a tear that'd started to build up from all the laughter "I'm sorry, it's not funny," I laugh again, "no it's definitely funny."

Y/N turns to face Wanda and Maria. "Would you give us a minute please?"

Maria and Wanda awkwardly leave.

"Natasha, I need you to do this."

"You married your professor and now you want me to save her firm, me!" I shout, now that the laughter has faded all that seems to be left is hurt and anger so fresh it's like the day she'd left.

She clears her throat as she looks down at her hands, my eyes follow. "Oh," I say quietly.

"No, no I didn't marry my professor, not that it'd be any of your damn business if I did, you made it very clear to me you never wanted me so frankly who I marry has nothing to do with you," she snaps sternly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question confusedly.

"You and Wanda didn't wait long, did you?" she sneers.

I gulp feeling the pit in my stomach slowly start to consume me "You sa-" she cuts me off "I just need you to sign this... I won and you owe me this."

"Y/N it's been a little over two years since anyone has seen you, you dumped your letter of resignation with Wanda you didn't so much as give anyone a goodbye... you just left."

"I did the best I could, and I told you to call me, and you never did, I waited and waited and you never called!"

I shake my head "you never told me to call."

"In my letter, I left you a letter inside of the envelope with my resignation."

I look at her slightly confused "I never got a letter."

TWO YEARS AGO-

WANDA'S POV-

"Wanda, can I talk to you?" A voice speaks quietly. I look up to see Y/N standing in front of my desk, her eyes are red as if she'd just been crying. "I haven't seen you all week," I tell her. My heart aches as my eyes lock with hers. The broken façade of herself standing in front of me turns my stomach.

Fury building within me as I battle mentally with myself.

Kiss her.

Slap her. 

Do nothing.

"Please just come outside with me, I don't want to see anyone," she speaks quietly. I reluctantly follow her downstair, to a bench outside the office. We sit side by side.

"Y/N what's going on?" I question.

"I'm leaving, I've been offered another job. I figured I could use some space." She hands me over a brown envelope.

"Your letter of resignation?" I question even though I know exactly what it is.

She hums.

I gulp, feeling the lump in the back of my throat swelling "So you're leaving?"

"Effective immediate." 

I watch her toy with the string of her hoodie. Her hair is pulled back out of her face loosely. I reach over taking hold of her hand, "you don't have to leave."

"Wanda, I want the best for you and I wish I could give you that but you and I both know I can't, you can't forgive me for what I've done and it'd be wrong of me to assume you could."

"I can forgive you," I tell her half convincingly as my eyes well with tears.

She shakes her head "even if you could forgive me, you can't do it now. You're hurting and I won't take advantage of that."

I sit closer to her until her arm wraps around me holding me tightly, I rest my head on her shoulder, she then rests her head on top of mine.

"I'm sorry," she whispers.

Her free hand holds on to mine "stay," I say quietly.

"It's not that easy."

I sniffle. "I want you, just tell me you want me back."

"Wanda, I saw you and Natasha. I can't be around either of you. Last night I came back to talk, and I saw you both- I- Wanda me leaving will be best for all of us. I'm so sorry for lying to you. Maybe one day you could call me, and we can talk?" She sobs.

My heart breaks as she stands up, letting go of me as she walks away. Leaving me alone, in the cold with nobody and no chance to explain why I'd been with Natasha.

Y/N had come back to finally make her choice and when she did, she saw me with Natasha, an old friend, a one-night stand, nothing more nothing less.

I pull myself together as I head back up to the office. I slide Y/N's resignation out the envelope reading over her words, my tears dampening the ink ever so slightly.

"Wanda, what's up?" Natasha asks as I walk through her office door.

"She's left."

I pass her everything over to read. I watch her eyes well with tears as she quickly shoves everything into her desk draw.

PRESENT-DAY-

Y/N POV-

"I put my letter in the envelope with my resignation."

Natasha starts routing through her practically overflowing desk draws until she finally pulls out my now creased letter of resignation followed by the envelope. By now the edges of the brown paper have curled and creased with all the time it's been tucked away.

Her eyes scan over my letter. She gulps "so you chose."

"I did."

"And when you came back to tell-" I cut her off "I saw you both together, yes."

"Y/N I'm sorry I never saw the letter, I wouldn't have slept with her if I had known," She says sorrowfully.

"It doesn't matter now; I heard the two of you are together," I say changing the subject.

She nods her head "Just over a year, it took us a while after everything, we didn't just move on from you."

"Well, I'm happy for you, both of you," I breathe out slowly.

She nods her head softly "If I'd had known things would've been different. Don't you think?"

"Or perhaps things would've always ended up like this... after all it's just fate."

She hums as she picks up a pen "I'll sign, I do owe you."

"I'll continue to work at Mrs. Danvers' office, but I'll be back and to quite a lot for meetings assuming that should our companies merge I keep my position as a junior partner. All other details can be discussed with Mrs. Danvers once I tell her what I've done."

She shakes her head "I'm proud of you, you deserve your place as junior partner... but you're still doing things behind your boss' back, you never learn do you Y/N?"

"Mrs. Danvers has too much pride and too little hope to come here herself, but I know this decision is logical, your firms growing, and you need more space we have an office and plenty of top tier Lawyers at your disposal and you still owe me... I get the credit for the merger which puts me in a good position to one day become a senior partner, you get a bigger firm for a relatively cheap price, you'll hold the majority of the shares and therefore have the most power and Danvers doesn't lose everything she's worked for. Win-win situation." I state my argument clearly.

"You've gotten good at this," she says as she signs her name on each line marked with an 'x'.

"For what it's worth if Carol's firm wasn't struggling the way it is I never would have asked anything like this of you."

She raises her brow "what would you have asked for, you could've had anything in the world, what would you have picked?"

I laugh quietly "a bic pen."

"You really would've picked a BIC pen?" She questions as she laughs. Her laugh slowly fades into silence as our eyes lock with one another. "There's only one thing I wanted from you, and I didn't need a contract to get a yes or no."

"You chose me, and I never knew," she whispers. My hand brushes over hers as I pull the contact from under her "maybe it's best you never knew, things worked out okay in the end didn't they?"

"I guess so, anyway I'll be in touch to set up a meeting but for now I have a client to see, I'm sure Wanda can see you out." She tells me as she stands up in front of me.

Looking at her now is no different from looking at her two years ago, green eyes sparkling, red hair shining, and perfect scarlet-red lips.

I nod my head as Natasha shows me out of her office over to Wanda's desk, standing beside her is Maria.

"I'm sorry we never stayed in touch much," I say as I hug Maria.

"I've missed you like crazy you know that it's boring without you," she laughs then looks over at Natasha then to Wanda "no offense."

"I've missed you too," I say as I wave. Her and Natasha now heading off to some meeting with some client somewhere leaving me alone with Wanda.

"So you're back?" She asks quietly.

"I guess so, kinda." I shrug.

"I'm sorry I never called... I wanted to but things got complicated and then time passed and I figured you'd have moved on."

I nod my head softly "It's okay, I tried and I almost moved on but I never found anyone that could even remotely compare."

"Still I should've called, I hate that we threw away everything we had over one little thing."

"Wanda it wasn't one little thing I really messed up, I'm still sorry for what I've done but you're happy now right?"

She looks down at her hand smiling, my eyes lock on the sparkling diamond on her finger "right." She says doubtfully.

"You're engaged?" Aching pain shoots through my body at the thought of the two of them together.

She nods her head "as of last month."

"I'm glad things worked out."

She hums "I guess so."

A/N- Heyyyy so now you know who she picked...

but if you think the decisions been made, if you think this is the last choice to be made and if you think there's nothing left to know you'd be wrong I'd like to introduce you all to My Boss and Her Assitant part 2 My Boss and Her Fiance.

The book itself will stay one book but this is technically the first chapter of My Boss and her Fiance.

If anyone would like to rant, suggest ideas, or ask for my bank detail to request therapy payment due to the slight upset caused in the most recent few chapters feel free to do so in the comments.

for now, keep your head, arms, hands, legs, and feet inside at all times and enjoy your ride on the emotional rollercoaster.

Love you all, Elle

To summarise because some of you were confused-

-Wanda and Natasha are engaged
-Y/N is a lonely mf
-Carol is married
-Carols firm and Natashas firm are merging together

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 803 21
A Year has passed since Y/N Parker, Wanda Maximoff, and Natasha Romanoff first met and life is going great for the three of them. Y/N has a steady jo...
29.3K 1K 8
You drink too much and insult your boss in the middle of a bar during a company social gathering. But surprisingly, you wake up in her bed. Following...
SCANDAL By L.C

Fanfiction

4.8K 254 22
What's so complicated between a choice and a mistake ? A loving married couple, who's adored by many, find that loyalty is their main conflict. Perfe...
169K 5.7K 35
You are Tony Stark's latest recruit in his plan to protect the world, and as the youngest and smartest Harvard graduate you are the perfect choice. B...