Love Me Never

By NightTime_Storiexs

Hate surrounded us. Why wouldn't it after everything that happened in the past? Rhys Archer had already ruin... More

Cast/Characters
1| Birthday
2| Luck
3| Panic
4| Groom
6| Rings
7| Engaged
8| Missing
9| Replacement
10| Dress
11| FiancΓ©
12| Publicity
13| Vows
14| Tragedy
15| Husband
16| Mine
17| History
18| Crowned
19| Threat
20| Story
21| Poet
22| Broken
23| Kissed
24| Weekend
25| Rain
26| Coffee
27| Redo
28| Glowing
29| Panic
30| Interrogation
31| Live
32| Critical
33| Epilogue
!NEW BOOK!

5| Ballet

40.7K 1.4K 489
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Ballet

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 5: Ballet (Ava's POV)

That same night, at nearly eight o'clock, my phone rang. I stopped biting my nail, looking over at the telephone on my nightstand. I leaned over, putting the book I was reading down, The Song of Achilles. I answered the phone, bringing it to my ear, stretching the cord. "Hello?" 

"Ava." 

"Ms. Clarice," I sang, slipping my bookmark between the pages and putting it on my nightstand. 

"Listen, the girls are coming in early tomorrow since they're still on summer break but their schools open soon. I'm not coming tomorrow, hun." 

"Oh, okay. So, what time shall I be there?" 

"Be there by nine, all right?" 

"All right, bye." I put the phone away and let my hair down from the bun it was in. I got out of bed and packed tomorrow's dance bag and then called it a night. I flicked the lamp off and lay awake, staring at the ceiling while the moonlight peeked through the window. I thought about what was happening with Brooke and Rhys. 

They were really getting married in two freaking weeks. 

I tried asking her about it when we got back home but she wouldn't say anything. It seems like she has everything planned and she thought it all through but she wasn't telling me. I gave up after a while and just let it be. There's nothing between Rhys and me anymore, I have no right to interfere or question whatever is happening between them or why they're suddenly getting married. I rolled onto my side and closed my eyes, forcing myself to go to sleep. 

My alarm clock rang at eight-thirty and within half an hour, I was dressed, had eaten breakfast, and reached the studio since I normally end up taking showers after dance class. I walked in, set my bag down on the bench, and then walked over to the stereo. I looked through some of the cassettes, trying to find a good song for today. 

When Ms. Clarice doesn't come, we all know we won't actually learn anything. I let the kids have fun and run around, it's better that way, trust me, and the smiles on their face is so worth the scolding I get every single time I don't follow the routine. I selected a few cassettes for today and then waited for the kids to start coming in. In the meantime, I turned on the lights, opened the door and flipped the sign from 'closed' to 'open', and then inserted the first cassette, letting it play in the background. 

I put my hair up in a high ponytail and shrugged off my cardigan, remaining in the black tank and pink sweatpants that I kept on from last night. Yes, I'm here in my pajamas. 

"Ms. Ava!" 

I laughed, turning to the entrance. "Hi, Lily!" 

She ran over, her backpack bouncing on her back until she hugged my legs tightly. I chuckled, kneeling down and fixing her pigtails. "Is Ms. Clarice gone?" She grinned. 

"For today, yes. So we're going to have loads of fun, okay?" 

She nodded and then set her bag down and sat on the bench, patiently waiting for her classmates to arrive and for me to start the class. Once all the students were here, all seven of them- Lily, Bella, Jonah, William, Olivia, James, and Katy. 

Then I reinserted the cassette and told them to start warming up because no matter what they're doing, they should warm up. "Reach to the left, reach to the right," I sang, as we sat on the floor, stretching. "Touch your toes, come on, come on, come on." 

"I have long legs, Ms. Ava!" William groaned. 

I laughed, "That's okay, reach as far as you can, William." After we finished the warm-up circuit, I set them free. "Off you go then, dance your dance!" They all jumped up and started playing Red light, Green light in the studio. I watched them for a while, making sure nobody was hurt, and then I got busy dancing on my own. I did ballet as a kid and I hated it. Still do. So I can't dance ballet, but I can jump around and spin in circles. 

"Ms. Ava!" 

I turned to the kids. 

"Can we play the cool cassette?" That's code for music that makes you jump, that's all. 

I changed the cassette and they all took a spot in the room, making sure they were arm's space from each other, and started jumping and kicking and spinning. Lily ran up to me, grabbing my hands and jumping up and down. I grinned, keeping her bouncing. I looked over at the glass door, hearing the bell chime as it opened. Lily and I kept dancing but I stopped immediately when I saw Rhys walk in. All the kids stopped dancing and turned to look at the door. "Just a minute, Lily." I walked over to the stereo and turned it off, sighing and turning to him while he stood at the door, looking at me and then the kids. "Can we help you?" I asked. 

"I'm just checking in. Keep going, don't stop on my account," he smirked, gesturing to the kids. 

"Don't tell Ms. Clarice!" Lily yelled. 

I watched her with amusement, waiting for one of the kids to realize who he was, but I don't think they recognized him. 

"I won't tell Ms. Clarice, don't worry." He took a step into the room and I stopped him. 

"No shoes in the studio unless they're sneakers." I glanced at his polished shoes pointedly. "If you want to stay, take them off." 

He stared at me blankly but kicked them off and walked in, his sunglasses resting on his head. 

"Ms. Ava, the music!" Katy whined. 

I resumed the music and sat on the floor, my back against the mirror while I watched them jump around and have fun. Jonah and Bella are the youngest here, only three years old. The others are between five and six. I watched as Jonah got tired after a wall and walked over, falling into my lap. "Ow," I laughed, ruffling his hair. We watched the others together. I looked over at Rhys who was leaning against the wall, watching the kids and watching me. 

He walked over, passing through the kids, and sat beside me, a few feet away. I ignored him and kept an eye on the kids. 

After the first cassette came to an end, I pushed Jonah up to his feet. "Water break! Drink some water, please!" I walked over to Jonah and Bella's backpacks and took out their bottles, opening them and handing them over. They all sat on the bench in a line, some of them lying down on the floor, catching their breaths. I could feel his eyes on me, no matter how hard I tried to ignore it. 

"Ms. Ava!" I looked over William when he called. "My laces, please?" He grinned, one tooth missing. 

I chuckled, waving him over. I tied his laces for him and then walked back to the stereo, taking out the cassette. They have time for one more song. 

"It must be fun babysitting every single and barely getting paid for it," Rhys said. 

I silently put in the next cassette and then turned to him. "It is, actually." The music picked up and they all shot back to life. I sat back down, not looking at him. "Shouldn't your little visit be over by now?" 

"They're entertaining," he shrugged, nodding towards the kids. 

"That used to be you," I smirked to myself. "You did ballet too, your highness." 

"I see you still remember every little thing about me. Not over it yet, are you?" 

I rolled my eyes. 

He must make everything into an argument, huh? He can't leave it bickering just for once. "What do you think? I didn't get to ask you yesterday." 

"About what?" I mumbled, picking at my nails. 

"About Brooke and I getting married." 

"I couldn't care less, Rhys. It's been three years, you're the one who can't seem to let go of the past." I glanced at him, sighing, "Not me." 

"This has nothing to do with the past, Ava. But everything to do with reminding you that I still regret everything that happened between us and you never were and never will be the right choice. You want to know why I'm marrying Brooke?" 

"I really don't," I scoffed. 

"I chose her." 

I clenched my jaw, staring at the floor. 

"I thought you were smart enough to understand that. But I guess not. I got the choice between you and her. And I chose her, not you. Because why would I make the same mistake twice, right?" 

"Then good for you, Rhys. Does your wedding need my validation too?" We stared at each other silently for a minute as Bella came running over and fell into my lap, panting with her cheeks flushed. I turned to her, chuckling softly and retying her hair for her. 

"Can you really watch your sister marry me?" 

I laughed, facing him. "You need to stop, Rhys. I'm not some girl that's obsessed with you. Marry Brooke or any other girl, I really don't care. It's none of my business." 

"We'll see." 

The cassette ended and I gave all the kids ten minutes to relax and pack up. Rhys lingered. I kept them inside until someone I knew came to pick them up and then I handed them off, grabbed my stuff, locked up the studio, and left. I could feel Rhys standing behind me as I locked up the door and adjusted my bag. I spun around and tried walking around him only for him to block my way. I sighed and crossed the street, walking on the other sidewalk. I glanced over at him and he was still staring at me. 

I rolled my eyes and kept walking away from the studio, away from the root of every problem in my life, away from Rhys. That's the best thing I can do for myself. Get over the past, forget about it all, and act like I don't care at all. I have to stop caring, I have to stop thinking and dwelling over it. I need to stop seeing the Rhys that I knew and see him for who he really is. 

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 5

I HATE people who say ballet is for girls like stfu nobody asked. It's a dance form, ANYBODY can do it, that's it period.

next chapter: rings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 302K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
15.4K 2.5K 33
He was a prince who had lost his heart. She was a princess who had a heart of gold. The cruel fate forced them together. But what started as a nigh...
81.9K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
723 90 13
Lives are intertwined, Hearts are broken, Pasts are haunted and vows are made. But when the intertwined lives meet will they let each other go? When...