Verena // Alec. Lightwood [1]

By sebs_loves

VERENA // to fear, to respect Soulmates were something Alec Lightwood didn't trust or necessarily believe In... More

Cast and Prologue
Not the Artist
Seeing Strangers
Clubs Are Dangerous
Possesion of Dot
Magic Church
Bonding Time
Chasing Dot
Taken by Force
Grave Digging
Knight In Shining Armour
Dreaming
Magnus Bane
Portal of Safety
Attack on Warlocks
Who We Love Most
Knowing Freelings
Maybe We're Soulmates
Knock you on your Ass
Men Love Her
Pain-filled Screams
Meeting the Family
Secret Plans
Finding the Cup
Be The Distraction
Death of a Friend
Lost in Memory Lane
Bad Day for Take-Out
Forsaken Attack
Keeping Faith
Coming Home
Meliorn's Interrogation?
Stealing Steles
Sedation Couldn't Keep Her At Bay
Raspy Morning Voice
Order of Arrest
Take The Pain Away
So Close
He ain't Michael
Home again
Preperations
A Mole
Till Death Do We Part
Always Trust Your Hunch
People Change
Hello Magnus
Book of the White
I Hate Her
The End / Sequel
OTHER BOOK

Vamps of Brooklyn

24K 597 93
By sebs_loves

VAMPS OF BROOKLYN

●♤♤●

Waking up with a pounding headache was something I didn't do often and was something I didn't plan on doing much more.

My head throbbed and my surroundings were dark. I wasn't in the institute infirmary, that shit is brighter than this room.

"Dammit." I cursed as I tried to sit up.

"Rea! Thank god!" I felt arms wrap around me tightly. I pried them off and glared at Simon, who winced. "I said I was sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it." I harshly whispered, shoving him from my face. I got up and pounded on the door. "Open this door!"

"Hello! Anyone? I’m just an accounting student. I have no value to anyone. And I barely saw your faces, so if you let me go, I couldn’t even identify you. Not that I would, ‘cause you guys are vampires! Who would believe me? I didn’t even know you guys existed until yesterday! Is anyone there?" Simon tried pounding the door, making me huff. I walked a few steps away and sat, resting my elbow on my leg and my head in my hand.

How did I end up hostage?

"If your goal was to scare the crap outta me, mission accomplished!" I heard Simon yell, making me sigh.

Looking up, I saw a raven haired man that screamed different century.

"And as far as I’m concerned… you can have it out with those Shadowhunters. Especially, the blonde one." I gaped at Simon, who didn't meet my eye.

"Excuse me?" I breathed out, and the man looked to me, sickeningly.

"Oh. So a daughter of an Angel. Oh...but which one?" I shrugged, shoving the man's shoulder with mine as I walked passed him to sit away from Simon.

"Don't know, don't care right now."

"You know...you don't need me...or-or Rea." Simon stammered, and I sent him a small smile. I can't be mad at him forever. Clary? Yes. But Simon, considering the situation we were in, it wasn't worth it.

"On the contrary, I think i do."

●♧♧●

"Uh, look at all this stuff, these screens. I mean, can any of this help me find Simon and Rea? Where are they, anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?" Clary asked, thinking of her sister for once.

I was surprised, in all honesty. Didn't think she had it in her to care for someone that wasn't herself, her mother or the mundane.

"Actually, no." Jace said, facing the screen. "That was Camille's outfit, right? They're locals."

"They’re at the Hotel DuMort, down in Gansevoort Street."

"And we came back here?" Clary asked after Izzy revealed the mundane's and Verena's location. "Why? We have to go there. Let's go, now. Come on."

"We need a Clave resolution for that." I told Clary, who glared at me.

"The four of us can’t declare war on the vamps all by ourselves." Izzy said.

"And we can’t react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We’re not."

"Alec, you can't stomp on all the Downworlders." Upon Izzy's words, I smirked at her.

"Oh, that’s right. Seelies have their charms, apparently." I teased my sister.

"Right?" Jace said as we both looked at Izzy, who giggled. It reminded me of Verena. We'd failed at protecting her. I had failed.

But I'll get her back.

Even if it means breaking the Clave rules.

"Seelies?" Clary questioned.

"Like faeries. The Fair Folk. Add pixies, nixies, elves… anybody half-angel, half-demon. It’s pretty much a catch-all term." Jace explained to the whiny redhead.

"Izzy can tell you all about them. She's got a thing." I teased, but Izzy backfired it to me.

"We've all got our things, don't we?" She asked, and then mouthed 'Rea' when no one looked.

I rolled my eyes and stopped the jokes, becoming serious again.

"Okay, I can’t listen to this. Simon’s been kidnapped by vampires. I guess I’ll just take care of it myself." And there Clary goes. Being inconsiderate of Verena Fray again.

"Clary, you’re gonna get yourself killed. Clary. Simon, too. Perhaps Rea won't get killed." Clary stopped at Jace's words and spun on us, glaring harshly.

"Then help me. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering. Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?" She spat and my anger flared. She disrespected us, she disregarded Rena...this girl will end up dead.

And I won't lie and say I won't be the one to do it.

"Clary’s right. They made the first move. We’re gonna take care of this ourselves, right now."

"This is a bad idea. But for Rena, I–"

"What, have you got a better one? Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a mundie. They kidnapped a pure Nephilim. That’s a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they’ll be glad we did it. Come on."

"Hard to argue with that." My sister said, shrugging. I think, to be fair, she wanted her new friends back.

"Even if we went ahead, I don’t see how we get out of here without having to explain where we’re going. We need weapons, and we can’t let anyone see us get them." I informed the group, and Jace's eyes almost lit up with an idea.

"I know where to get where we need." Told you so.

●♤♤●

I stared at the room i was shoved into. Simon was pushed in after me with the vampire, who said his name was Raphael (to me), following.

"Great room. Not much blood." I spoke up, looking around. It was pristine, clean. Unnerving.

"So how does this end? Do I, uh… do we get out of here or what?" Simon asked, giving me a glance. I sent him a look and he sighed.

"The answer to that is above my paygrade." Raphael told us calmly, and I cocked a brow.

"Oh...so you wouldn't mind if i–" I walked up to a vase and flicked it with my finger, breaking it. "-break this?"

"Paygrade? They...they pay vampires?"

"Let's just say we invest early and often." Raphael answered Simon, making me shiver. I rubbed my arms and could only hope Alec would rise to become a Knight in shining armour.

"Ow." Simon groaned as he bumped into a statue as he walked through the room. Bored, I sat on the floor, legs sprawled out as I stared at the floor.

"Sit down." Raphael demanded, but Simon kept walking. "Why won’t you sit? I really hate fidgeting."

"I'm just, uh...looking." Simon shrugged like it was no big beal.

"For a way out?" Raphael asked, as if he could read Simon's mind. "Ooh. There isn't one."

"Great. No pizza for us then, Simon." I said. I was bored and this old ass vamp was just making it worse.

"I mean, all the, uh… the cool stuff you guys collect. Steal." Simon corrected, picking up a vase and imitated a horn. I chuckled at his childishness and shook my head in disbelief. He cracked a smile at me.

"It's...whatever." I finished for him, sending Raphael an innocent smile.

"Leonidas the First has been trying to peddle that junk for years. Museums make you prove antiquities are legit these days." He said and I rolled my eyes, watching Simon eye a dagger.

"Yeah, naturally." He said, looking at Raphael. I was more interested in watching whatever it is play out.

"When they ask where you got it, what do you say? It’s not against the law to rob my own grave." With swift motions, Simon grabbed the dagger and through it to our kidnapper, lodging it into his shoulder.

Raphael just sighed, staring down at the dagger in his shoulder with a slight glare. I locked eyes with Simon, the boy feeling afraid at the fact it did nothing.

"Oh, please. Honestly, I just got this jacket. There’s no way out. Your both a hostage, so accept it." Raphael growled and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop with the Theatrics Ralph." He cocked his head to me and raised a brow. "What?"

"I’m- we're a hostage? That means you won’t kill us, yeah?"

A lady with dark brown hair, tight dress and a bitchy look to her walked into the room. She sauntered to Simon with a sick smirk on her face.

"Won’t kill you? Who said that? Raphael. Oh, look. How sweet. You’re bleeding." She reached up and touched the blood on Simon's forehead. She then brought her finger to her mouth and licked the red crimson liquid from it.

"Ya'll nasty." I spoke, cringing at her. She just sped over to me and sunk her teeth into my neck.

Screaming, the woman flew across the room and hit the wall. She stared at me and the feeling of my skin parting and something coming out from it, enveloped my body. It wasn't painful, but it wasn't natural and was most definitely weird.

"A pure Nephilim." She whispered and I raised a brow. By the slight reflection I could see in her eyes as she came closet to me, I could see my eyes glow a neon gold.

"The Shadowhunters will be after her." Raphael told the woman. "Camille, we have to give her back before Valentine gets her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.8K 22
During the Uprising, Valentine killed many people. Including Bianca's parents. She grew up with Valentine, being abused and used for her skills and t...
50.8K 2.4K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
26.1K 978 10
𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒏𝒅 / ver-I- kuhnd / Adjective 1. Bashful ; Modest _________________________________________ Being alone and always...
772 41 9
" Always and Forever they promised each other. But what happens when one of them breaks that promise. " ||Season 1||