Love Me Never

By NightTime_Storiexs

Hate surrounded us. Why wouldn't it after everything that happened in the past? Rhys Archer had already ruin... More

Cast/Characters
1| Birthday
2| Luck
4| Groom
5| Ballet
6| Rings
7| Engaged
8| Missing
9| Replacement
10| Dress
11| FiancΓ©
12| Publicity
13| Vows
14| Tragedy
15| Husband
16| Mine
17| History
18| Crowned
19| Threat
20| Story
21| Poet
22| Broken
23| Kissed
24| Weekend
25| Rain
26| Coffee
27| Redo
28| Glowing
29| Panic
30| Interrogation
31| Live
32| Critical
33| Epilogue
!NEW BOOK!

3| Panic

44.3K 1.5K 436
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Panic

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 3: Panic (Ava's POV)

We were on our way back home when Ashton told us tomorrow's plan. "We're having lunch at the palace tomorrow." 

"Why?" Brooke asked from the backseat. 

"They invited us. I don't know why," he shrugged. 

I stared out the window feeling exhausted, not just from being awake until this hour, one in the morning, but also from my interactions with Rhys tonight. I haven't spoken to him this much in a really long time, that too so bluntly and all about our past. That became a forbidden subject right after it happened. It was forbidden to begin with, actually. 

We parked in the driveway and saw that our parents weren't home yet, but we let ourselves in and called it a night, going into our own rooms. 

Nobody knows what happened between Rhys and me. Nobody but him and me. And now he's getting married this year. Wow. 

I sat at the foot of my bed and began working my heels off. I heard my parents' car arrive and then a minute later I heard the front door unlock. 

The two cars. It's really something that makes me laugh. There are some people in this town that hate my family, and others who like us or simply don't care. All because my father has been working with the king since the beginning of time. So obviously, our family is close to the royal family, we get some perks by working with them, my father gets paid very well, his job is basically doing what it's meant to do. Be an income source. Some people don't like that, they're jealous, others just don't care. 

I, for one, couldn't care less. I don't care if we live in a house or a mansion, if we have one car or none, I really don't care. I don't even have a real job. I just help out at the dance studio in town for little kids. It's a part-time thing, that's all. 

Kilthorne is really backward in some ways. Women still are expected just to be married and have kids. We're not held back, if we want to work, we have every opportunity, but most women just don't. It's just not something we're really informed on so it's easier to follow expectations in this kingdom. Or any kingdom, for that matter. Except for Zariya. I wish we lived in Zariya where even the queen works and runs her own boutique. That would do so much for the women. 

I changed into pajamas and got ready for bed, falling asleep within fifteen minutes. 

"Wakey, wakey, up and at 'em Ava!" 

I groaned, rubbing my eyes open and looking at the door where Ashton stood. "What?" I asked, my voice hoarse. 

"We're leaving in an hour." 

How is it the next day already? It feels like I just went to sleep. I whined and crawled out of bed while gathering my hair in a bun. 

"Don't be late," he said. 

"I won't," I mumbled, opening my closet and grabbing a decent dress. I took a quick shower, brushing my hair, and slicked it up into a high ponytail, wearing a silk scrunchie in my hair that matched my dress, and then I put on black heels. I powdered my face a little and then put on perfume before going downstairs. I walked into the living area, scoffing at Ashton. "See. I'm not the one you should have told not to be late. I'm never late." I sat between them. "Right, dad?" 

He nodded. "It's always your mother and Brooke." 

I chuckled, fixing the sleeve of my dress. Once they finally arrived, we got into our cars and left. "Why did they invite us to lunch suddenly?" I questioned, looking at Ashton. 

"I don't know. Dad wouldn't tell me. Something about a surprise."

I frowned in confusion, turning to look at Brooke, both of us exchanging a look. What surprise? 

We got to the palace and were led into the backyard by Mr. Rufus, the palace butler. "I'm going to die of heatstroke," Brooke mumbled. 

"It's not that hot, don't be dramatic," Ashton scoffed. 

I bit back a chuckle as we reached the table and took our seats, saying hi's and hello's to the king and queen. I never greet Rhys anyway, nor does he greet me. 

"Roman, have you told them why they were invited today?" Mr. Phoenix asked. 

"No, not yet," Dad chuckled. "Why don't you do the honors?" 

"Well yes, why not? Let's get right into it." He turned to the three of us since we sat in line, Ashton, me, and then Brooke. "You all were there last night at the ball, so you must know Rhys is getting married soon." 

They found a bride already? 

I took a glance at him and found him staring right at me. I looked over to his dad quickly listening to what he had to say. 

"We were thinking," he gestured to himself and his wife, "that it would be much better if there was a way to make the whole bride-hunt process much shorter. And of course, we still want the daughter-in-law of this house to be wonderful. If we just cut the process short, Rhys wouldn't have to spend a lot of time getting to know the girl if he already knows her."

 Brooke and I stiffened immediately, looking at each other. 

"We thought, who's best if not you two?" 

I stayed quiet, biting the inside of my cheek so hard, I was afraid I'd draw blood. 

"So," he cleared his throat, "Brooke." 

I looked at her as her eyes widened. "M-me?" She stammered. 

"Would you like to marry Rhys?" 

I didn't know how to react. I didn't know if I should be relieved or hurt or offended. 

"Me?" she repeated. 

"Yes, you," Mrs. Gemma laughed softly. "You seem surprised." 

Brooke tucked her hair behind her ear, looking at Rhys. "Um, well... I am." She looked back at them. "I thought it would be Ava." She glanced at me. 

"Why would it be me?" I chuckled awkwardly. 

"You both are wonderful girls, but Ava's a little young, younger than you anyhow. We all agreed that you and Rhys would be a much better match, don't you think so?" Mrs. Gemma questioned. 

"Well, I... I don't, um... Rhys and I argue a lot," she mumbled. I could sense the panic radiating off of her. 

Oh, my God, Brooke please don't do something stupid. 

"It's all friendly bickering, isn't it?" Mr. Phoenix shrugged it off. "We all seem to think you two are perfect for each other." 

I looked over at mom and dad. I understood, Ashton understood, and so did Brooke. This isn't just about Rhys needing a bride, it's about Griffin. They never liked Griffin, Brooke was in love with him, enough to leave Kilthorne for him, but they didn't let her. They're making sure she can't go back to him by marrying her off. And who better than the prince? She'll never be able to leave once she's the princess and then later, the queen. My father looked guilty. My mother didn't. Of course, she didn't. She has a habit of throwing us into situations, thinking they'll benefit us when in reality, they couldn't possibly. 

"So, what do you say? Will you marry him?" Mr. Phoenix asked. 

I glanced over at her, concerned. I didn't want her to panic or do something wrong. 

She stared at me for a minute, her dilemma vivid in her eyes. But then realization set in. And she seemed to calm down. "Yes." 

I didn't show my surprise and glanced over at Ashton, who seemed just as stunned as me. 'What the hell?' he mouthed to me. 

I gave him a small shrug, utterly confused. 

"Uh, I'd... I'd love to. Thank you for choosing me. When's the wedding?" Brooke cleared her throat, drinking some water. I frowned in confusion. She's acting strange. 

"We were thinking let's have the engagement this coming weekend. Exactly seven days from now, and then the wedding could happen a week after that," Mrs. Gemma explained. 

"Isn't that a little early?" Brooke chuckled awkwardly while fidgeting with her earring. 

"We could postpone the wedding if you'd like," they offered. 

She thought for another minute. "No, actually. That's okay. I think the wedding being two weeks from now is perfect." 

What the hell is she doing? 

I looked at Rhys. Even he looked shocked that Brooke agreed. 

"Great! Then we ladies can do all the shopping this week for the engagement and wedding dress. And you can go alone with Rhys to choose the rings. How does that sound?" Mrs. Phoenix suggested. 

"That sounds great," she nodded quickly. She was panicking a moment ago and now it looks like she has a plan. What is happening? 

"So, you'll marry me?" Rhys asked, lifting a brow at her. His eyes flicked over to mine while we waited for Brooke's answer. 

"I'll marry you. I mean, look at how nicely you asked," she scoffed. 

His eyes didn't leave mine while everybody at the table laughed. "This is about as nice as I get," he replied, still holding my gaze. 

"Rhys," his mother complained. "God, someone needs to lift his spirits. You're getting married, cheer up! Aren't you happy?" 

"Over the moon," he said dryly, looking away from me and towards the flower beds to the right. 

"He'll cheer up, don't worry. So, what kind of wedding do you want?" 

The rest of lunch was all wedding talk. Brooke would ask for my opinion once in a while, Rhys would completely contradict it, his parents would tell him to shut up, and they would accept my idea anyway. 

I... What do I even say? Brooke is getting married. To Rhys. Rhys and Brooke are getting married. 

They're getting married. 

After everything that happened, he's marrying my sister. Just great.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 3

We all know what Brooke's secretly cooking, don't we?

anyway, who's your favorite character so far??

next chapter: groom

it's not the wedding, dw

also having multiple characters I can make outfits for is so fun lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 4K 57
Help him!? Help the prince of the kingdom that locked me up? Joining that man is the second last thing I want to do. The very last thing is to go bac...
81.7K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
773K 25.3K 41
The Princetons and the Lockes. It's an enmity of decades. And so the tradition continues when it comes to Venus and Caden. A prince and a leader's da...
2.6K 191 39
General's Daughter Prince of Aizaica kingdom And a arrange marriage! Elyse Madden a sweet but Tempered girl, Daughter of General Cyrus is forced a ma...