Clypeus

By KimGits

"Why do you always wear this mask? You look no less than a cliché criminal." "Atleast it lets you not fall fo... More

Foreword
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23

18

90 35 34
By KimGits

P A W N  S H O P |전당포

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

V P.O.V

My finger swiped the receiver of the flashed screen. I could sense my heart beating at the crook of my neck, it was so intense. Sweat trickled down my temples and I gulped thickly, expecting something harsh. I bent my arm to bring the device closer to my ear and gasped at the sudden vibration.

"Where the freaking hell were you? You bastard! Can't you receive my call once a day in a routine? Who passed out this time- you or your phone?" she growled from the opposite side, her voice almost ruptured my eardrum.

"I was uh out-outside for-"

"For what? What were you doing outside for so long that you couldn't manage answer my calls for at least once since yesterday? Were you drunk?"

"Ye-yes!" A sour lie erupted from my lips, "I just got too tipsy ya know. I couldn't even hear my phone ringing. I was on the couch all night." I prayed for her approval, hoping that she would choose to judge me with this excuse at the least.

"You're not a heavy drinker, maniac. Why do you need to try something which your petty brain can't afford?" Her voice appeared understandable with a little calmness splashed on it.

"Umm... I'm sorry. Why did you call me though?"

"My flight lands at 11 today. So I want you to finish the job and head to my villa as soon as possible. I'll text you the address for today's delivery. Call me for anything in case."

"Hmm okay. See ya." I hung up the call. Ruby was back.

...............................

V stepped out of the front door, embracing the bright light outside. Winter was almost calling off its skin slowly as spring was approaching. Spring, meaning the time for light pink iced trees around the hooks and corners of the city, has always been the best time of the year for its soothing foil weather.

His cheeks glowed rose gold like peaches with some impact of blonde pinkish tint. The gums of his buccal cavity squished a chewing gum as he walked sturdily while filling his hands inside his crowded pockets. Why crowded? Well the future will peel it as usual.

His enormous structure marched like most of the reputed highly positioned officers and his hair fluttered all over his eyes and forehead. A black mask protected half of his facial features likewise his black turtleneck through which his abs pricked themselves to dignify their forms, within the walls of the thick grey overcoat.

The roads seemed just the same as regular days. People disposing their trash, clearing the snow off their vehicles, little groups of men and women chatting, the clattering of window panes as they were dragged open, everything went on at normalcy.

Long grey overcoat bound V halted before the entrance to a shop. It's banner addressed it as "Jewel Pawn Shop, 79 Myeongdong Street". He blinked at the hoarding plate and strolled in.

The glass door swayed in revealing the age old customer back in the store. He casually advanced to the counter. Inner enviroment of the store was already showing off to be an expensive one. Mahogohany wooden show cases, tables, stools, etc. created a sense of the nineteenth century England. Rows of antiques inside glass frames sought every individual's attention by their mysteriously pleasing shine.

Two other customers were dealing with some proper works at some spots whereas a cry emerged from the back of a notions counter, "Hello there Mr. V! What a pleasant surprise!"

Just at the same time, V noticed an absurd pair of eyes sneaking a glance at him from behind the pages of a newspaper. He read the situation before turning back the situation into sanity while tapping his finger on the countertop.

"Hey," he greeted, "Can I get 20 this time?"

"Show me what you've got," came the reply.

V shove his hands into his pockets and picked out four pieces of small decorative statues detailed with valuable jewels. "Each of the stones are of 10 carat. Feel yourself lucky."

Eyes of the other personality sparkled at the glam of the blue zircons and diamonds stuck on the two pairs of showpieces. "Looks even better than last time. You'll get 24."

V's lips stretched for a wide boxy smile beneath his mask whereas his eyes turned creasants. "Awesome!"

While he was busy exchanging a piece of paper with the shopkeeper, V darted his orbs and checked out the alien personality perching on a stool, hosting a large sheet of newspaper before. It felt pretty weird if he only meant to read a simple newspaper, sitting inside a luxurious pawn shop. Not because he was a new face to V but anybody would feel the same curiosity towards his cloutseeking appearance.

On purpose, V raised his voice. "Here is the address for today's delivery."

The shop owner nodded while accepting the paper and V flipped around, commencing towards the exit.

For another time, V trotted across the zebra crossing, advancing towards a vague somewhere. His conscience made him alert of someone cloning his directions at the back. He decided not to react yet because he wanted to make sure what the person was actually trying to execute.

After a few furns and twists among the lanes, V hid himself quickly at his latest turn inside a dark offset. The man who was following the former threw a confused look around him. His memory seemed to deceive him of the last glance at the other human. He kept standing at the middle of the road while scanning the surroundings. Yet no signs of existence convinced his clouding mind. Out of the blue, he was dragged into a dim lane, no scope of protests being gifted to him. His breaths became heavier as his voice choked at his throat. Pain thronged among his muscles when his skull was being brutally grazed on the concrete behind his head.

V's long fingers encircled the weird man's neck as he grasped him on a flatline. The man clawed upon V's thick overcoat material as he fought for resistance but nothing much differed rather than the tightening of the grip around his neck.

"Who the fuck are you?" a commanding growl spat at the man's open muzzle.

"I-" he gasped, "I am John, John Laurent."

"Why on earth were you following me?"

"I-I wasn't following-aah!" V forced his nails to dig into the flesh of the pathetic man's nape.

"You think you can fool me. What a badass joke," he chuckled, soon framing a wild smirk all over his face. "I can spare your life provided that you will spill the truth. So choose - life or death? It won't take me too long to break your neck and smother you to death."

"D'accord, I will!"

V loosened his grip at the neck, "Good boy."

As soon as this neck lost contact with the huge palm, the man left massive pants to regenerate his breathing rates. He soothed himself without taking another glance at masked mortal in front. His hand fixed the hat on top of his head and he cleared his throat.

"I'm John Laurent. I'm from France. I've been here only two weeks back and I live right in the next lane. I swear I wasn't following you. I was only getting back to my apartment. It has to be a real coincidence!"

"On really?" V asked in a sarcastic tone before launching a hard kick at the other's abdomenal muscles to which the man crouched down upon the open, groaning in agony. "I hate sore lies, my boy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there everyone! Please don't hesitate to let me know if this gets any boring. Imma update soon!

D'accord means Ok in French. If you didn't know that, here it is.

안전 유지(Stay safe)

머무르다  금 (Stay gold)

See ya next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1.4K 27
TAEHYUNG FF -This is dramatic sweet love story of two people who were best friend in the past but their fate made them separate. After many years lat...
24.2K 1.1K 54
"Taehyung-" "Now, I want you to get something into that pretty little head of yours..." "You. Are. Mine." He's fighting for her while she's having...
39.4K 1.4K 17
"W-What are you doing, Y/N?" Jungkook stammered, an uneasy frown on his face. His gaze drifted to her plump lips, which seemed to utter beautiful but...
84K 4.4K 61
"Why you always have to be some goody two shoes? " "And why do you always have to be a swollen piggy? " "Yahhh!! How dare you call me ugly like that...