The Mafia's Maid

By GhostWriter3001

Leah Aldaine is a 21 year old with a bad past with an abusive ex. She hasn't been able to tell anybody about... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21-6 Days Left
Thank you!
Chapter 22-5 Days Left
Chapter 23-5 Days Left
Chapter 24-5 Days Left
Chapter 25-4 Days Left
Chapter 26-4 Days Left
Chapter 27-4 Days Left
Chapter 28-3 Days Left
Chapter 29-3 Days Left
Thank You...Again!
Chapter 30-2 Days Left
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
🎅 Merry Christmas! 🎅
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Final Chapter

Chapter 16

21.8K 503 27
By GhostWriter3001

Leah POV

I could barely see the ground in front of me. I was walking around the halls of the large house, refraining from turning on any lights because I didn't want to risk waking anybody up.

I had tried to get back to sleep, but I knew it was pointless. Whenever I have a nightmare, I can never end up getting back to sleep.

*Flashback*

I laid down on the double bed under the thick covers of my blanket. All the doors into the house were locked and all the lights were off.

Everything was black except for the red light of the alarm clock beside me, illuminating areas of the bed. 11:46 pm.

My eyes closed for a moment, and it was then that there was the squeaking of the front door opening. The light of the entry seeped through the bottom of the door, lighting the bedroom relatively. Footsteps sounded on the other side of the door, and my heart began to beat faster and faster.

I closed my eyes quickly when the door handle of the bedroom turned. Light rushed into the room when the door opened. My eyes squinted slightly at the sudden burst of light, and footsteps could be heard again.

I deepened my breathing to appear asleep when the bed dipped. I didn't need to look at the person to know who it was.

"Hey, baby. Are you up?" I felt cold hands wrap around my waist and pull me into a chest. I stayed quiet.

I felt Lucas' lips moved along my neck, leaving a trail of kisses in its wake. "Wake up, baby."  

I tried pulling myself away from him when his hands started travelling up and down my stomach.

"Lucas, stop. I'm tired."  I tried to reason, but deep down I knew it wouldn't work. Lucas was a very persistent person. Lucas' hands just held me tighter as I tried shuffling to get away from him.

"Come on, Leah. Don't be such a tease." He kissed my neck again, rougher than before.

"How am I being a tease?" I wish I still had that courage. This was a memory from earlier in our relationship, a little bit after the first time he hit me. I was still brave enough to defend myself. How things have changed.

Before I knew it, I was looking up at Lucas as he hovered over me. His hands forced mine to my sides, and I could feel his hard glare burning into my face in the dark.

"When you're in bed all ready for me, I expect you to comply." He seethed. I felt myself shudder at his words. My body racked with shivers as I felt him move above me.

My heart was in my throat. I couldn't see Lucas, and that terrified me. I had to wait for him to move. I couldn't see anything.

Lucas bobbed his head down next to my ear, and I felt his breath fan against my ear.

"Now be a good girl, and stay, still." A whimper left my mouth and I closed my eyes tightly as Lucas reached for the hem of my shirt and lifted it above my head.

*End of flashback*

I shuddered at the memory and hugged myself. How could he do that to me? I don't know what I ever did to him. How could the man that I spent years with change in a single moment?

I skulked down the halls, trying to keep myself together. I didn't want to have another breakdown tonight. One was more than enough.

I reached for my scratchy and dry throat and grimaced.

I was really thirsty.

I changed my direction and headed to the kitchen. I was going to get a glass of water and then try to get back to sleep. I couldn't deal with anything else, otherwise, I was going to have another breakdown. 

I entered the kitchen and grabbed a glass from a cupboard. I walked to the sink and turned on the tap. The glass filled slowly as I stood in place with my thin blanket hanging on my shoulders.

I maneuvered the blanket on my shoulders to keep it from falling but remained in my thoughts. 

Why was the world cruel to me? I don't know what I ever did, but it must have been really bad to deserve what Lucas did to me.

But I can't stand this anymore. I just can't. I want to have a normal life, with a normal family, with normal friends. But I'll never get that. I'll never escape the horrors of the past, no matter how much I try or Mary tries, or anyone tries. I'll never get my old life back.

"I think the cup's full." I broke out of my thoughts and looked at the cup in my hands. Water was overflowing into the sink at a rapid speed. I quickly turned off the tap before peering over my shoulder.

Of course. Just my luck.

Vlado was leaning against the kitchen island, and his arms were folded in front of his chest as he gave me a slightly amused look. Well, until I looked at him.  

"Are you ok?" He gave me a look of concern as he spoke. I swallowed harshly and gave him my most convincing smile.

"Yeah, of course." I carefully raised the glass to my mouth and sipped at the water just managing to stay in the glass.

"Are you sure? Because the tears on your face tell a different story." It was only then that I felt tears dripping down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away and plastered a fake smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." My voice cracked slightly as I spoke, and I grimaced lightly.

"You're fine, or I shouldn't worry about it?" I heard Vlado walk closer to me, but I didn't turn around.

"Both." There was silence from both of us. I felt my eyes glaze over as I took another sip from my glass. I didn't want to deal with this right now. Otherwise, I would break down.

"Leah," Vlado said softly, and I felt his hand on my shoulder. I was turned around slowly and faced Vlado. I looked up at him, his face was blurred slightly by my watering eyes. I looked up into his eyes. He looked at me with concerned features and carefully took the glass out of my hands.

There was a small 'clink' from the glass being set on the table behind me. Vlado gently grabbed my hands as he looked down at me. 

He looked me deep in the eyes as he said the next words. 

"I don't know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can."

Those words made me break down. 

The tears finally fell as I let out a sob. My legs gave out and I slowly sunk to the floor.

The breaths racked through my body as I felt the cold tiles under me. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I let out wracked out more sobs.

Two hands landed on my waist and I was lifted slightly off the ground into a hard chest. 

I leaned into the chest and buried my face into it. Vlado rubbed my back gently as I cried. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I was just so tired at this point.

"It's all right, Leah," Vlado said softly as he held me closer to him. "You're going to be alright." Vlado comforted me as I broke down for the second time that night.

We sat on the kitchen tiles, with me on Vlado's legs as he held me. My blanket was lying on the floor forgotten as I cried in his arms. He was leaning against the counters behind me to support my weight as he whispered kind words to me.

"It's ok." He said.

"You're not alone."

Other than Mary, I don't remember the last time I was supported by somebody. Mary has always been there for me when my father and Lucas weren't.

My thoughts couldn't help drifting to before I met Lucas; when my mum had just died.

My dad just shut himself out from everyone around him, especially me. He locked himself in his room and busied himself with work to avoid seeing me and thinking about mum. He always told me I looked so much like her, but I didn't think we looked that similar that we would go out of his way to avoid me.

I just cried it all out. I finally let it all out. I cried about my mum. I cried about my dad. I cried about Lucas. I cried about everything. And I cried until my throat was sore and my tears had finally run out. 

I stayed in Vlado's arms until I was grabbed by the hands of sleep. 

The last thing I remembered was being lifted off the ground and a light pressure on my forehead before everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 1K 48
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...
37.8K 478 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
127K 2.4K 62
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢�...
964K 17.9K 77
Its all fun and games when high school graduate Eloise moves from Bristol, England, to New York to study at NYU. She moves in with her older brother...